A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Taking pay off for errors. - WT

Posted: Mar 02, 2015

..so is taking pay off for errors the norm or just the screwy company I work for.  :P

Screwy - Screwy

[ In Reply To ..]
Better put is the "companies are out to screw the MT." Any little thing they can think of to NOT pay you, they will think of it.

Were they your errors? Was it in the contract? - Probably dictator errors

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you tell us what low life company is trying to do this?

Let me guess which company - OldsterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it FutureNet? The supervisor sends out e-mails threatening to not pay for the entire report for all sorts of things that are considered errors. Yes, that is correct. One error in a report, especially in the demographics, for which a person is not paid for in the first place, and you will not be paid for the entire report. Also, many of the specifications for each account differ. This company is just full of fun to work for.

Errors - Pay decrease - fedupmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh yes they are doing it!!! One mistake cost me $300 for a week's pay, bringing my $800 to $500. One mistake, this has happened to me twice! It is absolutely criminal!!

Similar Messages:

1 Point Errors, Critical Errors.
Dec 08, 2012

I get dinged for leaving out words like the, and others.  I am now understanding that this is not the correct policy, that others are not getting critical error, major error, off one point for this.  So, am I being singled out? Because I thought this was the norm.  I'd like to know so that while I am hanging on every word and will continue to do so, I thought I was not the only one with this...thanks in advance for the update.  ...

QA Errors
Oct 30, 2014

What do I do if QA marks me for a major error but I think they made a mistake? The really wierd part is that the feedback page says it was NOT modified. Seems so strange to me that QA wouldn't modify a report with a major error.  ...

Can I Have Some Opinions Please, Re Errors,
Dec 08, 2009

Does anyone here believe that sending a copy to the wrong doctor is a critical error?  I am beginning to feel picked on.  ...

CRITICAL ERRORS
Jun 15, 2010

Has anyone at the Q been getting hit by "critical errors" on crazy stuff that has never been an issue BEFORE?   All of the sudden, after no feedback for about a month, no audits, nada, zilch, I got my audit and was given critical feedback for not capitilizing a department! (recovery room, radiology suite, cardiac cath lab...)  AND, in a verbatim report, with a client profile that says specifically, DO NOT ADD A HEADING IF ONE IS NOT DICTATED, for NOT adding a heading!  This makes me nuts ...

SYNTAX ERRORS:
Aug 15, 2010

If we get a "syntax error" message on a post we have just made, how do we get back in to correct the error without losing the entire post?  Every so often I forget, and put an apostrophe in the subject line, and end up losing the entire post.  I've tried the "back" button, "Alt-Z" (undo), etc., but it's all gone once that syntax message appears. ...

Documentation Errors
Sep 15, 2010

I work in a surgery center/clinic in medical transcription. I have never worked in the medical field before, so I'm not sure what is acceptable. We get massive amounts of documentation errors from the nurses in the surgery center and in the clinic. Is this usually acceptable?! Is it normal for a transcriptionist to be required to scan over the chart and correct all of their errors or should this be the responsibility of the nursing staff? It's DRIVING me up a wall! I'd say 75 ...

What Is Your Job Like When You Get Overflow? What About Errors?
Mar 08, 2011

I am a relatively new MT with a pretty good track record at my current job. I have been working there for about 6 months. Well, we just got a new acct, and my company was understaffed. I have been working myself to death. I should be able to do more, but I am a new MT, and I do not type very fast (about 55-60 wpm, slower when I am tired). They have a certain amt of mins of dication you are supposed to complete each day, and they have been giving me more than that. I have been completing what I c ...

Errors Used As Amunition
Nov 03, 2011

I hate when the supervisors hold on to errors you have made not showing them until YOU have done something that upsets them.  tired of it. ...

Common Errors
Apr 12, 2012

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!  This is truly meant to be helpful, not snotty, threatening, or negative so I expect the same in return. Military time:  Lately I have seen a lot of reports where people are inserting colons in military time.  Colons are NOT used for military time unless the hour, minute, AND seconds are given.  If the CP states that time is transcribed "3:00 a.m." this is for "regular" time and not military time. Spacing:  TWO spaces after periods that end ...

