A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone tried the HandEze gloves? - kiki

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

Apparently they are fingerless gloves made of something called Med-a-Likra. 

Supposedly they "massage" your wrists as you work.  They just look like Isotoner gloves. 

I was hoping someone has used these and has an opinion on them before I shell out the 20

bux.   Thanks! :)

where do you get them? - tabby

[ In Reply To ..]
think they will keep my fingers/hands warm? I have a heating problem in my house!

Tabby, see inside for link to website....... - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.handeze.com/plus.htm

I just found these. They aren't exactly cheap and you have to buy 2 as it isn't sold in pairs, but apparently you can heat up the little pillow that rests on your wrist.

thanks bunches!!! - tabby

[ In Reply To ..]
I have wrist problems too so if this will keep my hands warm and help my wrists then why not buy them!

Hand-Eze - Birdylove

[ In Reply To ..]

I've been using them for about 8 years now. Wouldn't dream of working without them. In fact, my fingers just seem to want to slop all over the keyboard if I'm not wearing them, even when just doing email! Smile  

The bummer is that I've never been able to find them sold as a pair and have always had to buy 2 separate gloves.  I usually go through 2 or 3 pairs a year.  I also discovered rather quickly that turning them inside out helped to avoid irritation and compression from the seams.

Hope this helps ya!

Thanks! See message........ - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I did notice that the Handeze Plus are sold singly, this one:

http://www.handeze.com/plus.htm

The regular ones you can buy in pairs, but this Plus version has the little pillow that you can heat or chill. Those look even better!

Again, thanks for your reply...I'm going to give these a try.

Gloves - NorCalMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a pair and they are quite helpful with occasional wrist/hand pain. Can get them a little under $20 at Walgreen's or similar discount pharmacies.

Here ya go - cheap - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
You can get them at americarx.com for less than $8.00. Careful - they come in sizes.

Gloves - Just passing through

[ In Reply To ..]
I use SoftFlex gloves. I tried HandEze and they are okay, but I like the SoftFlex better because they seem to give better support for me and they don't make my wrists sweat in the summertime like the HandEze did. They are very durable, been using the same pair for 3 years, and they allow me to type all day pain-free. I think HandEze is cheaper than SoftFlex though.

Thanks. I've tried the SoftFlex gloves.... - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
In fact I have a pair around here somewhere....but they didn't seem to give me enough support, although I guess maybe I could have had a pair that were too big. My wrists are pretty small.

The ad for the HandEze says they "massage" your wrists. Having used them, what do you think? Do they really massage or just support your wrists?

Gloves - Just passing through

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they did sort of in the way they felt when typing. They felt a lot different than wearing the SoftFlex, but definitely I did not feel they gave the same support as the SoftFlex and came up too high on my arms for comfort. They may have been too tight. I do know a couple of MTs who have tendinitis who love them though and have tried both, so you might give them a try as they are cheaper than the SoftFlex. I think it is one of those things where everyone is different and you have to try it yourself. I know I cannot type painlessly for very long without wearing something, so trying new gloves is worth the investment to find something that works.

I never have, but I think I'm going - to give them a shot -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
About 3 years ago I had surgery for deQuervain's tenosynovitis on my left wrist. I have also had 2 other surgeries on my left wrist for ganglion cysts. I have had 1 surgery on my right wrist for ganglion cyst removal.

The surgery for the deQuervain's was by far much harder to recover from than the cyst surgeries, and to this day I still have pain in that wrist, especially when typing. I can't even wear a watch on that wrist because the incision site is still tender after all this time. I don't think my left wrist would recover very well at all if I had to have a fourth surgery on it.

I think I'm going to try out at least one of these gloves and see if it helps me out. If it does, I may get another for my right wrist to help prevent any further damage to it as well.

Similar Messages:

Gloves And Keyboards
Sep 21, 2011

I have a two-fold question here.  Has anyone tried the arthritis gloves from transcripotion gear that are designed to keep your hands warm in the winter (sorry to say that awful word but it is coming), and the stiffness when I am cold is very hard to take in terms of speed and loosening up.  Second fold, has anyone tried the mechanical keyboards?  The ones that area not the "soft touch" and actually make a clicking sound?  The only ones I am finding are ones for "gamers" ...

For Those Using Ergo Gloves For Support
Feb 04, 2010

I have been using Handeze and now am looking again, at smartglove and softflex, leaning towards the latter. Anyone care to give their experience, and/or other recommendations?  thanks. ...

Carpal Tunnel Gloves?
Feb 19, 2010

I am starting to have a lot of difficulty with my hands after 24 years of transcribing.  I wake up all night long with pain and tingling in my fingers.  I am pretty sure I have carpal tunnel.  Does anybody wear gloves while they are working to help with carpal tunnel?  If so, what kind and where do you get them?  TIA ...

Gloves For Carpal Tunnel
Apr 15, 2012

Fourth time I've tried to send this post. Apparently it only works in text mode - not rich text mode. I'm trying to identify the fingerless gloves that have 2 wrist pads to protect the median nerve. Does anyone know the name of these gloves??? Thanks! ...

Great Computer Gloves
Sep 25, 2014

If you have carpal tunnel or just want to prevent it, get some SoftFlex computer gloves (available on Amazon for about $27.00). Webmedx back when they were still wonderful sent me mine for Christmas in about 2006. Comfortable to type in and really help to support your wrists. ...

Cold Hands When Typing? Anyone Try Compression Gloves?
Mar 20, 2010

I suffer from terribly cold fingers when I am typing.  My mom suggested compression gloves.  Has anyone ever tried them?Right now I am running a spaceheater pointed at my hands and I am still having to take breaks to warm them up. ...