A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

census typists - anon

Posted: Mar 09, 2010

Just recently had a job fair here....they are offering these positions for $15-20/hour.  I know it's temporary, but it's still unbelievable.  I wish I could take a LOA and go do it!  The commute would kill me on gas, but I still might make more than transcribing, especially if there is no work coming in!  

I start next week - MT to transcriber

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear you loud and clear. I was offered a census data transcriber position that starts next week. I will be driving an hour to get there and I have to get my kids up at 4:30 am to get them to a babysitter that will get them off to school for me. MT work has been EXTREMELY LOW TO NOTHING since the first of the year and I really have no choice.

I was suppose to start on a MT account last week, but the client has been dragging their feet. It was my last chance to give MT work a try. I just need to make at least $500 a week, every week. I need the steady work and to have it while at home with my kids was a dream of mine, but I guess that was all it was.

I have 12 years of experience as an MT and I really hate to give up on it....I just don't have much of a choice at this point. I am sick over leaving my kids and having to make them get up so early. I totally know where you are coming from. Good luck

good luck! nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

door to door - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]
I called our local census office. No openings for data entry but openings for door to door. I'm going to test tomorrow as it is mostly evenings and weekends. As long as I don't get sent to the bad part of town!!

Similar Messages:

Oncology Typists
Feb 26, 2010

Our hospital does not accept abbreviations for oncology medications.  So, for R-CHOP we have to type - R = Rituximab C = Cyclophosphamide H = Doxorubicin Hydrochloride (Hydroxydaunomycin) O = Vincristine Sulfate (Oncovin) P = Prednisone Not in a format like that, but I didn't want to type them all out.  We would have to type those five drugs out.  Is this the standard for anyone else? ...

Do Coders Have To Be Super Fast Typists?
Mar 24, 2015

From your on-the-job experience as coders, how much typing is involved? Do you have to be super fast, or is something like 40-50 enough to do the work? ...

Low Census All Over The World?
Feb 01, 2013

I'm lucky enough to have one of the few remaining MT/E jobs that is NOT an MTSO (albeit not for much longer). I've been reading here for quite a while, including the General, M*Modal, and Nuance boards. It seems as if nearly everyone, everywhere has seen their work dry up in the extreme.  At Nuance and M*Modal, of course, they reckon it's because it's all going to India, and all things considered, they're undoubtedly right, at least in part. However, it doesn ...

Typing Test For Census Bureau?
Dec 29, 2009

I am going to take the typing test for a data transcriber position at the Census Bureau soon and was wondering if anyone has ever taken this test before?  What do they have you type?  Thanks in advance ...

Just Got A Part Time Job With The Census Bureau At $12.50/hr...
Apr 09, 2010

more than I am making now!!! ...