A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone get paid by the audio minute? - cp

Posted: Sep 01, 2010

Does anyone get paid by the audio minute?  I am thinking about charging a physician per audio minute because he doesn't want to pay per line.  I was just wondering what would be a good amout to charge for this. 

Pay per minute - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
I do radiology transcription for a local hospital as an IC - $1.16 per dictation minute transcribed. I think it is a much better deal than line rates. :}

pay per minute - cp

[ In Reply To ..]
I was thinking around $1.00 to $1.25 would be about what to charge but I wanted to get some input before I talked to the doctor about it. Thanks.

per minute - another suggestion... - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]

If you have an idea of how many minutes you can currently transcribe in an hour, that may help you determine what to charge.  On my account - which I've had for years and am totallly comfortable with - I average 17-20 minutes per hour at $1.16 per minute.  I have no idea how many lines I do because I've never been paid per line.

Started out at $1.10 about ten years ago and have received a couple of contract increases since.  Aim as high as you think the doc will go for - good luck to you!

p.s. - Based on some of the horror stories I'm reading here about most MTSOs, I feel blessed to have this contract.  I do have my problems and issues with my hospital, but my prayers go up for all the MTs out there who are really struggling!

pay per min. - cp
[ In Reply To ..]
My problem is the doctor wants to get off as cheap as he can with paying me. I get paid by the day right now and I know that I am not getting paid near what I should be. I've did the math on his dictation now based on 1.25/minute and I would definitely get paid more per day that he pays me now so I have a feeling he's not going to want to pay me that way. But as it is now if he sees patients 1/2 a day he expects me to only charge for 1/2 a day but the next day or rest of the week he will see more than average than what he usally does but doesn't want to pay more than the agreed upon amount. It's been a struggle with him from the beginning on how to charge him so I think this would be the best way but I guess I'll see what he thinks. Thanks for the information though. I really appreciate it.

Pay per minute - medtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
At the hospital I worked out before being forced to retire due to outsourcing I was paid $1.25 per minute.

Pay per minute - Zenaida

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the way he dictates would play into the decision also. I just typed a 20-minute dictation and all I got out of it was 20 lines by the time he got done hum-hawing and changing his mind. Would have loved to be paid by the minute for that one! Then earlier today I got several op reports from a doctor who thinks dictation is a foot race. He can cram 34-40 lines into a 30-second dictation. If he was paying me by the minute I would be dead in the water.

Similar Messages:

Paid By Audio Minute
Apr 26, 2012

Anyone have any experience being paid by audio minute? I have an offer and want to know the pros and cons if any. Thanks. ...

Being Paid By The Audio Minute Or Page
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone have a clue on how much is a decent per page rate or per audio minute rate?  I've never been paid either way, so I don't know what is a decent amount.  I have 21 years of experience as an MT.  Thanks! ...

Is It Worth Being Paid By Audio Minute?
Aug 25, 2013

What does 80 cents per audio minute work out to be per line. ...

What Is A Fair Rate Per Audio Minute? Is 0.6 Okay? I've Never Been Paid That Way Before
Apr 05, 2014

nm ...

50 Cents Per Audio Minute? I Remember Being Paid $1.10
Nov 26, 2014

per audio minute (as an employee) and ending up making considerably less than my per line rate, so I requested off that account and back onto a per-line account.  I can't believe these MTSOs now.  I've seen others, 40 cents, 60 cents... as ICs no less.  Unbelievable. ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Pay Per Audio Minute At 7 CPL?
Jul 19, 2012

Experienced MTs needed for multiple accounts/specialties - CCT Posted: Jul 19th, 2012 - 9:12 am Experienced Medical Transcriptionists needed on several accounts (3 years of MT experience is required to apply for each of the below) - Multispecialty account (orthopedics, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, internal medicine, oncology) - pay is per audio minute of dictation.  Full time applicants only.  Upon signing contract, please note it will take at least 5 busin ...

$1 Per 3-minute Audio Ratio - Wth?!
Dec 16, 2011

No one 'spoke to' my previous post. Someone answered with an irrelevant thread and thus began another topic; please see my previous post from an hour ago...would like your input if anyone is earning or has been proposed this dreadful rate! As mentioned previously, I was quoted this rate by 2 different companies, as if this is a 'normal' thing...! What say you guys?! ...

What Does $1 Per Audio Minute Amount To? SM
Jul 12, 2013

I've never been paid per audio minute.  What would 1 dollar per audio minute come to if I can type 300 lines per hour?  Does anyone have an equation I can plug the numbers in to or any idea what a ballpark figure would be for this?  Thanks.   ...

