A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical coding and billing sites - Sandra

Posted: Oct 07, 2013

Hello out there. Are there any medical coding and billing sites like this one. Any information on websites or where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Look at the left of the screen here and find coding/medical billing. nm - Momof2

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxx

Similar Messages:

Medical Billing/Coding
Feb 13, 2015

Does any one know of any good medical billing and coding schools online? ...

Transcriptionist Also Does Medical Coding/billing?
Nov 16, 2009

I was wondering if anyone who is a transcriptionist also does medical coding/billing.  I wonder if we are any safer with this field and what the pay is like.  It looks to be about the same from what I have found on line.  I have been doing transcription for 10 years and am getting tired of what is happening in the industry.  It is tedious, hard work to sit on your butt all day and only get paid when your fingers are on the keys.  I am thinking of working in an office or hospital for a chang ...

Information On Medical Billing/coding
Sep 08, 2010

I am interested in obtaining some information on the medical billing/coding certifications.  If anyone has class or school informaiton that is realiable I would greatly appreciate it.  I am looking for online certificated classes. Thanks ...

Future In Medical Coding / Billing
Feb 08, 2012

I have a question about coding and billing.  For three years in the '90s, I coded and transcribed for a small, rural, hospital.  I was responsible for outpatient, ER, inpatient, surgical etc. coding and transcription.  It was mostly ICD-9, and HCPC coding.  If I want to code from home in the future, what would you suggest I do, an online program?  Do you think coding from home would be an opportunity or do most hospitals/clinics/physicians require experience at a facility first, and wo ...

Coding/Medical Billing Jobs?
May 05, 2012

How plentiful are the jobs for coders and medical billers? Currently I am an MT but looking into other career options. Thanks! ...

Is Medical Billing/coding Also Going Overseas?
Aug 03, 2013

gotta be honest, i despise medical transcription - booorrrrring - BUT i still want to work at home. i know coding/billing probably isn't any more interesting, but because i still want to work at home, i'm considering learning it. does anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with it? if so, is it, too, also going overseas? are there any work at home jobs that are not going overseas? ...

MT Looking To Take A Course In Either Medical Billing Or Coding To Have Something Else For Training
Feb 25, 2014

I need to make a switch if I should lose my transcription job. Which would you recommend to get into first? Wondering if I should take a medical billing course first which would help me get hired somewhere else and does have a billing background help with coding?? I have a local vocational school that offers a medical billing course but nothing nearby that offers coding. Also I would prefer to do an online course and not sure which one would be the best. I don't want to spend money if ...

Medical Transcription Versus Coding/billing
Jan 18, 2010

Does anyone have an idea which career might pay best, medical transcription or medical billing/coding? I am curious about which pays best. ...

My Thoughts On Learning Medical Billing And Coding
Nov 09, 2011

After seeing the writing on the fall for MTs, I started school 1 year ago.  I am currently in an online associates degree program.  I am an on-the-job trained MT.  I also earned my CMT through a lot of self study and I work hard to keep that CMT credential (no bashing.  Needed it at the time for the job I had).  My college program is currently business administration with a completion in medical billing and coding.  I already know that to get a coding certifica ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...

Penn Foster Coding And Medical Billing Program?
Jan 29, 2015

Hello, Just wanting opinions/experiences with Penn Foster's Training Program Coding and Medical Billing. Thanks in advance. ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Is There A Search Engine That Searches Just Medical Sites?
Feb 23, 2011

I am not sure what's going on of late, but I don't seem to get relevant search results when I use G. I search for a medical word, but get results from sites that have nothing to do with medicine. I end up questioning the credibility of these search results and have to research more. Needless to say, I've been losing money spending so much more time researching words. Sometimes, I just wonder if I could have access to a medical search engine to cut out the non-medical stuff. Anyone ...

Billing/coding
Apr 20, 2010

has anyone thought about or actually made the swith from mt to billing/coding? ...

Coding/Billing
Jan 11, 2011

Anyone know if MedQuist has coding/billing jobs and would hire a new grad from CareerStep?  Thanks!  ...

