A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Too much talk of striking lately, but can we as a group of MTs - Consider some other options together

Posted: May 10, 2012

Let's face it, striking will do no good.  Complaining about off-shoring has done no good, unless that will cease at a national level for all industries.  Complaining about pay is doing no good, since there is always an MT that will take a job at any rate.  What can we do?

What if instead of a strike, all MTs did only the minimum line requirement for a week? 

I think many, many MTs should go the Labor Board and file a complaint:

If a company requires you to clock in and out, in and out when there is no work.

If a company requires you to use your PTO when there is no work.

If a company cuts your pay for QA submissions.

If a company has you work OT with no additional pay.

If your work falls to a level that you would be better off on UE.

If a company is having you do work that is not paid for.

What company policies do you find unfair that happens every day?  What do you think we can do to take a stand without risking our jobs? 

Personally, I am not too experienced with the Labor Board, but I do know that more than 1 MTSO should be brought to their attention for many reasons.  Does anyone know, are there consequences to this?  If enough MTs went to them on a regular basis with the same unfair practices over and over again, over a long enough period of time, would it change anything? 

Absolutely great ideas! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
For those who do not know, when you have to do work that you are not paid for, review your QA, even research (because you are not producing at that moment), that is called wage theft, and it should be reported.

Oddly, it would not be difficult for me to not meet minimum production on any day. Because of what speech wreck produces and the fact that I refuse to work over 7 hours a day (unhealthy and it hurts my physicially--hands, arms, etc.), I don't meet production and don't make minimum wage on most days.

I don't know how to get everyone on board for something like this, but we need to do something. We have heard all the excuses before, someone will come along behind us and work for 3 cpl, they will overhire, and they will hire more Indians, etc., but that already happens.

I agree, we have to do something. @MT_take_action

I, for one, am going to contact the Labor Board. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything the 1st poster said is correct. I'm tired of not being paid for everything I do. I also refuse to clock in and out when there's no work. I'm not sitting here for 12 or 14 hours, working and getting credit for 8. What is the @MT_take_action? Website?

MT2 if you contact the Labor Board - Keep us in mind.

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this process may vary state by state but, MT2, if you do contact them, would you please come back and share the whole process with us and direct others on how to do this properly.

I could be way off, but I believe you have to go to the Department of Labor in the same state as the employer (not where you live). I am just not sure. Does anyone know about this?

On the items mentioned in the OP, and similar, if these complaints were filed in a particular MTSOs state over, and over, and over, something certainly would be done, if for no other reason than for the DOL to shut us up and get us off their backs!

The one thing that scares me a little is that we sign a confidentiality contract that states we will not share patient information, OR COMPANY POLICIES.

Please, if anyone has done this, would you share some facts with us without stating particular names and dates?

Companies - convince

[ In Reply To ..]
everyone that there is an "industry standard," which is something they have made up. It's what they can get away with in terms of pay. How low will they go? 4, 3, 2, 1?

I think MTs believe that this is the best they can do in terms of pay because of that "industry standard." Or they buy into "everyone else likes it here and makes good pay, makes incentive," when that is probably not true, and no one has ever shown me my co-workers line counts, how many hours a day it takes to get there, their incentive, etc.

We are being held hostage by that "industry standard," in every way they use that term.

My company feeds me all the same doodoo. - Their platform is so overloaded - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it stalls out constantly. It's clunky and slow. Sometimes I have a low-production day, and they claim others are producing 2 or 3 times what I do. I find that hard to believe, unless they're doing templates all day, with little in the way of corrections. Or else working on a different platform than I am! They always try to make me feel like I'm the bottom of the barrel, ability & production-wise, which is also hard to believe since at all my other jobs I was a high producer.

I've asked to see proof of these alleged "super-MTs" they claim everyone else but me is, but when I do, they change the subject.

They know full well their pay is a starvation wage. I've come right out and told them so. They're constantly on my case to upgrade my equipment & software here at home, yet they know full well I have trouble just affording a packge of hamburger. Any my current equipment works just fine. They just claim it's somehow "inferior" when I tell them how slow THEIR clunky software is.

Wage theft certainly DOES seem to be the "industry standard", however. I would sure like to know why a keystroke that produces a space, and requires the same amount of time and effort to produces as a "visible black character", is somehow inferior to other keystrokes. If we do it, it should count, and be paid for.

