A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DQS - shortcuts quit working - Helena

Posted: Aug 05, 2012

anyone ever have that happen?  What can I do to make them start again?  Any and all help appreciated.

Helena, Did you hit F4 by mistake? - Try hitting F4 and see

[ In Reply To ..]
if that does it. Good luck!

F4 - YOU'RE THE BEST!!! - Helena

[ In Reply To ..]
That was the problem. Thank you SOOOO much! Hope you have as wonderful a day as I think you are right now!

No problem! - I know I freaked out

[ In Reply To ..]
the first time it happened to me. Have a great rest-of-the-day!

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Having Problems With Some Shortcuts Not Working
Aug 12, 2012

seems to be the longer ones...like I do shortcuts to fix where ASR doesnt put commas risks benefits and alternatives is the one I am playing with now, it will not add the commas on the shortcut I made. ...

Working Myself To Death For Slave Wages And About To Quit
Mar 25, 2011

I need some real input.  I did my research on this field and went to one of the best schools.  I work hard and do excellent work.  I've been doing this for almost a year, and I want to know when I'll reach minimum wage.  I get 7.5 to 8 cents a line.  I am technically full-time, but they don't always give me enough work. I worked for one company that couldn't keep me busy enough, switched companies, then decided to work for BOTH.  According to th ...

Instant Text & EXText - Quit Working
Sep 04, 2013

I've been using IT with EXText for Word on the same clients for many months without any problems until it quit working last night.  It still works with every other program I tried to use it with, except EXText.  Went to the IT forum who offered suggestions but none worked.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

Instant Text - Auto Spacing Quit Working
Dec 22, 2014

I've tried shutting down.  It works here,  but not with Word.  Can anyone help?  Of course,  I need to actually do typing today when I normally just QA.... Thanks.   ...

DQS ASR Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2012

I have so much pain in my left hand from doing the Ctr Shift M shortcut to get the cursor to the spot the audio is (or at least in the vicinity). I use my left pinkie finger to push Ctr and Shift and my right hand to push M. Another new repetitive action injury...... I would like to fix. ...

Keyboard Shortcuts
Sep 12, 2010

I read on one of these boards (darned if I can find if) something about using keyboard shortcuts. Several people mentioned they us ????. Unfortunately all I can rember is it started with an A and had 3 letters!!! Sorry, the brain does not remember what else there was to it. Any of you smart ladies out there figure out what I am trying to say??? Thanks for the help! ...

PRINTING SHORTCUTS!!!
Oct 07, 2010

Good morning/afternoon MQ co-workers!   I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way I can print out my personal dictionary of shortcuts?  I have so many that I think I'm putting in duplicates now!  I'd really like to see what I've got and eliminate/add only relevant shortcuts. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!   (Have a blessed day)!!  ...

Shortcuts For M-Modal VR
Feb 26, 2012

I am trying to learn as many shortcuts as possible to get faster on M-Modal VR. Anyone out there with any tips or shortcuts could you please share?? So far I have been using: CTRL shift "I" - Slow down dictation. CTRL "I" - Speed up dictation. CTRL and arrow keys. CTRL Shift "H" for heading toggle. CTRL Shift "A" for caps toggle. CTRL Delete for word to the right. CTRL Backspace to delete word to the left. And then I use my expansions. Anyone have any other tips or tricks/shortc ...

Shortcuts For SR At Mmodal
Jan 21, 2013

Is there a website where the shortcuts for SR are listed?  I have lost mine, and need them again. ...

Bayscribe Shortcuts
Apr 10, 2014

I just got a new computer and when I went into Bayscribe I find that I have none of my hundreds of shortcuts I have been putting in over the last few years.  Any idea how to get them to show up on my new computer?   I know there has to be a way to transfer them.  Thanks for any assistance I can get.  ...

VR Shortcuts For EScription 11
Oct 25, 2014

I recently started a job that uses editscript 11 or eScription 11.  Some of the jobs are coming through as VR and I've never done VR on eScription before so I dont know any of the shortcuts. Would someone please be kind enough to provide me with the shortcuts? Even the basics would help till I'm able to find them on my own, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a place within the eScription platform where I can look them up?    ...

Shortcuts For Pharmacologic & Pharmacotherapy
Nov 16, 2009

I am working really hard on expanding my shortcuts to save time. So, 3-word phrases such as "thanks in advance" are "TIA", and 2-word phrases use the first 2 letters of each of the 2 words, such as "lesh" for left shoulder. What do I do with single words? That's the general question. My second question has to do with specific single words, "pharmacotherapy" and "pharmacologic". What would you put in your auto-correct options to make those words a short cut? TIA! :) ...

Useful Word Shortcuts, Especially For Newbies!
May 15, 2010

Came across this article on another forum - has a list of useful word shortcuts. Quite a handy list, particularly for newbies. Thought I'd share! http://hubpages.com/_hubmis/hub/Useful-Microsoft-Word-Shortcut-Keys-To-Save-Time ...

