A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EVERY MT Should be Making $70K Per Year - Realist

Posted: Nov 22, 2011

That's right!  If you are working FT as an MT and are NOT making at least $70,000 per year, you are either:

* Lazy/Not ambiious or determined enough.  Your skill set is low and you haven't beefed it up with extra classes, etc. because you are INDOLENT.

* Stupid/Sloppy:  Your quality sucks, your work is rife with errors, you are not a "perfectionist."

*  You are a loser with low self-esteem, otherwise you would be commanding and getting 0.12 per line for your perfect work!

*OR* some combination of the above.

A handful of "experts" on this board -- who KNOW BETTER than the credentialed industry leaders who read and write the literature about industry trends AND the statisticians compiling income data -- have said it, so it MUST be true.

You see, in 2011 there is NO EXCUSE for NOT making $70,000 per year as an MT in America.  Outsourcing has NOT dropped our wages, and offshoring has NOT dried up the pool of available positions.  Those are just fallacies. 

There are PLENTY of great-paying MT jobs still in this country, and it's your own fault for not having one.  You all just need to get off your lazy butts and go get them.

[/sarcasm]

What an offense post, even if it is sarcasm. - What is your point?

[ In Reply To ..]
There are many, if not most, MTs who are not making $70,000 per year. I am one of them. I make a good living at about $45,000, give or take a couple thousand. I consider myself a very good MT. I enjoy my job, and I like my company. Where does this list of adjectives come from; lazy, not ambitious, stupid, sloppy, loser, and low self esteem?

Are you just trying to get a rise out of people? Poor taste to do so.

I should have said offensive post. - Indeed. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Defensive much? - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not NEARLY as offensive as the tacit insults levied against every MT on this board the other day. Where was your "outrage" about that? Or was that YOUR post?
I'm sure upper management has spouted out a few of those accusations - to make themselves feel better, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
about what they are doing to the MT business right now. It's always the MTs fault, never the MTSO.
I've never heard management or anyone else 'spout' those accusations - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
There are some sleazy MTSOs and some that are just as good as any of us, and everything inbetween. That's a huge leap to think that anyone ever thought that, much less said it. Someone is just having a bad day and wants to share it I guess.
Your not hearing it doesn't mean much unless you've worked for - everyone
[ In Reply To ..]
REALIST - FYI
[ In Reply To ..]
No I am not being "defensive" at all. Your post did not go over my head at all. My statement was that your post was rather offensive, even in sarcasm and exaggeration. I read these posts very often, and I have not seen the list of insults you listed (admittedly your own exaggeration of course, who knows why). I do not feel the need to come to the defense of all MTs who may have been insulted in a post on this board, and no, it was not my post. I just stated yours was in poor taste just to get a rise out of people. I certainly am not "outraged," as you put it, which is just another one of your exaggerations.

Really, you must be bored out of your mind.
Stupid MTs - sage
[ In Reply To ..]
Oddly, I find this post and each argument a waste of time. I'm inclined to persuade you all into not feeding any trolls... & just keep 'on typin'! lol

Only offended if that post makes my butt look big - 2ManyEggs1Basket

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd only be offended if I could prove her post informed the world that I have a big butt (a LAZY big butt during my few non-working hours)

;)

I haven't seen anyone say that on this board - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, you are exaggerating - no one has said that. I have seen some people post recently that they can make $45,000+, but OF COURSE it all depends on the company, platform, pay, accounts, incentives, personal typing speed and use of shortcuts, etc. The point I took away in recent discussions was if you are miserable and making minimum wage at one of the national MTSOs, instead of posting sarcastic comments or calling people who make more than you unrealistic, start looking for smaller companies, on-site hospitals, ANYWHERE etc. because it is possible.

Exaggeration is a HALLMARK of sarcasm. - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know what sarcasm is? Exaggeration is one of its hallmarks, so if you knew what sarcasm was you would have expected it to be present.

Be honest now: You haven't read every post on this entire board, have you? Yet you proclaim to ("no one has said that.")

There were some posts the other day that you obviously missed.

Your presumption continues with a projection onto me and my employment situation, when I have stated nothing about it. Do you proclaim to be prescient too?

I have read every post in at least the last 2 months - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
No need for condescending lessons either, I was an English major. Yes, I have read every post at least within the last 2 months. Also, I made $58,000 last year (I averaged 300 lph for straight and 550 for VR on a good platform - ExText).
EVERY post? LOL - PassingThru
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I am sure that you have CLICKED ON AND READ EVERY SINGLE POST on this forum for a solid 2 months! AND you remember the content of EACH and EVERY POST. AND you still have time to earn $58,0000.