The same goes with research time, and the horrendous amount of time we waste hunting for, and filling in, demographic information the dictators fail to provide, or provide erroneously. Because it doesn't involve keystrokes, we're unpaid for that. Yet accounts and doctors who are known for creating a lot of research time for their MTs are still billed and paid at the same rate.

When they send out emails saying they're backlogged, and need everyone's help getting things caught up, there's NEVER an offer of overtime. Yet most of us who go the extra mile to catch them up never get paid for the overtime which they're fully aware we put in in order to do so.

The "industry standard" is a big bunch of BS. What idiots the MTSOs are. Every year, the clients want it faster, better, easier (for THEM), etc. Instead of sticking together to ensure their service is fairly priced, and can support, and thus retain, their MTs, they all go into a feeding frenzy of undercutting each other. They're all putting themselves on sale, and not a single one of the bunch has the gonads to stand up to the hospitals and tell them that if they need to make cuts, then they need to do it somewhere other than medical records.

I think the whole "clocking in and out" game they play is a total JOKE. They don't pay us by the hour, anyway. Only by the piece (when we can even get it). I think the only reason they do that is, in addition to it being kind of a power-trip for them, it also helps them to "prove" our working hours on our time cards are accurate. When we ALL know that couldn't be further from the truth. What kind of work is off-and-on like that? You're working for 14 minutes, then you're "off" for 12 minutes, then you're back "on" again for 4 more minutes, then "off" again for 6 minutes? Umm, I DON'T THINK SO.

Do receptionists only get paid for the time they are answering the phone, and the rest of the time, their presence at the reception desk goes unpaid? If the company's phone doesn't ring all day, yet she's required to be there just in case it does, is that day an unpaid write-off for the receptionist? A big, fat NO on that one!

So if we're expected to be at the ready for any job that might come our way, even if we only get a few that day, why is our time waiting for it less valuable than the receptionists?

I'm so sick of the "everyone else is making good lines and good money - I don't know why YOU aren't!" line they constantly throw at me when I complain to them about low work and/or low pay. I think MTSO supervisors must take special classes (and get paid for doing so, of course!) in how to make transcriptionists feel worthless and inferior.

Bravo! I think you're right on every count! -nm - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]

my issue with this list - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
WHERE IS THE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?

IMO, your post is no different than the blah blah blah strike blah blah blah posts.

If MTs only type the minimum, remember they are then only PAID for the minimum. IMO, that's WORSE than saying take a day off.

All of you want to blame the MTSO (and I'm not saying there are MTSOs who push the legal limits and sometimes overshoot them), but where is the responsibility for the MT to say-- I'm not working for a company that a) pays too little b) doesnt have enough work, etc?

The Labor Board doesn't want to hear you. What you fail to realize is a lot of these MTSOs have a legal staff that lets them know how far they can go w/o going over. The Labor Board doesn't need to be your champion-- YOU need to be your champion!

A word from the not so wise - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Long story short, I was with a company for 9 years when they were bought. Work started going off-shore and I was put on account after account with little to no work. I had to keep clocking in and out, and as one poster said, I was spending 12-16 hours a day trying to get in 8.

I was stupid enough to tell my AM that I wanted to bring in a third party on this practice. She said fine. Then I started getting audited like twice a week. Scores were all near or 100%.

A week later, I was laid off, with severance, and agreement to UE.

No matter how much "personal responsibility" we take, there are still companies that are trying to rip us off. I am making good money. I do not want to leave my company, but I do have a problem being asked to do work I do not get paid for, or using PTO for their convenience.

How can we do this without risking our jobs?

so what did they say? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
When you went to your company and said, "Hey, I'm doing a bunch of stuff I'm not paid to do. I don't want to leave the company but I need to be paid."

I'm really interested in hearing what their response was.
Not OP, but the response I usually get is, "If - you dont like it, leave!" -Meerkat
[ In Reply To ..]

I agree with you. Too many MTSOs with the attitude there are - many others in line to take your job, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That's just one of the problems with the MTSOs right now. They know they can get someone else to take your place, so being dedicated and great at what you do no longer matters. It's all about the numbers and meeting their TAT, and for that, they can get anyone to fill your shoes.

You sure were quick to go on the attack, huh? - sm - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]
To begin with: This poster was NOT posting the same old "blah blah". Her issues were legitimate issues we all face. The ones "not taking responsibility" are NOT the MTs in this regard, it's the MTSOs. Even MTs who type far in excess of the "minimum" are still making less than minimum wage, which is unethical and crooked on the part of the employer.

