A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ShortCuts for Windows word expander - Disneyfan

Posted: Apr 08, 2014

I purchased ShortsCuts for Windows word expander back in 1999. It will not work with Vista or anything after that. I tried contacting the company I purchased it from but had no luck. Does anyone have this software or have changed to something similar where you were able to transfer you database? I have used IT Pro but they are expensive and will only give you a download. Thanks!!

ShortCut for Windows - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have it and got it to install on my Windows 7 system just fine. I did contact the technical support with the company that originally developed ShortCut and you have to run it or install it in XP mode. Make sure that you have all the files, including the .exe files or it will not run. HTH

Company name and number? - Disneyfan

[ In Reply To ..]
Would you have the company name and phone number? I am having trouble finding the info when I google. Thanks

ShortCut for Windows - some answers - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, this was over 3 years ago, but I believe it was Superior Global Solutions that originally developed ShortCut. I remember one time having to call Sylvan regarding something else regarding the program and that is whom I was told to contact. However, I do remember being told that they were not going to be supporting it after a while.

What I did was copy EVERY file from SC onto my flash drive and then from my flash drive installed onto my hard drive. When the installation process began (and this is what the tech told me), was to install it in "XP mode," which would also hold true for Vista, since it is a newer operating system.
THANK YOU! - Disneyfan
[ In Reply To ..]
I went to Sylvan site and turned off user account and my current copy of Shortcuts will not work with Vista!!! It would give me a weird error before. Thank you so much for posting information!
ShortCut - longtimemt
[ In Reply To ..]
You have to disable the user control, go to the Sylvan website and I think it tells you what to do to install their software on each Vista or XP

Similar Messages:

PC Shortcuts Abbreviation Expander ?
Sep 24, 2012

Does anyone know where to purchase PC shortcuts or maybe its called shortcuts abbreviation expander ?  I can't seem to find it on the internet.   Thanks ...

Shorthand For Windows Expander
May 07, 2013

I have been having something unusual happen with my Shorthand expander.  I think I messed it up when I was doing some changing and ever since then I have not been able to expand an abbreviation when I  am in the actual SH screen.  I used to just hit enter and it would populate my document, but now it doesn't do anything at all at that point.  I have to go back out of SH and then reenter the abbreviation in the document I am working in and then it works.  Does a ...

Useful Word Shortcuts, Especially For Newbies!
May 15, 2010

Came across this article on another forum - has a list of useful word shortcuts. Quite a handy list, particularly for newbies. Thought I'd share! http://hubpages.com/_hubmis/hub/Useful-Microsoft-Word-Shortcut-Keys-To-Save-Time ...

Windows 7 And ShortCut Text Expander Problems.
May 02, 2010

So I bought a new PC and it runs Win7. I've got everything up and running, my platform and audio player works great. BUT...I can't get my expander to work properly.  I can install it and start it and it looks like it's running fine but when I enter text that should expand, it just doesn't. At all, in any program (Word, Firefox, notepad, etc). Their site says that it should work just fine in any Windows-based program and it has since Win98, up until now. We all know ho ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...

Does Anyone Have A Word Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have a word expander? and how are they and do they work good. I need to get one. How much do they cost? ...

The Best Word Expander
Jan 30, 2011

What is everyone using for their word expander program?  I have been trying out ASUTYPE and like it so far. ...

Word Expander??
Feb 10, 2011

Does anyone know of a free program for short hand or word expander? ...

Best Word Expander
Jul 08, 2011

I'm looking for a word expander that really works well with the way I want to type.  I want a word expander that expands with any trigger, i.e, space bar, apostrophe, parenthesis, period, comma, etc. I also want an expander that allows me to build on an existing word without creating an inappropriate word.  For instance, my shortcut for lymphocytes is ly.  When the VR text gives my essential, and I want to turn it into essentially, I want to be able to add the ly t ...

Which Word Expander Do You Use?
Jul 16, 2011

I am wondering which word expander is the best. If you use one, which one do you use? How would you rate it? How much do you think it maximizes your productivity? ...

Which Is The Best Word Expander?
Dec 07, 2011

Which do you recommend and why? ...

What Is The Best Word Expander? Nm
Aug 17, 2013

nm ...

In Need Of A Dependable Word Expander.
Jan 12, 2010

I am looking for a dependable word expander.  I need one that is not too costly.   Thanks in advance for any replies. ...

Word Expander/spellchecker
Jan 29, 2010

Any recommendations for a good spellchecker and word expander program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? ...

What Is The Best Word Expander To Purchase?
Mar 31, 2010

And how do you come up with everything you will need to add to it?  Thx. ...

Word Expander + Typos
May 26, 2010

I am in need of a text expander that also corrects typographical errors (i.e., corrects teh to the and iwll to will).  I know there are several text expander programs out there, but also want one that will correct my typos. Any advice/help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!  ...

Thinking About Getting A Word Expander
Oct 02, 2010

I am thinking about getting a word expander...other than autotext.  Any one have any good suggestions.  Would like as user-friendly as possible.  Thanks in advance. ...

Word Expander Or Macro?
Nov 20, 2010

Which is better? What are the differences? I have been using macros in MS Word. I downloaded a trial version of a shorthand program once, but it was a little confusing and it seemed much more involved than recording a macro. Any advice/opinions appreciated! ...

Where Can I Get ESP Phrase Expander For Ms Word At
Nov 23, 2010

can any one help me,  i am looking for a place to get ESP phrase expander for MS wiondows at ...

Autocorrect/word Expander
Dec 08, 2010

Hi, I have recently updated my Office Word from 2003 to 2007. I knew where my autocorrect/word expander was in the old one, but the new version llooks a bit different. I am trying to locate where this is in my menu bar, does anyone know where I would find it? Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Word Expander
Sep 30, 2011

Does anyone know what kind of word expander Keystrokes uses?  TIA! ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

Word Expander For Transcription?
Dec 27, 2011

Can anyone tell me the name of the best expander for transcription? ...

MQ Word Expander Question - Sm
Jan 10, 2012

What word expander does MQ use?  Our hospital is going to begin using the MQ platform (whatever that is??) and we are wondering if Shorthand will work with it?  Thanks for any info. ...

Word Expander Programs??
Oct 09, 2012

I have Word 2010 and that's what I use to work in but the autotext is awful.  I used to be able to type my shortcut and it would automatically pop up when I pressed the spacebar but now with 2010 I have to hit enter which just slows me way down.  Also they used to be able to be captilized or not depending on what I typed it in but now,  whatever case I save it in is what it comes up as.    It's just a pain and I am slowed way down.  Does anyone know a go ...

Shorthand Word Expander
May 27, 2013

I purchased Shorthand word expander from Sylvan and I cannot get it to work. I'm using Windows 7 and Word 2007 with ExEditor. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Word Expander Software
Jun 25, 2013

I've been using AutoCorrect as a word expander program for many years. I've started looking for word expander software, but I'm amazed at the cost of those I've seen. Anyone out there know of a good word expander that's either free or reasonably priced? ...

Why Do I Need A Word Expander Program
Aug 17, 2013

Why do I need a word expander program if the company I work for uses Word 2007 and I can use autocorrect options?    ...

Best Word Expander For Escription
Oct 08, 2013

Its time to renew my PCShorthand license.  I was just wondering if there is a better word expander to use with Escription or if I should just be using the Microsoft autotext (or what ever it is called).  IF so, is there a way to transfer my PCShorthand files to Microsoft? ...