A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How to type up an INVOICE for the clinic I work for - Christina

Posted: Nov 23, 2010

I am a new transcriptionist working from home for a local clinic.  I am getting paid 13 cents per line based on a 65 character line (including spaces) and am typing this thru Microsoft Word Office 2007. It shows the line count and character count at the bottom of the page in a box I can open up.  Do I just take what the line count says it is and that is my line count for that document? Or do I need to divide the character count w/spaces by 65 for the line count?  Second question...does anyone have an example of an invoice that I can go by to make out my invoice for the clinic for my lines typed? And they are also requiring some sort of "proof" of my line counts. How would I provide that? Any help is much appreciated!!! Need this by tomorrow if possible.

you can google 'invoice samples' and find tons to check out. - hope helps. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Line counting software - Free Trial

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Sylcount Line Counting Software. It will count your lines, calculate your $$ total based on the settings you set, and put it in report or invoice format that you can submit to your client. It will count one document or multiple documents. It is super simple to use.

Sylcount offers a free trial so you can check it out and see how it works before deciding to purchase.

If you decide to buy, the download is something like $40 for the "lines-only" version - which is what I use for three different clinic accounts and is just fine .. don't need the "Gold" version.

The accuracy and time saved is well worth the minimal investment.

This should be "proof" enough for your client as well. The only other way I think they could really "prove" is to count it themselves.

http://www.sylvansoft.com/sylcount.htm

Line counter - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Your count should be based on whatever your contract says you would count by, gross line, Word count, or 65 character with/without spaces, etc. When I was checking out the different counters out there I found that Sylcount actually shorted me lines. Most of the others also have a free trial, Practicount, Abacus, etc. Try them all and decide which is best for you. Each have slightly different options and differing ease of use.

Invoice - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, you just need to design a template that you use each week, which is what I did. I imagine there are some templates you could get from the microsoft website.

Anyway, I just made my own.

Name of company or your name
address
phone number

Invoice date:
Lines transcribed:
Rate per line:
Total:

If they need proof, you would either have to list each report you do with the line count or perhaps lines per day or whatever you and your client work out. On mine, it was one report name per day. I typed all reports under that report name with a page break in between them and a separate sheet with the line count for that day. Then every other week, which is what my billing cycle was, I would send the invoice with the report number for each day along with the line count for that day, then the total at the bottom and multiplied it by line rate to get grand total due. They can check the line counts if they want per day by selecting all and clicking line count. I don't know if there is really a standard template for this.

I use Abacus. You can set how the lines - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
are to be typed and it will create an invoice with character count and line count in columns and total them up for you of all the reports you have transcribed. Then at the bottom I just multiply the cpl by the line count and put that as the total owed.

Line counter - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I thought I posted this but it I don't see it. I use the MTstars Flashcount invoice generator software...it's free.

Line count - Christina

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much Angie! Do I find that on this website?

That's where I found it - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
I will look around and see if I can see it and send you the link. But, it should be on this website somewhere.

here is the link - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.mtstars.com/FlashCount/

Similar Messages:

IC's And Invoice
May 13, 2011

For those of you who are IC's, how long do you keep your invoices after you have been paid?  ...

IC Invoice Template
Nov 26, 2012

For my fellow IC's out there, does anyone have a template for an invoice, or a link as to how I can find one. I've usually done my own billing before, but my counting program in my other computer did all of this for me. Now I have to create one, and have no idea where to go or what to do. Thanks for all your help! psw ...

Submitting An IC Invoice
Mar 26, 2014

My last MT job was as an employee, and I will be starting a new job as an IC soon.  It will be my first time so I'm looking for helpful MTs and their instructions on how to do this.  I will be working on the Emdat program.  Is there an easy way to copy the log from that platform and submit those numbers on the invoice? How often do I submit an invoice, and is there a software program suggested? Thanks in advance!  ...

