A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Great computer gloves - Luckyacew1

Posted: Sep 25, 2014

If you have carpal tunnel or just want to prevent it, get some SoftFlex computer gloves (available on Amazon for about $27.00). Webmedx back when they were still wonderful sent me mine for Christmas in about 2006. Comfortable to type in and really help to support your wrists.

Two separate thumbs up - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
One for Webmedx and the other for the gloves - I have had mine for about 15 years going back to when we did all straight typing - I noticed this week that the nylon has finally worn through on my right wrist - maybe time for a new pair?

Wow, these sound nice. I will have to try a pair! nm - Kindred Spirit

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Has Anyone Tried The HandEze Gloves?
Dec 16, 2009

Apparently they are fingerless gloves made of something called Med-a-Likra.  Supposedly they "massage" your wrists as you work.  They just look like Isotoner gloves.  I was hoping someone has used these and has an opinion on them before I shell out the 20 bux.   Thanks! :) ...

Gloves And Keyboards
Sep 21, 2011

I have a two-fold question here.  Has anyone tried the arthritis gloves from transcripotion gear that are designed to keep your hands warm in the winter (sorry to say that awful word but it is coming), and the stiffness when I am cold is very hard to take in terms of speed and loosening up.  Second fold, has anyone tried the mechanical keyboards?  The ones that area not the "soft touch" and actually make a clicking sound?  The only ones I am finding are ones for "gamers" ...

For Those Using Ergo Gloves For Support
Feb 04, 2010

I have been using Handeze and now am looking again, at smartglove and softflex, leaning towards the latter. Anyone care to give their experience, and/or other recommendations?  thanks. ...

Carpal Tunnel Gloves?
Feb 19, 2010

I am starting to have a lot of difficulty with my hands after 24 years of transcribing.  I wake up all night long with pain and tingling in my fingers.  I am pretty sure I have carpal tunnel.  Does anybody wear gloves while they are working to help with carpal tunnel?  If so, what kind and where do you get them?  TIA ...

Gloves For Carpal Tunnel
Apr 15, 2012

Fourth time I've tried to send this post. Apparently it only works in text mode - not rich text mode. I'm trying to identify the fingerless gloves that have 2 wrist pads to protect the median nerve. Does anyone know the name of these gloves??? Thanks! ...

Cold Hands When Typing? Anyone Try Compression Gloves?
Mar 20, 2010

I suffer from terribly cold fingers when I am typing.  My mom suggested compression gloves.  Has anyone ever tried them?Right now I am running a spaceheater pointed at my hands and I am still having to take breaks to warm them up. ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Oh Just Great! NOT No OT Pay For Me.
Mar 03, 2011

I was just informed that, even though I worked OT in my time zone (PST) and before my shift (second shift), their day is in CST, so anything after their midnight (CST) goes to the next day - that days and hours count in CST. Geez, maybe I should be working my shift in CST hours. That could be nice. I would get to start 2 hours earlier and stop at a more decent hour. This stinks like week-old fish, and I'm thinking the Calif EED might look at it a different way! ...

Great Fun Looking For A New FT Job
Oct 30, 2011

because when I find a line rate that is deplorable, I will email them back a scolding message how they should be ashamed of themselves and I would have applied to them but for that. Imagine if we all did that even when not looking for a job. ...

ISN'T V.R. GREAT!!??!!
Sep 01, 2012

I edit radiology V.R. Reports and Had to post this one..This just goes to show you how well V.R. really works. It printed: Patient motion of skiers detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little of L. He said: Patient motion OBSCURES detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little AVAIL. Thank God this doctor knows he needs an editor. Most hospitals are letting the doctors "edit" their own work (which they don't do and just sign the stuff and let it go thru b ...

Great...NJA Now But, Hey!
Apr 17, 2013

cause we are fighting for scraps of work.  I bet whoever's idea that was got a big ol' bonus ...

