A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Applying to talk to Amy? - not interested

Posted: Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck.

I think all MTs - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not interested either but I think some here who are earning only minimum wage should at least try to get her ear.

And just what could anyone say to Amy that would - make a difference?

[ In Reply To ..]
She does not want to hear the REAL problems. She wont get us a raise, or fix their beloved ASR. She wont get us back to the point of having 1 or 2 accounts and have them staffed properly. She wont bring our work back from India.

What could one possibly say to her? How is the baby?

you have to tell them what's on your agenda so yes - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
you're probably right. It will be more "Hi Amy what made you decide on MModal?" and "how did they arrive at the name MModal?" etc.

and you have to have your CCM help you - not interested

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you want to talk to Amy about your CCM who never answers your emails or is rude. What then?
NO joke - downtime
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't even notice that the first time. Of course, those CCMs probably never read their emails so maybe it would be okay.
MEETHING WITH AMY - Nature
[ In Reply To ..]
On the list of what you can and cannot ask, it said you were not allowed to complain about anything. Well, guess that leaves me out.
Ah but they need to help you prepare - not interested
[ In Reply To ..]
Although most of us have solutions and not just a litany of complaints it sounds to me like the CCM is to prepare us like Brittany Spears is taking intense classes on not sounding Southern for her new show or like those manner classes people take before they meet the Queen of England so we don't embarass ourselves. I can just imagine the CCMs praying that none of their MTs get picked to talk to the Queen of Mmodal.
PREPARE - Natuer
[ In Reply To ..]
Now that gave me a good laugh. Wonder if we would have to practice our curtsy?
Ha Ha... the Queen of MModal - my crown, my sash
[ In Reply To ..]
I have visions of Threes Company - Jack Tripper at the Bake Off Ceremony saying, "My Crown, My Sash!"

you know that might actually work though - Drone
[ In Reply To ..]
let's say you have a CCM who never replies to your emails. So you write to Amy and cc your boss, and you say "how can I get my CCM to reply to my emails?" (see, that's not complaining but looking for a solution, when you phrase it like that). Then if your CCM actually does read the email, which is unlikely, it might be a wakeup call, and if not, well, no problem!

SM - Peaches

[ In Reply To ..]
Ask when the union rep gets in town.

I see she now has an assistant. Did we miss that email announcing - the new assistant?

[ In Reply To ..]
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians (pardon the pun) I think.

Same email as the new comp plan - not interested

[ In Reply To ..]
They decided to forget the comp plan and hire an assistant instead. HA!

Just another crock of #$@#$ - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
She only wants to talk to MTs who are going to blow smoke up her ass and tell her what a great compamy it is. Why should she give a crap? Her large salary isn't an issue. They keep creating jobs with large salaries for the suits, but not even half a cent for the people actually doing the work. I'm sure they wish we would just stop whining and apply for food stamps.

Similar Messages:

QA Talk
May 03, 2011

Over my many years in this industry, I have worked with tons of QA folks.  I was also one of them.  Most of them were great.  Also always wondered why everything does not go thru QA.  They QA all kinds of products in other industries like food products, toys, cars, etcetera.  ...

For Anyone To Come On Here And Talk About
Mar 20, 2014

yet unrealized position is just plain unprofessional. What reaction did you really expect? What was the purpose? Right now you have a piece of paper and a promise. Why not wait out the 6 months and then 2 long Mmodal years and then come back and share your journey of a lifetime. Don't forget, they once sold VR as the ticket to tripling your wages. Now that that train has run off the tracks, they need a new "dream" to suck you in. The promise of #30/hour is probably nothing more t ...

All This Monitoring Talk
Jun 24, 2010

I realize we work on production and that we're not making money when our fingers aren't moving, but I don't think there are too many jobs where you're actually actively working for the entire 8-hour shift.  There's always downtime.  I understand it being a problem if people aren't producing a reasonable amount of work during their shift, but come on!  Being chastised for stepping away from the keyboard for a bathroom break or to grab a cup of coffee i ...