My particular employer keeps on RAISING the minimum, even though the accounts they have, and the software we're expected to use, make it harder and harder to produce even the old minimum. The new "minimum" then becomes out of reach, and they can terminate any one of us on that alone, for no other reason than they want to replace us with 2 or 3 Indians, instead.

Although few of us would knowingly sign on with a company who pulls all these stunts, if you've been in the game for any amount of time, then you know that far too many of us have had our formerly-ethical companies bought out by larger, UNETHICAL ones. The dilemma there, then, is do you jump ship with no job on the horizon to take its place, or do you stick it out until such time that you CAN find other work?

I'm in that position myself. I gave the new, purchasing company the benefit of the doubt for a year, to give them a chance to prove all the promises they gave us, and all the praise they lavished upon themselves. When that proved to be false, and our pay went DOWN, not up, as they had promised, well, what better time to look for a new job than during a full-on recession/depression?

You're wrong about the Labor Board not wanting to hear you. I've dealt with them before, and as long as you stick to facts, provide proof, and give them as much info as you can (no personal conflicts or such, just the facts), they sure as heck ARE interested in hearing from you! They have the power to get you the money you are owed (which was my case when I went to them), and also have the power to shut the company down - either temporarily, while doing investigation and going through files & records, or, permanently. Which in my case also happened.

MTs are already their own "champions". But just sitting there and doing your work and keeping your mouth shut about all the wage theft that keeps happening in this industry won't change things.

Doing as you suggest, and refusing to TAKE a job with such a company is a step in the right direction, but just that alone, or quitting a company that does that, isn't enough, because the "schools" (and I use the term loosely) are cranking out new, naiive young MTs every day, here and in India, to feed the machine.

The MTSOs have very "conveniently" CREATED a glut of MTs so that they can be used up and spat out just as quickly as they are created. As long as you're inexperienced and/or dumb, then you've got a job. As soon as you get wise to "the system", you're spat out and replaced.

I'm sorry, but that's an incredibly EVIL business practice. If that's the "industry standard" everyone else is talking about in this thread, then yes, I think it's time for the government, starting with the Labor Board and working our way upward, to step in and regulate this currently unregulated industry.

You have a right to be pro-MTSO, and to believe whatever you want to about the slime-bags that own and run them, but then we MTs have our rights, as well - the most basic of them being:

AN HONEST DAY'S PAY FOR AN HONEST DAY'S WORK.

You go Meerkat!!!! So true. We need to take a stand without striking. - Many are in this same boat.

[ In Reply To ..]
Very nicely stated.

Okay, so maybe the thing about doing the minimum line count for a week is not a good idea. There simply has to be things that we can do on a very, very regular basis that may improve the theft of wages. Even good companies do it.

I am making good money and have plenty of work. I do not get paid for cc's, even if there are 12 of them, but I have to do the work and look them up. I do not get credited for time that I do research, but some companies will certainly have your pay docked it you send it to them. Is that so they can get paid for doing it?

I do want to take personal responsibility. I do not want to strike or put my job at risk. I simply cannot afford it, as I am the breadwinner. I just believe that if the companies or the DOL heard from us on these issues often enough, they would start to see that there are sweat shops right here in the good ole USA, and start a little regulating.

Again - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
more rah-rah baloney.

You will NEVER change this system. And that's years of experience talking, not negativity or naivete. I personally have done this for years and I don't accept (or stay in) a position that doesn't pay me a reasonable wage. I'm an IC and when one company started telling me that there were mandatory meetings once a week, I immediately wrote back and asked what would be my compensation for that meeting and how do I bill for it correctly. Within half an hour, I was no longer required to attend the meeting. When asked to do some tricky maneuvering between programs, I asked how was I being compensated for that and was then given 1 cpl increase for doing the work.

Schools will continue to make money and churn out "less than" or naïve MTs who will trade an arm and a leg for the "privilege" of working at home. You won't change that either because money talks on every level.

Do you HONESTLY think places like Nuance, M*modal, Keystrokes, etc will stay in business if MTs refuse to do things for no pay, or to work for less than, or refuse to sign in and out, etc?

I know way too many MTs who are happy, content, speak up for themselves to the employers/clients, and ARE HEARD and attended to. I just find it difficult to believe that those of you who shout, "BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE" are more than a handful of people.

And if someone is far exceeding the minimum and not making minimum wage-- when in gawd's name would they do it after one paycheck? Don't say because they NEED the paycheck. That doesn't fly.

