A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Found the V-mail I was talking about - re Pay

Posted: Jun 15, 2012

From 05/08

"During the second quarter, across U.S. and India, you will see integration of our people policies, including compensation and benefits, across all entities. As another step in our Mission ONE organizational integration process, we are continuing to evaluate and align job titles and salary structures, and we expect this to be completed by early summer. Being structured on job titles and salary ranges will help us ensure that we are market competitive and allow for easier integration of employees."

Hopefully this would include MTs and not everybody else but MTs. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

If pay were going UP, then yes. But when have - you heard of any MTSO raising pay?

[ In Reply To ..]
Judging by my own experience, and what I read on MT Stars, pay raises haven't happened for most MTs in the past 7-10 years.

I have had 2 raises since I have been - mary

[ In Reply To ..]
at "Medquist"/MMODAL. It is going to take me a long time to say MMODAL. I did have 2 raises, but when they realigned the pay scale last year, my pay went down a bit but better than when I started at MMODAL. But, according to radiology pay scale, it is according to the accounts/contracts they made with the hospitals/clinics and everybody gets the same pay per report.

So our pay will be same as Indian MTs? How does US - dollar rank against rupee?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

what I think is going to happen - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
is they are going to have a pay scale for each tier (from so many cpl to so many cpl) and one for MME. I think the ones who are making chicken scratch now are going to see an improvement, and the ones who are actually making a decent living will stay the same or possibly take a cut. This is just my opinion. Maybe I can change my handle to indentured servant wages.

They do have a pay scale for each tier and one for an MME - They did it about a year ago

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't remember what it was, nor can I find the email. They had a min and a max for each tier and MME. A lot of MTs got pay cuts.
I think they have a max but no min - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
You're probably right. I haven't been able to find the email. - A ceiling in any case.
[ In Reply To ..]
I just know for sure there is a maximum pay that you can get. Some CMTs that were supposed to get a small raise for being certified didn't get it just because their base pay was already maxed.
call me naive - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
but I don't see how even MModal can promise a new enhanced benefits program that turns out to be an across the board pay cut. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

You're naive ;) - Enhanced benefit for them.
[ In Reply To ..]
This isn't first thing they've done something like this under the guise of unicorns and butterflies, and it certainly won't be the last. It won't be across the board, just the MT/ME/MMEs. The suits need to pay for their third house on the beach somehow. They may starve if they can't have their nightly steak dinner.
I hope I'll be able to come back and say I told you so - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
and you won't mind will you? but if you're right, I will have to give notice. I can't afford to make less than I am making now. I'll have to look into doing something else.
Same here - at minimum wage there is nowhere to go but up - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If they reduce my income AND continue my current "no work available" status I WILL lose my house. No ifs, ands, or buts. I am already on Food Stamps and barely holding on by a thread as it is.
I certainly hope you can tell me that you told me so too. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't think anything will happen, - except they will continue

[ In Reply To ..]
to think up more new and convoluted double and triple-speak corporate gibberish to basically say nothing.

I think you're right. That's what the suits get - paid those big bucks for - gibberish! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

They may try and redo the character count - to make it look like a pay raise

[ In Reply To ..]
We already know we don't get paid for ADT info or cc and who knows how we get paid for headings. After the last lawsuit they were supposed to be up front and clear with exactly how we got paid, what counted and what didn't count.

Enhanced pay scale to me means it will look like a pay raise, but it will end up being a pay cut when anyone with an advanced accounting degree actually takes the time to figure out the small print. They may lower the character count per line (some companies pay on a 55) but not count spaces or headings or they may lower the line rate also along with the character count, telling us it is a raise, but in essence we stay the same or lose money. The fear of the unknown is the big thing here- we all know they are cutting the pay, it is just a matter of are they going to be honest about it or are they going to try to ram it down our throats as a "we need you to take a pay cut so we can stay competitive, take one for the team." Honestly, if they go to 8 and 4 I think half the MTs will walk, we can get that anywhere, there is no reason to stay here and put up with the corporate BS.

That sounds ominous to me... corporate-speak - for cutting US MT pay, -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
so that more of them will quit and they can hire (or "integrate") more offshore MTs. "Evaluate and align job titles and structures" probably means less pay for QA and others just a step above MTs in the pecking order.

"Market-competitive" means they want to be able to under-bid everyone else. Only way to do that is siphon some more MT pay out of their already-anemic little paychecks.

Agree - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you are really getting the hang of interpreting their corporate nonsense. They will probably give a raise to the person(s) who can write the most obfuscating materials that use the most words and say the least in the most confusing manner and try to lower the salaries for the MTs.

Evaluate and align job titles and structures" - aon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm pushing 60 and have worked in different fields as well as MT, and have heard that phrase before, and EVERY time it ended up meaning a pay cut for me. If you are in the middle or top of your pay scale, expect it to come down. Possibly the lower end of the pay scale will remain untouched. My foot is already out the door, just sayin....

Sounds like a bunch of jibber-jab to me! NM - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Several companies work it this way ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Last fall I interviewed around with several other companies and got a feel for what other places are paying. I noticed that most of them start with a "base" pay which means if you are an MT, you will make X for straight typing and X for ASR - period. It won't matter if you have 1 year experience or 10 - everyone's pay is the same.

