A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Straight medical transcription - Rosepetal

Posted: Mar 28, 2014

Are there any companies left that do straight clinic typing with no SR?  If so, I would appreciate a share.  Contact me via e-mail. 

Don't hold your breath. People here don't like - to share - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
cc

There are very few (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm checking ads here and two other places and recall seeing one or two but don't remember which services they were. They will probably only be straight transcription temporarily and then move to mostly editing. If you are checking the job listings you will find them.

If there are - It will not last-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

IDK, may be better off trying any other kind of straight transcription... - like legal nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Straight Transcription - VR is not my friend

[ In Reply To ..]

There are a few  I am aware of.  There is SoftScript and a company called NEMT (New England something or other) do straight transcription.  

Try eTransmedia, the were all straight trans when - I worked there.

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Similar Messages:

Is 8 Cpl For Straight Transcription As An IC Too Low?
Dec 17, 2011

I'm looking to transition from being an employee to an IC postion.  I've been offered 8 cpl for straight transcription.  Is this the new going rate, or should I hold out for more?  I've got about 9 years of experience.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Straight Transcription Job
May 04, 2012

Does anyone know of a company that is hiring for straight transcription? My job recently changed over to speech recognition and my pay has been cut almost in half because of it. ...

Straight Transcription
Oct 17, 2012

Are there any transcription companies out there that still use straight transcription that are hiring? ...

Increased ASR, Less Straight Transcription??
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody notice increased ASR in the last week or 2, with less straight typing.  Just when I thought I had already hit the lowest I possibly could, they do this.  I was at least getting between 100-300 transcription lines before, now all the sudden lucky to get any.  My pay has already been deposited in the bank, down another $100 from before.  What do they want next, blood? ...

VR Versus Straight Transcription
Apr 28, 2011

With my company I get about 80% editing and 20% straight transcription, about half as much per line editing as for transcription, of course.  Personally, I'd rather transcribe a difficult dictator than edit most anyone.  My pet peeve is when a difficult dictator's reports (which used to be transcribed) gets changed to editing status, and it takes just as long to fix the VR document but now at about half as much pay. ...

Why Are All The Reports Straight Transcription Now?
Jul 31, 2012

Not complaining, just curious.  Wondering how long I will get to type before the cruddy ASR starts again.  ...

Straight Transcription Definition
Aug 01, 2012

Can someone define for me exactly what "straight transcription" is when a company advertises for it.... I am an IC looking for the best possible line rate. Thanks! ...

Keystrokes - Straight Transcription Or VR?
Nov 19, 2012

I saw their ad that they are hiring.  I was curious, are their accounts straight transcription or VR?  I have been on VR for so many years now I actually prefer editing, but my paycheck has suffered pretty badly.  ...

Changing A VR Job To Straight Transcription
Jun 11, 2013

Sorry to bother everyone, but knew I could get an answer here.  You have a job that comes to you as VR, can someone tell me exactly what you do to change it to straight transcription?  I thought I remembered if being F11 so I did that and it said it was going to delete the text. I said okay and transcribed job.  Do I need to do anything other than that?  It never showed up in my transcription line count for the day but it is showing up as VR line count and I wondered if I did ...

Straight Transcription On Windows 8
Jul 07, 2013

Does anyone know of any transcription companies that have openings with straight transcription that accept Windows 8? I had to buy a new computer and there are so many companies that do not accept Windows 8. Good luck everyone when you have to buy a new computer because Windows 8 is the only thing out there now. ...

SR Vs Straight Transcription With Arthritis
Oct 18, 2013

Is SR easier on your fingers, joints than straight transcription? TIA. ...

Straight Transcription Counted As ASR
Nov 25, 2013

Noticed today that my one and only transcription report, was counted as an ASR job. What? I debated what to do, because it was a short dictation, after all. But, no I can't allow that. I have to count every penny. So watch those kinds of things, too. Check your stats, make some type of notation. Shouldn't let this type of thing go... ...

IC For 7 Cents A Line For Straight Transcription....sm
Aug 23, 2011

and 3 cents for VR?  Unbelievable!  That equates to about 5 cents and 2 cents per line respectively after taxes, and they require a second or third shift schedule.  Are they serious?  I guess some MTs are content to work for little more than minimum wage.  Too bad! ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

What Is The Going Rate In The Midwest For Straight Transcription And For VR?
Oct 25, 2012

I submitted my resume for an IC position and received an email requesting that I submit a proposal of what I expected to make per line for straight transcription and for VR.  With 20 years as an MT, I felt that my proposal was pretty fair.  I said 8.5 cpl for straight transcription and 5 cpl for VR. I received an email from the company telling me that generally thye pay their ICs 7 cpl for straight typing and 3 cpl for VR and asked me to consider lowering my quote.  I was fl ...

Potential To Switch From Straight Transcription To SR?
May 15, 2013

Hi - I have been doing acute care work for this client as an IC for almost two years. While I enjoy the work, I know it is probably in my best interest to start doing some SR work as well. The company I work for just asked their ICs if anyone is interested in learning the SR platform for some new SR work that is coming onboard. I am currently only making .07 cpl! I know that SR line rates are generally lower since the "assumption" is you can go a bit faster, can anyone give me a fair id ...

Straight Transcription, Opinions Wanted
Sep 25, 2013

I would like to know others' opinions on the state of "straight transcription"...is there any kind of future for it, or will the few jobs remaining gradually fade out? If, by any chance, I was fortunate enough to find an acute care typing job, will it just be lost to VR? I know it all depends on the individual account, but I am speaking in general terms, and what will be the ultimate impact from EMR? ...

What Determines Which Reports Are SR And Which Are Straight Transcription?
Jan 16, 2014

I'm just curious how the clients and/or MTSO's determine this.  You'd think it would be the best dictators use SR, but we have one that is such a horrid dictator it is faster to just transcribe.   There are also some excellent dictators that come through for transcription rather than SR.  Is this a decision the doctors can usually make? ...

Patient First Transcription Straight Typing
Apr 24, 2014

I have been seeing posts about Patient First, but I have looked everywhere and have not seen an ad or link to their website to check to see if they are hiring....I am hoping to find a good company that does straight typing, and Patient First might be an option for me....thanks in advance. ...

SoftScript Hiring For Straight Transcription
Jul 20, 2014

SoftScript hiring for straight transcription with $600/$1200 sign on bonuses. Does anyone work for them that can give me some info.? What does trans pay? Do you run out of work, how many lines to you do a day, would need 1200 at least myself at 7 or 8 cents to pay the bills. Please give me ANY info. you can. Thanks! ...

Does Command Health Have Any Straight Transcription
Oct 15, 2014

Was thinking of applying but trying to remember, I think someone said they don't do straight type anymore? ...

Missing Credit For Straight Transcription Typing
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone seem to be missing credit for straight transcription typing.  I keep meaning to keep track of the straight transcription reports I type compared to ASR even though they are very few and far between, but I swear, every time I do get them, when I review my counts, it seems like some of them are missing.  I am going to try to keep better track of them.  Surely Medquist wouldn't stoop THAT low to cheat us . . . or would they?? ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Question For Editors: How's Production Compared To Straight Transcription?
Sep 25, 2012

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

Did Anyone Apply To Landmark For Straight Transcription Position And Hear Back?
Dec 31, 2012

I applied and got no response, just wondering if anyone was hired for the account they said started January 3.  Thanks. ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...