A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Emdat Inscribe help - Formatting/Editing Toolbar gone - Charlie

Posted: Aug 17, 2014

Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has come across a problem in Inscrie Auto Text, where the formatting/editing toolbar is not visible.  I have logged a couple of jobs and the response on fixing it was subpar. I was told I could use Ctrl + B for bold etc, which didn't really help with all the other editing/formatting needs I have to create an auto text.  Undecided

Hoping someone else has had the same problem and may have a solution!

Thanks in advance, 

Charlie 

Similar Messages:

Inscribe Users- Toolbar At The Top Of The Report
Apr 09, 2015

I have a question for any Inscribe users regarding the toolbar at the top of the report, the one with icons for bold, italics, margins, numbered lists, etc........there are times when it is so tiny that I can barely see it, then for whatever reason it becomes really large and easy to see.  I must be accidentally hitting a key combination that enlarges it, but I cannot find it anywhere!  I have looked under all the obvious things, such as edit, etc.  Help, anyone? ...

Help With Emdat Inscribe
Apr 15, 2010

I've had to reinstall Inscribe and am trying to copy my autotext from a disk into the program. Any suggestions? ...

Emdat Inscribe Help
Jul 20, 2010

I just started a job using Emdat Inscribe, and my footpedal I ordered hasn't come in yet, so I have been using the function keys to play audio.  I have been doing this for about a week now with no problem, but today I log in to work though and the keys are no longer working.  The only way I can get the audio to play is by using the mouse.  Anyone know why this may be?  I haven't changed any of the settings, so I am not sure why they won't work now.  TIA. ...

Using Emdat/Inscribe
Jan 12, 2012

On using Emdat/Inscribe:  What does it mean when QA marks something with a red F with a line through the F? Thanks. ...

Emdat Inscribe Help Please!
Jul 11, 2012

I accidentally marked a transcription complete in Emdat Inscribe.  I haven't uploaded it yet and it is still on my screen.  I am not even close to being done with it!  How do I get back to being able to continue typing??? ...

What Is Emdat/Inscribe?
Sep 03, 2012

I have worked on many. many platforms, but never heard of that one.  Can anyone compare it to one.  Feel free to talk about a particular companies own software.  I've pretty much worked for them all .... lol. Thanks! ...

InstanText And Emdat Inscribe
Oct 15, 2009

I am just starting to use Inscribe and have InstanText.  It will link up with Inscribe, because when I type, entries are showing up in IT, but when I go to expand an entry with the semi-colon as usual, it will not expand.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I have linked it, checked the link automatically box, also.   Thanks! ...

EMDAT InScribe Question....
Jul 02, 2010

There are some associates that need to be deleted in the cc/associates list because they are incorrect (argh!)...I can't figure out how to do this (am assuming that I can). Anybody know the skinny on this?  TIA.  ...

Emdat/Inscribe - An Opinion
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone have an opinion on either. I have used Word forever for my transcription and am now thinking about using Inscribe...any thoughts? ...

EMDAT/Inscribe Question
Nov 12, 2010

I currently work for a company using EMDAT/Inscribe and have it downloaded on my computer.  I need to take on some more work from another company.   This company also uses EMDAT/ Inscribe same version.  Is it possible to  use the same sign in screen on the same computer for both companies, just changing the company ID name and password?  Or do I have to download it again and use two separate sign ins? Thanks much! ...

Has Anyone Used Emdat/Inscribe Platform
Jun 12, 2011

Has anyone used Emdat/Inscribe platform, if so how is it?  I'm not familiar with this and wondering how it is to use.  TIA. ...

Starting A Job On Emdat Inscribe..
May 24, 2011

x ...

Needing Some Help With Emdat Inscribe
Sep 19, 2011

I just started a job that utilizes this platform, but I cannot figure how to adjust the pedal settings.  Every time I take my foot off my pedal, it goes back too far.  Any advice would be most appreciated!!!! ...

EmDat Inscribe Question
May 16, 2012

Does anyone know if there is any way to transfer an Instant Text glossary to AutoText inthe EmDat InScribe platform? I have an IT glossary with many thousands of entries but can't get my IT to work with this platform (or maybe it is because I have to use my personal computer which is a Windows 7 64-bit and I only have IT V and I don't want to spend the $ for IT 7 just yet). Any ideas? TIA! ...

Anyone Here Is Using The Emdat Inscribe Program?
Mar 18, 2013

Was just wondering if anyone here is using the Emdat Inscribe program?  Would love to chat with you about it and share info/ideas.. ...

Nuance Emdat Inscribe
Jan 19, 2014

My company was acquired by Nuance and I guess Nuance now has taken ownership of Emdat.  All of sudden today, I can't get my foot pedal to play.  I tried to reconfigure and it just sits there waiting for me to to press play, though I'm pressing, releasing, pressing and releasing and nothing.  My foot pedal worked Friday when I logged off and it still works in my other transcription applications.  Anyone else on this platform with this problem?  Did Nuance/Emdat ...

Emdat Inscribe - Need Dictionary Help Please
Aug 16, 2014

Upon spellcheck once I've F7'd to complete a report, I accidentally hit Add on a misspelled word and now the misspelled word has been added to the dictionary as correct.  Is there anyone who can tell me how do find and delete that entry? Thanks in advance :) ...

