A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doctors not liking this either - GMR

Posted: Mar 12, 2012

My girlfriend told her internist about our plight and the doctor said that they were actually forbidden to use a transcription service and to do it themselves instead.  She hates it and would rather have a transcriptionist do it because they are so good at what they do! Laughing  I don't understand why they would be forbidden to use a transcriptionist. Anyone care to guess why?  She said the cost was not the reason and would gladly pay and pay and pay!!!!

My doc uses in-house transcription - becuase he agrees with me

[ In Reply To ..]
That companies tend to send the crap overseas and it is a violation of homeland security..Forbidden, not sure why they would say that..I do know Hippa doesnt apply to Indians...And the one doc I used to go to hated having to fix the indians messes..just my 2 cents, which is all I have left working here.

It is the cost and management policies - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is actually the cost. Even if the doctor was willing to pay, the practice might not feel they can afford it. They might have invested in Dragon or electronic records with templates and want the doctors to use them. There may be no more budget left for MT.

Doctors can stay in business if they get paid. Insurers are very difficult now and Medicare is next to impossible. It has become such a struggle that many physicians sold or turned over the administration of their practices to practice management companies. Those companies call the shots. The money situation is so bad that some doctors I know had not been paid in a year and ended up having to move out of state to work.

I wonder if it has anything to do with just - getting them used to

[ In Reply To ..]
doing it on their own. A lot of people are very resistent to change and always choose to keep things the way they have been. I just wonder if maybe they are requiring this to make it part of their routine and then maybe eventually it won't be a big deal anymore.

This doc doesn't like - gmr

[ In Reply To ..]
spending time away form her patients. She finds it a total distraction and waste of her time. She would much rather pay us a living wage than do it herself. She says we do it better anyway!!!

Similar Messages:

Really Liking My...
Mar 17, 2010

first three days with Amphion.  People are wonderful!  Platform they use is new, so there are some glitches they are working out, but really easy to learn. ...

So, How Are You New Meridian MTs Liking It Here At MM?
Mar 19, 2013

x ...

So...Synernet MTs How Are You Liking The New VR?
May 21, 2014

So, what do you think of the new VR?  Just wondering, because I know they are going to VR and I want to apply.  ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Not Liking Lack Of Direct Deposit.
Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Depos ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

Doctors Who Cut Themselves Off
Feb 05, 2010

Doesn't it drive you nuts when a doctor consistently cuts himself off when he dictates?  I sometimes get half words, the last couple letters of words, places where I haves to leave blanks because they say something like:  EKG showed (silence) rhythm.  What kind of regular?  Regular rate and....?  Arrrrggggghhhh! Sorry.  Needed to vent.  I make sure to send a note that dictation cuts out.  What I really want to say is the doctor dictates like an idio ...

Is It Just Me, Or Do A Lot Of Doctors Have The
Feb 16, 2011

I have heard Indiana Jones, however.  ...

Pig Doctors
Feb 16, 2014

I dispise doctors who not only eat while dictating, but eat with their mouths right up to the phone, openly smacking loudly - smack-smack-smack.  What disgusting pigs!  I hate them! They obviously aren't taught any table manners where they come from. ...

Anyone Know? Are Doctors And NP Or Anyone
Aug 15, 2014

encounters, are they required to have a short course on proper dictation procedure? I would think, being that this medical record is sooo freaking important that we are drawn and quartered if not perfect, that these professionals who generate these reports would also be schooled about proper pronunciation, enunciation, etc. before they throw it out there for us to perfect. Getting kind of sick of these lazy, mush-mouthed, slurred, rapid and mispronounced dictations. ...

Some Of These Doctors
Sep 24, 2014

Should have their right to dictate revoked. What a looong day ...

TTD, Inc. (The Transcription Doctors, Inc.)
Oct 25, 2009

If anyone knows any kind of info at all for this company I would love to hear from you. I am supposed to be talking to someone tomorrow from this company and I would love to know if they are legit. Thanks so much! ...

Inconsiderate Doctors
Nov 03, 2009

Why is it the doctors cannot give you the information you need in the order you need it.  They all know the standards and they will sure raise hell if we deviate.  Would it be too much to ask for just a little consideration in this regard so we are not constantly jumping all over the place?  I mean, heck, their God, God can do anything. ...

Transcription Doctors Inc.
Jan 20, 2010

Has anyone worked with this company before, not seen much posted for them, is that good or bad? ...

The Transcription Doctors
Feb 20, 2010

I can't find a dang thing in the archives about this company.  HELP.  Thanks everyone. ...