BUT, where it might benefit some is that the pay scales were increased based on production. For instance, if you do between 1000-1200 lines a day, your pay scale goes up to X cpl. If you do between 1201-1400, your pay goes up to X cpl, etc. The ones who really earned the big(ger) bucks were the ones who did 2000+ lines a day.

Where this pay scale would hurt MModal employees is that many of us would never reach the production bonus pay scales because there isn't enough freaking work available. At least 3 regions this week were sitting day after day with NJA so someone like me who is production-driven and can crank out 1800 lines a day when work is available, is only able to squeeze in 1000 lines a day with MModal.

What I think this means - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they are going to try to reduce us all to 4 cpl for editing at which point, before I quit, I think I will send some work back with 4 cents worth of editing per line.

You're probably right - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with MM/MQ for 16 years and was in on the ground floor of ASR - when I read what others are making, I'm thinking that my rate of pay for ASR is higher than most. But, I'm also an MME at $0.03 cpl which totally drags my average rate of pay down.

The ONLY thing that saves me from going under from my MME pay is the tiny bit of higher ASR pay I earn. If they take that away from me I will have no choice but to leave. I'm a single mom who is barely surviving and I can't afford to lose any more money working for this company - soon we will all be paying THEM.

And if you have to send more than 5% to QA - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
you will be making 1 cent a line which, for me, would be $2.50/hour and less for many. As I said, if they do this, before I quit (or they fire me), I will send back a bunch of work with 4 cents worth of editing which, you can guess, will not be much.
I think we all should if that happens - I know I for sure will
[ In Reply To ..]
I have taken enough pay cuts with this company, lost bonuses, weekend differential, difficult dictator pay, then ASR, and the MT Rewards Plan that cut my pay because I was over the top of the max for tier 3. Just too many cuts and no raises since 2000 because I was maxed supposedly. If they cut my pay, I have to speed up and will FOR CERTAIN miss things that I typically would not miss.
Imagine the protest impact if everyone did that - at the same time... an editing strike!
[ In Reply To ..]
.. then tell them, "You pay us bad? You get it bad! So.. how bad do you want it?"

Market competitive? - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
"....will help us ensure that we are market competitive..."

Competitive with whom, I might ask! I'm serious. There's Nuance; but who else would be in the same league with M*Modal? Aren't they both so similar now that they're already very close in pay to the MTs?

So who in the market do you suppose they mean with whom they need to ensure that they're competitively priced?

Similar Messages:

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

No One Talking About DIT
May 30, 2011

I am really surprised that there is no one talking about DIT.  I know that I am not the only one that got the shaft from them.  The owners last excuse for not paying me for work completed was that he just found out that he was losing his eyesight!.  Again, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  He couldn't answer his emails because he had to find someone else to read them to him.  By the end of the conversation, I was in tears..... I am such a fool.  I did however, get my pay in full, ...

Nobody Talking??
Jan 07, 2015

Must be extremely busy with M*Modal today.  Nobody has anything to say. Either that or they were taught properly and know if they can't say anything nice they won't say anything at all! ...

When Talking About Positions.....
Feb 21, 2012

is 12 o'clock position/axis/radians or twelve o'clock.....please check the book of style, cuz I'm getting confused with these new people.... ...

People Are Always Talking About How ICs Should Not Have
Sep 27, 2012

a set schedule, but I also thought as an IC you should be able to say how much you charge, not let the MTSO tell you how much they are willing to pay you. ...

Tired Of Getting Talking Down To
Nov 14, 2013

anyone else tired of being talking down to by their QC, so sick of it, they act like we are babies and they are the only ones with knowledge.  So we make a mistake, their mistake in this company if making the point value so high on silly things, but there again that is one way of getting rid of us and giving more to off-shoring. Just tired of it all but looking every chance I get.   And I guess the higher ups who get copies of all the QC emails probably are eating it up when they ...

Talking Type
Mar 30, 2015

Has anyone worked for Talking Type?  I just tested for them and wondered how they are as far as paying on time and having enough work.  Thanks.  Ev ...

I Have A PA That Is Dictating Metacarpals When He Talking About
May 02, 2010

xx ...

......He Could Be Talking About Any MTSO In America.
Aug 20, 2010

Gotta love George Carlin; he doesn't mince words.   As I listened to his monologue, I felt like he was describing most MTSO's, not just corporate America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI ...

Talking About Blood Cells S/l Rue Low...
Oct 26, 2010

s/l rue low...then goes on with platelet count ...

What Platform Does MModal Use? Someone Was Talking To Me About Sm
May 10, 2013

work and said the use the "M Modal" platofrm.  What is that?  I know back in the Medquist day it was DocQScribe.  Is it that, something like that, or something completely different? ...

Remember When We Were Talking About Words
Dec 20, 2013

People where I live have all started saying Mmbye when they say goodbye.  Like they are getting off the phone and they say mmbye.  It's driving me nuts. ...

