A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Watching Undercover Boss⦠- … makes me long for…

Posted: May 20, 2014

… something like that to happen to MTs (yeah, I know it will never happen, but I can dream can't I)!

I would definitely watch that episode! - evil snicker

[ In Reply To ..]
Just to see any one of those CEOs do what we do, day in and day out, and live on what we make. Maybe they would see the light at the end, apologize, and then pay off our mortgage! That would be nice.

Thanks for the escape to fantasy land for a few minutes, now back to work LOL

I know what an eye opener - that would be for them nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Undercover Boss
Jul 01, 2011

I would welcome the MQ CEO if he wanted to pretend to be a game show contestant and come to watch me work.   Wouldn't that be a learning experience! ...

Undercover Boss ---- Idea :)
May 05, 2012

I think the CEO/managers at Nuance should do an Undercover Boss episode ...... wouldn't that be fun?  I don't think they would ever have the courage to do so though.  ...

I Wish The MT Industry Would Go On Undercover Boss
Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't that be an eye-opener for some of these MTSOs?  ...

Dear Undercover Boss
Apr 04, 2015

Please get the CEO of MM to work one of the MTs shifts for one of your shows. He would not last 1 minute.   ...

At The End Of My Ropeâ¦.
Aug 15, 2012

Just venting……..I am so bummed.  I was doing so well a couple of years ago.  I was working as a Radiology Transcriptionist for six years for a very, very large radiology facility, two days in the office and the rest of the week from home in the evenings.  Then they went to VR, but kept me on because the some of the docs were not complying with VR so those reports had to be typed and in addition I was doing editing.  I was making good money and was able to put aw ...

Did Anyone See The Show Undercover Boss Last Night?
Feb 08, 2010

Did anyone see the show Undercover Boss last night?  Do ya think the suits at MQ would do that - ha, never would be a consideration for them -- if any of them did see it, they probably laughed.  They don't realize and don't care to realize what we do to fill their pockets.  Bottom line for them is money in their pockets and the big bonuses they get for signing papers and closing those deals that don't benefit the MT at all -- the ones who are keeping the profit going for them. ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

Undercover Boss For Nuance And MModal
May 29, 2013

It would be great if the CEOs of these cheap miserly companies had to trade places with us worker bees for a week or two like on the TV show Undercover Boss and see how long they would last.  That would be an eye-opener.  ...

RE: Yes The Archives Are Chalk⦠And
Apr 25, 2012

"…  you suggest we dont go to work and what?????" Yes, don't go to work!  You must answer the "… and what?????" part of the question you ask.  I have made multiple posts with multiple suggestions on what each individual can do.  Those actions can include your suggestion of "lay on my couch?"  if you so desire, although that will not be as effective as say participating in your local May 1st activities.  See this link for more info on th ...

Looking For Peace And Way To Pay Rent ⦠HELP ME PLEASE:)
Jul 30, 2013

Hey out there!! I know, I know, asked and answered many times, BUT, does ANYONE know of a great co.with straight typing, where headers count, where a person can make a great line count like they used to? Does anyone want to earn a sign on bonus?? (That is of course if your co. offers one.) Does such a place exist?? Come in MT sisters, help a gal outð I would love to pay my rent and have more than $10 to spread out for 2 weeksð° Thanks for your help!!! ...

Wouldn't You Love To See MModal On Undercover Boss?
Feb 29, 2012

Boy wouldn't they get a rude awakening. ...

Just Started On M*Modal. Can't Imagineâ¦sm
Nov 10, 2011

I can't seem to get used to this platform.  I can't imagine how I'm going to make my daily line requirement, let alone ever get very fast on it.  Any tips from the experienced users of M*Modal?  ...

I Knew It Would Happen To Me Sooner Or Laterâ¦
Feb 01, 2012

I just need to vent…. I’ve been working part time as an IC for a hospital in the Midwest for about 10 months now. They actually found my resume online and contacted me.   I was already working 2 other part time jobs which really took up a lot of my time, but of course, not much money involved, so I decided to take it.    I did all the training and caught on very quickly.  In the beginning, I was able to work whenever I wanted since work was plentiful. ...

