A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acquisitions - Wondering

Posted: May 04, 2013

Does anyone know anything about the recent changes in the Acquisitions group that moved 2 major Illinois university accounts to a Michigan-based region with new TSM and split its other Illinois grouping of several smaller accounts that was within the same Aquisitions bunch; new TSMs there, too?

What do you mean MIchigan based region. - MT heart

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Acquisitions - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Just that the majority (almost all) of the accounts held by this TSM and within the region are all in Michigan, no longer in the Illinois region where they were localized to date.

My guess is that - they are

[ In Reply To ..]
probably trying to spread out the work flow among the MTs and doing that by shifting accounts. Maybe the region or TSM that had those accounts previously had an over-abundance of work-flow and OT so they are trying to redistribute the work flow to even it out by breaking it up amongst other regions or TSMs? Just a guess.

I came from an account that had several hospitals on it all owned by the same healthcare system and all went overseas back in October except for 2 of the hospitals. I am thinking those two are only still here because they just signed on a couple of years ago and did not want any work done overseas, but I bet when its time to renew the contract, that will change and the hospitals administration will send their work overseas with the rest.

Thankfully, I wont be around to see it. Those two remaining hospitals are my primaries and where 98% of my work comes from and I am blessed to have plenty of it and never run out. Unfortunately, I am leaving MM even though I like it here and I have good cpl rates. I got a job outside of MT that I would have been foolish to pass up.
Thank you... - Wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
for a logical and helpful explanation. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

All These Acquisitions?
Sep 16, 2011

Let us see... The Q bought JLG and AllType Nuance bought WebmedX Between Nuance and MQ we are going to have 2 companies with 90% of the accounts, fighting to be "competitive" and that means trying to out do one another cutting pay and benefits, using progressively worsening platforms, making it more difficult to earn a living.  You can't work more hours, that is against the law.  Monopolies like this should also be illegal.  There is no competition now, a couple of compani ...

Nuance Acquisitions
Apr 23, 2013

Deventure Health Partners DTS America Encompass Focus Infomatics Heartland MDI-FL MDI-MD OSi Transcription OTP Technologies Salar Transcend Transcription Relief Services Webmedx Accentus ...

Question About Hiring On With Acquisitions
Jun 20, 2011

If you were a bad girl and quit a company without notice and were not eligible for rehire, what happens if you and the company you currently work for are acquired by that first company.  Do they let you go, keep you?  ANyone had this happen? ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...

ImedX Acquisitions/Mergers And Partnerships
Mar 07, 2014

MedTrans Transcription, Greenlight Transcription, TransTech, MedWare, EMTS, PRN Medical Management, FORE Transcription, just to nae a few.  See connect with M*Modal below. M*Modal Integrates its Speech Understanding™ Technology with the iMedX TurboFlow® Software Platform Pittsburgh, PA and Shelton, CT — February 21, 2011 (HIMSS Booth #1637) — M*Modal and iMedX, Inc., a leading healthcare software and services company, today announced a partnership that has created a ...