Medical Errors With EMR
Sep 23, 2012

Has anyone heard of complaints with erroneous information in medical records due to EMR or point and click? My mother recently had to get medical clearance for joint surgery. Her physician went to some form of EMR. They questioned why she was taking a narcotic cough suppressant and insulin listed under her medications in the computer. She was shocked and stated she had never taken those meds. Another family member, who does not drink, got a copy of his most recent physical required yearly f ...

Transcription Errors
Mar 01, 2013

I have been working for Nuance since November. Not my choice, BTW. Does anyone look at their FIESA alerts when they are sent to your email? I am wondering how much experience some of those people have. I have seen errors that they say I did that, after my 31 years of experience doing transcription, I know I did not or would never do. I had one yesterday that said the error was "will follow with you". The correction they put was "will follow with you". Now correct me if I am wrong, but I think th ...

QA And QC Making Up Errors
Mar 23, 2013

I have been working for Nuance for 5-1/2 years now.  I, of course, consider myself a very conscientious and diligent MLS.  Lately, I have noticed "mistakes" that I really DO NOT BELIEVE I made.  Here is an example "800 calorie ADA diet".  Supposedly I did not blank out the 800.  I believe I would have, as 800 calorie diet would have set up an alarm in my head, for sure.  I want to know if others are having the same problem.  Also there is a spot where supposedl ...

Major Errors?
May 28, 2013

Does anyone else run into this? I get all these major error reports from Fiesa, all of a sudden, one after another, with errors that I know, after 15 years of doing this job, I would not have made. I know with certainty that these errors would not escape me.  Anyone else get this kind of BS? ...

Now Emails Regarding Errors
Jul 05, 2013

For the past few days, I've been getting system generated emails with my errors. Anyone else?? So just want to leave... I may end up doing so by end of day. ...

Anybody Else Getting A Lot Of Major Errors QC1 Lately?
Oct 06, 2013

I know these don't count towards bonuses etc but it still unnerves me to open my email nearly every day and seeing these stupid alerts with my percentage in the tank.  Some of them I take full credit for others I dispute but it still shakes me up so therefore some of the mistakes I make is just because I am nervous about literally everything I type.  ...

Bogus Errors?
May 05, 2014

Has anybody ever had the experience on the EditScript or other platforms with Nuance where you got feedback from Fiesa saying you made errors you didn't make-text either inserted or left out?  I have been charged with CPSE and major errors with random words stuck in places where I know I would've seen and corrected it but when they check the draft it's showing that I missed it.  Maybe I'm going crazy but some of those errors I'm almost positive I didn't ma ...

ASR Errors/TOO NUMEROUS TO COUNT
Jul 01, 2010

Has anyone else noticed the numerous errors on ASR??  Words left out, he/she incorrect, the strangest of phrases being picked up by the computer that are not even dictated and the phrases picked up do not even come close to what is really being said.  It just seems to me as this ASR is getting worse by the day.  You would think after spending all the money on the purchase or Spheris, that some amount of money would be spent in cleaning up ASR.  The CCM/and the Q worry about c ...

ASR Chronic Errors List
Sep 09, 2010

Here are some of my observances of chronic ASR errors, though sometimes it gets it right.  Most are not a biggie, but one could get marked down on an audit. 1.  BiPaP.  Should be BiPAP.  2.  Levothyroxine.  ASR capitalizes the "L" for some reason.  This med is a generic for the brand Levothyroid.  Should be levothyroxine. 3.  FIO2.  Should be FiO2. 4.  Hospice.  In the English dictionary, this is simply hospice. If a specific organi ...

Speech And Editing Errors
Dec 19, 2010

working as a coder, I read all the reports.  It always amazes me what goes through.  today I coded an MRI that had the indication "Left upper Germany tingling!"  It should have been left upper extremity.  This is the stuff that doesn't get caught when editing, and it goes into the patient chart.  Once some doc, who didn't bother to look at it, signs it, it can't be changed easliy.  In fact, it is a major issue to try to change something once the ...