Please Talk Me Down From Self-destruction
Apr 28, 2011

To make a long story short, I don't agree with QA scores I was given at my job.  I received an e-mail about it and need to reply nicely and suck it up, not unleash and possibly get fired. lol. I have to keep this job and need the money. Please talk me down. It's sad how medical transcription companies expect you to be 100% perfect. It seems like the MT is always wrong. Not QA, not the supervisors, not the presidents of the company. Whenever things go wrong, the MT alway ...

Let's Talk About The Pay We Deserve, Shall We?
Dec 01, 2011

Just for the sake of simplification, let's say there are 3 kinds of MTs: 1.  The MT who does absolutely any work type; operative notes, radiology, hematology, cardiology, neurology, and all the hard stuff, including difficult ESLs.  Good audits and production.  Good at VR. This MT is also certified. 2.  The MT who is not certified but has at least 10 years experience, many specialties, ESLs, good audits, VR, and excellent production. 3.  The newbie who ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

What Is All This Talk About Using F11 All Of A Sudden?
Sep 19, 2012

I used it ONCE and got an e mail from my CCM to PROVE in Remedy and cc her where it needed to be straight typed.  I was told even if I could, to NEVER EVER use it again.  She meant it. So why do I see several threads and suggestions here about people using F11 a lot or suggesting we use it all the time?  I used it ONCE and got called down.  The ONLY reason I was excused was I put in Remedy the job number and a good reason.  However, I was WARNED STRONGLY to NE ...

Let's Talk About Spark!
Oct 28, 2013

Okay seriously..  Spark, the new instant messenger for Nuance times out for inactivity every 4 minutes, obviously set that way by Nuance since the Spark instruction page on their own website says it times out every 20 minutes.  Here's to the Nuance Police and their new "big brother" software! ...

It's Not Fair To Get Paid 1 Cpl For !@#$ Who Can't Talk
Oct 03, 2010

:(((((( ...

More Silly Union Talk
Jan 31, 2011

Before responding, please read this post carefully. Yes, I’m talking union here, but NOT an MT union which would be pointless. Unfortunately we’ve missed that opportunity. Also, this post is intended for experienced professional MTs and include my thoughts on several topics that started down below. And hold onto your hats; this is a long one.   I’ve chimed in on this subject before, but I wanted to make an official post to put it out there and get valuable feedback fro ...

The Reality Of The UNION Talk
Apr 25, 2011

The only person REALLY interested is apparently the person who recently posted.  ****** This followup is posted mostly to point out the REALITY and that's that MTs will NEVER unionize :)  It's just a topic that comes up, everybody creates fervor for their POV and then it all goes away (thank goodness)!   ...

Inscribe - Talk About Unprofessional
Sep 10, 2011

Talk about unprofessional.  Michael at Inscribe calls at 7:00 a.m. for an interview.  Then, when I call back 4 hours later, it is a home number, and Roy answers, hello.  I ask to speak to Michael, Roy seems dazed and confused.  Again I ask to speak to Michael about a job interview.  Roy puts the phone down and yells for Michael, and tells him he has an interview on the phone.  Michael picks up the phone, also dazed and confused.  I explain that I am returning his call, that he had left me ...

Farm Talk (A Bit Earthy)
Feb 03, 2012

So, it's true.  I grew up on a farm.  We had cows and stuff like that.  And in my early wanderings around the place, I happened to notice certain - er, differences, shall we say - among the animals.  I lay no claim to being particularly sharp-eyed, because these differences were more or less at eye level to me at that age.  You couldn't miss 'em if you tried. Of course, this led to certain awkward questions, and in turn I received this memo under my cerea ...

Too Much Talk Of Striking Lately, But Can We As A Group Of MTs
May 10, 2012

Let's face it, striking will do no good.  Complaining about off-shoring has done no good, unless that will cease at a national level for all industries.  Complaining about pay is doing no good, since there is always an MT that will take a job at any rate.  What can we do? What if instead of a strike, all MTs did only the minimum line requirement for a week?  I think many, many MTs should go the Labor Board and file a complaint: If a company requires you to clock in an ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

Dictators Who Love To Talk
Apr 07, 2013

Some dictators really like talking into that dictaphone and telling stories (literally novels) about their patients... but , the more these guys talk (blab, rather) - the more money I get! So, it's a doube-edged sword in this regard. The downside is that it's sooooooooo irritating and frustrating to keep typing as they go on and on and on and on and on and on until the cows come home! You wonder when the dictation will end! What do you guys think? Does anyone else get "story telling" ...