TRANSCRIPTION CHALLENGES IN A TECHNOLOGICAL NUTSHELLâ¦
Aug 28, 2013

Transcription is becoming a lost art.  With the arrival of voice/speech recognition software, which captures sounds and “magically” turns them into words (albeit not always the correct ones), the specialty field of transcription has become an endangered livelihood.  Unfortunately, forgotten along the way are the skills and talents a good transcriptionist possesses to make a document accurate and easily readable.  The bottom line, as with most things, is the Almighty Do ...

"Undercover Boss."
Sep 30, 2011

Have you guys seen that show on TLC where the CEO of a huge corporation works "undercover" in the stores with the "peons" to see what it's really like to work there? Last night it was the CEO of 7 Eleven. I was really impressed that he would do that - at least he seemed to CARE about improving conditions for his employees. I kept thinking how different the corporate culture is at MedQuist - and what it would be like if the MQ CEO did this show. Of course, he would never do it because he mig ...

Patrickâs, Gaenslenâs And 'Somasâ Tests Were Negative.
Dec 16, 2013

I cannot find Somas' anywhere.  Anyone know this one? ...

The Sky Is Falling â College Closes Medical Transcription Program â MTSO Cut Out As
Nov 05, 2010

The sky is falling !!! Anyone else see this?  Is this an aberration or a portent of the direction Medical Transcription is heading?    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 College ends medical transcription program Recently Delhi University announced its Medical Transcription Program, for the first time, was producing better transcriptionists in India including South Asia.  In the meantime, San Juan College is closing its Medical Transcription Program stating that there is les ...

Her Arms And Legs Are Likewise Very Thin And Almost S/l âkakesicâ. Any Help Would Be
Sep 28, 2011

âexcitingâ News In The Link Today
May 15, 2014

Hasn’t anyone read their emails and seen the “exciting” news in the Link today??  “….new compensation structure to be simple to understand, transparent, competitive, to be effective around 10/1….”  Translate:Simple to understand = unable to be calculated by MT Transparent = we all make the same regardless of experience Competitive = MTSOs battle each other to pay the lowest rates Sounds like another pay cut is in the work ...

Anyone Heard Of A Boss Or Boss Reamer?
Sep 06, 2011

Anyone heard of a boss or Boss reamer? Thanks in advance. ...

âvigorous Pinprickâ To The Face?
Apr 04, 2013

Does “vigorous pinprick” to the face sound correct to you?  I’m imagining the doc stabbing needles into the patient's face. "Cranial Nerve V:  She reports no facial sensation other than in her forehead, though with vigorous (s/l pimpering), she does flinch but says she still does not feel it." ...

Toxiblay Confirmed As "âetat Cribleâ"
Mar 27, 2013

rad filled in word etat crible pronounced atociblay ...

You Watching MQ Snoop?
Mar 03, 2010

We are all for the ability to send a report on to the customer with a blank that we know good and well cannot be filled in by QA.  Take away the 3 cent pay cut and we will be OK with it.  ...

Big Brother Watching.
Jun 20, 2012

Been here for long time.  Maybe they are trying to get rid of me.  Don't know why.  Continuously checking my work would be one reason to think so, but why after all these years is my question.  Maybe feel the urge to pick on me, pettiness??  Hopefully I will be long gone soon and will be just dust in the wind :) ...

So If TSMs Are Watching This Board ...
Apr 07, 2013

...they probably realize that it's completely anonymous.  So watching us all agonize over the current situation when just ONE of them could easily come on using a pseudonym and give us some idea about what is going on or give some insight as to how the decisions are being made ... if there is something we can do at this point to help us get on firm ground (or, have the decisions already been made?) would help some of us sleep at night.  IMO, just sitting back and watching us stru ...

Quit Watching The Game
Jan 19, 2014

That drives me crazy!!! Long pause .....Manning....Denver.......blah blah ...

What Happened To An Honest Dayâs Work For An Honest Dayâs Pay
Jul 29, 2010

It is amazing that more people are not committing suicide.  I guess that goes to the underlying optimism that human beings are inherently born with.   We always think there is good in all people and that we will be protected from evil.   But, what happened to an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay?  Every day there are posts about people working hard for their paltry wages, only to be paid late or not paid at all.  We cannot even apply for a job ...

Boss's Day Snub
Oct 21, 2012

I sent my manager an email wishing her a Happy Boss's day this week...never heard a peep. I guess it's too hard to get a simple thank you these days, but I did get several emails this weekend saying the queue was overflowing and they were getting behind. Since she ignored me, I ignored her. Guess they're not too busy when they want to get their bonus, right? ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...