A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I don't mind "nit-picking" QAs, but... - sm

Posted: Mar 22, 2012

when several QAs and TLs can't agree on how things are to be done and contradict each other, I don't appreciate the nit picking so much.  The client wants things a certain way, so they need to get it together and quit contradicting each other and making my job as an MT difficult.   vent over...

Gaaaa! I can so relate to that! The left hand - doesnt know what right is doing.

[ In Reply To ..]
especially at Acusis

Nitpicking QA - Deewee

[ In Reply To ..]
AND so typical for majority of MTSOs I've worked at...

and of course too many cooks.... - Deewee

[ In Reply To ..]
in the kitchen...

Huge reason I quit my last place.. - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the queen of CYA and saving emails. The MTSO I worked at last docked you 0.02 per line if your stuff she felt (there were no formal guidelines) needed too much QA. They would make up different rules and insist you should have the email, i.e., Dr. Danny Smith was ALWAYS to be transcribed as Dr. Daniel Smith, but then QA would say "no it's DANNY this time" I could pull up an email showing the instruction. Or like UMC was always to be expanded to University Regional Medical Center nd be told "no it's UMC." Stuff like that for FIVE FREAKING YEARS. I swear I spent probably 1 hour a week going through email to prove that the right hand couldn't tell what the left hand was doing.

I really think that's why she's lost 80% of her staff in a few months within the time I left. A few of us finally talked and realized that it wasn't just us.

Similar Messages:

ASR Now Picking Up
Mar 13, 2013

and recording it as 5th 5th 5th 5th 5th.  Quit breathing so loud!! ...

Well, I'm Doing It Again, Cherry Picking
Feb 16, 2010

Because earlier this morning I transcribed a job where the dictator was absolutely flipping his s**t about some of his reports not coming out exactly the way he wants them. He went on and on, in a very condescending tone, as if I were a first-grader who belonged in the "slower class." I took the time to transcribe his rant verbatim into an e-mail which went to my supervisor, my leads, as well as the QA team, with the request that someone please look over the report to make sure I had done my pa ...

Picking The Right School
Mar 16, 2010

I am trying to find a school to get a medical transcription certification. There seem to be so many, but Penn Foster's seems the most affordable. To anyone with experience/knowledge is this a good school that will enable me to find work once completed? ...

WHAT IS QA NIT-PICKING & OVER-EDITING?
Mar 23, 2012

What is QA "nit-picking & over-editing?" Are the demands for perfection in what is now considered a low payscale & wage unrealistic and exploitive to workers? Looking for all feedback & thank you in advance for any input.   ...

Seems Like Some Cherry Picking Was Going On...
Apr 09, 2012

I don't know what else could have explained it.  I work at Transcend and got on this evening to work and had 3 reports staring at me first in my q that were from a hard dictator and were STATs that had been OUT OF TAT since 10-11 AM this morning.  It would appear they had been skipped all day.  I don't know how because I don't know how to cherry pick if I wanted to.  Have never tried to.  It isn't fair to other MTs.  How else could it have happen ...

Cherry Picking???
Nov 05, 2012

Today there was a memo regarding cherry picking.  How can we be cherry picking in DQS?  The CMT says that she knows who is doing it.  That we are logging in and out to get our favorite dictators.  I didn't know it was possible to do this.  ...

Is Work Picking Up For Anyone?
Mar 28, 2013

Does it seem that work is picking up for you or not. I heard this week it is slow because of spring break, ha ha ...

Cherry Picking--What To Do? (sm)
Jul 31, 2013

Cherry Picking
Dec 07, 2014

I have a question. On my account I type a few notes a week, rest is all VR. So, when I see typed notes in my que, I may not take lunch or something so I can hurry up and get that note. I can type almost as fast as I can edit. My problem is this. At a certain time of day, someone comes on their shift and picks out all the typed notes and leaves me the VR. They also take good speakers. I see it ALOT. How do they do this? Can I block it? It's happened so much that now I check ...

Selective Picking
Mar 27, 2015

They wonder WHY so many have quit ???? I know they know what is going on, it is everywhere, many emails complaining about it, this board, other boards.  One thing is certain, sooner or later, the ones that are "in charge" and those that selectively chose which jobs to complete and get away with it because of favoritism, will have to do them all because more are close to quitting.  So tired of the dishonesty here.  I have had it!  I would rather pick food with the chickens th ...

Further Indications Of Cherry-picking
Apr 08, 2012

One of the absolute WORST dictators from my accounts had a gazillion jobs in the queue this morning, all about the same time stamp (must have been downloaded all at once). I started slogging through them, and after a couple hour,s noticed that his backlog was moving a lot faster.  Soon, no more jobs from him were coming into my queue, and I was getting jobs from other doctors. I went to lunch, came back, and lo and behold, a couple of jobs from this doctor, now about 3 or 4 hours older.&nbs ...

To Those Complaining Of Cherry Picking
Apr 09, 2012

and really horrible dictation - what area are you in?  I'm in the West and doing the worst crap I have ever come across.  ...

Cherry-picking Email.
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't think cherry picking was even possible at Nuance.  I like the idea of cutting cherry pickers off at the knees though.   However, I am pretty sure the real cherry picking is sending all of the easy stuff to India and leaving us with the difficult work types and dictators.  ...

99.6 Is Going To Encourage More Cherry Picking
Jun 04, 2013

I CAN'T STAND CHERRY PICKING
Nov 06, 2013

There's major cherry pcking going on at my job and there's nothing I can do about it and it makes me soooo mad that I'm considering finding a new job.  The "best work" is being funneled to one MT and it's so not fair to the rest of the staff.  To MTSO's - Would you rather have 1 happy MT or a staff full of happy MTs????  Doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Cherry Picking At Synernet???
Jan 16, 2014

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with rarely ever getting to work on your primary account because you can really rack up some lines on it, only to be given crappy thick accented dictators?  The reason I ask, is if work has been slow, then why are the dictations I have been getting in the evening shifts been dictated at 9 and 10 in the a.m.?  Shouldn't those have been done during the day shift?  I don't know how much more I can take of this place!!! ...

