A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

IC's and invoice - 1mt

Posted: May 13, 2011

For those of you who are IC's, how long do you keep your invoices after you have been paid? 

forever - cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
My invoices are sent via email, so it is an electronic record that I keep on my computer. Of course, I have been told exactly how my invoice has to look and be set up by the office I type for. I totally disagree, as their name is on the top, not mine. I have been told if my invoice does not look exactly the way the format that they gave me, I will not be paid and totally disagree, but need to be paid. I tried to tell them that if you go to a store and order something over the Internet, the invoice you get with it has the company name on top, not the business name. I can not walk into PetSmart and tell them I want my name at the top not theirs, othewise, I will not pay for the service or item I got! Am I wrong for this reasoning. I am an IC and feel like I get treated like an employee with none of the pay or benefits!

Similar Messages:

IC Invoice Template
Nov 26, 2012

For my fellow IC's out there, does anyone have a template for an invoice, or a link as to how I can find one. I've usually done my own billing before, but my counting program in my other computer did all of this for me. Now I have to create one, and have no idea where to go or what to do. Thanks for all your help! psw ...

Submitting An IC Invoice
Mar 26, 2014

My last MT job was as an employee, and I will be starting a new job as an IC soon.  It will be my first time so I'm looking for helpful MTs and their instructions on how to do this.  I will be working on the Emdat program.  Is there an easy way to copy the log from that platform and submit those numbers on the invoice? How often do I submit an invoice, and is there a software program suggested? Thanks in advance!  ...

Charge For Invoice Prep
Jan 01, 2011

I am an IC. Just told must invoice company I have been with for 5 years, with lines per day, cpl, etc. Do I charge for this and if so how much? Never had to do this before. ...

Best Way To Invoice For Billing? Need Advice!!
Mar 12, 2011

Need advice on best way to go about invoicing - I'm used to being an employee and now I'm an IC. Kinda clueless! Help?! PLEASE?? ...

MT Stars Invoice Generator
Aug 29, 2012

I have Windows 7 and tried downloading an invoice generator I found on this site, but it just created a mess on my computer! Does anyone know what link to use to get this generator? I ised it on an old computer I no longer own and I am having trouble getting the generator correctly downloaded.  Any advice/assistance would be great! Thanks! ...

Line Count/invoice Software For IC
Jan 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good line counting/invoice software to use with Microsoft Word for independent contractors?  Thanks. ...

MTStars FlashCount & Invoice Generator
Aug 12, 2010

Does anyone know where I can find a good clean download of this program?  I have tried going to the mtstars.com website to the download site & after I hit the download button & then tell it to run, it comes back and says "Error in compressed file-bad CRC"--have tried numerous times.  Can't find anywhere else to download it from.  I had to wipe out my hard drive & reinstall everything & I really want to get this program back on there.  Help!! ...

How To Type Up An INVOICE For The Clinic I Work For
Nov 23, 2010

I am a new transcriptionist working from home for a local clinic.  I am getting paid 13 cents per line based on a 65 character line (including spaces) and am typing this thru Microsoft Word Office 2007. It shows the line count and character count at the bottom of the page in a box I can open up.  Do I just take what the line count says it is and that is my line count for that document? Or do I need to divide the character count w/spaces by 65 for the line count?  Second question.. ...

The World's Longest Invoice - Freelancer's Union
Apr 27, 2012

Hmmmm:       Freelancers have long been the envy of cubicle-trapped office workers. From the flexible hours to escaping mundane office politics, there's a lot to love about operating solo. Yet, one major downfall that almost every freelancer experiences is unpaid invoices. The fact of the matter is that if a self-employed freelancer gets shortchanged, the cost of taking the issue to court is often greater than what the bill is worth. But now freelancers are joining ...

Line Counting Software And Invoice Generator
Oct 11, 2014

Looking for a line counting software program that also generates invoices.  I used to use Abacus SE but it is not compatible with Windows 8 or Word 2013.  What do you use for a Windows 8 computer?  Thanks.  ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Count Software With Invoice Capability
Nov 23, 2009

Can anyone recommend a line count software with invoice capability? What does anyone think about Michelle Miller’s Line Counter and Invoice Program 2.0? Thnaks for the help guys.   ...

Need Help! Starting Business. Need A Decent Line Count/invoice
Jan 04, 2015

Line count and invoice software that would be compatible with Word 2003.  Ideas?  THANKS!!  Free is always good, but I'll pay a bit if need be. ...