CJ, Regarding The Speech And Editing Errors...
Dec 29, 2010

Maybe what you are seeing is already the result of many people like yourself who have already left the field for the same reason you did.  When you get the responsible, diligent workers leaving because the pay has been cut so drastically they can't afford to work anymore, the field becomes saturated with new or substandard workers.  If you're already seeing these errors a lot, imagine how much more there will be when more MTs leave.  Who will be left to do the editing th ...

Transcend - Terminations For Errors?
Aug 22, 2011

Got a job back from the customer this week and a note from QA about an error that didn't go to customer.  But... 2 in one week. I am so embarrassed and more than a little concerned.  I think I am trying too hard to build up line count and being sloppy.  (No excuses for that, bad...me)  Not that I am making a fortune on this job, but I do not want to be terminated for quality issues.  My morale is bad enough right now without that.  Never worked so hard to make ...

Discount For Errors In Report ?
Sep 22, 2011

I have a client that I made some minor errors in 3 reports. It rarely happens, my fault as I was rushing to get it done. Should I give a discount for the reports to the client as a courtesy? ...

Errors In My Medical Report
Mar 29, 2012

I wanted some opinions, please - what would you do if you viewed one of your medical reports on line and discovered it was full of errors?  I fell at work several months ago and needed surgery on my ankle.  As it was work related, I was requested to have a closing exam by an "independent" provider chosen by my employer's industrial insurance.  The final report was available for me to review through their website and I did so today.  It is full of mistakes, ranging from a ...

Does M*Modal Subtract From Pay For Errors?
Aug 10, 2012

Hi - Does M*Modal actually reduce the pay per line if accuracy is not met?  I saw it somewhere but cannot now find the information.  Also, would you please tell me what their pay per line is?  Thanks so much. ...

Corrected Errors On Draft
Jan 29, 2013

Do any of you feel that errors you've corrected on the edit drafts disappear?  Have you gotten marked off for errors that you are sure you corrected? Several reports over the past few weeks have came back with points marked off for errors that I'm 99.9% sure I caught and fixed before uploading.  This makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.  ...

I Feel Like I Am Being Punished For MM's VR IT's Errors &
Mar 12, 2013

The person, i.e., the VR IT, should be getting the pay cut for the lack of quality of their work and not us who have to fix it. My line count so totally depends on the quality of their work. The worse it is, the lower my pay. ...

4 Major Errors In One Report!!!!
Jul 19, 2013

Never in the last year have I ever ever gotten 4 major errors in one report, I don't think I have ever gotten 4 in 3 or 4 months.  They will never be able to convince me that something hasn't changed.  I am being marked off for things that are completely ridiculous and some I don't think I even did.  Wow - what a way to start my day - makes me really want to work hard for them.  ...

Major Errors.... Grrrrr
Aug 09, 2013

Got 1 last night and 1 this morning.  One I have to admit was definitely my error, the other bul &*&(&(.   Hope the QA people choke on their bonuses.  Have an interview today (non-MT) with benefits and decent pay.  Tired of working so hard to perfect their SR program so they can jack us over either by sending it overseas or finding they need less and less of us as the program gets better (if indeed it ever does).  Wish me luck.  ...

Count On Me Transcription Has A Few Errors In Her Ad
Sep 15, 2013

how good she really is if she couldn't bother to carefully proofread her own post, but wanting to hire transcriptionists with such attention to detail, and so on. If she will correct YOUR test errors... JMHO. ...

Compujter - Exception Errors
Sep 27, 2013

I rebooted my computer Monday after it had been off for a week.  Got exception errors causing Smartype to dump and not allowing speech rec to start.  Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or a fix?   My solution i to use my clunker, so I'm not quite dead in the water.  My next step would like to be buy a new ocmputer, but I don't see that happening. Thanks!   ...