A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For those of you with medical insurance ... - anon

Posted: Dec 19, 2013

I just signed up for insurance this past open enrollment and our first payment will be deducted from the January 12 pay check.  But I have a question for those of you who already have insurance ...

For those 2 months a year when there are *3* pay checks (in 2014 it will be May and October) how are the payments deducted ... do we actually make *3* equal insurance payments those months in the same amount - or still the same monthly payment, just divided by 3? 

Nevermind, I called payroll and got an answer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't think it would be that easy to just pick up the phone and speak to a live person so I posted my question here first - but I did get an answer right away.

In case there is anyone else here with the same question, the answer is that our insurance premiums are calculated based on 26 pay checks, not 24 ... so we have equal payments coming out of our check the entire year.

Similar Messages:

TT Medical Insurance
Dec 03, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about whether we're keeping the old insurance or getting a new company?  Shouldn't we have already heard by now?  Getting concerned.  With all this new healthcare crap, I've heard some companies (not MT necessarily) are electing not to offer coverage. ...

TT New Medical Insurance (msg)
Jan 03, 2012

Does anyone know if it has taken effect yet?  I haven't heard anything since I filled out the enrollment forms and need to make a dr appt.  Was it supposed to be January 1?  ...

Medical Insurance?
May 01, 2013

I'm wondering what other ICs do for medical insurance, at least the ones without spouses to cover that for them. Private insurance? any recommendations? ...

Are We Still Getting Medical Insurance?
Sep 23, 2013

Are we still going to receive medical insurance benefits, or are we going to have to acquire out own? Does anyone have any information? Please advise. ...

Medical Insurance
Oct 30, 2014

I don't have medical insurance through my job or other source. Is it true that people without medical insurance will be fined? And if so, how come I haven't been notified? Will I get a "surprise" notification of a big fine later on? ...

Medical Insurance At Keystrokes
Sep 04, 2010

Does anybody know how long after hire that an MLS is eligible for medical insurance benefits at Keystrokes? Thanks in advance.  ...

TransTech Medical Insurance
Sep 29, 2010

Could someone please share what medical insurance company TransTech insures with?  Thanks. ...

How Much Is The Medical Insurance For One Person Or Two?
Nov 23, 2010

Could someone please tell me, how much is the medical insurance for one person or two?  Is there a choice between HMO and PPO?  Thank you. ...

I Want To Drop To PT But What Happens With The Medical Insurance? Sm
Aug 26, 2011

If I drop to part time at the beginning of Sep, how long is my medical insurance in effect?  Is it dropped immediately?  Thanks! ...

Medical Insurance Question
Apr 23, 2013

Can anyone tell me how much the medical insurance premium is for a single person? I was on sort of a public assistance/reduced cost medical program for me and my kids for the last couple of years, but now they want me to pay $170/month for just me. Apparently, my kids can be covered at a lower cost, but I can't afford the 170 bucks a month, so I'm going to have to take myself off the plan. I know I won't be able to get insurance w/ MM til next January, but just need to do a little ...

Insurance Medical Examiner Job
Mar 21, 2014

I just had an exam for life insurance where a young man came out and took my blood pressure by a battery operated digital device, drew blood and took a urine sample, weighed me, as well as asked questions which he filled out on a form.  It seemed like a pretty easy job overall, so I looked up the requirements through the company he works for, and apparently being a skilled pheblotomist, able to fill out paper work and access to a computer is all that was needed.  He did menti ...

Medical Insurance At Nuance
Jun 14, 2014

I'm currently working 24 hours a week @ MModal.  My husband's medical insurance has become too expensive, so am thinking about going to Nuance for 30 hours a week for benefits.  Could anyone tell me who the insurance carrier is and about what the deductible is?  Also, is there out of net wot coverage?  Thanks so much :) ...

Health Insurance For Medical Transcriptionist
Oct 28, 2009

I was wondering for all of you MTs who work full-time from home, what health insurance does your company provide you and your family with and how much do you pay out of pocket? I work for a company (will not mention the name) and pay $62 per pay period (for just me) which I didn't think was so bad - BUT i just found out I have a $3500 calender year deducible and will have to pay 35% of hospital fees if admitted (which I will be in 2010). So besides paying the $62 monthly, I will be paying $ ...

