A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WARNING---Rant Enclosed - cowgirldee

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am typing a 25 minute dictation and every 5 words I get "I'm sorry, please go back"...I'm sorry, please go back...I'm sorry, please go back 

start rant...

PLEASE FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE GOING TO SAY BEFORE YOU START!!!!!!!  I love typing a REALLY long dictation and only getting 1/3 line credit because you made me change 90% of what you friggin dictated!!!

end rant...

Thank you...I really needed to vent!

LOL - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I get that to. Mine says, I'm sorry go back, then gives an uh and um - and says the same exact thing

[ In Reply To ..]
It is very frustrating and yes, I'm yelling those same things at my computer too.

It's good we can rant here.

I KNOW! I hate that too! NEUROMUSCULAR - cowgirldee

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

LOL...forgot the expander was on :) - cowgirldee

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

I agree - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
At least your doc was talking to you. I had a 25 minute report where the doc was going on and on to somebody else about her rental property and the contractors working on her house, yada, yada, then she gets silent for the last 3 minutes and hangs up. Not once did she even mention the patient!

I can so top that one... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a 51 minute note yesterday (VR), so I'm thinking yeah this is gonna be a huge line count....Well, not so fast...I had to delete more than half of the repoort because it was 3-4 sentences that she would say, "no delete that and start over..." Then she would state a word, spell it (the most obvious of words too) and then state the word again!

To make matters worse, once I completed the note, got a few more done, this particular note came back to me UNEDITED and me stripped of my lines for editing it! Apparently, it went to the client's pending files, so instead of the clerk checking to see exactly why it was pending, she just made it ready again for editing! Luckily, my wonderful supervisor made things right for me on the line count end, although I did have to edit the report again...actually went much quicker the 2nd time as I knew pretty much what she was going to say!

This is why I save all my work and keep a copy- sm -

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have been suicidal had I done a 51 minute report just to have to do it all over again. Plus we have to back up our work on FTP as well as the hospital system loses the work sometimes, saves us loads of time and trouble.

I have one of those with VR. Then I have to take out - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
All the lines that state, "I'm sorry. Please go back and delete what I just said and add....." or "please change this word to ....."

Now THAT's frustrating.

I think we should be paid for every forward-moving - keystroke, so if we have to back up -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and retype along the way, too bad. They've paid for the unwanted strokes, anyway.

~No3cpl4Me~

PS: We could call it "First Time Right"! ;p - nm - No3cpl4Me

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I hear ya - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 4 docs on my account, 1 of which stumbles, uhs, goes back and forth, can't pronounce anything, uses tons of nicknames for colleagues. I can't make a dime off this guy. I can type everyone else at a 2:1 ratio, but this guy is more than double that. Of course, he's the one who has a fit if something isn't exactly perfect, even if HE was the one who made the mistake in the first place.

Rant - - Nina

[ In Reply To ..]
Would you happen to work for Mount Carmel?

No...But I suppose there is one in every account LOL - cowgirldee

[ In Reply To ..]
No Message

Similar Messages:

Rant Warning!!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have spent the enitre morning doing ASR on an ER doc who does not pronounce anything correctly, eats loudly and talks with her mouth full, yawns but does not stop talking and says things that make absolutely no sense at all.  I beg anyone who this sounds famiiliar to to email Support and ask that she be removed from ASR.  I have done half my usual line count today because of this horrid woman, and I can't even F11 because of the stupid limit!!!!!  My irritation factor is th ...

Warning! Rant Ahead!
Dec 14, 2010

So my company is moving everyone from IC to employee on Jan 1. Pros: PTO days, insurance for FT, and they deal with taxes. Cons: I don't need their insurance. I want the "employer paid" portion in my check, which we won't get. Expected daily production went up. Level to reach incentive pay went up and not calculated daily. CPL rate went down 15%! And that's for standard transcription, not VR. Just in production pay alone, I'm losing $100-150 per pay period. Even wh ...

WHY Does Report Look Up LOCK UP? (warning, Just A Rant)....
Mar 21, 2010

I put the correct info in, the client facility number, etc, and it will begin to load, and then slowly, I will get 1 green bar, 2 green bars (over the course of several minutes, now 5 to be exact) and it will just lock up there....I have NO time to wait for it to load.... And another thing, on the search page where you can click on "use my company number" --WHY is this there?  That is where you put the facility number?  So stupid.  Okay, I don't expect any answers to this q ...

I Am So Done With Medquist-warning Rant Ahead
Mar 31, 2010

I have to say, I never really believed everyone on this board when they were saying they are trying to get rid of the high-producing employees, etc, but I am now seeing it in action.  Believe every word you have read here.  I NEVER thought it would happen to be me, been with Medquist (or some company snapped up by it) for over 10 years.  I have now failed my second audit in a row.  It is almost like they just searched and searched for reports until they found ones they could ...