That's a good one!

Thanks for the laugh -- my sides are splitting!

Defensive much? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
BTW, prescience is foreknowledge or "Knowledge of events before they happen" to quote the online OED. In your usage you would therefore mean that the poster had knowledge regarding your future employment status, not your current employment status which is obviously what you intended to mean. Thus, the word you want is omniscient.
Grammar/Spelling Police ALERT. - Geesh
[ In Reply To ..]
All MTs take notice: You are expected to spell perfectly and use perfect grammar at all times on this forum! Each and every post is incredibly important, will significantly impact world history, so is basically another Gettysburg Address. Any errors in your posts will not be tolerated.
You are completely missing the point - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you had read and understood the complete thread, you would realize I was not criticizing the grammar but the substance and tone of the post.
No, you criticized misuse of a term, not the tone. - Geesh
[ In Reply To ..]
No, I completely GOT it. You can't spin this to make it something it wasn't because the posts serve as evidence and they are still on the board.

Go back and reread your own post -- perhaps it will refresh your memory. You corrected the OP's misuse of a term ("prescient" instead of "omniscient"). I merely stated "grammar/spelling" -- which admittedly (because I have honor and class) was not the correct term -- merely for the sake of brevity.

Correcting a poster's grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, verb and subject agreement, tense agreement, etc. ALL fall under the SAME CATEGORY. We are not supposed to be POLICING other people's posts on here in that manner, and that is EXACTLY what you did.

So you can stop SPINNING it now because EVERYONE on here can READ YOUR POST.

I understand your sarcasm. My last supervisor thought I should work - 70 hours a week to make that happen

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks! Sarcasm was necessary. - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
Many posters took umbrage at what was posted the other day, yet their points were shouted down.

I felt that sarcasm was the perfect avenue to make the point. I'm glad that you are intelligent enough to appreciate it. Thank you for posting. :)

Hey, realist. I get it as well. I HAVE read those - sort of posts here NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It is about realism - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Every single thing you say, Realist, is true, even if sarcastic. I am talking about what MTSOs are telling MTs. Of course we know our living wage has gone down drastically. There is no loyalty from MTSOs toward their MTs. More MTs need to wake up and smell the coffee. MTSOs are not our friends.

Most MTs I know work 30 hours/week for FT work - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

70K per year - littleone

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you happen to work for a hospital in Columbus, Ohio???

good grief, it's not a serious post. I have a friend who was making - in the 70s and 80s

[ In Reply To ..]
but that was a few years ago and she had to work 7 days a week. She worked for a hospital and the overtime is what helped to get her that income. After a year of so of that, they blocked overtime unless approved, so her pay went down as she was not approved for overtime as much as she had to make the 70s and 80s that she did in the past. Of course, if some of these doctors would just stop dictating like we can all read their minds, then we could all make a lot more money then we do.

good grief - little one

[ In Reply To ..]
It may be a serious post. I know someone who makes that much money, however their QA scores are in the toilet about 99% of the time because they don't care about quality.
The word SARCASM is written in the note, - seriously, nm
[ In Reply To ..]
It's more exaggeration than sarcasm if you look up the definitions - sarcasm and exaggeration
[ In Reply To ..]
It included lots of sarcasm, but also gross exaggeration. I didn't really see the point in it because it wasn't accurate. In order to be sarcastic, it would have to be sarcastic against something or about something, but the facts were wrong. It didn't make sense.
Who cares!? Geesh! - Sandy
[ In Reply To ..]
If anything is contradictory, it is this: "It included lots of sarcasm, but also gross exaggeration. I didn't really see the point in it because it wasn't accurate. In order to be sarcastic, it would have to be sarcastic against something or about something,"

First you say it had lots of sarcasm, then you say it didn't because it didn't meet the criteria.

Not that that matters! That is so minor it's ridiculous.

This board is so full of reactors it's not even funny! Take a look at it on any given day, and 90% of the posts on here are people reacting: righteous indignation, attacking a poster who rained on her parade, etc.

That is dysfunctional behavior by any measure.
In other words, exactly what you are doing. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If no one reacts to other posters, there would be no forum.
High drama. - Sandy
[ In Reply To ..]
I should have stated "overreacting."

Most of the posters on here are too emotive; that's why there are so many cat fights on here.

You seem to have confused a response with a reaction. All responses are not reactions. But all reactions are responses.