Billing Vs Coding
Apr 05, 2011

Quick question - medical billing and medical coding are two totally separate entities, right?  Meaning, you have schools for billing and schools for coding or schools that teach coding OR billing.. Just had a discussion with someone regarding this and I would like to have my facts straight ... thanks everyone!!!   There are billing jobs and coding jobs, but the two shall never "meet", right? ...

Billing And Coding
Apr 11, 2011

I have a stupid question.  When I finished my MT course with Allied Medical School, I then found out they are NOT (federally) accredited, they do not assist you in finding positions, and they do not assist in helping you become certified.  In other words, I felt that I wasted all of that money.  As a newbe I was unable to find a job.  I started apprenticing with a company, paid their $500 fee for software, and after 8-9 months, found they had changed their name.  Apparently, they were getti ...

Looking Into Coding And Billing
Sep 30, 2011

I have been an MT for 20+ years and now looking into coding and billing... Would you recommend it? I am considering this, but looking for some words of wisdom prior to making a decision. I see Career Step offers the program, but not familiar enough with Career Step to know if they are a reputable. I have been told that coding is on its way out like transcription and not to waste my time, but only heard that from one person so far.  Anything you can share with me would be great! Thanks :) ...

No Coding Or Even Billing Job Yet
Oct 30, 2014

It has been almost 8 months since I passed my CPC on first try. I have been in MT field for more than 14 years, and yet nobody is ready to give me a job based on that. Everyone says u dont have a coing xperience. Is anybody else suffering like me out there? I am slowly losing hope that I will ever be able to leave this field. ...

Coding Versus Billing
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone explain the difference between coding and billing?  Do coding credentials apply to billing too? ...

Billing And Coding With MT Background
Jun 15, 2010

I have a background in medical transcription however I am unable to sit in the same position (foot pedal - headset - typing) for any length of time.  I broke my neck many years ago and didn't know when I was in school that this was going to prevent me from doing this career on even a part time basis and after graduating with high honors and having great employee/employer relationships. I am wondering if it is feasible to do billing and coding with medical transcription in a home offic ...

Information On Billing/coding
Aug 30, 2010

I had a friend suggest I access this webiste for possible information on Medical Billing/Coding training.  Do you have any suggestions on where to obtain training and certification for Medical Billing/Coding.  There are 2 of us that would be interested in this and then to move onto the Medical Transcriptions.  We would both like to work from home and spend time with our children.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance. ...

Explanation Of Coding/Billing
Jul 11, 2011

I am looking at options/alternatives.  Currently an MT with 15+ years.  Can someone tell me what a coding job and/or billing job exactly is (job description)?  What is required of a coder/biller?  Is it a WAH job?    Thanks!  ...

Coding And Billing Schools
Sep 16, 2011

Just lost my part-time transcripton job and starting to hear that this field is becoming extinct. Thinking about going to school online for billing and coding.  Anybody know of a oustanding accredited school?  Do not want to waste time and money barking up the wrong tree.  Is it costly? ...

MT Considering Coding/billing Training
Mar 13, 2014

I have been an MT for seven years and for the most part do enjoy the work, but find the "feast or famine" nature of the work difficult to make a decent living.  I will soon be divorced and won't have my husband's income to help support the house.  I have been thinking about training for medical coding and/or billing and am looking into different online courses.  I was considering a bundled course at MedicalBillingCourse.com.  Has anyone completed this course an ...

BILLING AND CODING To My Resume
Mar 30, 2014

I have been transcribing for over 20 years and would like to add billing and coding to my resume.  I have heard Penn Foster is a good online school that is accredited.  Any thoughts to help me make a decision? ...

Coding/billing School
Apr 26, 2014

I am wanting to go into billinig/coding.  There is a tech school very close to my home. They have coding/billing  program  which takes 1 year to complete full time.  I am wondering this:  How much does a newbie make just starting out in either billing or coding and what are my chances of getting a newbie job right out of school?  Thanks for the info. ...