Don't take a job that doesn't pay and don't do tasks that you aren't paid for. Those jobs EXIST.
Real talent for talking - out of both sides of your mouth
[ In Reply To ..]
Putting others down for wanting to take action and make a different, while at the same time stating what you have done. We will never make a change but you have for yourself? You know way too many MTs who have spoken up for themselves and made a change, but anyone here never will? Do you see how you are talking out of both sides of your mouth?
no i don̢۪t see that - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't have to run to a Labor Board or take a day off work or tell someone to just do minimums, I simply had a conversation with my client. If your client/boss isn't willing to listen to you, then I guess I just simply cannot comprehend why anyone would stay? It just makes no conceivable sense in my brain. But I'll shut up. If you guys think going the route you're going is going to get what you think, I predict you will be sorely mistaken, but I concede it is your mistake to make.

good luck.
If you've never had to ask for help, then hey - - hurray for you. Unfortunately, -sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when it comes to MTs, MT companies, and how badly one gets gypped by them, "Individual results may vary."
If you think it's baloney, why are you even here? - So dont read it, already. - Meerkat
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever your opinion on the subject may be, or your own experiences, that's fine, but it's not going to change what we all know is the truth.

Walk a mile in our shoes, then get back to us.

you ask the question - and make same comment

[ In Reply To ..]
about personal responsibility whenever any topic like this comes up. It is you, isn't it?

I don't have any idea what your point is, because you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You start out asking where is the personal responsibility, and I would point out taking action or discussing action to take is personal responsibility.

Then you go on to say be your own champion. Again, taking action is just that.

With the VR pay, everything else adds up to salt in the wound. - Enough is enough!

[ In Reply To ..]
Just one of these items alone is not such a big deal, but now that we are on clunker platforms for VR, reduced pay, etc., not to mention the fact if there is low work, all other wage thefts combined with the same is a VERY BIG DEAL.

Your opinions are duly noted. Glad you are happy but - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you do not have problems with any of the issues being discussed, and you have taken that personal responsibility you talk about, there would be no need for you to tells others who do not have that dream-job like you not to try to put our heads together to take what we consider our personal responbility.

Your statements are a little offensive, and I do not see any reason whatsoever for you to respond to any of these posts since you do not agree, the issues do not apply to you, and you do not share the thinking that many MTs have, but I will not lose sleep over it. Again, your opinions, even though rejected, are certainly respected.

Congratulations to you on your success. Have a good day.

above addressed to poster, MY ISSUE WITH THIS LIST. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Options - I empathasize

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not going to read through the entire thread, but some of the things you mention happen with on site transcripion too. It doesn't happen very often, but I've flexed my hours or used PTO when there hasn't been work. Our pay is docked 5% if we don't get a QA score of 99% or above, and it stays that way for 3 consecutive pay periods. I never thought these things were against the labor laws, I just accepted them because that's the way it is. We're not permitted to work OT, at least you get extra money when you work extra hours. I do think that many of you have legitimate issues though, and contacting the Labor Board would be a postive thing. Unfortunately, it would have to be state by state and the laws are different in every state, that's how the MTSOs get away with a lot of this. Maybe legal aid could be consulted, a class action suit might be possible. It's actually nice to read about some suggestions being made instead of people crying "strike" all the time and leaving it at that. Good luck to everyone.

Re: Strikes. I struck on May 1, and on May 2 - my account was backlogged.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, jus' doin' my part, and it DID make a difference!

So, your account was backlogged after strike. - What difference did it make?

[ In Reply To ..]
So you had a backlog? Are you now making money for ALL of the work that you do? Do you get paid for copies, headings, and demos? Has your pay increased? Do you get paid a typing rate for what you have to type in VR. Do you get OT pay when you work OT?

It appears that you only affected the work flow, and not your actual job.

I make decent money as well, but all of the items discussed does decrease my pay and it does not seem fair that these companies get away with it. The class action suit sounds good. The first thing MTs from companies like M and N would have to do is to make someone actually understand our jobs and our pay.
"The journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step". - Ya gotta start SOMEWHERE. - Meerkat
[ In Reply To ..]

Know what is sad? THE AHDI SHOULD HAVE OUR BACKS ON THIS. - Where are they?

[ In Reply To ..]
The lack of support should go both ways.

AHDI (AAMT) never had our backs at all, from - the very beginning. In fact,

[ In Reply To ..]
they have played an integral part in sending this profession down the toilet.

All ADHI ever had - in our backs...

[ In Reply To ..]
was a knife!

