A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which do you prefer? - sm

Posted: Mar 28, 2011

Which do you prefer? Male or female dictators? and why?

My preference is the former. Maybe its just the docs I work for, but they seem less fussy and easy to listen to.

Dictators - SassyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
For me, it depends on the nationality. IMO, some of the American male dictators speed through and stumble over the words as where the females tend to take their time and be clear. When it comes to other nationalities, I find that the male dictators take their time and repeat or spell words that they know they pronounce differently and the females whisper, and stumble through without a care in the world. This has just been my experience.

Male, female, American, Spanish, middle eastern, cat, dog.. - Livewire

[ In Reply To ..]
I could care less what/who they are as long as I can understand the dipstix!

dictators - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
My birds could dictate better than some of these guys!

I agree - SassyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
100%
Some of the ESL women seem to want to whisper - going deaf and crazy
[ In Reply To ..]
or do reports one long sentence. Some want to say "next" or "full stop" like they are creating a telegram after every sentence, which especially annoying with VR. A couple of EFL men I have (who are the worst by the way) seem to actually have speech impediments, stutter or are otherwise incomprehensible mumblers. Not sure if this is just laziness or pathologic. Overall I think the women are better, maybe because they know what it's like to be treated like cr@p.
Truly, I just prefer those who do a complete accurate report. - Thought about it, but...
[ In Reply To ..]
We all recognize good reports, no matter what type of person is pushing breath past those vocal cords, and I feel good sending them off.

none of the above. NM - done

[ In Reply To ..]

Dictators - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
I like males better, there's something irritating about female voices, I think I could have a sensorineural hearing loss. I love to do Asians of either gender, in particular Vietnamese and Chinese, and I am particularly fond of Spanish and Italian men. I like Belgians, too, because they sound a little French. I like to picture them while I'm transcribing and make up life stories and sometimes if I get particularly infatuated with one I'll try to find them on FB or with their local medical societies to see if my mental pix match their actual pix.

Similar Messages:

Which Expander Do You Prefer?
Sep 10, 2011

I'm thinking of switching to either Instant Text or Shorthand from the generic Bayscribe expander that I've been using.  Back in the day PRD+ did everything that I needed for it to do and more.  Which expander do you prefer (doesn't have to be one of the ones mentioned above)?  Thanks in advance.   ...

AAMT BOS.....CD Or Book? Which Do You Prefer And Why? Thanks. Nm
Mar 10, 2010

x ...

Text Expander - What Do You Prefer
Nov 02, 2012

I'm studying to be an MT (although, reading the posts on the forum, I'm beginning to wonder about that choice), and was wondering what Text Expander software was preferred by most MTs.  What do you all like? ...

Nuance MTs Actually Prefer The New EBTXT To The Old One? 
May 17, 2013

Do any of you Nuance MTs actually prefer the new eBTXT to the old one?  I definitely miss many of the features of the old platform.  Wondering if it's just me. ...

I Think I Will Prefer Editscript To Byndtxt Except For One Thing--sm
Nov 24, 2014

Unless I am missing it, not seeing the patient's age already calculated is a major flaw.  That and I miss being able to see the amount of reports lined up.  Otherwise, I think it will be better overall.  I definitely am not going to miss those darn header keys.  Of course, now I have to go through a bunch of shorthand entries and fix them. ...

Do You Transcribe In Silence Or Do You Prefer Many "goings On" Around?
Jun 07, 2015

I notice so many who talk about doctors dictating with kids screaming in the background, docs talking to other docs, alarms going off, etc.    It got me thinking about when I first started out.  I had to have absolute silence.  Kids had to be in bed, hubby gone, TV off, etc.   My gf said, "NO WAY!  Turn on the TV!  You have to get used to hearing other things going on so you don't restrict yourself to only being able to transcribe in absolute silence." &n ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...