A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

employee status/production only pay? - mtinpoorhouse

Posted: Feb 02, 2012

I know I have read about this on here, but cannot seem to find an answer.  I started with a company as an employee.  They paid for training, 2 hours.  Now, it's all on production.  Is that how it's done?  Even if that falls under minimum wage because it will; I am doing VR work. How can anyone take a new job like this?

2 hours is not much. As an employee, if under minimum wage, they - should pay you Make-Up Pay. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

MT in poor house - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi MT, welcome. We're glad you are here. Yes that is the way it works in my experience. Here in my state minimum is $7.64 and I don't think I ever got above it :(. Good Luck to you but you are still welcome with the rest of us. Right now I'm making $0 because I can't find a job.

Similar Messages:

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Employee Status
Mar 29, 2011

I would like some info regarding what companies provide employee status and what are the terms?  how many lines are expected per day or per pay period.  Any info would be appreciated - thanks!   ...

Regarding IC Vs Employee Status, Does Anyone Know
Jun 04, 2012

if you can do both?  I work for a company as employee (takes out taxes, etc.), and was offered a PT job as IC (no taxes out).  Can I do both?  Do I just claim each one separately on taxes? ...

Employee Or IC Status?
Aug 02, 2013

...and spaces included... ...

Employee Vs IC Status
Apr 22, 2014

I was just interviewed but found out they aren't allowed to hire for employee status in the state where I live. After having been an employee for a large MTSO, I wonder why this is the case. Any info regarding this strange practice?  ...

Question RE IC/employee Status
Nov 14, 2009

I'm currently working as an employee for a company that I'm really liking.  They also offer IC status.  Does anyone know if it's possible to have a full-time employee job at the same company as you hold a PT IC status and not have the extra work be OT?  I have a PT job at MQ that I'm trying to dump. ...

LANDMARK Employee Status Vs IC??
Nov 18, 2009

Anyone who works for Landmark know the difference between employee status and IC status at this particular company?  i.e.  line requirements, hour requirements, etc.  I know the basic difference. Ive been an IC MT for over 14+ years, but am wondering what the specs are at Landmark in particular.  Thanks for any info you may have. ...

Employee Versus IC PT Status
Nov 23, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow with a company for PT employee status.  I have been an IC for many years and love it.  I am a bit concerned about going employee as I am used to the flexibility of being able to take time off for my kids' school parties, fall, winter and spring breaks and such without it affecting my job.  Can anyone give me a clue as to how employee status works and if some companies are more flexible than others?? I would love to stay an IC, but haven't f ...

Question Regarding Employee Status
Dec 04, 2010

I've been an IC MT for 10+ years and, as such, I have no benefits, but LOVE the flexibility of being able to do what I want/need during the day as long as the work gets done on time.  When you are an employee working for an MTSO, do you have any kind of flexibility?  If your scheduled work time is 8:00-4:00, do they allow any flexibility for such things as 15 minutes to drop off/pick up your child from school?  Or an hour to go to an appt?  I see a lot here where there i ...

IC VERSUS EMPLOYEE STATUS
May 09, 2011

I have an opportunity from two different companies. One is IC and the other as an employee. I have been an IC for so long.  What is the pros and cons of both.   TIA ...

Money And Employee Status
Jul 07, 2011

I never talk to any other MTs really, just sign on, work and sign off, so I just wanted some feedback from other MTs. First question, if anyone is willing to answer it, how much do y'all make on average weekly? I don't know anyone else in the business and would just like to have something to compare my production to. Second, does anyone out there have employee status??? I see companies offering benefits, PTO and all that great stuff, but i'm assuming you have to be an employee not ...

Employee Status Jobs
Apr 30, 2012

Who is the best company to work for as an employee without weekends? I used to work for AssistMed but didn't like working the weekends. ...

Softscript Employee Status MTs And MTs Who
Mar 01, 2013

reside in the state of CA but work for companies anywhere in the U.S. here is the law on reporting time pay. Can you say massive national lawsuit?  ; ) REPORTING TIME PAY This is the law for CA for when you experience OOW/NJA: "Each workday an employee is required to report for work and does report, but is not put to work or is furnished less than half said employee's usual or scheduled day's work,the employee shall be paid for half the usual or scheduled day's work, but ...

Question About Employee Status
Aug 24, 2013

I have a general question for working as employee status. I know everyone's answer will be different depending on which company. I've been an MT for 15 years always as an IC and never could get myself to take an employee status job even having been offered several because the pay was too low, but something to consider as there aren't many companies to pick from anymore.  My other option is to just chuck all this and do something else.  How do health benefits work for em ...