Holy crap people... - Cheesey

[ In Reply To ..]
This post just flew right over so many heads....

I agree, Cheesy, good grief is right !! - Oh my

[ In Reply To ..]
x

holy crap people - little one

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess so!!

Cheesey - - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course it flew over a lot of heads...IMHO, many of the MTs who frequent this board definitely lack basic comprehension skills and misconstrue/twist/misintrepret half of what they read or don't bother to read posts in their entirety. That's how all these ridiculous catfights break out. I don't necessarily agree with the OP but at least I understood what she was saying, LOL!

Bravo, Realist, Bravo! Sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on this board every day and have been for, oh, the last 10 years give or take, and I see these same sentiments expressed multiple times per day, multiple days per week and so on.

(sarcasm) "I make $70K by working for a small, privately owned, little known MTSO that appreciates my talent and compensates me accordingly, but, heck NO, I am not telling you who it is because you will flood the HR department with resumes, most of which would be unacceptable anywhere, and just blow their little minds to the point the company would have to shut down and then I would lose my job, and I'm not going to let that happen. Besides, they are not hiring right now, and even if they were, you probably are not talented enough or dedicated enough or smart enough or quality-oriented enough to work for them. These kinds of companies are out there, you just have to keep looking until you find them, not unlike the elusive goose that laid the golden egg." (/sarcasm)

I quite enjoyed your satire. The point I would like to make is that this is a forum for a group of people who have a common occupation. I don't know who you are, and you don't know who I am, but if you follow my posts well enough you know where I work. You might even be my boss, for all I know. I know that bosses have caught employees "in the act" on this board before as I have seen it happen.

Maybe there are MTs making $70K a year, or maybe they are just blowing smoke up your skirt. Maybe there are M-F, 8-5 schedules out there, or maybe not. Maybe the industry is going to he!! in a handbasket, or maybe it will make an amazing turnaround and come back stronger than ever. And maybe, just maybe, there are some good companies left. The fly in the ointment, so to say, is that, even though we have the common bond of doing the same work, we do all work for different companies that have different pay scales and different platforms (some quite productive and some not so much) and different quality guidelines and so on and so forth.

I know the economy stinks these days, but for cryin' out loud, if one is so very unhappy with one's current situation, please, for sanity's sake, find some other job! I did a few years ago, and I would still be there if it weren't for health issues and a family situation that prevents me from working in a conventional office setting. Life is too short to be miserable. Either grow where you are planted or find another garden.

To quote the great Forrest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that."

Well done! (nm) - wrkn4pnuts

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Old Woman - Clever

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wanted to say, I love the "Either grow where you are planted or find another garden" comment!! Kudos! :o)

making a living---NOT! - very unhappy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
Realist wrote (in part): You see, in 2011 there is NO EXCUSE for NOT making $70,000 per year as an MT in America. Outsourcing has NOT dropped our wages, and offshoring has NOT dried up the pool of available positions. Those are just fallacies.

Realist, you forgot to mention VR and EMR which is also causing medical transcription to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Riding the train until it ends, $58,000+ a year here - realchick

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you are having problems with your pay rate. I am riding the gravy train until it ends.

and how accurate are you? I don't believe it - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
Would you care to share where you work with me who has been doing this for 25 plus years and barely making $8 an hour. How is that possible? I works my buns off and all I get are the worst of the worst ESl. It is just plain sickening. Please share so I can make some money too!

Find a small hospital system that still pays well - realchick

[ In Reply To ..]
Been working for a small hospital group for years. They have roughly 25 of us that work for them. They pay $4.50 a page, even if there is only one line on the page. LIke I said, I am riding the gravy train until it ends.

Now someone will tell you - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Paraphrasing what you will hear next:

You just think you're happy and making $58,000/year. You're too ignorant to know that you're unhappy and, by the way, you're next. You won't be happy long.

We've seen those messages so many times that I have them memorized. My answer is that some MTs have been weeded out and/or lost their jobs. Others are doing well. Some have lost their jobs because they aren't very good at their work, don't care about their work, don't treat it like a job, don't bother to show up for work when they are scheduled, think of it as a little extra job they do for spending money, or don't intend to do the work the way management wants it done.

Meanwhile, some are still doing well.

Entire departments have gone POOF. - Justme

[ In Reply To ..]
The dismantling of in-house MT departments has cost MANY MTs their jobs. When an entire department goes "poof," of course there will be many unhappy campers coming on here to gripe.