Charge For Invoice Prep
Jan 01, 2011

I am an IC. Just told must invoice company I have been with for 5 years, with lines per day, cpl, etc. Do I charge for this and if so how much? Never had to do this before. ...

Best Way To Invoice For Billing? Need Advice!!
Mar 12, 2011

Need advice on best way to go about invoicing - I'm used to being an employee and now I'm an IC. Kinda clueless! Help?! PLEASE?? ...

MT Stars Invoice Generator
Aug 29, 2012

I have Windows 7 and tried downloading an invoice generator I found on this site, but it just created a mess on my computer! Does anyone know what link to use to get this generator? I ised it on an old computer I no longer own and I am having trouble getting the generator correctly downloaded.  Any advice/assistance would be great! Thanks! ...

Line Count/invoice Software For IC
Jan 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good line counting/invoice software to use with Microsoft Word for independent contractors?  Thanks. ...

MTStars FlashCount & Invoice Generator
Aug 12, 2010

Does anyone know where I can find a good clean download of this program?  I have tried going to the mtstars.com website to the download site & after I hit the download button & then tell it to run, it comes back and says "Error in compressed file-bad CRC"--have tried numerous times.  Can't find anywhere else to download it from.  I had to wipe out my hard drive & reinstall everything & I really want to get this program back on there.  Help!! ...

The World's Longest Invoice - Freelancer's Union
Apr 27, 2012

Hmmmm:       Freelancers have long been the envy of cubicle-trapped office workers. From the flexible hours to escaping mundane office politics, there's a lot to love about operating solo. Yet, one major downfall that almost every freelancer experiences is unpaid invoices. The fact of the matter is that if a self-employed freelancer gets shortchanged, the cost of taking the issue to court is often greater than what the bill is worth. But now freelancers are joining ...

Line Counting Software And Invoice Generator
Oct 11, 2014

Looking for a line counting software program that also generates invoices.  I used to use Abacus SE but it is not compatible with Windows 8 or Word 2013.  What do you use for a Windows 8 computer?  Thanks.  ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Count Software With Invoice Capability
Nov 23, 2009

Can anyone recommend a line count software with invoice capability? What does anyone think about Michelle Miller’s Line Counter and Invoice Program 2.0? Thnaks for the help guys.   ...

Need Help! Starting Business. Need A Decent Line Count/invoice
Jan 04, 2015

Line count and invoice software that would be compatible with Word 2003.  Ideas?  THANKS!!  Free is always good, but I'll pay a bit if need be. ...

Clinic Going VR With EHR
May 10, 2011

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed over and over - I'm just starting to research it a bit.  (I haven't completely been under a rock but I have been in my own happy little world with my job ... until now).  I'm an IC transcriptionist (working from home) for a local clinic of 15 MDs/PAs.   Three of them are using Dragon Speak  VR  with EHR.  A fourth one just started.  What I want to know is if there is a place for me when m ...

What Is The Best Way To Go After Your Own Little Clinic Account?
Nov 13, 2010

My company just lost a huge account.  Since then I have not made much money at all.  I am scraping to get by.  After 10 years in the medical transcription field I am fed up.  I have always worked on such great accounts for good money.  Now, I cannot find something that is even average pay.  I am going to be taking a medical coding course; however, I still need to provide for my three kids.  I want to go out and solicit doctors and try to secure my own account, ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...

Clinic Transcription
Mar 27, 2012

I am looking for clinic transcription.  Can anyone give a list of companies to try that have a lot of clinic transcription. ...

Nuance Took Over My Clinic
Dec 10, 2012

I just found out today when I had no work with my smaller company that Nuance took over all the work starting today.  I found out they knew about it 2 months ago and didn't tell us.  I am waiting on the contact information from the original clinic manager at the doctor's office so hopefully we can go with our work.  Has anyone else had this happen and if so how good are the chances of just going with Nuance.  At this point I just need the work.    Thank ...