Similar Messages:

I Am Not Striking May 1, But Those Who Are
Apr 30, 2012

I am not striking on May 1.  I am not in the position to do so for several reasons I will not go into because I am not going to defend myself here. I am somewhat successful at the moment in MT, but I know the rug can be pulled out from under me at any time without notice.  I could lose my income, my benefits, PTO, etc.  This has happened to me before.  I have been where some of you are.  It is not just the MT industry, but many places, if you can even find a good payin ...

It's Officially May 1st For Parts Of The Country - Anyone Striking Today?
May 01, 2012

Since it's official "D-Day," was just wondering if anyone was actually calling off today. If you're off today, hope you're having fun and making the most of it! ...

QA Talk
May 03, 2011

Over my many years in this industry, I have worked with tons of QA folks.  I was also one of them.  Most of them were great.  Also always wondered why everything does not go thru QA.  They QA all kinds of products in other industries like food products, toys, cars, etcetera.  ...

For Anyone To Come On Here And Talk About
Mar 20, 2014

yet unrealized position is just plain unprofessional. What reaction did you really expect? What was the purpose? Right now you have a piece of paper and a promise. Why not wait out the 6 months and then 2 long Mmodal years and then come back and share your journey of a lifetime. Don't forget, they once sold VR as the ticket to tripling your wages. Now that that train has run off the tracks, they need a new "dream" to suck you in. The promise of #30/hour is probably nothing more t ...

All This Monitoring Talk
Jun 24, 2010

I realize we work on production and that we're not making money when our fingers aren't moving, but I don't think there are too many jobs where you're actually actively working for the entire 8-hour shift.  There's always downtime.  I understand it being a problem if people aren't producing a reasonable amount of work during their shift, but come on!  Being chastised for stepping away from the keyboard for a bathroom break or to grab a cup of coffee i ...

Please Talk Me Down From Self-destruction
Apr 28, 2011

To make a long story short, I don't agree with QA scores I was given at my job.  I received an e-mail about it and need to reply nicely and suck it up, not unleash and possibly get fired. lol. I have to keep this job and need the money. Please talk me down. It's sad how medical transcription companies expect you to be 100% perfect. It seems like the MT is always wrong. Not QA, not the supervisors, not the presidents of the company. Whenever things go wrong, the MT alway ...

Let's Talk About The Pay We Deserve, Shall We?
Dec 01, 2011

Just for the sake of simplification, let's say there are 3 kinds of MTs: 1.  The MT who does absolutely any work type; operative notes, radiology, hematology, cardiology, neurology, and all the hard stuff, including difficult ESLs.  Good audits and production.  Good at VR. This MT is also certified. 2.  The MT who is not certified but has at least 10 years experience, many specialties, ESLs, good audits, VR, and excellent production. 3.  The newbie who ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...

What Is All This Talk About Using F11 All Of A Sudden?
Sep 19, 2012

I used it ONCE and got an e mail from my CCM to PROVE in Remedy and cc her where it needed to be straight typed.  I was told even if I could, to NEVER EVER use it again.  She meant it. So why do I see several threads and suggestions here about people using F11 a lot or suggesting we use it all the time?  I used it ONCE and got called down.  The ONLY reason I was excused was I put in Remedy the job number and a good reason.  However, I was WARNED STRONGLY to NE ...

Let's Talk About Spark!
Oct 28, 2013

Okay seriously..  Spark, the new instant messenger for Nuance times out for inactivity every 4 minutes, obviously set that way by Nuance since the Spark instruction page on their own website says it times out every 20 minutes.  Here's to the Nuance Police and their new "big brother" software! ...

It's Not Fair To Get Paid 1 Cpl For !@#$ Who Can't Talk
Oct 03, 2010

:(((((( ...

More Silly Union Talk
Jan 31, 2011

Before responding, please read this post carefully. Yes, I’m talking union here, but NOT an MT union which would be pointless. Unfortunately we’ve missed that opportunity. Also, this post is intended for experienced professional MTs and include my thoughts on several topics that started down below. And hold onto your hats; this is a long one.   I’ve chimed in on this subject before, but I wanted to make an official post to put it out there and get valuable feedback fro ...

The Reality Of The UNION Talk
Apr 25, 2011

The only person REALLY interested is apparently the person who recently posted.  ****** This followup is posted mostly to point out the REALITY and that's that MTs will NEVER unionize :)  It's just a topic that comes up, everybody creates fervor for their POV and then it all goes away (thank goodness)!   ...