Questions To Ask When Talking To Recruiters
Jun 10, 2014

Does anyone know if there isa good website when asking general questions with MT recruiters?  Sometimes I forget to askcertain questions until after I  hagve hung up the pone?  I have made lists before, but would also like another opinion or two.  Thanks ...

What Light Do You Guys Keep Talking About??
Dec 15, 2014

No clue.  ...

Don't See Anyone Here Talking About The New Rules That Have Not Even Been Instituted Yet. Sm
Dec 20, 2014

The hopeful folks....did you forget we have not even started with the new guidelines by which our work will be audited at a yet unspecified date?  You may be feeling all warm and comfy right now with your 99.9% to 100% reviews.  I would not be counting on that. I've had plenty of those, too, and regularly achieved the quarterly bonus up until recently. So, I work 25 hours, and they audited 1 report only with 1 error and I am at a tad over 98%. Meanwhile, I pended 4 jobs and that ...

Pay Per Audio Talking Minute
Jan 16, 2015

Note, these are non-MT jobs. I have been applying to jobs that pay per "audio talking minute." These are all basically customer service jobs which might include a little tech help and also might include some upselling. Anyone have a take on this? After I quit MT, I SWORE I would never do any job that was not hourly or otherwise a guaranteed amount per paycheck. Has anyone done this type of work? I guess I'm curious what "audio talking minute" means. I'm assuming it means not ...

Someone I Was Talking To Told Me Coding
Apr 29, 2015

as transcription of being automated and/or off-shored.   Needless to say this was very discouraging.  Anyone have an opinion about this?  I hope it's not true.  ...

So I Get An Email From N Talking About How They Are Hiring
Apr 30, 2015

for acute care.  I sent them the following email and wonder if I came across as rude. Hi.  I have tried contacting you all several times.  I was hired, finished the paperwork, got the foot pedal and then it seemed like you all forgot about me.  I got another email just like this one and responded to a girl, was told she would get back with me and again I was forgotten.  Please let me know if I can work for you all or not.  If not, please do not email again. ...

Arrrggggg -- Making Me Crazy -- Talking
Feb 26, 2010

in such slow halting manner, almost like a computer voice only worse...I have this dodo at maximum speed and he is still so slow I want to browse between windows... this is probably the result of using voice transcription machines.  Hello, we're human !! please just talk like a regular people-person... ...

What Happened To The Post Below Talking About The Companies
Apr 13, 2010

doing illegal things/getting busted that listed a specific labor law in detail with highlighted areas pertaining to what these MT companies are doing?  Has it been removed, and if so why?  That post had some really good info regarding these companies. ...

Extremely Fast Talking With An Accent.
Feb 07, 2011

I have been transcribing for 11 years and everytime I get a fasting talking dictator with an accent, it slows me down so much that it affects my production.  I have slowed down the speed and added several expanders but that does not seem to help. Are there any tips or suggestions anyone has that can help? Thanks, Mel ...

How Come No One's Talking About The Increased Line Requirement?
Dec 21, 2012

I'm aware of the increase in lines per hour to 186 (average between regular and edited) which I think might be a little challenging to sustain on a regular day-in and day-out basis, but why is no one discussing the increased weekly line requirements. It's a pretty significant jump.  ...

People Who Work For This Company Will Know Who I'm Talking About...
Nov 03, 2012

This company got a huge account that we as MTs cleaned up their late reports at a rate of 9 cpl (1,000 to 2,000 or more) as they put them in our system.  Not a bad line rate, right?  Dictation was bad, sound quality sucked, and on and on. Now that they are dictating into our system daily, the "contract has been renegotiated" and if we still want to type for the account we are getting 7.5 cpl.  What a damned ripoff!! Who can guess what company this one is?  I' ...

How To Type This 10 To The 5th ?? See Msg. Talking About Urine Culture
Dec 11, 2012

We also are awaiting urine culture.  Preliminary she has 2 organisms less than 10 to the 5th in quantity.   Not sure how to type this.  10 and then 5 superscript?? ...

Do These Super-fast-talking Dictators
Apr 12, 2014

their dictation comes out with VR?   I have to retype most of it, whatever I can understand, that is.  :p   ...

Vitritis, Pupritis Or Retinitis? I Know He Is Talking About Pupil Infection But Cannot Find This Wo
Aug 08, 2013

? ...

Could You Talking Of "impending" Sale Please Post Some Info/proof?
Sep 08, 2012

It's just reorganization because of Nuance buying Transcend, as far as I can see, and we all knew that was coming. As far as MM buying Nuance, you have to be kidding. MM was just bought by Chase, and they are in bad shape financially. They (MM) refused an offer from an unnamed company prior to the sale, and that offer was much higher than Chase's offer, FYI. There was speculation that Nuance was the company, however, no proof. Nuance is riding high with Nina and everything else the ...

Think I Found My Out!
Sep 09, 2010

I think I have found my out of MTing finally.  I am going to try to be a home health aide.  It is perfect for me in every way!!  I am just so excited! ...

Look What I Found
Oct 28, 2011

I found the below on the Company Board, and wondered if this could be true? ... Because you've already put in your 40 hours. It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime. If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work. Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...