Transcription Doctors TTD
Feb 21, 2010

To the poster who posted below looking for information on TTD.  They don't have their own accounts.  They work for Superior Global and maybe others.  Superior pays them to find ICs.  They probably pay them 4 cpl and then TTD pays you a cruddy 3 cpl to edit VR reports.  They don't offer direct deposit because Superior is paying them and then they pay you, which is why you have to wait a month for your check.   I would never work for a company that is just bascially an agency hir ...

The Transcription Doctors TTD
Jun 29, 2010

I accidentally posted this on the main board too so sorry for the repeat post. I saw a post here that TTD was a bad company to work for. I recently graduated form CS and I have been looking for a job for the past 2 weeks. TTD offered me a job without doing any testing and I thought that was odd. I really want to gain experience since but I don't want to work for a horrible place. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

The Transcription Doctors - TTD
Jun 29, 2010

I have gone through the past several months and I saw one post about The Transcription Doctors being a bad company to work for. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience or if they are all still bad comments. I just recently graduated from CS and I have been looking for jobs for a while. I was offered the job at TTD without doing any testing and I just thought it was odd. I just want to gain experience but Im nervous to work there after what I have read. Any input would be greatl ...

TTD - The Transcription Doctors
Apr 15, 2010

My recommendation is to have any MT who feels her time is valuable to Stay very far away from this company. I am going to be very careful in how I word this.  Company did not pay me correctly.  Our line counts did not match.  Experienced problems with line count accuracy early in employment.  Kept accurate records of line counts (their counts and my counts).  Was only paid 1/10th of first invoice.  Inquired about issue several times, and only when I sent an email to ...

Student Doctors!
Nov 04, 2010

Why, oh why, oh why can't the students hit the PAUSE button when they are dictating to gather their thoughts?  Why must I sit through listening to page turning, and "thinking" noises?  Meanwhile, time is money in this job ... and I really am getting tired of this!  My main account is a large teaching hospital, and so I get alot of students, residents, fellows ... etc.  <grrrrrrrrr> OK .. I feel better now that I just vented!  :) ...

W2 From Transcription Doctors?
Feb 05, 2011

I was an IC for TTD for about 6 months.  Has anyone gotten their W2 from them yet? (the one in California).  Thanks! ...

Transcription Doctors -How Often Is Pay?
Feb 18, 2011

Do you have to work a month before getting your first check at Transcription Doctors? How frequently do they pay?  Do they offer direct deposit?  Thanks ...

Addressing Two Doctors
Feb 21, 2011

In the salutation would it be Dear Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones?  Or would it be Dear Doctors Smith and Jones?  ...

I Think The Q Should Be Educating All The Doctors
Mar 24, 2011

that they are dictating for ASR and how to do it, punctuation and all. They need to take some responsibility for this. If they would dictate for ASR, ASR output would likely be better. I base this on the doctors who do dictate everything, including punctuation and the fact the output is good for this doctors. Although, these doctors do tend to speak in a more understandable manner. I spend too much time stopping to punctuate, and I shouldn't need to. ...

TTD (The Transcription Doctors)
Aug 01, 2011

PLEASE BE ADVISED---THIS ACCOUNT PROMISES WORK, BUT RUNS OUT OF IT VERY FAST.  THEY ONLY WILL LET YOU WORK ON ONE ACCOUNT AT A TIME UNTIL YOU ARE RELEASED.  YOU WILL MAKE NO MONEY!!!! ...

The Transcription Doctors.
Oct 06, 2011

I am intersted in some current info on this company. I have read the archives and just want to check and see from any current employees if their payroll issues are resolved.  Also, info on platform, dicitators, etc. Thank you! ...

Where Do Doctors Dictate?
Oct 13, 2011

Ok, I'm curious, but can doctos do their dictations anywhere? A lot of times, I hear a bunch of doctors in like some sort of dictation room. You can hear other doctors doing dications. I just picture a bunch of people in white coats sitting at a desk talking into a phone. lol. Other times it sounds like they're in an emergency room while an emergency is going on. People are asking for things, things are clanging around. Sometimes it sounds like they're in their own home. Had an ...

The Transcription Doctors Don't Pay?
Nov 03, 2011

Aren't they the ones who don't pay? I've seen something in the past about this. ...

Transcription Doctors?
Feb 28, 2012

I recently applied with Transcription Doctors and almost immediately recieved a "new hire packet." I spent hours filling out all of the paperwork and now recieve no response, via email or phone, from either of the contact points! Does anyone out there either work for them, or have this same issue? Thanks so much! ...