Does Anyone Know If MD-IT Hires IC Or Employee Status?
Jan 19, 2014

Does anyone know if MD-IT hires IC or employee status?  Any info on this company would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you :-) ...

SYNERNET - I.C. Or Employee Status .... Sm
Feb 12, 2014

or maybe both?  I would prefer employee status with a choice of FT or PT (but would accept I.C. if employee were not available).     Thanks for any responses. ...

Employee Versus IC Status
Sep 17, 2014

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 22 years' and have worked as an employee for most of that time.  I am still about 10 years out from retirement and am trying desparately to hang on to my beloved profession of medical transcription, but I am seeing it slip away from me little by little.  Companies who hire employees seem to seldom have enough work to go around, harangue their employees through QA, and tie benefits to production.  All these things combined are making it difficult ...

Wondering About Employee Vs. IC Status At TTS
Feb 12, 2015

Wondering about employee vs. IC status at TTS.  The whole time counting thing after 4 minutes sounds kind of strange to me.  Also, what is QA like there?  Do they nitpick everything?  I haven't heard from QA again since I was released from full QA with my current job.  Unfortunately, looking for a new job because of work dwindling down.  I am currently in school for something else, but need a job while I am in school.  Any info about TTS would be appreciated. ...

Hourly Pay For Employee Status
Apr 01, 2015

I know the answer is probably no, but.....Are there any transcription companies who pay hourly rate for transcription versus production? (lol)       ...

Escription Employee Status
May 21, 2015

Anybody know which companies besides TTS and Nuance use Escription platform and have employee status? Or even Escription as an IC? Thank you ...

TTS Insurance..IC Versus Employee Status
Jun 04, 2010

I am considering TTS (Transcription, Technology, and Support) and was wondering what anyone could tell me about their insurance such as rates, etc.  Also, I'd like to hear from both IC and employees there.  I didn't know which would be the best way to go.  Thanks! ...

Independent Contractor And Employee Status
Jan 18, 2011

This is concerning work. There is one question on the questionnaire that asks if I want to be on independent contractor or employee status. Could someone please explain exactly what the difference is and the Pros and Cons of such. Thank you in advance. ...

Can Someone Explain IC Versus Employee Status?
Mar 01, 2011

Can someone fill me in please.  Despite doing this for over 15 years, I still don't understand the "independent contractor" posts.  I have always been a straight employee at services.  What is the difference and what are the pros and cons?  Thanks for your help! ...

Inscribe LLC Offers Employee Status?
Apr 27, 2011

Does anyone know if Inscribe LLC offers employee status?  They contacted me from the resume board here and I know nothing about them but need a job ASAP.  Comments? Concerns?  Thank you !!! ...

PRN Military Transcription Employee Status
Jun 27, 2014

For any who have applied to PRN Military Transcription, please remember that if you work on any military/VA accounts, you must have employee status and be paid the wage determination rate for that work, which is an HOURLY rate.  This company may have a mix of accounts, and you may be hired initially to work on non-government accounts at a line rate.  However, any time you work on an account that has a federal government contract, you have to be considered an employee, not IC, and you have to b ...

Employee Status Transcriptionist Companies
Jan 10, 2015

Does anyone know of companies that are basically hiring work from home medical transcriptionists on an employee basis status as opposed to IC. Dealing with calculating taxes and such is a pain for me. Thanks.  ...

Is Netscript In Arkansas Employee Or IC Status?
Jan 29, 2015

nm ...

Employee Status Minimum Wage
Mar 13, 2015

Does anyone know if it is legal to not pay at least minimum wage as due to lack of work when you are expected to work anyway?  Third-party MT companies are getting rich, and we are being treated very unfairly.  I have been doing this for 35 years.  I have spent 2 stints, 5-years each, with at-home companies, and they could care less about us.  At age 56, I was hoping to retire from the company I work for now, but I cannot make a living.  Also, very nontransparent line counting, basically ...

Confused About Difference Between Statutory Employee And IC Status.
Jan 22, 2010

I keep trying to find something definitive that spells out the differences between the two, but it all seems so vague or, at least, different companies seem to treat each differently. Specifically, since my company recently converted everyone over to statutory status, can they require the employees to set and maintain a strict schedule as they had when they were full-time regular employees, or should/do the statutory employees have more leeway in that regard, more along the lines of an IC? ...

Home Office Tax Deduction For Employee Status?
Mar 29, 2010

Has anyone claimed the home office credit while being an employee rather than IC? Does anyone know the "rules" with that? Seems that it could still be claimed since we HAVE to work from home. This is my first year as an employee, so I am curious. Thanks for any input. ...