Great TAT!
May 31, 2013

Wow got an email about how great our TAT is.  Care to wonder why?  I get 1 report, finish that, and then spend the next 5 to 10 minutes pushing that freaking button hoping I get the next job before somebody else does, all the while our TL says how wonderful we all are to keep up that TAT and make her look good.  Yeah she gets the bonus and I go on food stamps, what a wonderful company this is!  ...

Ah, This Would Be Great!
Jul 05, 2013

Just imagine if some of these terrible dictators had to go in and edit to fix their botched up VR reports for a while.  I'm sure it would not take very long before they cleaned up that messy dictation.  :) ...

Another Great Tip
Jul 30, 2013

If you are not sure leave a QA marker....but don't be not sure too many times or we will dock your pay! ...

Thank You OTI -- Really Great To Have NJA At 6 A.m. Nm
Oct 24, 2013

sss ...

Here's A Great Job
Feb 04, 2014

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting, but this is too good to pass up, an Epic abstractor job.  ...

Great Grammar
Nov 14, 2009

It is very interesting to me, now that I have completed the Allied MT course, that grammar was were never taught, besides in high school. The BOS was required, but no emphasis was ever placed on needing excellent grammar skills. I am completely discouraged by the numerous negative and cynical remarks on this site.  MT is a field I choose because I wanted a second career. I am a recent widow, and frankly feel very down because of the many of the comments. Still without a job and very discou ...

A Great Clarification Of Buy-Out
Feb 04, 2010

Please see the following article from - I think - Business Week, regarding the buy-out of Spheris.  I think it should make us all breathe a little easier.  It seems to clarify that there are 2 separate worlds, and that MQ intends to keep its U.S.-based transcription entirely separate from CBay's India-based transcription: Spheris, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Delaware court on Wednesday, already has two buyers lined up for the privately owned company: MedQuist Inc. ...

Why Is It When You Are Having A Great Production Day,
Jun 07, 2010

the work seems to disappear? I was doing over 400 lph and now no work. This happens every time I have great lph. Can companies do a switch-a-rooney, keeping the work away from people or can the platform be 'fixed' that if you hit a certain lph, no work will download to you? I'm really curious about this. I've been watching this happen for a couple months now. ...

This Is Great......I Love It!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2010

So, I got this super long report with HORRIBLE audio.  When I got finished it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese it had so many blanks.  I didn't even CONSIDER sending it to QA as the audio was just terrible and there was NO way I was sending a report that long...and then get paid 3 cents a line because it might put me over 5% QA submission.  So, I just sent it straight through, expecting to get a call from my CCM on why I sent so many blanks, which, of course I was prepared ...

CLK Is Great To Work For As An IC
Oct 31, 2010

I was an IC for her for a short while. She is great to work for but very quality driven, as she should be. The accounts are varied but very interesting. Here's her website: http://www.clktranscription.com/   I took a different medical transcription position and couldn't do both. That being said, contact her if you're looking for something different in ways of transcription subjects. ...

I Have A Great Idea
Aug 19, 2011

Why don't all of us who are tired of everything join forces and form our own company.  We live all over the country, know how to do the work, know how to QA, know different platforms.  Hundreds of us together could market our own vicinity and work together like a coop.  We would all make the big bucks.  It has to work, as we are the people who keep the large companies in business.  Coops work with any other business, why not with this.  What do you think ...

It's Just Great Being Out Of Work By 9:30 Am.!
Sep 09, 2011

thank you to all those MTs who stayed up past midnight and did 90 percent of the work in queue....and it is not even YOUR account!!!  grrr.  ...

Wouldn't It Be Great
Mar 16, 2012

wouldn't it be really great if there was some sort of email address for us to contact our hospitals directly...without the M*Modal propaganda?  We could say "Dear Dr. ___, I understand you are really busy and dictation is low on your priority list, but if you could take an extra moment and clearly articulate your dictation, the reports would come back to you with less questions and/or errors."   I know...I know...quit dreaming.  It is really sunny and warm outside my window ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Another Great Article
Sep 12, 2012

From the magazine "For the Record."   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml ...