A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Signs your job interview is tanking: - Jobhunter

Posted: Aug 14, 2013

These all happened to me:

• Your interview keeps getting rescheduled, and rescheduled.
  • The interviewer walks out into the lobby to greet you, and appears disappointed/less-than-enthused.
  • Your interview is conducted not just by one or two people, but by an intimidating group of 4 or 5 glowering, power-suit-clad men & women, in a huge board room.  Donald Trump begins to come to mind.  ("You're NOT hired!")
  • Worse, your interview is conducted in a cubbyhole under the stairs, or in a janitorial supply closet.
  • They start throwing all the generic management-type questions at you that have nothing to do with the job you're applying for.  As you struggle to answer them, you begin to wonder if you accidentally applied for the wrong position.
  • Your interviewers are tossing questions at you that they KNOW you cannot answer.  They are clearly enjoying watching you squirm.
  • You apply at a job quite a long ways from home, because frankly, you need the money this job is offering.   The interviewer asks where you live.  You tell him/her, and they say, "Wow! How long did it take you to get here?" (Translation: You live too far away.")
  • You have gone all-out on your appearance.  You look great, and ready to work.  However, before or after the interview someone always says to you, "Nice skirt!" (or dress), but it's said in such a way that you just KNOW there was an implied sarcastic "Phfffttt" that belonged in front of their "compliment".
  • As you leave the fancy boardroom interview, the ones asking you the impossible questions seem to be in a hurry to see you out the door.  The one person that appeared to want to hire you sees you out to the parking lot, appears sad/wistful, and wishes you good luck in your job search.
  • The interviewer calls your former supervisor while you are in the room.  On speaker phone.
  • You've lucked into one of the few in-house MT jobs left.  You're thrilled!  It's a good hospital, close to where you live!  You're sure you'll ace this interview.  Your transcription test quickly goes down the tubes when you are placed at a computer that has one of those bizarre articulated keyboards.  You do your best, but the test is timed (only 10 min.), the dictator is heavily-accented, and you forgot to bring your own headset, so must use their crummy, padded ear-bud, sound-on-one-side-only headset.  You know right then and there you are doomed.

Ahh . . . - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
They can be excruciating, but you do learn from the failed interviews and they also make funny stories to tell your friends.

similar - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Those gang interviews are the pits. You can sometimes make a connection if you are interviewing with 1 person but it is much harder if more than 1. I had an interview at the opposite end of the earth. I endured the 3 panel interview (always wondered if there was not just 1 person who knew enough about job to interview singly). I did the transcription test. After I returned home tired and dusty, got a call that they had "lost" my test and would I come back out and retranscribe it. I said "You're kidding, right?" and they said no. That was a major tell, my year there was more of the same, much more.

helpful hint for committee interviews - vette

[ In Reply To ..]
Parole board comparison jokes flop.

horrible, wow. - no msg

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

L Signs ??
May 06, 2011

Extraocular muscles intact.  (L signs) clear.  No wheezes  ...

Revandibrit Signs??
Oct 21, 2009

The patient has a UTI. "Abdomen is soft and non-tender. No revandabrit signs" revandibrit??? ...

Thyroid Eye Signs? Nm
Oct 21, 2009

nm ...

No Signs Of New S/l Papilardiracteroid
Dec 07, 2009

No signs of new s/l papilardiracteroid.  Wounds are currently healing. ...

H & P Vital Signs:
Jan 25, 2011

Please help.....I know I've heard this before but am drawing a complete blank....On examination, temperature 97, blood pressure 139/73, heart rate 89, respiratory rate 16.  She is 93% s/l on rule _______.  She runs this and General Appearance together and I just can't get it.  Thank you so much for any help. ...

S/l Cut Signs Or Cussign?? See More...
Oct 05, 2011

Persistent cough with mild progressive dyspnea with advanced mass-like consolidation with (cut sign, cussign, cufsine) noted within right lung parenchyma.    This is an english-speaking doctor, very clear... ...

S/l Table Signs
Oct 15, 2011

No past reports to look this up and doctor does not repeat in the report. "# weeks post s/l table signs, left index"   The only thing it mentions about the index is it has a hypertrophic scar. Any ideas? Thank you avulsion injury laceration ...

Plus And Minus Signs
Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone else have this rule with transcription?  I was told a while back and cannot remember where I heard it that you are not to use plus or minus signs anymore unless using them for actual math.  For example, positive bowel sounds instead of + bowel sounds, or +2 pedal edema should be plus-2 pedal edema. ...