Went To Talk To A Lawyer Today....
Nov 20, 2014

.....been going on with my job as a medical transcriptionist for the last several years to see if I had any legal recourse (I don't).  Anyway, while we were talking I found out that he did not have a secretary/receptionst.  I told him if he was ever looking for one that I would be interested.  Then we got to talking about becoming a paralegal, and he said "you really don't want to do that".  He basically said lawyers can be jerks to work with, and when you are ...

May I Talk To An Acusis Worker Privately?
Jul 15, 2010

I have a question about benefits. ...

Okay, Sistas. Lets Talk About BOOST.
May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol. ...

All Talk About Lawsuits Cause Of VR Crap In Jobs. But Does Anyone
Sep 01, 2012

I havent seen any real evidence of a lawsuit brought on by bad VR (is there any other kind?)  I dont think anyone even cares enough to bring a lawsuit. ...

All This Lay Off Talk Caused A Big Stir, Maybe That Is What The OP Wanted
Apr 04, 2013

Anyone ever think that could have been a ploy just to stir the pot and see what response they get here? Some people get their jollies in doing that. Look at the commotion and fear it has caused. Seems to have done the trick ...

Earlier Talk About Keeping Your Office Under
Jun 12, 2013

A few weeks ago there was talk about people thinking we should keep our work/office under lock and key, that someone was going to be showing up and because of the HIPAA law, we would be in big trouble, prosecuted, arrested, whatever. I have something to run past those that were posting. Ok, so today I take my husband to have a procedure done. I am called back to his room as he is awakening and there are 2 people sharing this room with a drawn curtain between them. The doctor comes in to talk ...

Do You Think You Can Talk Any Faster? I Actually Understood A Word!
Nov 14, 2014

Doc was saying the silver alginate was doing a good job, so he will continue the patient on "surovnick."  "Surovnick?"  I spent approximately 20 minutes looking for all brand names of silver alginate, googling every possible spelling of the word.  THEN realized he was actually saying - - silver alginate really fast.   Lets see, how many lines could I have typed in that 20 minutes?  Even after I realized what he had said, it still sounded like surovnick to me! ...

Talk About The Left Hand Not Knowing What The Right Is Doing...
Mar 02, 2015

I get an email from Nuisance saying they are hiring, to which I respond I have tried to start with them, but have been forgotten apparently.  Was told they would get back with me.  This was Thursday and still no word.  Yeah I think not!! ...

There Was Talk Of CA Employees Not Getting Paid Breaks.
May 13, 2015

Has anyone filed a wage claim yet?  Just curious how that is going.  ...

Why, Oh Why, Do They Get To The Laboratory/diagnostic Data Portion And Decide To Speed Talk...Grrr!!
May 12, 2011

nm ...

Applying
Jun 16, 2011

How long do you have to wait before reapplying for a job at medquist? ...

Applying For Job
Jan 10, 2011

Okay, this is somewhat of a strange situation.  I have been looking for a job in the field that I was in prior to becoming an MT 11 years ago, which would be a full-time position with benefits.  Currently I am IC.  I had lost my previous job due to downsizing and the office/company that I worked for basically closed it's Wisconsin branch except for a handful of employees.  I just found out that one of the employees at this small Wisconsin branch of the company that I use ...

When Applying For A New MT Job...
Dec 27, 2013

...and taking a transcription test, is it wise to type verbatim even if there are errors or try to clean it up? I'm an older MT and haven't applied in a while. I'd just like to know an opinion out there. I'd hate to not get a job because I "cleaned" something up when I should not have done so. TIA. ...

After Applying For Jobs....
Oct 20, 2009

How long should I wait after applying for a job before following up? And what's the best way to followup? Also, I'd like to ask what caused them to overlook my resume if that's the case. BUT would that just make me even more of a pest and make them Black-ball me?! I HATE WAITING!!! Can you tell? :) ...