A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the MTTest website? - Laura M

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

I'm a recent MT grad. and was wondering how this website works? Are there any websites that offer practice tests that are similar to the type online companies use? I haven't taken any online tests yet and wonder do most companies let you use a foot pedal? Or do they use the F1, F2 etc. commands? thanks for any advice!

MTTest - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
No practice tests to my knowledge, but no employer that I know of lets job candidates have a practice test prior to taking a preemployment test, this isn't school. MTTest gives you the option of using either your foot pedal or your keyboard. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Mttest Vs Career Step Mttest
Sep 30, 2010

On the mttest site I have noticed that some are by Career Step and others are not.  I always pass the ones that are not, but when Career Step is involved, I seem to be told every time I need more schooling and this is after being an MT for 18 years and also having run my own business.  Does anyone know of any companies that do not use Career Step for testing?  Where I work now didnt and I had no problems.  Other places I worked, I was not tested with Career Step involved and ...

Do I Need BOS 3 To Take MTTest?
Dec 03, 2010

Does MTTest use the current BOS 3 rules?  I never updated because my last job didn't follow BOS that closely.  Would I benefit buying the BOS 3 and going through it before I tested at MTTest?  Thanks! ...

Using Mttest For Companies
Mar 25, 2010

How exactly do you score well on these automatically graded tests from mttest?  I am a CMT with many years experience and while I do pass, sometimes I get a score in the 80s and then other times its the high 90s.  I have been told that some let it automatically score and others manually score them.  What is the secret?  Is it just a formatting thing that throws the scores off so much? ...

Boycott MTTest!
Jul 15, 2010

I believe that if we all boycott MTTest, that these companies will have to find other ways to test applicants.  From this point on, I will no longer take any tests through the MTTest website.  Also, any company who throws more than 3 or 4 dictations at you for testing purposes isn't worth working for.  So, MTSOs, get ready for the onslaught because I doubt that I'm the only one willing to do this.  No company is worth the grief of having to spend hours taking tests, ...

MTTest - Wondering
Jul 17, 2010

Regaring MTTest and their pass/fail inconsistencies - I'm wondering if they don't set these things to fail anything after a certain number of test takers.  I'm just saying, if I were an MTSO hring a weed-wacker like MTTest, and with the high number of applicants these years, I'd be saying something on the order of "just send me the top 20."  and so MTTest takes the top 20 from say...50, or even the top from after 2 days of open testing, and then 'defaults ...

Mttest Questions...sm
Oct 20, 2011

When using mttest, do you expand the abbreviations the first time encountered in the report?  I know mttest can be tricky and I'm worried I'm doing it wrong.   Thanks! ...

Tips For Using The Mttest.com Site
May 12, 2010

The site is very literal.  Here are some tips. Objective: 1.  Thoroughly read the instructions.  Don't try to think about the instructions - simply read them and follow them.  For example if it tells you to type the correct spelling of a word into a field (picking a misspelled word out of a phrase), only type that word - not anything else.  2.  Look up every single word and definition before you make a choice.  I don't care how much you T ...

Mttest.com - What A Waste Of My Time
Sep 17, 2010

I just had to say that when I see a company looking for MTs and they have to test through mttest, I cross them off my list of potential employment.  What a waste of my time.  Took it years ago and would never do it again.  There has to be some other way or just look at a person's resume and phone previous employers.  If I have over 25 years of experience, took pride in getting my CMT and have tons of experience in every specialty, chances are I am a good bet.  Just venting. ...

Has Anyone Started The MTTest And Had To Finish (sm)
Dec 08, 2010

it the next day?  Will they save your test overnight?  I started late today and ran into a problem (personal) and was wondering if I could finish the test tomorrow.  Appreciate any info. ...

Time To Boycott MTTest.com
Jan 11, 2012

Just took another test at that site and, as we all know, most of the time the tests are ridiculously easy and yet I keep failing...supposedly.  Something fishy in Vancouver:))) ...

Anyone Out There Recently Passed The Mttest.com
Mar 07, 2014

HELP? Has anyone out there recently passed the mttest.com (created by Career Step) that most all companies are utilizing to prescreen their candidates? I am a Career Step graduate (high honors) with many years� experience working for a very large global transcription company; yet I cannot seem to pass the aforementioned test to save my life. I find this strange for the following reasons: 1. I passed the same (or nearly the same) test, on the 1st try, with a 99% combined score t ...

