A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm currently doing nearly real-time reports and not a single dictator... - On-the-clock anon ;-)

Posted: Jun 28, 2012

is able to finish a complete sentence without losing their thought or incessantly repeating themselves because they keep losing their place.  It's getting annoying.  I've done about a 1/2 dozen reports so far and NOT ONE has been just a normal dictation.  I'm wondering if all these doctors are unable to focus on the task at hand because of what is going on in Washington right now or if it's just a fluke.  I mean, I have never encountered anything like this from all these otherwise great dictators.
:-/

Same here, I have very distracted dictators too - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Except I have been noticing this for a couple of weeks now. It's become very noticeable, especially with my dictators who are usually very good. They seem to be distracted and lose their train of thought easily.

And they also seem to be "mis-speaking" a lot...saying one word when they obviously mean another. I had one dictator yesterday, one who is always very good, say that they would "increase the Crestor for the elevated blood pressure and increase the Coreg for the elevated lipids."

I don't know why it's happening so much lately, but I just thought I'd let you know that I've been seeing the same thing too.

Similar Messages:

Well, It's Real Now. 3 Cents Docked On Reports Sent To QA For 4 New
Mar 08, 2012

I just cannot do this.   I lose pay because I read specs and utilize QA trying to do a good job for the client. I sure hope some job offers come through soon.  Just don't know how long mentally I can work for this company.  It is as horrible a place as I had heard. You have to go to Utilipro and pay details to see your actual line rate.  If you have MTQA or SRQA showing on your pay stub itself as a category, welcome to M*Modal. You just lost some ...

I Have One Dictator Whose Reports Always Have A Bunch Of Blanks In Them
Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA! ...

Dictator And Past Reports Lookup
Apr 21, 2010

Has somthing changed on how we get into dictator and past reports lookup? I just came back from vacation and cannot access this feature on DocQmanage the way I have always done using employee number.dep, etc. Anyone else having a problem? ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

Comments On Dictator Input/swiss Cheese Reports
May 09, 2012

Does anyone from *Quality* ever question the dictator input? Have any of you higher-ups ever actually listened to what is being put into your high-tech systems you pay so much for? Is it any wonder that *Experienced* MTs leave blanks in reports? I've been in this field for a loooong time and some days I am appalled by what comes through my headphones. I don't believe some dictators even know the English alphabet (evidenced by attempts at spelling, even when reading from a report). I w ...

An ESL Funny -- Or Not -- In Real Time
Oct 03, 2014

I'm taking an intermediate algebra class at my local community college.  We have an Indian instructor.  He is not fresh off the plane and is usually understandable.  He was trying to pay the class a compliment yesterday as we were doing cubed something or other and were struggling.  He said, "If you're in this class, you are short."  People in the class tried to clarify:  "We're short?"  Then somebody in the class (not me) finally interpreted wha ...

Am I Actually Failing Every Single Time They Check
Jul 15, 2014

Or do they just notify me of the failures? ...

Medical Benefits - What The Deductible Is For A Single Individual, Full-time
May 02, 2010

Hi, Someone was kind eough to answer a question regarding health benefits for me, but I forgot to ask what the deductible is for a single individual, full-time.  I would appreciate this if anyone knows!   ...

Really Short Reports - Worth My Time?
Dec 14, 2012

I'm an IC and don't make a great line rate (9 cents/line) but I'm fast and my doctors are easy so it works out to a fairly good rate/hour.  My question is I've recently been given a new account with a doc who does reports that are on average only 20 seconds long.  I have to cross-reference the day sheets to find the spelling of the patients' names, as well as look up the referring doctors' addresses, etc.  I can't stand doing these reports as you ...

I've Been Keeping Track Of The Time It Takes To Do ASR Reports.
Jan 04, 2013

Rarely are they taking 1/2 the time of straight typing. The majority are taking at least as long as it would to straight type and some more time. This is all due to the number of corrections and punctation and formatting I have to do! ...

I Try To Stay Positive, But Every Time I Get One Of These Awful VR Reports Sm
Jun 08, 2014

I hate Synernet more and more. I know that I have to accept VR, but WHY do I have to be forced to use such a cruddy bunch of software. It doesn't learn anything. I have had to practically re-type the whole report and then get the "honor" of only being paid 4 cpl for it. If the higher ups were forced to endure this, I would bet some changes would be made fast, quick, and in a hurry. ...

First Time Right Sucks When There Are No Reports To Look Up On "NEW" Accounts
Oct 05, 2010

:( ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Single Mommies
Oct 19, 2011

I just want to send a message to all you hard-working, single mommies out there. I was in your shoes and had to make a living doing transcription to support my young family. I want you all to know I admire you, and I know how hard it is to do what you do, especially with the changing times in our career. When I read your posts, it breaks my mommy heart all you single moms giving so much of themselves to support their families. Let's not forget these mommies still ne ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Every Single Doctor
Sep 17, 2012

has been eating and chomping and slurping and slobbering and mucking up every single report.  Hour into my shift and I have a throbbing headache.  Not to mention the middle eastern $%@# who is listening to the top ten favorite hits from his satellite arab radio station, cymbals and banging and whirling and clacking.  ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...

Is DQS Being Real SLOW For Anyone Else?
Apr 05, 2011

I've had trouble logging in and uploading this morning.  Anyone else? ...

Will The Real Sm Please Stand Up?
Sep 09, 2011

I'm getting confused.  I read a post by "sm," and she (?)  comes across as even-tempered in style and conservative in viewpoint.   I read another post by "sm," and she (?) comes across as angry and argumentative with a liberal viewpoint.   Either "sm" has a split personality or there are 2 people using the same name.  Can we clear this up so we know who we're actually speaking to? ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Real Work?
Feb 04, 2013

Does anyone know of any smaller, family-owned transcription agencies?  I honestly don't think any of these companies who advertise are a placed you would want to call home.  I have been in transcription for many years, have tested for many of these companies and never get a call back.  So not sure what they are looking for, etc.  I guess the smaller companies have been gobbled up by the bigger companies.  ...

LET'S BE HONEST, REAL?
Feb 16, 2014

Every morning starts with a FIESA Email of some ridiculous mistake like: MEDICATIONS: (Oh my God, you left off "Include") 1. Blah 2. Blah 3. Half the medications are wrong, numbers are wrong, etc. Then if you contest it, they say you were endangering the patient. (Really, leaving off the word "includes" is endangering the patient?) ANYWAY, IF THEY WERE TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE PATIENT'S LIVES THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF A HORRID, INCAPABLE, PIECE OF ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...