A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear Lisa - We need more information

Posted: May 22, 2012

In order to help you understand, we need more information from you.  This client that you are so worried about.  Did it have in-house staff totally before the buyout?  Was this buyout concerning another MTSO that had this client and now that client is under MM regime?  If so, the transition for the hospital would not be significant, probably just a software swap on their dictation/MR server that sends the work to the MTSO.  MM would probably hang onto the former MTSO's transcription platform for the previous MTs' benefit, and then transition to the DQS platform.  Once again, the client may not even realize their MTs are on a different platform.  DQS autoformats the document to the client's specification.  The client also supposedly can choose whether they want their stuff to go to India or not.  Each client comes with a client profile with its own set of rules that all MTs typing on that account must follow.  Once again, the client has more control than you realize. 

If your client did all their own work in the beginning and they decided to send their work to MM.  That's your client administrator's decision and things will change whether the docs like it or not.  Many dictators don't even realize they don't have an in-house staff anymore.

If the client is switching to EPIC (or its equivalent) through MM.  Once again, client adminstrator's decision and you probably should find a new job.

I'm not sure why you keep saying the clients don't like it and would never go along with it.  They have a lot of say what happens to their work, and in the end, they can just not sign the contract. 

Honestly, some of the MTs who were just bought out can probably enlighten more as I was hired by MQ (now MM) years upon years ago.  Any way you look at it, change is coming in your direction.  You can either roll with it or be proactive and find a new job.  I'm sorry for the position you are in; I don't wish it upon anybody...well, maybe the MM suits.

Thank you for your kind and lengthy response - Lisa (May not a resident of the US - according to

[ In Reply To ..]
Again, much appreciated. I have been comfarted much....

That would account for the - methane gas, I suppose (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

LMBO - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate getting comfarted from the methane gas!

You people are too funny!

Similar Messages:

To Lisa - ACE Versus Ace
Oct 07, 2010

ACE inhibitor is correct because ACE is an abbreviation.  While ACE wrap is the trademark name, Ace is used to avoid confusion.  ...