MTTest Testing Sites
Dec 09, 2014

It has been my experience that any time a company requests that you go to their testing site to complete a test, it seems to be a waste of time in screening candidates.  The audio files are extremely hard to hear and half the time the audio skips.  There should be a better way to screen applicants than by using these testing sites.  It is a no-win situation.  You spend two hours doing their screening and trying to transcribe reports that are not the work type that they are ev ...

Find Myself Shying Away From Companies That Use Mttest
Dec 09, 2010

I find myself shying away from companies that use mttest.  Something about that method of testing and scoring just doesn't sit right with me. ...

Website Concerning MQ
May 06, 2010

As I am sitting around with NJA, I found this website called JobVent.com.  Very interesting.  Regarding MQ, the overwhelming response was very very negative.  No surprise there!  Anyone can go and post about the evil Q. ...

New Website
Dec 11, 2011

Hi all!  I just got my new website up.  Please check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think!  It's for my at-home resume writing service..  It's something I've always odne on the side from being an MT.  Please understand, I am not trolling, or trying to sell anything, I am simply asking those who go to my website to let me know what they think.  I appreciate it.  I will take any critique of it that I can so I can improve it bec ...

Website?
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a website to search when I can only make out a partial drug name? I.e., the dr. dictates, "____-BOX-in 500 mg." Thanks! ...

Came Across A Website
Jan 09, 2014

I came across this website. It's the top 5 growing careers that require no more than an associate's degree, which takes about 2 years. No time like the present. ...

Mt Stars Website
Oct 14, 2009

The website looks different.  Since when?  Why are there hardly any jobs under job seekers board? ...

Website That Would Be Of Interest To
May 28, 2010

I think it was Kiki who was considering taking on op notes ?  This is a great website to look up standard procedures and become familiar with the vocab:  http://mtsamples.com/ ...

Website Needed
Sep 15, 2010

I came across a website this past summer from someone that posted on MTstars and cannot find it again.  It stated that if you were a graduate from another school you could still take some courses or mentoring from them to beef up your resume.  Please, if you know what I am talking about, let me know what it was.  This is driving me nuts!!! ...

Found On DSG Website
Feb 04, 2011

while looking to respond to a job opening that they have a "Director International Transcriptionist Operations," is this meaning they outsource?  ...

Is There Anywhere On MQ Website Or DocQscribe
Apr 13, 2011

to find a list of keyboard shortcuts. ...

Drug Website
May 31, 2011

someone recently posted a website which listed daily new drugs and their uses.  anyone know the site?  I wrote it down and of course lost it.   ...

Ultipro Website
Feb 08, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Ultipro?  I can't get the website to load.  I emailed my CCM who told me she can get in and to call the help desk.  I don't have their number.  Does anyone have it?  TIA! ...

Is The Ultipro Website Down?
Feb 11, 2012

x ...

Company Website
Jun 21, 2012

MM website acting up and on home page there is a somewhat smart aleck answer. Hmmmm ...

NTS India Website
Jul 16, 2012

I checked out the NTS India website and was very interested about the pay they quote for an independent contractor. The values are in paise, which convert to 100 in a rupee. A rupee is 0.02 US dollars. For transcribing 30,000 to infinity lines on the day shift one would be paid 200 paise or 2 rupees, which would be 0.04 cents per line US. For speech 30,000 to infinity lines one would be paid 100 paise or 1 rupee, which would be 0.02 cents per line. These are the rates for >=99%, which I am as ...

Laugh For The Day - Seen In Ad On This Website!
Jan 16, 2013

FutureMT.com: MT's can make range of income is up to 28,353/yr for part time work (25hrs/wk) and up to$45,364/yr for full time work (40hrs/wk). Seasoned MTs have been known to earn $60,000/yr to $80,000/yr. ...

Nuance ADP Website
Jan 21, 2014

Does anyone have a link to get to the Nuance ADT site? I've been working here for 3 years and have no idea what this is, and now I apparently need access to get my W2. I hate jumping through all these hoops to access my information for this company. I still can't figure out what my average hourly rate is... :/ Thanks in advance! ...

Found This On A Job Website
Mar 21, 2014

I saw this post while doing a little research into the field.  The company is not named, but the location was given as Franklin Tennessee.  Hmmm, I wonder what company that could be.   http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=JHQ3946ST7FZF49Q5P1&sc_cmp1=js_jrp_jobclick&IPath=JRKTV0A ...