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

What The Q Has Done For (or To) Me (rant)
Feb 06, 2010

I was thinking about this earlier today.  I worked for a lot of years in hospitals doing MT, worked for doctors doing the same (I often had doctors try to steal me away from the hospitals I worked for to go and work for them but I'm loyal to a fault and it sometimes gets me hurt), and when I was just working for a doctor to cover for a transcriptionist on vacation, I was always asked back for the next vacation.  Always had perfection with my reports, never ever had an issue w ...

May I Rant?
May 17, 2010

I work for a small MT company that put me on a small account with 4 doctors, and I was told that I'd be the only MT.  Within a week it was obvious someone else was taking all the work, and I was told that this other MT was only supposed to take jobs "when necessary."  However, she takes all the jobs the second they show up.  Despite watching like a hawk for 10 hours a day, I get maybe 35% of the dictations overall, and the whole time I know that this other MT has OTHER work s ...

DSG Rant. (sm)
Aug 30, 2010

I have tried to give DSG a chance because I really hate changing jobs, but damn... this ASR gets worse every single day. I thought I was developing a rhythm and some speed with it finally and now it can't complete a single solitary sentence in any report I've had in the last three days without a serious error. It doesn't even come CLOSE to typing what the dictator very, VERY clearly says. I don't understand how ASR works, but how can it be getting worse all these months af ...

My VR Rant.
Jul 21, 2011

I think I could really make good money on VR if I was the only one on my account or if it learned specifically to each person editing.  I'm getting so tired of working on reports for a day to finally get them to start coming out needing little editing by the end of the day and then coming back on the next day to find the same reports SO full of errors after different people were on the account for the next shift.  It's great when you have other people who are good at their jo ...

Rant - Sorry
Aug 01, 2011

Okay.  Well, I decided to test with my old company again (SoftScript) with which I had  been employed for four years.  I failed their test.  My rant is this.  Am I being unfair to think that it is on record that I worked for them four years, was never late, always got my lines, always got 98% or above on audits (my last audit was 100%)  and it has only been 5 months since I left ??  Shouldn't all of this be taken into account ??  I suppose n ...

This Is A Rant.
Dec 22, 2012

Let me preface by saying that I am not a veteran in this field. I have only been a MT for about a year and a half. I graduated from one of the AHDI accepted schools. In the short time I have been working, I have worked for both of the national MTSOs. In my opinion the grass is brown on either side of the fence. I was originally enamored by the possibility of working from home and setting my own schedule. The later may be true if you have experience and are fortunate enough to hire on with a good ...

Just A Rant
Nov 28, 2013

My days are numbered, I already know.  I've given this job the best I could do.  After 14 years of no complaints they have broken me with their petty BS, condescending ways, (Feel free to reach out....), then when you do if you're not on the prime list you get no answer or worse false info.  Requested part time from the beginning but 35 hours is not P/T to me.  Lot of flexing because shift is 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.  (I was not made aware I have to ASK if it was ok to ...

RANT
Jul 29, 2014

I just need to vent. I really wish these residents would learn how to press the @#$%$% PAUSE button. I am so tired of listening to their (literally) 14-minute discussions with other residents while they are dictating a 4-minute op note. Obviously they do not realize that there is an acutal person at the other end of that dictation line, who has a family to provide for, and their jibber jabbing is a complete waste of my time and taking money out of my pocket while I am listening to them talk abou ...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! This Is A Rant
Mar 24, 2015

Mandatory OT????? I am doing jobs that were dictated less than 1 hour ago.  I am getting the worst of the worst ESL dictators.  I don't mind doing some of them but I don't want ALL of them.  Pass the garbage to some others.  My head is pounding try to figure out what they are attempting to say.  Will be lucky if I come anywhere close to 1200 lines today. Wishing for power to go out.  HA!! ...

Does Anybody Else Feel This Way? Rant
Sep 27, 2010

I used to love transcription. I felt competent and like I was doing a service to patients by making their medical records into an understandible format. When I was working oftentimes I would be "in the zone" and time would pass by quickly. I felt proficient. After working for MedQuist for 6-odd years, I'm sick of them, sick of transcription in general. I dread going to work every day and yes  I am looking for another job but being over 50 and having done nothing but work at home in tr ...

General Rant
Jan 11, 2011

Have you ever noticed than when a dictator tries to adopt a "conversational" style of dictating, that it is very hard to try and figure out what's being said?  They start and stop several times so that you can't remember what the original line of dictation was, plus they add "you know" every other sentence.  I DON'T KNOW!!!!!  My account is a verbatim one and so I figure out as near as I can what he's saying and then send it through.  ...

Offshore Rant
Jan 21, 2011

With workloads running low, wouldn't you think the companies would end offshore transcription and give the work to American MTs?  The only thing that keeps me from bringing this up to HR is that I genuinely like the company I work for and I like both my accounts.  There is just this one thorn in the side ...    ...

My Big Rant - $48 Versus $81!!!!
Feb 11, 2011

For the hours I worked yesterday, I earned a total of $48!!! The breakdown was 60% ASR and 40% typing,and out of 3 jobs I get paid for typing, 2 of them were ASR jobs that I had to F11!!!! If I had typed all of the jobs, I would have earned $81. Talk about a slap in the face, both professionally and reality-wise. Reality with the Q is worse than I thought. Oh yeh sure ASR is faster than typing - NOT!!. As an example, one ASR job was 8 minutes. It took me 45 minutes to complete that job! I ...

