A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NetTalk Vs MagicJack Plus - JustMe

Posted: Oct 22, 2013

NetTalk Versus MagicJack Plus.  Which do you prefer?  I would like to get rid of my landline phone.

Magic Jack Plus - greenie

[ In Reply To ..]
Never tried NetTalk. Had Magic Jack Plus for a while. Didn't like the fact that even for local calls, had to enter area code and then number. Otherwise, it was okay. Does not work with dictation equipment or fax machine though, in case you had that in mind.

Curious as to where you are located. I'm in NJ and have - had to enter area code

[ In Reply To ..]
in addition to number for any and all calls (local or otherwise) for many years now,and that was with AT&T, then Verizon, and now with cable phone service.

Similar Messages:

MagicJack And Lanier
May 16, 2012

Hello!  I use Lanier to transcribe and need a landline to do so.  I also need to be out of town for family for a few days but will still be required to work.  My only option where I'm staying is the use of the MagicJack.  I don't know much about this.  I know the family I'm staying with uses it as their only landline "service" and it's unlimited long distance.   Does anyone know if I will be able to successfully plug my Lanier machine into t ...

Unlimited Long Distance - MagicJack
Nov 19, 2009

I dial in on a Dictaphone for up to 8 hours per day.  It is not a continuous connection but I do dial back in to the system around 10 times per day.  I am currently using Vonage but I wanted to find out if any other transcriptionists use the MagicJack - and if so, how well does it work?  Would anyone recommend it?  Thanks! ...