Been Doing Clinic My Whole MT Career...
Jul 05, 2013

I've been doing clinic my whole six-year MT career. Now since there are not that many clinic transcription jobs anymore, I'd like to learn acute. But of course, all the acute ads say they want experience. I'm confident that I can pass some of the acute care job tests. Are some employers open to giving you an acute care job if you do well on the test, having no actual job experience in it? I went to a good school and am confident in my abilities. What has been your experience in th ...

My Clinic Just Went To EHR With EClinicalworks
Sep 13, 2013

Am I now out of a job or is there a place for transcription with this program?  Anybody have an idea of what to expect?  ...

There Goes Cleveland Clinic
Sep 18, 2013

wonder how many MTs this includes? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/18/us-usa-health-clevelandclinic-idUSBRE98H14V20130918 ...

Overflow Clinic MT
Sep 19, 2013

No idea who that ad on the Job Seekers board is from (Tracy in Lousiana, but no company name). Am I the only one who wondered if the "overflow" 1 to 2 days a week is some atrocious dictator that the person running the ad doesn't want to have to endure? I never thought of farming out the bad dictators when I had my own accounts.  I just did the worst ones first and got them out of the way.   Anyway, not saying that's what the poster is doing but thought it *would* be an int ...

Clinic Note
Oct 27, 2014

Are there any companies out there who do not do clinic notes?  I am so tired of little reports that you cannot get any lines on and continually jumping from one clinic to another.  Give me back op reports and I will be so happy.  Does any company do the basic 4 anymore? ...

Mayo Clinic
Apr 15, 2015

Does anyone currently work at Mayo Clinic doing transcription? Wondering how the work is and if there are a lot of ESL doctors. I am not talking about the subsideries in WI, MN where they outsourced to Amphion last year. I am talking about Mayo Clniic in Rochester. Thank you in advance for any info.  ...

Capitalize Headache Clinic
Feb 01, 2010

woman with a long history of chronic daily headaches, failure of multiple treatments with a visit to the headache clinic of Michigan.   I am thinking--if it were The Michigan Headache Clinic then it would be capital?     ...

Question About Clinic Work
Apr 10, 2010

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but....I have been an MT for 20 years doing ER, Radiology and Basic 4.  I'm thinking of taking a job doing Clinic work.  I'm used to lots of lines with ERs and Basic 4, but I was just wondering if you can get enough lines and make enough money doing Clinic work? ...

Clinic Notes = No Money?
Apr 16, 2010

I lost my primary accounts recently and was switched to an account where most of the jobs are really short clinic-type notes (less than a minute).  This pay period, my paycheck will be over $200 less than it was when I had my primary accounts, and I'm barely making my minimum line counts.  I've been doing this job for a long time and have always had really good line counts before.  I've been feely really down in the dumps like maybe I've just kind of lost ...

Any Clinic MTs Try For An Acute Care Job...
Jun 04, 2010

And get hired? Opportunites are limited with clinic work, which is all I have experience with, but nobody will give me a chance. Should I apply for acute care positions anyway? Anyone MTs who only did clinic work have any stories about breaking into it? ...

Acquiring Clinic Account Of My Own
Aug 09, 2010

I just wanted to know if someone could tell me how to get an account of my own, (preferably clinic, something small). I have worked for large companies but now would like to check into getting an account of my own. Can someone please explain to me how to do this as I would appreciate it very much. Hope to hear from you soon! ...

I Just Have To Gripe. I Work On This Clinic, Sm
Dec 23, 2010

with 1 other girl, and then the QA girl types on this clinic also.  I still have not figured this out.  We keep the work caught up and this QA girl gets on there and types with us when there is nothing to type.  I mean there can be 10 jobs there and she will get on to help us type 10 jobs.  My company makes me type any other clinic that is behind and this being the holiday, we have been given an extra 45-50 jobs to type from other clinics and the QA girl is nowhere to be seen ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...