A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This whole industry - STINKS!!

Posted: Aug 22, 2013

Here's the problem with MT's who work at home:  There's not one out of six of you that have ever grown a pair of cajones.

I'm comfortable with my - ovary status.

[ In Reply To ..]
I've often reflected upon the situation, late at night when I can't sleep. I think, "am I one of the at-home transcriptionists who don't have any cajones?" I usually resolve that yes, I am in fact without cajones. Word has it I am one of the five out of six that has no cajones.

After time and a fair amount of therapy, I've come to accept my cajone-less-ness. I'm content to live only with ovaries, even if they do bring me pain and moodiness monthly. I suspect you know what I'm talking about? I do see the signs in you as well.

At any rate, thanks for the conversation. It felt good to get this cajone business off my chest with someone who understands. I hope you keep posting in the future. Your insight brings this board to a higher standard I think we've been lacking for a while.

Kudos!

Ovaries, but no cojones? No problem! Once a - month, put all those hormones and/or - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
lack thereof, or hot flashes and other negative juju to work for you, and use that particularly volatile time and energy to fight back.

PMS or menopause trumps cojones, anytime!

And what is one isolated MT exactly supposed to do? - Yeesh

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I know, not! - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
We love Walmart

STINKS!! - JWOW

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are going to insult people, at least use the correct term! Cajones are drawers as in dresser or desk drawers.

If yours are so almighty, then present them. - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd love to hear about what you've been doing to better the MT industry.

Similar Messages:

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...

BOS And Their Industry Standard?
Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard? ...

Industry Trends
Mar 21, 2010

I'm new to this board, but have been in the business a while.  There's obviously a lot of dissatisfaction on the way work is being moved to India and Speech Recognition.  Its affected me, too.  But, it is what it is.  The healthcare facilities  are being forced to cut costs, and the MTSOs have to respond to keep the business, which is unfortunate for us. First, there was India.  HealthScribe, Focus Informatics, CBay, Heartland and others pushed this ...

Backpaddeling With MT Industry.
Jan 19, 2012

Backpaddeling with MT industry.. In no time, it is going to hit deadend or get crashed ... CONCERNED, IRRITATTED, ANGRY, FRUSTRATED MT.   ...

No Future In This Industry?
Jun 29, 2012

I don't know why I'm posting, just a last bit of hope left in me.  I have devoted my entire adult life to this industry, what I used to consider a career. Over the decades, I became a top-notch professional MT, basically 100% accuracy, never needed QA help, and was a huge producer.   Fast forward 20 years, and I climbed up the ladder in our industry, joining QA, being a team lead, then up into management levels, and.... rather than have my salary 'commensurate with ...

MT Industry In Other Countries
Sep 24, 2012

Since the MT industry has suffered in the US with outsourcing to India and speech recognition, I was wondering if the transcription industry in other countries such as Canada, Britain, or others are suffering as well. Does anyone know about the nature of their work? ...

Complaints On This Board Day After Day About The MT Industry?
Mar 15, 2010

Is anyone else sick of reading all the complaints on this board day after day about the MT industry?  Am I the only one who actually enjoys what I do?  If you hate Mting so bad, then quit!  Be thankful you have a job.  I know I will get lots of nasty replies, but I am so tired of all the negativity.  I would never want to go back to working at my previous job which was a call center where you sat all day and listened to ppl curse at you.  I do not miss all the gas money wasted because of d ...

A Flicker Of Hope For This Industry!!!
May 04, 2010

I spoke with a wonderful company today that offered IC positions and the owner of the company told me that she refuses to offshore because she could not honestly tell her clients that she can be HIPPA compliant when the files leave the US soil and that she refuses to under bid her MTs who contract with her and she tells anybody who wants to do business with her that she will not offshore and she chooses to pay her MTs an honest living wage!!!!  Hooray for her.  I was really impressed w ...

So Glad To Escape MQ And The Industry!!!
Jul 31, 2010

After nearly 20 years in this industry, I am happy to say that I am free now!  Praise God! ...

How Long Has It Been Since The MT Industry Started
Apr 18, 2012

I am fairly new to this. I have always worked as an MT, but always paid hourly. Obviously 4 cents per line is not enough for anyone to survive on unless you are doing it for supplemental income. So my question is when did these companies start paying 4 cents per line and how long has this been going on? I am just curious how so many have survived so long on these wages. Thanks. ...

I Wish The MT Industry Would Go On Undercover Boss
Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't that be an eye-opener for some of these MTSOs?  ...

People Who Will Stay In This Industry.
Jul 01, 2012

I think as things go forward the people that will stay in this industry are those with their own benefits either through husbands or retirement age or buying their own that dont need to support themselves or anyone else fully and have other income again either through a significant other, husband, etc. or are retired and collecting pensions and SS and what have you.  This will help fill in retirement as far as financial, keeping the mind active and help with keeping in the job market.  ...

The MT Industry Is Dead. Do You Agree Or Disagree? Nm
Nov 30, 2009

nm ...