How Cherry-picking MTs Benefit Me.
Feb 07, 2014

On 1 account that I work on, there are a couple of dictators who are the worst of the worst.  They actually should be reported to their superiors.  Many times each day, these reports are downloaded by MTs who simply return them and rather have no work than try to decipher what these idiots spew out.  I admit they are very difficult and many times impossible, as I see where QA returns them to the client with blanks, even after additional ears have given a listen. What I have done ...

Cherry Picking Is Wrong
Oct 07, 2014

Cherry picking is wrong no matter how you look at  it.  That being said, I believe very strongly that being paid by productivity fosters that very thing!  People who are desparate to make a living sometimes resort to doing things that they would not normally do.  Add to that the fact that apparently some MTSOs PUNISH employees who do not meet minimum productivity requirements!!  When did we start treating medical transcription like factory work???!!!  I FIRMLY THINK THAT WE NEED TO BE PA ...

Thanks For The Hack Job Cherry Picking You Left Me
Sep 02, 2012

Just do your job like the rest of us,,nothing like a fellow worker that dumps crap on you. ...

Well I Thought Work Was Picking Up For Me But I Was Wrong! Sm
Jan 30, 2013

For the 1st time  in quite a while a actually got all my hours in yesterday and thought, Okay the slump is finally over...I was wrong.  I am 2 hours into my shift today and have had nothing.  You all are talking about being asked to change shifts, well I am not getting any work on even Saturdays anymore.  I have (with permission) clocked on in the evenings to make up some time and still no work.  I will not change my schedule.  When I asked my abbreviation why my ac ...

The Discussions On Cherry Picking Have Been Very Eye Opening. This Industry
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

TT--told Several Times Cherry Picking Does Not Happen.
Jun 13, 2011

I have all 8 hours worth of ESLs too.  Hey, check my number gladly...it surely is not a FAV number by any means.  Had a great account.  One day I got a call to get off because the supervisor wanted it!  Was taken off completely and now the entire account is gone.  The programs are such that they can block off a whole grouping and assign it to one person.  They think because you don't see the manager as they do, you are stupid.  But I guess we are for work ...

Know With Certainty Supervisor Is Cherry Picking Jobs.
Feb 25, 2014

Whenever I'm working and she is off, the incoming jobs are typical good, bad and indifferent with alternating different dictators, which is okay, just the usual. But, when she is working, there is nothing but bottom of the barrel crappola dictators, with no rotation until one is done dictating it's block and then another lousy one comes on with another huge block of blah blah crap. Never a good one in the bunch - unless, of course, she is gone. Coincidence? I think not. ...

Employer Picking And Choosing Which Bennies To Give Me
Mar 10, 2014

I've been working for these people for 7 months as a full-time employee.  I have recently changed careers in the medical field and the administrator knows this and he knows i am searching for a job in my new career, which he supported me in.  It's time to order uniforms for the office staff (they provide 4 sets) and he tells me he wants me to write a letter stating that I am not leaving or searching for another job before he orders my uniforms because he does not want to pay ...

To The 1 Person Cherry-picking On My Primary Account
Dec 12, 2014

You know who you are, and I know who you are.  I have been watching you do this for months now.  Whether you realize it or not, while you are playing this game, switching back and forth from VR and typing, logging off and logging on depending on the dictators, you are causing a decrease in my production.  You have been around long enough to know if there are numerous reports in typing from yesterday, you should not be on VR doing the easy reports dictated just an hour ago tod ...

I'm Going Out Of My Mind!
Feb 03, 2014

Seriously, I honestly do not know what is going on in the western region.  It wouldn't be so bad if there was just no work in my BOB and I could ask for more back up accounts from other BOB but the whole western region is out of work!  It was the same way over the weekend, isn't there usually work on the weekends?  I'm a single mom and can't afford to take it off with no pay - I REALLY NEED THIS INCOME so I'm stuck taking it out of my PTO but I won't ...

Never Mind....
Oct 18, 2014

x ...

Learn From My Mistake About Picking A Good Coding Program
Jan 20, 2012

I am in my last semester of an HIT program at my local community college.  This program is accredited through CAHIIM.  I actually found this program on the AHIMA website as an approved AHIMA coding program and was so excited that it was in my hometown.  Well, almost two years later and $4000 in student debt, I still have no idea how to code.  Sure, I'm great at Math 101 and English 101 and my anatomy is amazing, but I have no idea how to code.  One class that I have ...

Who In Their Right Mind Will Be Sending Anything To QA?
Mar 19, 2010

Are they kidding?  Who is going to be sending ANYTHING to QA and take a chance of having their pay cut? Especially if it's the beginning of the work week! Yes, the clients will be getting blanks and I know they will be complaining.  The Q keeps sending us e-mails telling us to cut down on QA submissions. Are they kidding? No amount of "tips" will help if the dictator mumbles, sneezes, is ESL, etc. Don't they think we know all the "tricks" already? Besides that, we can't ...

An Idle Mind
Jul 27, 2010

Okay, I just started my first job with an MTSO, and now I'm looking at an empty queue. This is the same running-out-of-work scenario that has been following me for the past 6 years, everywhere I go. Three on-site jobs have gone down the tubes because the clinics/hospitals were "streamlining" with VR, and making their remaining employees more "efficient." Every time this happens, I promise myself: Will retrain, will find a new line of work. This is a dying field. Every time, somethin ...