Can Someone Tell Me About Pay By Audio Minute/page?
Sep 28, 2013

I am getting ready to test for this company (not medical) for a transcription job. They advised me that their starting pay (depending on account) is 0.40 per audio minute up to $1.25 per audio minute and then they have some accounts that pay 0.65 per page up to $1.75 per page. Does anyone know if I could make decent money doing this full-time? I know it depends on speed and quality of audio (which is supposed to be good) but I am just wondering how things go based on this type of pay option. ...

Pay Per Audio Talking Minute
Jan 16, 2015

Note, these are non-MT jobs. I have been applying to jobs that pay per "audio talking minute." These are all basically customer service jobs which might include a little tech help and also might include some upselling. Anyone have a take on this? After I quit MT, I SWORE I would never do any job that was not hourly or otherwise a guaranteed amount per paycheck. Has anyone done this type of work? I guess I'm curious what "audio talking minute" means. I'm assuming it means not ...

Amount Per Audio Minute
Jun 01, 2015

Hi there.  Does anybody know what the going rate per audio minute is?  I'm used to getting paid hourly.  Thanks all! ...

Fox Transcriptions Pay Of 40-50 Cents Per Audio Minute
Feb 06, 2013

Even at 50 cents an audio minute, if you get a 10-minute report that would equate to $5.00. Usually it takes 30 minutes to do a 10-minute report so that would mean one would receive $10.00 an hour. If only getting 40 cents, that's $8.00 an hour. PFFT! I don't see how this is any improvement over our standard slave wages, yet their ad sounds like they invented the wheel or sliced bread. With a name like "Fox," it's got to be bad. (Apologies to Smucker's.) ...

How To Factor The Rate Per Audio Minute
Feb 11, 2013

Could anyone tell me how to factor the rate per audio minute.  Lets say the pay is 0.40 per audio minute.  What would that equate to per hour.  How can you tell what your pay is that way? ...

Pay By Audio Minute Versus Per Line.
Apr 13, 2013

Good morning.  I am wondering if I should take a job that pays per audio minute or would I make more money doing cpl?  The audio job pays .70 cents per audio minute and the cpl pays .07 cpl.  The audio job will be very part time and I am not sure about the cpl gig.  Thanks so much for your input.  ...

Job Pays 30 Cents Per Audio Minute, Geez
Jan 18, 2013

So there is job posted that pays 30 cents an audio minute.  How generous!  You figure depending on the dictator and difficulty of transcript 60 minutes of audio is equal to 3 hours of transcribing.  Granted, most of the time it does not take that long, but just in case for good measure we'll say 3 hours for 60 audio minutes.  Do the math!  30 cents a minute x 60 (1 hr)= 1800.  So another words, if you divide 1800 by 3 you get your hourly rate = 6 buck ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Paid By Dictated Minute Or By Line? Sm
May 09, 2011

Can someone explain the difference to me and the pros and cons of be paid by dictated minute? ...

Question Regarding Getting Paid Per Dictated Minute...
Sep 30, 2014

I have never gotten paid per dictated minute and just curious what is a good pay range for this.  The account would be straight typing.  Just trying to get an idea.  Thanks for your help! ...

Paid Per Dictated Minute? Can Anyone Shed Light?
May 22, 2012

Can anyone shed any light on getting paid per the audio minute? I have only been paid per line and I can't even fathom how this would compare? Anyone have any experience this way? Please help ladies! Thanks!! ...

Before Nuance, What Was The Highest You Were Paid Per Line/digital Minute/etc.
Oct 07, 2013

I'm just curious, I've been in this business for a long time now and haven't seen a raise in QUITE some time, but I sure as he!! saw higher paychecks than I see here. So, I'm curious. What's the highest rate you've been paid to be an MT? What were your daily requirements too, if you can remember? I'll start, my highest was $2.05 per digital minute and we were only required to do 65 digital minutes per 8-hour shift.  ...

Experienced MTs; Paid By The Line Or By The Audio Hour?
Jun 11, 2013

I've been an MT for over 5 years and have always been paid by the line. I would think that most MTs preferred wage is to be paid a set amount per hour.  If this were not an option, what has given you more of an income, paid by the line or by the AUDIO hour?  What I'm currently being offered per audio hour comes out to less than what I was paid per line at my previous job, but the reports are easier to understand so it may be worth it.  It is basically both ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Curious For Those Paid By The "Minute Of Dictation"...
Jul 29, 2011

Just wondering what is the best we can do now days being paid "per minute".... which is not the most fair compensation... ...

Can Someone Tell Me About "audio Minute" Pay?
Aug 23, 2012

I have only been paid by transcribing (production) by the line...like 8.5 cents per line. I see "pay is $1 per audio minute of dictation" in the ad... is this hard to learn and is it better than actually transcribing? I appreciate any input and advice. ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...