A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

lines per minute - Dee

Posted: Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?

I think that is very fair... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that is a good offer.

per line - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
Considering most places only pay between .06 and .09, I'd say this is excellent. I used to be paid hourly too and got moved to .12 per line and I blow my hourly wage out of the water by about 6 times!!

More than fair according to what I am getting for 25 years - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
Go for it!

sounds good - - define the line -

[ In Reply To ..]
The rate per line really does sound like a good offer.

I am paid hourly, and have calculated that I would earn more if I were paid by the line. (I use a line equal to 65 characters, including spaces.) Even at 10 cents per line, I would make more.

Find out how your employer intends to define a line. Maybe they just count the physical lines on the page (if so, even better)!

Will your benefits change with respect to paid time off, health benefits, retirement plan? These are things to consider.

Sounds good, though!

most people with your exp - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
are only getting offered 8cpl so I would take it and run. I have 12 yrs exp as well and I am lucky to have found one company that is offering 10cpl as everyone else is 7 and 8 and even offers of 6cpl.

Hang on to that!! - 40Dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 20+ years experience...worked my way up at a National Company over the past 10 years reaching 12.5 cents...just recently cut to 10 cents and workload much lower than it was, devastating!! I truly loved working for this company, never felt like a number until now, which is a rare thing these days to feel that way about one place for so long....but I did! Been researching other companies, which is so hard as each individual has a completely different experience, but I'm finding pay is getting lower and lower regardless of experience/quality work. I would love to find that pay again! Now to the point of needing to work 2 jobs, 60+ hours a week. SAD!

My advice to you is hang on to that pay for dear life while you can!!!!

Fair ?? Does a bear eat berries? :) nm - bingo

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Good rate - chandra

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear Dee..Take it and send to me. I will get it done here in India in half-rate!

Similar Messages:

What Does 1200 Lines Per 8 Hour Shift Equal In Words Per Minute?
Jan 03, 2012

What does 1200 lines per 8 hour shift equal to in words per minute? ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...

Would It Be Too Much To Ask To Get A 5 Minute Window
Mar 06, 2011

Seriously, I was 11 seconds (according to my punch clock) past the scheduled start of maintenance on submitting a really long job and it didn't go through.  I think they should wait 5 minutes for the last minute submissions or at least hang onto the job and have it submitted after maintenance.  ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

When A Keystrokes Add Says Pay By Minute
Sep 01, 2011

of dictation for a radiology position, what does this mean?  So much per minute or a flat rate for a total of minutes per day?   ...

$1.20 Per Dictated Minute
Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology. ...

Pay Per Minute?? Good Or Bad
Apr 10, 2012

I have never been paid by the minute before and I was wondering what is a good rate? I have been offered 0.08 cents per minute up to $1 per minute depending on the dictator. Right now I am getting paid 7.5 cents per line. I average 800-1000 lines per day on the account I am on now. Does anyone know how to figure pay on the minute versus the line?? Thanks in advance!! ...

Pay Per Minute Of Dictation
May 03, 2012

Hope everyone is having a great day...I have an interview for a position that pays by the minute of dictation...I have never been paid this way or no anyone who has so am at a total loss as to the average, what it calculates to per line, hour, etc.  Anyone who knows anything about this and can share would be so very much appreciated.  I have not interviewed yet so don't know the rate but just want some info so I don't go in completely in the dark. Thank you! ...

Per Minute Rates
May 07, 2012

I need some help I think my mind is fried...Does anyone know how to compare pay per minute of dictation to a per line rate? Example - 0.0972 per line versus 1.056 per dictated minute Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you very muc and please excuse my ignorance, but I am getting frustrated trying to compare the two. ...

Milliliters Per Minute?
Jun 04, 2012

GFR is 23 milliliters per minute. Should this be typed mL/min. I haven't typed this in years, and I have forgotten if I should type it all out or just abbreviate it. Even then, I'm unsure if my abbreviation is correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Pay Per Audio Minute At 7 CPL?
Jul 19, 2012

Experienced MTs needed for multiple accounts/specialties - CCT Posted: Jul 19th, 2012 - 9:12 am Experienced Medical Transcriptionists needed on several accounts (3 years of MT experience is required to apply for each of the below) - Multispecialty account (orthopedics, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, internal medicine, oncology) - pay is per audio minute of dictation.  Full time applicants only.  Upon signing contract, please note it will take at least 5 busin ...

I Have Been Told Nothing About The 15 Minute Pay
Mar 19, 2013

I was not told anything about taking 15 minutes when no work available.  I have read something to the effect of taking 15 minutes pay when no work available.  I'm confused.  Why hasn't my TCM told me about this?  I work on new acct, haven't been with MModal that long, but shouldn't I have been told about this as I ran out of work and was told to just clock out if no work.  ...

New 6-minute Rule-sm
Aug 14, 2013

When you get NJA you have the 3 options as we did before.  When you choose to "make up time", at the very end of the explaination, it says something along the line of entering a leave request on teamwork for excused no pay?  This only makes sense if in fact you cannot or do not make up the time, but the policy does not explain it that way.  Example:  You work 2 hours and get NJA.  You have 6 hours to make up and can only make up 4.  The remaining 2 hours must be en ...

PTO Time In 15 Minute Increments
Nov 05, 2009

Just got an email saying we could now take PTO in 15 minute increments.  Haven't quite figured out yet how this benefis MQ, but I am sure it does.  Any thoughts.  ...

I Just Wanted To Take A Quick Minute To Say I Really
Feb 22, 2010

An hour or two ago, I had a word question and put it on the word board and within a matter of five minutes, someone posted the answer.  I know we all have our own opinions and experiences but I am an MT with 20 plus years of experience and my mind just went blank on this word.  Well, I was glad this fellow MT helped me out, so I did not have to send this to QA.  I looked up the word again myself just to be certain not that I doubted this other MT and then I took a minute to thank ...

Regarding Clocking In/out Right To The Minute, Or Being Locked Out..
Mar 06, 2010

You are all ready to clock in at precisely the scheduled time only to lose internet connection.  This has happened to me many times, and by the time I have unplugged and replugged and reset modem, and that doesn't work, so had to get on phone with internet tech support, 30 minutes or more have passed by....then what?    OR,  if the power goes out, which can be anywhere from a quick flash on and off to longer....then what?   OR, when getting close to end of shift ...

In The Middle Of A 25 Minute Report
Jun 20, 2010

I get a pop up that says my current DQS log in has expired and the system will shut down. Then it shut down on me.  I was TYPING at the time.  I swear, if I log back in an all that work is gone, I am going to go ballistic on someone!! Has anyone else had this happen? ...

Any Companies That Pay Per Minute For Radiology?
Jul 31, 2010

Saw a recent post where someone was offered $1.05 per minute.  Very interested in finding a company that pays this way, as my past pay period I typed over 700 minutes, even more in ASR.  I think a job like this would be extremely lucrative!  Anyone know of any companies that pay this way for Radiology? ...