A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA grading - sak

Posted: Oct 22, 2009

Is everyone graded using the same QA scoring system?  Where do they get this ??  

Doubt it (sm) - Long time MT/QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Each company's QA management comes up with the formula for how they will score errors as far as weighting the value of each error against number of reports or numbers of lines in a report or ???. Just depends on who is coming up with the formula. I've never seen it the same in any 2 companies.

QA grading - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't that be nice if the QA grading was the same for the whole MT world. My company QA can't even be consistent from QA person to QA person.

QA - nonnyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
where i am, it's whichever way the wind blows.

i got 100% for an error that should have had points taken off. another time i got a crazily-written note about a report that had nothing wrong with it.

i have never worked QA. i'm sure it's stressful. with what goes on at this place, though, i'm thinking they should make taking the MMPI part of the hiring process....

Similar Messages:

My New Grading System
May 13, 2010

It's simply unfair that MQ pays me the same same whether I do a normally dictated report, or one that is handicapped.  Handicapped reports obviously take much more time to finish.  Here's my new grading system for leaving markers.  It's how I'm going to grade the documents that are necessary to include blanks in case they are thrown back at me for any reason.  It gives me ammunition to fight back.  Each subject gets a point (which to me ...

Grading With FIESA
May 08, 2012

Are there no B's given on this?  I have checked it each day since I started (which was just a few days ago).  I either have A's or C's (with a percentage of 97 or 98%).  Today I typed 27 reports and got 100% accuracy on 25 of those and 2 that had C's but my overall grade was a C!!!  What am I missing.  Since I am technically still on 90 day "probation" it worries me.  I am typing well over the line count required and have made no "major" mistakes ...

Cancer Staging And Grading
Aug 11, 2011

I have seen the staging/grading represented in conflicting ways and do not own a book of style. Can someone tell me if this is a correct way to represent renal cell carcinoma staging: Stage pT3a, pNx, pMx Thank you!!!! ...

Nunace Grading Scale
Jan 30, 2012

I'm fairly new at Nuance.  I check my work each day.  I'm confused on their grading scale - there will be an A with a C below.  Please explain. ...

Grading Lachman Test
Nov 13, 2012

Grade Ia Lachman. How should that be written? (The I-a part) Thank you ...

Need Help Understanding A Fiesa Grading, If Possible
Sep 17, 2014

Does anyone understand why they take off an entire point for a lab value that is 1 point off?  Such as a glucose level of 230 and is transcribed 231?  This doesn't effect patient safety or treatment.  I can understand a discrepency that is a significant difference or would change treatment.  This is a minimal error and should be graded accordingly. ...

Breast Capsule Grading Question
Aug 31, 2011

I've got a plastic surgery dictation. Doc is talking about a breast capsule. He says  it was quite thin being of a grade 1 or grade 2 level.  Just wondering if anyone knows  if grade 1 should be a roman numeral or arabic numeral.  ...

Furhman Or Fuhrman Nuclear Grading
May 24, 2012

Is it Furhman or Fuhrman nuclear grading?  I find both.  Doctor is spelling "Furhman". ...

Low Score On FIESA With New Grading System
Jun 24, 2013

Hey guys..have a question. This quarter is over this week and with the new grading system they have implemented for post-audits my QA score is quite bad at about 96% to 97%. I have never had a low score like this ever in my career and have always been between 98.5% to 99%.  Have any of you experienced a low final score for a quarter before and if you have what happened to you? Did they have QA work with you or was it like instant termination. This new grading system is so very stressful :( ...