The problem is that those people CLAIMING to be making the big bucks paint with one broad brushstroke, accusing all other MTs who don't make as much of what the OP underscored. That is just wrong.
CLAIMING (LOL) I love how if you are doing well - Shannon
[ In Reply To ..]
Making 12 cpl and 6 cpl for VR, so for now still able to do well. I average $240 a day.
I think it works like this - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
An OP writes:
I can't make any money doing MT. These companies are horrible. Nobody can even make minimum wages. MT is doomed.

Another person will reply:
Actually, I'm doing very well, so I don't think it's doomed at all.

Someone else will reply:
That has to be a lie. We are all going down the tubes.

Another person will reply:
It's possible that you are working for the wrong company.

OP will write:
Sure, give me a break! Tell me the names of any company where you can make better than minimum wages.

Someone else will reply that it isn't smart to give out the names of your employer. They don't want to drown in applicants from unqualified people, which is what happens when their name is mentioned on forums.

Someone else will say that anyone who claims to be doing well is lying. If anyone is making any money at all, just wait, their time is coming. They will be here wailing and whining with the rest of the people very soon.

It goes downhill from there.

That's the short version of what happens when (1) someone says they are failing to do well and (2) someone else says they are not failing to do well.
Yes. All of those are subjective, emotional responses. - Sandy
[ In Reply To ..]
I think you nailed the average exchange on this forum -- full of high drama, sweeping generalizations, projection, and overreactions.

What some fail to realize is that any subjective, anecdotal account doesn't matter. You need to look at statistics and income data for a clear, objective look at the big picture.

The big picture is as clear as the nose on your face: MT is doing the death rattle. Some are in the advanced stages of it, needing life support. Others are not so far along and still managing to eek out a living.

Fewer still are still doing very well. Good for them. But it won't last forever. And to suggest that anyone who isn't as fortunate as they are has something wrong with them or is doing something wrong is just -- well, wrong.

There you go, proving the previous poster correct - We get to choose who we learn from
[ In Reply To ..]
Good grief! It's so predictable. If anyone says they are doing well, someone has to say they are in the depths of a death rattle but don't know it.

The most reasonable scenario is that many are going to lose their jobs or decide to do something else. Those who are doing very well are going to continue doing well, even as there are changes in how we do what we do, which always happens. It's only doom and gloom/death rattles for some, not all.

To me, that means that just because I'm doing well, I shouldn't expect that everyone else is. It doesn't mean they are ignorant or unmotivated. They may just be better suited for some other kind of work.

It also means to me that someone who is failing to do well shouldn't read too much into that. In any kind of career you want to name, some do well and some don't. Most people who are having trouble don't enjoy spreading the misery, but a few do, because they are miserable people and that's what they do in life, spread misery. Some of us refuse to accept it from them. Let them go spread their message of impending failure elsewhere. Life is too short to spend listening to those who love failure. It's much more rewarding to be around people who are successful. I'm always learning from successful people. I never learn anything from those who are failing. I choose to learn from the successful among us.

I've never heard anyone say that here or anywhere else - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt that many MTs make that much, although I know $60,000 isn't impossible.

What you have heard people here and elsewhere say is that MT isn't for everyone. If you try it and find that you can't make the amount you need for your own purposes and you can do better elsewhere, why aren't you moving on to that more lucrative career, whatever it is. In fact, if you aren't making the amount you need for your own purposes, why are you wasting time here? Keep working on finding the job that is exactly right for you. Don't stop to gripe and complain. That takes you away from what you really need to be doing, finding a job you like, one you are good at.

I don't really think it's always a matter of being lazy. I think it's more likely that people have different priorities or skills, and doing quality MT isn't one of them. It was never intended to be for everyone.

Um, you do realize that the OP was - SARCASM

[ In Reply To ..]
don't you? It said right there in the body of the post -- sarcasm.

Um, yes I do realize it was sarcasm, but directing - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
to the person who said she was making $58,000 a year. Did you see that I "replied" to her post... not the OP?

Like I said though, how is it even possible to make that much unless you are getting about 15 cpl and have a small amount of ESL and other difficult dictators. I can transcribe or edit anybody if they speak clearly and enunciate the words!!
I did that with 8 cents (9 with weekend dif) - CB
[ In Reply To ..]
I also made about the same last year, though I disagree with that poster that this is a "gravy train". I worked very hard for that. I was paid 8 cents straight, 6 cents VR (9 and 7 on weekends). It was one account with doctors I had been typing for years, and I averaged 300+ lph straight, 500 for VR.
Look at your post. - You replied to the OP
[ In Reply To ..]
In any event, I made over 28k last year working part-time (3-4 hours 4 days a week) and will likely make over 32k this year with the same schedule. People do it. I'm an actual person, and I can do it. And, I get 8 cents per 65-character line. It certainly can be done.

