A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT seminar - broke MT

Posted: May 06, 2011

On hold today with my son's doctor's office, had a local radio station on and half caught a commercial for one of those "Come to this hotel to learn about becoming a medical transcriptionist."  Did not get the whole thing but was thinking I should turn on the station and listen until I hear it again then show up and wait outside for people to show up with a sign that says "Learn all about the medical transcription field for free!"  I used to love my job but it's been 10 days since I've had any work on my "full time" job and only had about 4 hours of work on my weekend job last week, glad my husband has a good job!  Someone else will have my job soon enough and s/he is welcome to it, I'll be back in school trying to learn something outside of the medical field, I'm done!

Don't do it for free! - Charge 1/2 the seminar cost

[ In Reply To ..]
The kind of fast-easy-money people who would go to that seminar would jump to the half-price offer right quick.

Cash only, chumps!

Similar Messages:

Radio Ad For An MT Seminar Promising
Sep 20, 2011

better wages than most people make (yeah right - maybe 10 years ago!), set your own hours (ha ha!) and every weekend off (how many MTSOs really let you do that!). I am tempted to attend just to see how bad they lead these people on.  ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

RE: The "Care Quality" Seminar I Had To Take -
Jan 27, 2015

(this is said sarcastically, as I only have 15 years' experience and who I am referring to ahead has quite a bit more and was in the same seminar).....There was a lady (name starts with R) in the seminar who, rightly so, didn't believe she deserved to be there and was obviously a bit upset.  She went on to tell the host that she has 60 years' experience in MT (I guess that makes her at least 80?) and a bachelor's degree in English.  She was upset that her ...