Support Our Industry And Jobs - Please Write These
Mar 05, 2010

Instructions and model letter provided here.  INSTRUCTIONS: Instructions for Letter Writing 1. Find out who your federal legislators are: a. Find out who your Representative is by using the zip code search at www.house.gov. b. Find out who your two Senators are by using the “Find Your Senators” option at www.senate.gov. 2. Address your letters as follows: a. For Senators: The Honorable (Full Name) United States Senate Washington, DC 20510 Dear Senator (Last Name) b. ...

I Think MT Should Be Patterned Similar To The Music Industry.
Jun 24, 2011

Or the film industry.  Whenever their work is replayed somewhere, they get residual checks.  Now that there is an EMR just about everywhere, when someone in the hospital pulls up a report to read, you KNOW that is tracked within the computer system for security/HIPAA purposes.  Everything about that report is traceable to the MT who typed it.  When the doctor reads our report, and later treats the pt. based on what he/she read, the hospital gets paid for that.  When a ...

Does Company Feedback Really Matter In This Industry?
Jun 22, 2011

I read in my textbooks that an MT should not be heard and that complaining about the way in which doctors and PAs, etc dictate is not relevant in this industry.  They don't want to hear it. It has always been my belief that it takes two to tango, especially if you want to produce anything of quality. I was recently pondering if it will do any good to tell this company what I believe I am seeing.  This is probably suicide but I don't like to take the blame for something I am n ...

Dragon An Industry-wide Trend?
Apr 11, 2011

Are many companies installing Dragon for all their MTs to use, or are most using back-end VR where the MTs simply edit?  Inscribe is going 100% Dragon.  Is that an industry trend? ...

Helpful Hints For MTs Leaving The MT Industry
Aug 01, 2012

As someone who worked as a professional full-time MT for 31 years (most of those years at home), I've learned the ropes the hard way when transitioning over to the "public workplace."  I'm here to offer encouragement to others who need to find another career in order to make a decent living.  I do still work 15-20 hours at home as an MT online, but I work a full time job in a completely different sector during the day.  I finally have the job of my dreams, and I absolute ...

Transcription Industry Going Downhill Fast!
Feb 04, 2013

I currently work at a clinic, but the clinic was bought out by a hospital in 2011.  I left for about a year and they called me back.  Now, it's Feb 2013 and the hospital just got bought out by a big organization.  Boss says they have to go EMR by the fall or they get penalized from Medicare.  They will no longer use me or the other girls once they do this. I've been looking at what's out there and who can survive on 3-4 cents/line editing?  There's n ...

Please Sign This Petition To Help Change Our Industry.
Apr 03, 2014

The overall tone of most posts on this site reflect the need for change and regulation in our industry so we can stop being taken advantage of and also that medical records are kept accurate and safe. If you feel this way, please click on the link below and sign the petition to address the joint commission to try to help regulate our industry. http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards?recruit ...

I Have Realized The Truth Of The MT Industry Situation
Jun 06, 2015

I've been coming here for years. For many years it was only the poorly trained MTs who complained about not doing well. Anyone who had good training and good skills, sometimes learned on the job, which isn't practical now, but good skills at any rate, did well. The times have changed. While I used to categorize the complainers as neer-do-wells because they lacked ambition, accuracy, and training, that just isn't the case anymore. The employers have beat MTs down so that they can ...

The Discussions On Cherry Picking Have Been Very Eye Opening. This Industry
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Medical Coding - Leaving The Transcription Industry
Dec 12, 2010

I wanted to ask anyone out there how to go about leaving the transcription industry (11 years in) and going into medical coding.  Do any of you know of a bridge over program at any of the institutes?  I got my education at a community college that is nationally accredited so I can transfer credits.  Just curious before I start really looking.  Thanks ...

What Is Wrong With Our Industry? Employers Just Come Up With One Silly Idea After Another
Mar 24, 2011

I don't know where they get all of their silly ideas, one new, amazing idea after another. You would think they would look back at the last several silly ideas they've had that didn't work and use some common sense, but that doesn't happen. It's always the idea to end all ideas, but those ideas never end well. Just a vent. ...

Industry Wide Production Requirement Increase?
Apr 04, 2011

The company I work for just increased our production requirements from 220 to 240 LPH for ASR and for straight transcription from 150 to 160 LPH.  They gave their reason as industry-wide production requirement increases.  Anyone else out there have the same problem. ...

Help Determining Industry Standard For Editing Platform
Apr 05, 2013

I supervise a group of transcriptionists who are offsite but work as hourly employees.  They work on a Nuance editing platform, but also do Radiology.  Currently they are required to do 15 min/hr and do 15 xrays/hr on an editing platform (PowerScribe) as well. The numbers are outdated and I want to up the amount of xrays they edit an hour, but am unsure what the industry standards are.  Does anyone know: 1.  What the industry standard is for how many x-rays you are required ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

A Link With A Number Of Interesting Things Affecting Our Industry.
Mar 09, 2012

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/03/09/148230883/forget-the-robots-venture-capitalists-change-their-health-care-investments ...