Similar Messages:

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...

She Is Making $350,000/year/+bonuses
Oct 15, 2012

What a load of BS ...

Been Switched To VR, Last 3 Years Making 20K Less A Year! Fed Up!
Jan 18, 2011

I need to vent about this and am wondering if I am the only one out there.  After my initial 2 years of in-house experience, I started working for a company and was there for over 7 years and made 33K a year.  The last 3-4 years since making the transition to VR, my pay has gone down to 13-14K a year.  That's a 20K loss per year!!!  I am not a happy camper.  I haven't been in this field for 13 years for my pay to go DOWN!  And what makes me the most angry ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

Making Less And Less
Oct 17, 2009

First there was line count....then there was ASR.....now there is MME. Does anyone know how much less they are making doing MME?  I just started and I am not making any money. Who is doing the work on the accounts that we used to do? ...

Making Even Less
Oct 20, 2009

I have just been switched to another BoB because we lost several accounts in the BoB I was in....now I have to learn all new accounts....at 3 cpl I will end up owing MQ money!! ...

How Much Are You Making?
Feb 21, 2010

Hey everyone.  I am just curious as to what everyone makes these days (if you are being paid by the line) and how long should you stay at that rate before you ask for more/raise your price? I've been at 12 cents per line for the past 3.5 years and I don't know how much more I should ask for.  I don't want to ask for too much, yet I don't want to sell myself short.  I am just thankful to even have my job so I don't want to rub anyone the wro ...

To Me2 Making 40K
Jun 17, 2010

Just have to ask, how much ASR do you do? Are you able to fly through at high speed without going back to proof and still getting strong audit? Do you have several dictators with several formats or a handful with all the same format? Your credentials are impressive but there are only so many things you can do to make that kind of money anymore and it is painful for me to know you are able to make that much at the same company, doing the same kind of work. Also, how much time would you say you ...

Making More Than Me
Nov 29, 2010

Just found out through the grapevine that someone was hired at my company at a higher cpl that I was offered.  I have been there since June and was offered a low rate compared to most MTSO companies.  But it did get me off the midnight shift at a different company, which I would have stayed with had I been given the opportunity to change shifts.  She was offered 2 cpl more for straight and 1.75 cpl more for ASR.   I also have more years in the profession than she does, a ...

MAKING $$
Jan 15, 2011

Can I make over $35,000 with Medquist? ...

Anybody Making Over 30K On SR?
Sep 30, 2011

How in the heck are you supposed to make any money doing SR?  Is it possible?  I make good money as a transcriptionist and have avoided SR up to now.  Now my company is transitioning over and I'm contemplating running for the door. I don't see how it's possible to make any money when you get paid half the cpl that you would make for transcribing.  I generally transcribe as fast as the dictator talks (unless they're really crappy, of course).  You stil ...

Am I The Only One Making
Dec 11, 2012

Input is appreciated, thank you! ...

So, If You Are On 100% QA Does That Mean You Are Only Making 1 Cpl? Nm
Feb 26, 2013

xx ...

TO THOSE MAKING THE BUCKS
Nov 12, 2009

To those making 50+ K a year: I'm glad to know that in this industry it is still possible to make a decent living! I LOVE transcription!  I've been an at-home MT for about 5 years and see the potential, but seem to get easily distracted being at home and get restless and can't sit still.  What is it that you are doing to stay focused on your work?  Is it really about working weekends and second, third shifts?  Please share! I'm stuck at around 25K, when ...

This NP Is Making Me Crazy!!!
Nov 21, 2010

Honest to Pete, this woman has no clue about pronunciation.  A couple of reports ago she's reading a radiology report and says very clearly "primitive destruction" and then goes on to spell it "permeative."  Those are two very different words and to me have very different pronunciations. Now she's on a patient who has had chemoradiation therapy, "altima" and zometa.  Umm, you mean Alimta?  It's going to be a long afternoon.  ...

Making Pleurals
Jan 13, 2011

This dictator is saying "glute-i" to make gluteus a pleural.  I can't document a correct spelling for the pleural form of gluteus.  Thoughts?   ...

The Q Must Be Making A Lot Of Money Off Me.
Feb 13, 2011

I calculated my hourly pay for this week. Mind you, I gave it all my effort every day this week. Drum roll..... I made $6 per hour. Because we have to be paid at least minimum wage, I get paid $8 per hour. My accounts are 99% ASR. I have been getting paid minimum wage for sometime now. If they weren't making plenty of money off me, they would have let me go some time ago. ...

