A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ASR must have "impaired hearing acuity" as well. - anon

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

nm

Yep, my patient has "vomit depletion" from Lasix. I thought less vomit was good. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

"Discretion" is "screw sugars" according to ASR. Kid you not. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Maybe ASR needs a filter change, like an air conditioning unit or oil change in a car? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they are missing some maintenance on it and it is getting WORSE!!!!

Similar Messages:

Impaired Herring
Jun 14, 2014

Supposed to be impaired hearing ...

Acuity/Mongoose
Oct 13, 2010

Can anyone give me info about Acuity/Mongoose, user friendly, reliable?  Thanks in advance. ...

Visual Acuity
Mar 15, 2011

Can anyone tell me how you would transcribe a visual acuity of 20/30 minus 1?  TIA.  ...

Can't Log Into ACUITY Platform
Jun 25, 2012

I cannot log into Acuity to work and I cannot log into my webmail.  I was able to get into my mailbox last night?  Anyone know if I'm the *ding, ding, ding* "winner of the prize" today or if it is a widespread problem? Thanks all :) ...

Acuity Software
Feb 08, 2013

Is anyone out there using the Acuity software?  If so, is it running slow while typing in your report?  ...

Eyeballs, Acuity
Apr 24, 2015

"Visual acuity by 'laya line' testing"... Visual acuity by 'lay of line' testing? ...

Pt Had Doppler Flow "pad" Suggestive Of Impaired LV Relaxation.
Jun 09, 2010

d ...

How To Transcribe Visual Acuity.
Oct 27, 2010

How do I transcribe visual acuity when he says 20/20 "slash" 20/15 ?  It looks confusing if I do 20/20/20/15 or 20/20 / 20/15. Should this just be 20/20 and 20/15?    Thanks ...

How To Transcribe Visual Acuity Results?
Jan 11, 2010

Not sure how to type this out properly.  Dictated is: "Visual acuity is 20 15 minus 1 OD  20 40 minus 1 OS without correction." Now I know O D needs to be changed to right eye, but the numbered part has me hesitant.  Should it be 20/15 -1?  10-15, -1?   I appreciate any insight. THanks. ...

Etransplus - Acuity Platform Has Been Hard For Me
Apr 12, 2010

The Acuity platform has been hard for me to make a decent line count on. I used to have no problem making over 1200 lines a day, but now I struggle to make 900. What can you do to improve your production? How long did it take to get up to speed?  I've been working in it for a while, and it seem to be taking me a lot longer to make a decent line count than the other programs I've worked with. I'm also using the Shorthand expander program and I'm afraid I might not be using i ...

ETransPlus - Only Use Meditech & Acuity/Mongoose, Nothing Else?
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

Visual Acuity 2200, 2400 Is That 22/100 Or 20/200?
Mar 05, 2012

The whole sentance is - Visual acuity without correction is 2400 in the right eye 2200 in the left with correction 20/30 bilaterally.  Would that be 24/100 or 20/400 or just plain 2400. ...

I Am Hearing
Apr 11, 2011

2+ microcytosis.  Is this correct?  I have not heard it before.  TIA.  ...

2 Am. Not Sure What I'm Hearing
Dec 08, 2011

The dr dictates "Extremities:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  S/L "Emowads" are in place."  Now my head is getting fuzzy and i have 2 turn this in.  Plz help!! ...

How Often Are You All Hearing From Your TSM?
Oct 24, 2013

I'm on a whole new team now and communication from the new abbreviation has literally been ZERO.  Curious ... is one email in a month, average for most TSMs?  ...

I've Been Hearing More
Nov 14, 2013

that the ILPs are supposed to start doing all their own QA.  Anyone know if this is true? (can you say the blind leading the blind)? ...

Hearing Back
Apr 14, 2011

Did anyone hear back after sending their resume to Transform for the positions they have available?  I hate this waiting and waiting...it makes me nervous. ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

Hearing Issue
Mar 20, 2015

Had eye exam today--getting new glasses.  Can't wait to see better. I also had a brief hearing test as well.  Got set up for appointment with audiologist.  It seems my left ear does not hear low tones and the right does not hear high tones.  It is no wonder to me as all the years I have worn headphones, ear buds, or loud music.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  ...

They Have Been Hearing These Same Things Over And Over And Over And
Mar 27, 2015

...the business model works well for them. They made their money off you before you even signed on. They made it 1) when they landed your previous facility's contract and 2) when you were gullible enough to sign on to help voice wreck unemploy yourselves. If they wanted you to stick around you'd be so overworked you could not stand it. Nothing new about any of this stuff except this appears to be the latest set of Nuance casualties. In another month there will be another new set when t ...

Am I Hearing FLORAL?
Apr 11, 2015

would FLORAL be the word that I'm hearing? "fibrocystic change and mild-to-moderate floral ductal hyperplasia without atypia"                 ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Does What I Think I'm Hearing Make Sense?
Mar 29, 2010

Does the following sentence make sense? If so, what does it mean? Thyroid ultrasound was performed gratis for realtime visualization. Thanks! ...

I Do Not Possess Echo Hearing; I Am Not A Bat
Nov 16, 2010

so please do not turn your head or body around while dictating, putting your voice out of range of the microphone's power.  I thank you. ...

I'm Gettting Really Tired Of Hearing About Everyone Around Me
Dec 04, 2010

either getting a big fat bonus for Christmas from their employers or getting 2 weeks of PAID time off.  Sister getting 2 weeks of paid time off AND a 3500-dollar bonus.  Daughter getting 1000 bonus, friend getting bonus...... ...

Has Anybody Else Not Been Hearing Back From Companies?
Jan 30, 2011

I have applied to 20 different companies for jobs and not one single company has replied.  I have over 20 years of experience.  Is it just me or is the medical transcription field just flooded right now with people submitting resumes because nobody wants to do voice activation?  In the past, I would always hear back right away.  ...

Trouble Hearing Out Of One Ear On Headphones
Oct 08, 2011

Help - Have no sound on right side of my headset listening to a tape in my Lanier.  Headset works in Express Scribe, though.  If I switch out the headphones for another pair, can't hear on the right side there either on the Lanier.  Lanier has been working fine up to this point.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?  ...

Hearing Aids And Earphones
Dec 18, 2011

I will be purchasing hearing aids soon and have two related questions. What type of headphones can I use, if at all, with: In-ear hearing aids, Behind-the-ear hearing aids. Would also be nice to know where I can get same at a decent price.  At this time I purchase my transcription gear at Martel Electronics. Thanks, all, and keep that volume turned down (no my hearing didn't go that way;  I am just getting older). ...

Been Hearing A Lot About Medical Scribes
May 30, 2012

I have been hearing a lot about medical scribes.  I am wondering if the transcription companies are going to start losing accounts because the doctors are going to switch to this new way of doing the medical records.  Has this happened to anyone yet? ...