A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What kind of employee - longtimemt

Posted: Aug 12, 2013

I started a job and was told I was an employee but they hold out no state or federal taxes - am I really an employee or is that statutory?

employee - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If they hold out FICA (soc sec and medicare), then you're statutory. If they hold out nothing, you're an IC and you're going to have to pay your portion and the portion your employer would have taken out.

Similar Messages:

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

Some Kind Of Biopsy
Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas? ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...

What Kind Of Computer Do You Like Best?
Aug 20, 2011

I am looking at computers (tiger direct) and dont know which kind to get for transcription.  Can you tell me any brands that you really like or to stay away from? ...

Not Funny, But It Kind Of Is.
Dec 09, 2011

Googled homeless shelters in my area to see if I could volunteer.  What do you think pops up beside the information?  "Become a medical transcriptionist at your own pace."  It should say "Become a medical transcriptionist and you may need a homeless shelter". ...

Use A Laptop For MT? What Kind Do You Have?
Feb 03, 2012

I've been perusing laptops on Amazon.  Never had one before, so don't know that much about them.  If you were going to use one for one week out of each month to transcribe on, which one would you buy?  Or, if you already use one, what kind did you buy and why?  How many USB ports does it have?  How much memory?  Screen size?   Headphone jack?  Sound quality?   How long do you work on it per day?   Pros & cons?  ...

Try This,,,Now That Im Kind Of Comfy With ASR
Mar 21, 2012

Now that I am settled in on the ASR, not saying I like it or prefer it..I did turn the music back on...I used to do it all the time when I was on straight typing..If you can find the right music, like I play stuff that I really really know well, so I hear it but I dont hear it, know what I mean...but the rhythm seems to keep me moving well..Granted some of the dictators are impossible and it has to be turned off for them.. ...

TL's Get Some Kind Of Incentive ?
Jun 01, 2012

Does anybody at Nuance know if the TL's get some kind of incentive or something when they keep their accounts in TAT? ...

If You All Could Be So Kind As To Help Me Figure Out
Nov 13, 2012

I have not been with this company a full year and I know that changing my status before 6 months will affect my hire-on bonus, but how would I go about changing from full-time to part-time?  Do I tell them this is what I want to do or do I ask my TSM?  Any help you all could offer would be great!  ...

What Kind Of Keyboard Are You All Using
May 10, 2013

I have been thinking lately about my keyboard and mouse.  What kind of keyboards are you all using.  I use the basic Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard but considering looking for something different.  ...

Some Kind Of Lens
Feb 04, 2015

States patient has glaucoma.  "He wears citrus lenses which do help him some."     She is very clearly stating citrus or sitris.  I cannot find anything about this.  Anyone have any ideas?      Thanks!! ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...

What Kind Of Questions Are These
Apr 24, 2015

DH had an interview last week.  The 2 execs at the company was really excited, told him it's a great time to have applied, they have multiple openings and were excited about his background (he was well qualified for the job, having done it in the past).  This week he had a "group interview".  All women.  The questions he was asked was.... 1.  What do you do in your spare time for fun. 2.  What kind of music do you like 3.  How do you feel about working ...

Headphones - What Kind Do You Use & Recommend?
Mar 25, 2010

I was just wondering what kind of headphones you guys use and recommend?   Thanks! ...

NJA -- Just Kind Of Puts A Funk On The Whole Day.
Sep 29, 2010

Maybe I should just sign off and take a much-needed mental health day.  ...

Rheumatology Lab That Kind Of S/l Vitamin D?
Oct 08, 2010

Does anyone know of a rheumatology lab that kind of s/l vitamin D?  She is listing all of the rheumatology labs that she is going to be drawing, CBC, CMP, ESR, CRP, ANA direct, SSA/SSB, RF, anti-CCP, ACE, Lyme, TSH, muscle enzymes, s/l vitamin D.  I couldn't find anything online b/c she could be saying just about anything...she is saying the word while exhaling into the mic. ...

What Kind Of Topical Solution???
Dec 15, 2010

The patient is going in for a myringotomy and he is to be treated with something that sounds like "bonean" topical solution.  Any idea what this might be?  ...

What Do You Do With This Kind Of Sentence? Need Answers Soon Please!
Jan 18, 2011

When Dr. dictates a sentence in the middle of a paragraph that goes like this: Eyes normal vision. Cardiac no carotid bruits. Cardiac regular rate and rhthym. Ears normal hearing. Do you just add a colon after the first word? Sometimes that looks odd, so I am not always sure what to do. Any ideas/help appreciated, tia. ...

Kind Of Intesting With Medquist
May 23, 2011

just got off the phone with a person at the Q who should know questions about the acounts, right, and so I ask her if a heading should be social history (I'm old school) or just social.  I can't find the answer in BOS or client profile.  She says well, probably put what they dictate.  She says, I don't really know.  In other words, she did not give me a definite answer.    I say, what if that gets corrected and we are now at 99%, that gets me fir ...

Favorite Kind Of Earphones?
Aug 01, 2011

Does anyone have a favorite kind of earphones? I need something to better filter out all my white noise/static. ...

I Have No Idea What Kind Of Math They Are Using
Dec 14, 2011

In any case, I've been ignoring it.  You can double check your pay by taking the amount of money in the Current column and dividing that by the number of lines in the Piece Units column.    It may be a little bit more if you work nights and get the shift differential as it seems that they add that on.  It would be nice if they would show that in a seperate row like they did before Ultipro ...

Look At This - Love The Head Set, Tho Not The Kind We Use In This
Oct 09, 2012

. ...

What Kind Of Headphones Are Really Good
May 24, 2013

Just wondering what kind of headphones are really good.  I am using Dictaphone headphone and I love them but they are about to die on me.  I have tried others in the past and the sound quality isn't that great.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

What Kind Of Platgform Does SmartMed Use?
Feb 08, 2015

nm ...

Some Kind Of Plasty For Sphincter Dysfunction
Feb 03, 2010

Young female with several sphincter repairs.  Had diverting osteotomy. Patient had what s/l "dresioplasty" with closure of the vagina s/l "sacrum." And that's the first sentence.  This should be fun.  LOL. Thanks in advance. ...