I Need Help With Making VR Work For Me...
Mar 17, 2011

I'm really apparently missing the magic that is needing to make VR work for me.  Please if there is someone out there that can provide me with some insight on this, I would be forever grateful.  I am struggling with getting to even 150 lph which is overwhelmingly disheartening given that prior to recently having to become a traditional employee again due to a massive life change after 20+ years as a small business owner of a small MTSO I was QAing and/or typing upwards of 250 ...

I Know How Some People Are Probably Making
May 10, 2011

ASR. They aren't following client profiles and not even reading the output based on what I saw on a report from today that I looked at! No wonder we have been told the client has been complaining about quality. ...

Anyone Besides Me Who Is New At Nuance And Not Making It
Jul 26, 2011

I really would like to hear from anyone who has been there for a matter of days to 2 months.  I am going on my 3rd week now and I am NOT making any headway at all, though the money is better than my other job.  Also, do we get paid for headers and footers.  I feel like I am typing and typing and get a lousy 44 lines sometimes... Taking a short break from Nuance, then must get back.  For example today, I worked for 90 minutes at my other job and did 567 lines (editing). Then ...

For Those Making Little Money (or Who've Had A Big Cut In Pay) - Sm
Feb 23, 2012

Day after day, I read comments here about people making less than minimum wage... or women who used to make a solid middle class living at this who now cry when they look at their W2... or who made in 2011 what they made in 1993. I'm curious to know why you continue to put up with this.  What is holding you back from seeking a better situation?  What are your circumstances?  Do you have low self-esteem?  Trapped in Appalachia with 2 hours to the closest hospital?  ...

Anybody Making Bets?
Oct 15, 2012

Cut in pay or no? ...

Making Lemonade....
Mar 07, 2013

So instead of sitting here wallowing when I run out of work, I've decided to turn these lemons into lemonade. Sort of a bracing reality check came to me when I thought to myself how a man would never put up with this crap.  And by "this crap" I mean the NJA, among other things.  Do you ever think about that?  A man in this position would not be in this position long.  That's just the way they're built.  They're not going to sit around the house, cryin ...

QA And QC Making Up Errors
Mar 23, 2013

I have been working for Nuance for 5-1/2 years now.  I, of course, consider myself a very conscientious and diligent MLS.  Lately, I have noticed "mistakes" that I really DO NOT BELIEVE I made.  Here is an example "800 calorie ADA diet".  Supposedly I did not blank out the 800.  I believe I would have, as 800 calorie diet would have set up an alarm in my head, for sure.  I want to know if others are having the same problem.  Also there is a spot where supposedl ...

MTs Making Big Money
May 07, 2013

Just saw some gab on a mt group on facebook (not naming which), stating that people are out there making 800 a week on straight typing. Where are these jobs...I want one. Now I am not saying they do not exist but seriously I thought this was rare. Is it me or... should I be looking harder. No flaming please. This discussion had me thinking that I missed the boat somewhere or someone is telling tales... ...

Is MM Going To Fire Me For Making Below
May 19, 2013

I was working on an account for the last 5 years and was averaging in ASR lines at 329-340 an hour with 100% audits. Then the work got slow and I was moved to another manager and another new account.  Now my average ASR lines are around 170-180 an hour with 100% audits.  At 175 ASR line rate an hour and being part-time, that is 175 x 0.4 a line which comes to 7.00 an hour.  For part-timers, I was told you have to be at 120 lines an hour and I am still a Tier 1.   My s ...

Making No Money
Aug 31, 2013

I work for a company that I make NO money.  YES, I am seeking other employment, I'm not just sitting there whining about it, but rather just keeping some income while I look for more income.  I have barely had work this week and even when I do have work, the VR system is so bad that I really don't clear minimum wage.  So, today, apparently they are behind and I'm getting emails every hour or so that say "You ladies need to jump in and help, make this money while you can"  I me ...

This Doc Is Making Me Nuts
Dec 16, 2013

She says things  like "He currently has a G-tube of which medications will be administered."   Or "...secondary to UTI, Foley catheter associated, of which this has now been removed.  " Or "this is a chronic problem of which he had a G-tube inserted in October"    She's making me nuts tonight.  These examples are all from one report, too.  I guess if that's the worst thing I have to deal with tonight, tonight is still pretty good, but I just wan ...