Medical Insurance Coverage Is Too Costly.
Jan 24, 2010

My new job has told me I am now eligible for insurance.  However, it is 227.00 per paycheck.  My last job in May, I paid 58.00 per paycheck.  Am wondering if they are charging me due to past diagnosis of early stage cancer or if this is what everyone is paying these days.    Thank you. ...

Home Coding Medical Insurance?
Jan 28, 2010

Hi Cj, Does your company offer health insurance for its employees that work from home?  Also, I assume remote coders can live anywhere or do they need to be in the state the company is in?  Thanks.         ...

Group Medical Insurance For Transcriptionists?
Aug 17, 2010

I was wondering if there is group insurance anywhere for those of us who do this full time without benefits?  It seems that with insurance companies and strength in numbers, something should be available.  Anyone have any information on or experience with this?  I am recently certified with a few years experience and am looking to quit my crappy full time job that I am working only for the insurance to do this full time, but am hitting a wall with the insurance dilemma. ...

Mini-Medical Insurance Policies
Apr 05, 2012

I've been doing a lot of research in the past few weeks and wonder if others have reached the same conclusions. My MTSO is offering a backup "mini-medical" (reduced benefits) plan for employees whose hours have been decreased due to lack of work.  When I resarched this kind of plan, this is what I learned. 1.  A typical major medical insurance plan:  Your insurance carrier recommends seeing in-network care providers.  The carrier has pre-negotiated rates with these pro ...

Are There Production Requirements For The New Medical Insurance?
Jun 05, 2012

I am thinking of going back to full time, but have doubts about making production quotas if there are any for the insurance. Crummy ASR plus, with the new account with straight typing, the accents are taking a toll on that production. Only consolation is QA wasn't able to fill in any of the 11 blanks in my last document, and that is typical with this account. ...

I Know! Instead Of Becoming Homeless, I'll Just Drop My Medical Insurance
Jul 03, 2013

At least I can be sick in a house instead of sick in a car. ...

Medical Transcription Liability Insurance
Sep 19, 2013

Where do you buy transcription liability insurance and how expensive is it. I'm ready to go work at Wal-Mart after 20 years in this business. ...

Afraid To Sign Up For Medical Insurance, Don't Want
Nov 20, 2013

I know that sounds crazy, but this company is MAKING me crazy! Up to now, I haven't signed up for the medical insurance, but now I need to and am afraid that will make me a future "target" for firings/layoffs.  That's the main issue I have with this company right now - the "unknown." I know that many people really don't know what the future holds with their company and that layoffs happen, but this company has a striking track record for mass firings, and it always seems to b ...

Medical Transcription Vs Selling Insurance?
Feb 18, 2014

In my eagerness to get out of MT (and home based work in general), I've sent my resume to 4 different staffing agencies. I have an interview at a local Aflac office tomorrow, they seemed impressed by my medical knowledge and clerical skills. The interview occurs during my normal MT schedule, so I lied to my TSM, telling her I had a dental appointment. The thing is, I've got other offers from other insurance companies. I have NO sales experience, and there is NOTHING on my resume to ind ...

Jobs Based On Medical Insurance
May 12, 2015

If I'm naive about this, I'll apologize up-front but... Perhaps a better alternative to searching for an MT position with a company for the basic right (need) to have medical insurance would be to sign up for Affordable Care Act? Get an IC position with more flexibility, less stress from being over-supervised, and make premium payments out of that income? Seems sad and unnecessary to struggle just to find contentment in a job where medical insurance is the primary reason for putting ...

Health Insurance For Self-employed Medical Transcriptionist
Feb 18, 2011

My husband is 6 years old than I am and retiring and starting Medicare in couple months.  I have always been on his insurance.  Anyone have any good leads to health insurance for us self-employed types.  Thanks. ...

Nuance Medical Insurance/line Counts
Jul 21, 2011

I've just signed on with Nuance and was wondering about the medical/dental insurance.  Can anyone tell me the cost for employee and family?  Would like to know about deductibles, etc.  Please give your opinions on the insurance too please.   Also, was wondering if current employees find it easy/difficult to reach the required line counts at Nuance.  Thanks! ...

Digital Transcription Systems? Medical Insurance
Dec 08, 2011

A good company to work for?  Good medical insurance?  Lots of work?  Any input is greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription - Health Insurance For A New Employee At The 30-day Or 60-day Mark?
Mar 01, 2010

Anyone know of a company who starts health insurance  for a new employee at the 30-day or 60-day mark? ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...