A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

First word after a period capitalized. - redmaj

Posted: Apr 27, 2013

For some reason, the first word after a period is not capitalized now. I could ask QA but would take too long to get an answer. Anyone have the answer?

F2 to turn capitalization back on. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Will F2 - fix if it is an ASR mess?-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

Then Ctl Shift A or correction. Time consuming! - new ASR glitch

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have been seeing ASR not capitalizing after a period with increasing frequency. Guess it's time to file a Remedy ticket.

I say shower these IT dolts with Remedy tickets! Doesn't matter about spending the time filing tickets as I will still get just minimum wage, i.e. Amy's average lph.

Similar Messages:

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Disabling 2 Spaces After A Period In Word 2003
Feb 01, 2011

I know I've done it before, but it's been so long since I've had a new computer that I've forgotten how. Anyone know?? Thanks. ...

Is The Word "Dextrostix" To Be Capitalized ?
Aug 19, 2010

When transcribing a dictation, is the word "Dextrostix" to be capitalized ?  ...

Should Pneumovax Be Capitalized?
Oct 12, 2009

as in the pneumovax vaccine? thanks! ...

Is Candidiasis Capitalized
Apr 10, 2010

x ...

Glucometer Capitalized Or Not?
Jul 15, 2010

Is glucometer supposed to be capitalized or not?  ...

Ceftaz Capitalized Or Not?
Aug 25, 2010

Dictator states vancomycin and ceftaz. QA changed it to Ceftaz. Which is correct? ...

Plain Gut, Capitalized Or Not?
Feb 15, 2011

"...a segment of tube was oscillated and tied off using 2-0 plain gut ( or Plain Gut)..." Thank you ...

Phyrgian Cap - ?capitalized - SM
Apr 04, 2011

Hi, all, My (oldish) Stedman's Radiology Words doesn't show it capitalized, but almost every other (credible) reference does.  Anyone got something definitive on this? Thanks :) ...

Is Centigrade Capitalized?
Aug 07, 2011

I find that Celsius is capitalized, but no help with centigrade. Anyone ? thanks..... ...

Phaco Blade-capitalized?
Jan 26, 2010

Does anyone know whether "phaco"  as in "phaco blade" is capitalized or not?  Is there a chance it would be one word:  phacoblade?  Thank you so much for your response in advance!!! ...

Is Carbo/taxol Capitalized ??
Feb 15, 2010

x ...

Would Agent Orange Be Capitalized? SM
Oct 06, 2010

"The patient was exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnam War."   Thank you kindly! ...

Gamma Knife - Capitalized?
Jun 20, 2011

Is Gamma knife a brand name for a certain radiosurgery or is it just a type? Accordingly, how is it capitalized?  Thanks,  ...

Is Halo Brace Capitalized?
Dec 06, 2010

Thanks ...

Should Staph Be Capitalized In This Sentence?
May 28, 2011

In this sentence, "The wound cultured staph aureus" should Staph be capitalized or not?  Stedman's doesn't help.  It has it both ways.  Can't find in BOS. ...

Since When Is Neurology Service Capitalized?
Mar 03, 2014

Years back, the name of the service was to be capitalized if they said the patient was seen by Podiatry or the patient was seen by Neurology.  But if the patient was seen by the neurology service, it was not capitalized.  Why am I being counted off for not capitalizing Neurology Service?  It just looks stupid with it capitalized.  I feel like I'm dealing with people who don't really know what they are doing.  Very frustrating.  ...

Hana Table - Capitalized OR NOT?
Dec 12, 2014

When I Google this word -- the word with the copyright symbol hana _is NOT capitalized. I am wondering how you would put in a document in the middle of a sentence? hana or Hana table? ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

Is Rhomboid Flap Capitalized. I Can Find It Both Ways!
Oct 13, 2011

xx ...

Gamma West Template For Brachytherapy-capitalized?
Aug 02, 2013

I don't know whether to capitalize "gamma west" or not.  I can't find any reference on it. ...

PTO Per Pay Period
Dec 09, 2011

Just got off the utilipro site and can't seem to see where it is listed the # of hours of PTO I get per paycheck.  I am a FT employee and have been with the company 6 years already, but I can't find this info.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Period Or No Period
Jan 03, 2013

Hi.  I know I am going to get ripped for these questions.  However, I have not transcribed in a while and I cannot remember if mg, mcg should be mg., mcg.  Can someone help me update myself.  Thanks Carol.  Also, since I am asking, for postoperative diagnosis do you type " same "or do you type out what the preop was?  I would appreciate any help as there are so many different ways to transcribe it and sometimes clients have preferences.  Thanks Carol. ...

End Of Pay Period . . .
Jan 20, 2013

and I'm a little concerned.  My supervisor religiously sends out an email reminding people to approve their timecards, and this time - nothing.  I've put in the last of my PTO to cover all the hours I missed this week due to NJA (which is basically a failure of management to staff accounts correctly), and she still hasn't approved it.  She usually has by this time.  My concern is that MModal is going to start pulling stunts like some of these other c ...

End Of Pay Period
Jan 30, 2013

This is to those MTs who do next to nothing for most of the pay period and then the last 2 days decide to make up all of their lines.  It really screws those of who show up every day and work our full day.  I've spent more time hitting the "get next job" today than I've transcribed lines.  I looked back at the last 5 pay periods and every single one of them on the last 2 days of the pay, I was barely able to make my lines. If you're going to be a slacker then just ...

$161.00 This Pay Period
Jul 25, 2013

Welp....at least I can make my car payment.....Food?  Food banks here I come! ...

Got MUP This Pay Period.
Jul 09, 2014

Low and no work, multiple accounts.  Lucky I got what I did this last payperiod.  However, early this year I got a few bucks in MUP and was told to bring my statistics up or else.  Now, I figure I will be either fired or put on probation for this.  Spent too much time signing in and out for OOW crap.  Should not hold us accountable for that, but you know how it goes. ...

How Could I Have Earned So Little This Pay Period!!!
Dec 10, 2009

I'm $200 short.  The big difference is I did more ASR this pay period.  At this rate, the rent is now at least 3/4 of my monthly earnings.  How am I going to pay the bills and still eat? Hope I can survive until I'm out of here?  Counting down - 7 more months to go until my training for a new career is finished.  ...

Probation Period
Feb 19, 2010

I am curious - I was hired by a company and am almost at my probation end period.  I have been hearing a lot from other MTs about getting laid-off and or terminated from different companies.  I wonder if I should be worried that it will happen to me.  I would hate to think the worst but ... ...