RadTrans Rant
Feb 11, 2011

I saw their ad for a Radiology MT, sent in my resume, and she contacted me the same day.  I was available for the hours she was looking for and was excited for the opportunity, since she pays very well.  She sent me the test, and when I sent my test back, she informed me she hired someone else the day before.  Mind you that we had been talking by email back and forth the day before - so why didn't she tell me that then?  I know emails have no personality, or they shouldn ...

My Rant To TransTech
Apr 19, 2011

With this hand-slap email, "...We understand some of them are unnerving, but it is everyone's responsibility to do whatever comes in queue timely.  Every now and again we are going to lose TAT for one reason or another, but it cannot be for this reason.  It is pretty hard to explain to our clients that our loss of TAT was due to MTs avoid certain jobs. "  I'm just a little curious, TT Boss Lady, does this apply to the 2 MTs on this account who are fed OP notes excl ...

Student Rant
Jul 11, 2011

I am months away from completing an "associates degree" in MT at a well-known online "university."  As I have prepared to change careers and start finding a job, I have realized what you all seem to already know...the job pickings are slim at best, and NO ONE wants to hire a newbie.  In short, I have never felt so taken advantage of and just...scammed.  The education I have received is sub-par, with more time spent with unnecessary classes like "Keyboarding" than with classes tha ...

Small Rant
Jan 04, 2012

If you, the doctor, can't pronounce a medication or another doctor's name, what in the name of little green apples makes you think I can figure out what the heck you're saying so I can spell it correctly????   /rant. ...

Ok This Is Really A Rant And It's Long
Mar 15, 2012

THE DEMISE OF THE MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST I started to call this "The Demise of the Medical Transcription Industry," but that would have been inaccurate.  The industry itself is thriving.  Actually, transcription companies in all probability show the highest profit margin of any healthcare-related industry in the United States.  In fact, I would swear to it.  I have done some research and I came across several interesting articles.  This paragraph is an excerpt from a ...

A Long Rant
Apr 19, 2012

Hi, All. I'm out looking for a job (another displaced MT) and have been trying to organize my thoughts when a potential employer asks why my resume looks so ridiculous. Just sharing... I have been employed in the medical transcription (MT) field for over 20 years, both as a transcriptionist and at various levels of management. I obtained the CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist) credential in 1990; however, this certification is not, and has never been, acknowledged by medical ...

Mini Rant
Feb 28, 2013

It so bugs me when people who should know better mispronounce words in dictation!  This NP who is dictating says "ejection fracture" instead of ejection fraction consistently, doesn't even seem to stop and wonder what it might mean or if it makes any sense!  She seems to basically understand what she is dictating, so how can she not know there is no such thing as an ejection fracture?   When I'm typing I need to understand what I'm typing to make sure that what I&# ...

A Little Rant From Me Today.
Mar 07, 2013

So, I got chewed out by QA because a doctor dictated a lab value INCORRECTLY!  It was a genetic lab value, not your normal CMP, CBC or anything like that.  He DICTATED the value and I TYPED the value.  The dictator stated that this was a normal value.  He was quite clear in his dictation and I typed what I heard.   QA got all over me and said that lab value was incorrect, and not normal, so regardless if he dictated it, I should have flagged it.  I told her it wasn ...

If You're In The Mood To Rant Even Further...
Dec 24, 2013

or, if you just want a laugh, go to Glass Door and look at the reviews for Nuance. They have a total of 1.7 Stars. The first few pages are the honest slaves. At the end, there are some QC and "management" people who only have nice things to say.... There are even a handful of people from India on there, some happy, some not. I don't think it matters how many of us implode, explode, etc, Scrooge will NOT CHANGE. He's too busy counting his millions. (Actually he probably hired ...

Short Rant
Jan 01, 2014

I would love to have just 1 stinking report that I didn't have to renumber every list in that report.  Of course it has to be done manually which just slows me down!  Mission accomplished.  Short but sweet, I'm done.  Happy New Year all.  At least we know we have one constant in our lives other than having to pay taxes and die.  ...

My Turn To Rant
Oct 28, 2014

Before we got the notification about new changes, when I went to Fiesa, I had a lot of 100% reports, and very rarely got an email from Fiesa.  Now I am getting one every few days.  The person that used to edit my work no longer is, and a different person with an Indian-sounding name is editing my work.  What happened to no more nitpicking.  This person seems to find all kinds of nitpicking, nothing to do with patient care  I looked nipticking up in the urban di ...

WARNING!!!
Nov 01, 2009

Okay, so I got a job offer!  Yeah, sounds great but the pay was at low level, but I kept my options opened and I said okay.  They do not use the standard counting and count a line if there is only one word.  I thought Wow that is strange but maybe the companies I have been for are more on the straight and narrow.  Then she told me no contract, just too much paperwork and a lot of "mumble jumble".  I thought okay odd but okay.  Then said told me it was on a trial bas ...