Signs Job Outsourced
Aug 11, 2013

I have read the conversations here with such deep compassion for the fear and hopelessness most are experiencing in this transition from proud profession to extinction.  From my cocoon of full benefit hospital system position, I still deeply empathized with my fellow MTs in distress.  I have the sense that I will soon join your ranks and would like to ask what are the signs that your hospital/service is preparing to "save money" by throwing their dedicated employees into the giant cess ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Vital Signs Question
Jul 18, 2010

Sometimes one of my doctors will just state the numbers when giving vital signs.  Just wonder how some of you handle this? ...

Is There A Short Cut To Remove All @ Signs At Once?
Oct 26, 2010

. ...

Tinel's And <sickleseen?> Signs ?
Apr 12, 2012

I have a doctor who, under the neurological exam section, says, Deep tendon reflexes were intact.  Tinel's and <s/l sickelseen> signs were both negative. Romberg was negative..." Thanks to anyone who might have a clue! ...

Abbreviation In Vital Signs Of The PE
Aug 31, 2012

She could also be saying any other phonetically similar letters. There is nothing else listed under the vitals, so its probably a generic "all negative" term.  (Afebrile, Stable Vital Signs...something else)   This dictator is one of those where the who PE is abbreviations.   Thanks ...

In Vital Signs. S/l Askum 54 Cm.
Sep 29, 2012

In vital signs of a neurological exam of 8yo boy.  s/l  askum 54 cm. ...

Semicolons In Vital Signs???
Nov 05, 2013

Since when are vital signs separated by semicolons?  Did I miss something??? My feedback - VITAL SIGNS:  Blood pressure is 183/111; pulse is 88;88, respiratory rate 18;18, temperature 97;97, oxygen 96%.96.   ...

So Now ASR Is Messing Up The Vital Signs
Dec 29, 2013

Not putting in the temperature at all, no matter how clear it is dictated. Messing up the sequence of the rest and the measurements..this is beyond annoying ...

What's The Point Of Spark When The TSM Never Signs In?
Feb 10, 2014

She's not available on email, she's not signed into Spark and she doesn't answer her phone, or she's off on vacation. This happens day in, day out. ...

Formatting Issue Regarding Signs, Tests, Etc.
Sep 03, 2010

When a doc dictates lets say "negative Kernig" versus stating "negative Kernig sign" will I transcribe it as "negative Kernigs" or "negative Kernig's" ...

Lachman And Memory Signs? Please See Message
Sep 13, 2012

On a knee examination, the doc is saying "Lachman and s/l memory signs are positive."  Does memory make sense?   TIA ...

Help On Vital Signs Part Of Exam
May 19, 2014

This Indian lady sounds like on the vital signs part as saying "No cathalication, upper landmine", ? Can't find anything similar to cathalication and upper landmines.  Any help would be appreciated!     ...

Who Signs On To The VMware View Client In Order To Work
Apr 24, 2012

and is it mandatory??? MModal Tech and my cable company say it is causing me to lag in a major way...so I kind of dont use it anymore...not that anyone knows yet!!!  just curious ...

NUMBER 4 SIGNS? Orthopedic Test For The Back. Actual Dictation Below...
Dec 15, 2009

Equally performs NUMBER FOUR SIGNS with assistance of his upper extremities.    Could this be putting the ankle in the back of the opposite knee to create a "4" sign?  Never heard of this... ...

Examination Today With An SL *Adam Ford Bender* Shows No Significant Signs Of Structural Scoliosis.
Mar 16, 2010

nm ...

On Vital Signs: She Is On Pressure Support "10 Slash 5, 40%"
Jun 18, 2010

:) ...

S/l Vital Signs Per "for Far" Nursing. Rehab.
Nov 03, 2010

Clearly s/l "for far."  I thought maybe he was saying 4th floor, but doesn't sound that way at all.  Could it be some kind of specialized nursing staff for rehab? An excellent dictator - I just can't figure this bit out! ...

What Company Sounds Like "signs?"
Nov 08, 2011

Took a tour of my local hospital last night for a continuing ed class and we were in Medical Records.  She brought up outsourcing transcription and I asked who they use and she said "Signs, Seinz, or something that sounds like that?" ...

Interview With MQ
Mar 11, 2010

Is there anyone that actually enjoys working for MQ?  I lost my job this week and so I am looking for something to start quickly, and so far the only interview I have set up is with MQ.  Please give me some hope! ...

MD-IT INTERVIEW
Apr 15, 2010

Hi--I have a phone interview next week with MD-IT. Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Im kinda a little nervous.  ...

I Have An Interview With MD-IT
Jun 02, 2011

I have an interview with MD-IT and wondered about some posts in the archives that are quite recent that stated there has been a lack of work and layoffs with no warning.  I am wondering whether I should even bother interviewing.  I am looking for a new job because of lack of work, not wanting to walk into another similar situation.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. ...