A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do these super-fast-talking dictators - realize how mangled

Posted: Apr 12, 2014

their dictation comes out with VR?   I have to retype most of it, whatever I can understand, that is.  :p  

No, they do not know. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
No, they don't know. They don't know VR is doing their work.

Because you fix it, they think everything is fine. They have no way to know.

This is not perversity on their part. Physicians are completely removed from the transcription process. They don't do the contracts or know anything about them.

This is not going to get better. Once their facility implements front end SR, your job is history. That time is coming soon--my facility already has it. Now would be a good time to let your annoyance inspire you into finding a new career.

Similar Messages:

Super Fast Tricks!
Dec 18, 2014

In reading another post trying to help someone, what if we started a post with our best tricks for being faster? What shortcuts do you use? What do you feel like saves you the most time? I think this would be great for newbies and seasoned MTs. ...

Do Coders Have To Be Super Fast Typists?
Mar 24, 2015

From your on-the-job experience as coders, how much typing is involved? Do you have to be super fast, or is something like 40-50 enough to do the work? ...

Express Scribe Load Plays Super-fast
Jul 13, 2012

I recently downloaded the free version of Express Scribe.  The "Welcome" message plays with no problem, but any file that I try to load plays super-fast.  I am pretty sure I checked all the settings, such as F10 (normal play back speed) and the speed control in the bottom right hand corner.  If anyone can help with this I would appreciate it.  I did send an email to tech support but will probably never get an answer b/c I didn't purchase it. ...

Extremely Fast Talking With An Accent.
Feb 07, 2011

I have been transcribing for 11 years and everytime I get a fasting talking dictator with an accent, it slows me down so much that it affects my production.  I have slowed down the speed and added several expanders but that does not seem to help. Are there any tips or suggestions anyone has that can help? Thanks, Mel ...

Fast And Sloppy Dictators!
Mar 07, 2014

It just makes me sick the way these doctors dictate.  Don't they care?  I have 2 elderly, disabled parents I care for, and they can't understand a word their doctors say to them either when they see them .  Makes me so sad and angry.  :p   ...

Need Benefits Fast! Know Of Co That Gives Dental Ins Fast?
Jul 19, 2010

Need benefits fast!  Know of co that gives dental ins fast? ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Super PEG?
Feb 25, 2011

status post s/l super PEG placement for severe esophageal reflux ...

Super?
Mar 15, 2011

In the impression he says "GI bleed probably s/l super from NSAID use".  Help... maybe a cut off.  Not sure.  Any suggestions? ...

Super- Or Supra-?
Oct 15, 2009

"Increasing supraclavicular adeposity" under Head and Neck. Sounds like she's saying super. They mean the same, don't they? ...

So If I Am Already Really Super-Duper, I Don't
Jun 24, 2011

dollars.  Can't improve what is already top-notch.  If we are already producing the maximum we can, already mastered those horrific docs, what then?  Real incentivizing.  Oh well.  ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

Super Cell Hemangioma
May 25, 2010

Dr. states "super cell hemangioma resection".  Is there such a thing??  He then talks about eyes.  Thanks! ...

Morbid, But Super Informational
Feb 21, 2012

I find medical terminology quite fascinating and enjoy learning about the body and such. I found a t.v. series where they do autopsies on real humans while discussing the functions of the body, various ailments, numerous terms, revelations of their findings, and a whole lot more. They were very respectful and adult about all of it, and I learned a lot. Even if I did know about something, they helped explain it in a way that helped me understand it better. I am very squimish about this stuff in ...

Super Laden Thrombus
Jun 06, 2013

Anyone ever heard of superladen thrombus?  Doing a heart cath..   ...

Super Annoying....fiesa
Jul 02, 2014

It seems lately I have had a lot of corrections where they are removing what I have typed and marking as [UNCLEAR].  I am not getting dinged, but the reason this is bothering me so much is because they are doctors I am familiar with and know what they say.  It's not like a skip is happening and I'm adding in something. There are dictating, not always the best dictations, but because I'm familiar with them I know what it is. Makes me feel like I don't know what I� ...

Is It Me Or Them? Super Slow Downloads
Jun 12, 2015

Actually jammed my computer, had to manually shut down,anyone else? ...

How Do You Type Super Sharp, As In Blade?
Oct 31, 2011

Sharp, or Supersharp? Can't find this one! Thank you in advance :) ...

Super Annoyed With Email From Supervisor
Sep 01, 2012

Is anyone else even just a little angered with the email from the CCM about the weekly statistics? The part that really steams my broccoli is "This is no different than if you were to get a quarterly review or yearly review with your pros and cons listed and where improvements need to be made." Well.... when the CCM and QA lead get quarterly reviews, dont they get RAISES? That is how the rest of the world works! RAISES. My teen son works at Taco Bell and he just got his 6 month review on hi ...

S/L Super Puric Lesions? Please See Message..
Dec 15, 2012

Doc is saying "She was scoped with evidence of gastritis, and S/L super puric lesions were noted."  TIA. ...

Creation Of 'super Regions' So Do We No Longer Have A BOB?
Nov 06, 2013

just got the email from my HSDM.  Don't want to copy word for word on here.  ...

Is It My Computer Or Is Docqscribe Super Slow Today
Aug 01, 2012

Seems to be taking forever to download and upload jobs today..Took 3 tries to get the program to start this morning, got error messages.. My internet soeed is fine. ...

No One Talking About DIT
May 30, 2011

I am really surprised that there is no one talking about DIT.  I know that I am not the only one that got the shaft from them.  The owners last excuse for not paying me for work completed was that he just found out that he was losing his eyesight!.  Again, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  He couldn't answer his emails because he had to find someone else to read them to him.  By the end of the conversation, I was in tears..... I am such a fool.  I did however, get my pay in full, ...

Nobody Talking??
Jan 07, 2015

Must be extremely busy with M*Modal today.  Nobody has anything to say. Either that or they were taught properly and know if they can't say anything nice they won't say anything at all! ...

Super Good Keyboard With A Light Touch Response?
Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone any suggestions for a super good keyboard with a light touch response?  I hate the keyboard that came with my work equipment, bought another, but the keys clatter when I type and it's distracting.  Before I get a new one, I'd like to get some suggestions.  Thanks in advance my co-workers!  ...

When Talking About Positions.....
Feb 21, 2012

is 12 o'clock position/axis/radians or twelve o'clock.....please check the book of style, cuz I'm getting confused with these new people.... ...

People Are Always Talking About How ICs Should Not Have
Sep 27, 2012

a set schedule, but I also thought as an IC you should be able to say how much you charge, not let the MTSO tell you how much they are willing to pay you. ...

Tired Of Getting Talking Down To
Nov 14, 2013

anyone else tired of being talking down to by their QC, so sick of it, they act like we are babies and they are the only ones with knowledge.  So we make a mistake, their mistake in this company if making the point value so high on silly things, but there again that is one way of getting rid of us and giving more to off-shoring. Just tired of it all but looking every chance I get.   And I guess the higher ups who get copies of all the QC emails probably are eating it up when they ...

Talking Type
Mar 30, 2015

Has anyone worked for Talking Type?  I just tested for them and wondered how they are as far as paying on time and having enough work.  Thanks.  Ev ...