EditScript And Shortcuts Versus The Old Way
Mar 21, 2012

I've been using Edit script for a couple months now (like it)  and everytime I start using alt K and the other shortcuts I end up reverting back to my old ways (mouse), because it just seems faster for me.  I use the arrow keys, but still use the mouse because it seems like it requires less thought.  Is anyone else struggling with this?   ...

Where Can I Find A List Of The Shortcuts?
Apr 04, 2012

I use some of them but cannot find where they are listed so I can print them out. Thanks so much! ...

ChartNet - Cannot Get Any Shortcuts To Work
Apr 17, 2012

I'm new to ChartNet.  MTSO sent a list of instructions but I cannot get any shortcuts to work.  I am editing and really could use all the help I can get.  Thanks! ...

New Computer - Bayscribe Shortcuts Gone. Help!
May 31, 2012

I had to get a new computer, and now when I log in to Bayscribe, all my shortcuts are gone.  I don't want to have to start all over.  Any tips?  Thanks! ...

PC Shortcuts Abbreviation Expander ?
Sep 24, 2012

Does anyone know where to purchase PC shortcuts or maybe its called shortcuts abbreviation expander ?  I can't seem to find it on the internet.   Thanks ...

Shortcuts, Icons & Links. Oh My!
Nov 18, 2012

I'm looking for suggestions on what to use for shortcut methods to sites online for research while working. I had been using a Yahoo Toolbar, but gave that up when I found out it is slowing things down. I'd like to hear what others are for quick links that are alternates to a toolbar. Has anyone found any add ons that don't take up a lot of resources? I'm having to use an old XP computer for client compatibility. Using Firefox ISP which is great but in creating a toolbar for ...

Thoughts On The Mentoring To Get You To Use Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2013

Any thoughts on the mentoring to get you to use shortcuts and keeping track how many times you use them?  My line counts are well over the minimum, but I feel like I am being forced to use these, otherwise it reflects badly on me. ...

ExEditor/DocQScribe Shortcuts
Mar 20, 2013

Do you know of a way to convert the shortcuts from ExEditor to DocQScribe?  I'm changing platforms and would like to take my shortcuts with me.  My IT department appears to be clueless in this regard.  ...

Bayscribe Lost Shortcuts
Apr 12, 2014

I just switched from a Windows XP computer to Windows 7.  When I log into Bayscribe, all my expansions are gone.  This has happened to be before and I've never figured out how to get them back.  I don't want to have to start from scratch again.  I've done the Alt+U thing, but I must be doing something wrong.  :( ...

Fluency Keyboard Shortcuts
Jul 14, 2014

Does anybody know the keyboard shortcut to just minimize the web search window opened from within Fluency?  I know how to close it, but I want to just minimize it in case I need to look at what I found again. Thanks! ...

Extraocular Movements/muscles - Your Shortcuts?
Jun 14, 2010

Of course, half of my doctors have to say movements and other half says muscles.  What are your shortcut abbreviations for the 2 different phrases "extraocular m_______s are intact"?  ...

Docuscribe Shortcuts-Do They Really Save Time
Apr 05, 2012

I am using some of these but still use the mouse.  Does everyone else do this or do you find that it is more productive to use all those shortcut keys? Thanks so much.  Going broke here. ...

Audio Playback Keyboard Shortcuts
Oct 16, 2012

Does anybody know what the keyboard shortcuts are to stop and start audio playback in DQS? I know I have done it by accident before, and it keeps playing, unlike if you use the foot pedan where you have to hold it down the whole time.   I have never liked having to hold the pedal down.  I was used to Express Scribe, where you can tap to start and stop and don't have to keep your foot pressed down.  Now I am standing up some of the time while working to avoid s ...

ShortCuts For Windows Word Expander
Apr 08, 2014

I purchased ShortsCuts for Windows word expander back in 1999. It will not work with Vista or anything after that. I tried contacting the company I purchased it from but had no luck. Does anyone have this software or have changed to something similar where you were able to transfer you database? I have used IT Pro but they are expensive and will only give you a download. Thanks!! ...

Creating Shortcuts In Fusion/Synernet
Jul 02, 2014

I am attemtping to create shortcuts for routinely used text (HPI - history of present illness...) in Fusion (Synernet), but the reference guide and card are not helpful. Can anyone please tell me (simply please!) how to create canned text in this program/platform? ...

Voice Recognition - What Shortcuts Can Be Used To Save Time?
Mar 06, 2010

I am now switching to cpl from an hourly rate.  What short cuts can be used to save time?  Wondering about voice recognition to be used by a transcriptionist! Has anyone heard of a transcriptionist using this type of software to complete reports faster and then editing these as you listen??? Just wondering!   ...