Inscribe - Talk About Unprofessional
Sep 10, 2011

Talk about unprofessional.  Michael at Inscribe calls at 7:00 a.m. for an interview.  Then, when I call back 4 hours later, it is a home number, and Roy answers, hello.  I ask to speak to Michael, Roy seems dazed and confused.  Again I ask to speak to Michael about a job interview.  Roy puts the phone down and yells for Michael, and tells him he has an interview on the phone.  Michael picks up the phone, also dazed and confused.  I explain that I am returning his call, that he had left me ...

Farm Talk (A Bit Earthy)
Feb 03, 2012

So, it's true.  I grew up on a farm.  We had cows and stuff like that.  And in my early wanderings around the place, I happened to notice certain - er, differences, shall we say - among the animals.  I lay no claim to being particularly sharp-eyed, because these differences were more or less at eye level to me at that age.  You couldn't miss 'em if you tried. Of course, this led to certain awkward questions, and in turn I received this memo under my cerea ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

Dictators Who Love To Talk
Apr 07, 2013

Some dictators really like talking into that dictaphone and telling stories (literally novels) about their patients... but , the more these guys talk (blab, rather) - the more money I get! So, it's a doube-edged sword in this regard. The downside is that it's sooooooooo irritating and frustrating to keep typing as they go on and on and on and on and on and on until the cows come home! You wonder when the dictation will end! What do you guys think? Does anyone else get "story telling" ...

Went To Talk To A Lawyer Today....
Nov 20, 2014

.....been going on with my job as a medical transcriptionist for the last several years to see if I had any legal recourse (I don't).  Anyway, while we were talking I found out that he did not have a secretary/receptionst.  I told him if he was ever looking for one that I would be interested.  Then we got to talking about becoming a paralegal, and he said "you really don't want to do that".  He basically said lawyers can be jerks to work with, and when you are ...

May I Talk To An Acusis Worker Privately?
Jul 15, 2010

I have a question about benefits. ...

Okay, Sistas. Lets Talk About BOOST.
May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol. ...

All Talk About Lawsuits Cause Of VR Crap In Jobs. But Does Anyone
Sep 01, 2012

I havent seen any real evidence of a lawsuit brought on by bad VR (is there any other kind?)  I dont think anyone even cares enough to bring a lawsuit. ...

All This Lay Off Talk Caused A Big Stir, Maybe That Is What The OP Wanted
Apr 04, 2013

Anyone ever think that could have been a ploy just to stir the pot and see what response they get here? Some people get their jollies in doing that. Look at the commotion and fear it has caused. Seems to have done the trick ...

Earlier Talk About Keeping Your Office Under
Jun 12, 2013

A few weeks ago there was talk about people thinking we should keep our work/office under lock and key, that someone was going to be showing up and because of the HIPAA law, we would be in big trouble, prosecuted, arrested, whatever. I have something to run past those that were posting. Ok, so today I take my husband to have a procedure done. I am called back to his room as he is awakening and there are 2 people sharing this room with a drawn curtain between them. The doctor comes in to talk ...

Do You Think You Can Talk Any Faster? I Actually Understood A Word!
Nov 14, 2014

Doc was saying the silver alginate was doing a good job, so he will continue the patient on "surovnick."  "Surovnick?"  I spent approximately 20 minutes looking for all brand names of silver alginate, googling every possible spelling of the word.  THEN realized he was actually saying - - silver alginate really fast.   Lets see, how many lines could I have typed in that 20 minutes?  Even after I realized what he had said, it still sounded like surovnick to me! ...

Talk About The Left Hand Not Knowing What The Right Is Doing...
Mar 02, 2015

I get an email from Nuisance saying they are hiring, to which I respond I have tried to start with them, but have been forgotten apparently.  Was told they would get back with me.  This was Thursday and still no word.  Yeah I think not!! ...

There Was Talk Of CA Employees Not Getting Paid Breaks.
May 13, 2015

Has anyone filed a wage claim yet?  Just curious how that is going.  ...

My Group
Jan 29, 2015

I guess I'm the only one working in my group.  My volumes keep going up instead of down.  I'm only 1 person! Get with it folks! ...

Hey - If You Are In BR's Group
May 14, 2015

You can swap out your Memorial Day scheduled hours for Sunday, Thursday or Friday. Just a head's up!! ...

Group B Strep Or Group B Strep?
Jan 08, 2010

which is correct- group B strep or Group B Strep? thanks ...