EmDat / InScribe Question
Aug 22, 2014

I am new to EmDat / InScribe platform and i have a question.  Is there any way to search up a patient I typed the day before to see the finished file i typed.  I want to see what my blanks were that were filled in, but the company i work for does not really email us our corrections, so i have been writing down the names so i can go back and look at them.  Is there any way to do that????  ...

Emdat/InScribe 4.97 Users - I Need Some Info...
Sep 19, 2010

I've been using an old version(4.3) with the OK of the company I transcribe for.  But I'm now having so many technical issues that I need to install the upgrade of 4.97.394. A previous upgrade required the use of the InScribe internal player.  I tried this, bought 2 different foot pedals, and neither one worked for me, as both interfered with my expansions. One pedal I tried was the Start-Stop.  If I was in the process of starting or stopping play at the same time I wa ...

EMDAT/INSCRIBE Would Like Current Info
Apr 10, 2011

EMDAT INSCRIBE USERS   Can someone give me some feedback on how user friendly the Inscribe transcription platform is?   Does it have a good spellchecker? If your internet connection drops do you lose your report. Can you use PC Shorthand with it? Does it have a good voice player? Can you slow the player speed down for superfast dictators? Compatible with Infinity USB foot pedal? Are you able to be productive on this platform? ...

Shorthand Issues With Emdat Inscribe
Jul 22, 2011

I'm trying to use my SH with the Emdat Inscribe platform but have been having some issues. Sometimes when I type a shortcut, it does not expand. Like I will type "tp" and it does not expand to "the patient", it just stays "tp". If I backspace and delete it and retype it again, then it will expand. Also, shorthand is deleting random characters when it expands. Like I will type "nad" and it will expand "no cute distress" instead of "no acute distress". It just deletes random letter!? Ha ...

Emdat Inscribe - It Involves A Lot Of Steps To Do Everything
Sep 21, 2011

I just finished the Etrain for Emdat Inscribe and at this point not sure how I will like this platform.  It seemed as though it involves a lot of steps to do everything.  Is this because I'm just not used to it and will it get better for me as I begin to do work?  Lately every company I work for has some awful type of platform that makes it impossible to produce a good amount of work.  Please share your experience in how long it took you to become proficient on this platform.  Thanks ...

Emdat Inscribe And Foot Pedal
Oct 15, 2011

I would like to know what type of foot pedal works with this platform.  I have an Infinity USB 1 foot pedal and find that it doesn't work very well on this platform.  It just seems to get stuck and I can't get it to stop playing or go forward or back...it's driving me crazy and costing me time and money.  I can practically jump up and down on the pedal and it still doesn't stop playing.  I have to manually go to the top of the screen and move the thing at ...

EMDAT Inscribe Platform. Info Please
Mar 15, 2012

I just installed this on my computer.  Wow, I was dumfounded.  I have trained to learn Escription, DocQScribe, Pscribe and Chartnet.  I really don't think I am that stupid to learn a new platform, but this has to be the most complicated program I have ever seen.  I did not give up right away -- that is not in my nature.  But after struggling for about 2 hours, I finally gave up.  Honestly if they tried, I don't think the maker of this program could have ma ...

Emdat Inscribe - Auto Text?
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks to those who replied about the Inscribe foot pedal rewind..  That works well now. Just wondering about Auto Text now.  I used to use that with my last account with Word 2000; highlight a common phrase, then Alt-F3.  The phrase would then pop up in a little screen tip above the word or letters I used to name the phrase.  I used this along with ShortCut macro program - had used both of them a lot.   Inscribe doesn't seem to ...

Just Completed Training On EMDAT/Inscribe
Jul 20, 2012

I've just completed training on EMDAT/Inscribe. Can anyone tell me if they work with this platform and is it hard? I used DQS, Chartnet, Bayscribe,etc., but this seems to be a little confusing. I still don't know how I leave a blank for QA. ...

Ques For Users Of Emdat/InScribe.......please Sm
Oct 30, 2012

Hi.  My work computer is unstable, freezing up, not able to run programs, etc., so I'll be buying a new one this evening. I currently use Windows XP and MS Office and it seems like I was told that's what I needed for compatibility, but I don't know if I'm rembering that correctly as it's been years ago.  Anyway, I'm sure a new computer will not come with Windows XP - and I'm not sure exactly what is compatible with the Emdat program.  If you u ...

Emdat/Inscribe With Express Scribe Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Does anyone use the Express Scribe player along with Emdat/InScribe?  I'm having trouble with getting Emdat to connect with the player.  When I log onto Emdat, the player is supposed to pop up automatically and download the voice file, but it's not happening.  Can anyone help?  Thank you! Also, if anyone uses Emdat/InScribe, and don't use Express Scribe, do you use the internal player, or do you use mediaplayer?  I've been using the combo of Express ...

Emdat/Inscribe Using Internal Player ... Sm
Nov 14, 2012

Hi.  I've recently started using the internal player with Inscribe (the Windows Media Player) and I need help with setting the speed for the player.  I've looked under options, but there are only choices for playback speed, rewind speed, etc., and nothing for setting the play speed. It hasn't been a problem until now.  I downloaded my work, and the doctor is chipmunked so much so that I cannot understand everything.  Any help greatly appreciated! ...

Emdat/InScribe Transcription Log Question
Jan 10, 2013

New MT here. No work coming in at the moment so I'm looking at my transcription log.  It gives a STD/QT count for each dictation, then at the end is a total of standard lines, qualified lines, and a grand total.  What's the difference between standard lines and qualified lines, and what number is my line count based on?  Example below.   STD/QT38/419/1 ...