A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dictaphone TransNet w/o Footpedal - Hotkeys

Posted: Feb 15, 2014

My new account uses ChartScript to type in and Dictaphone Transnet for the audio. Is there anyway to play transnet using hotkeys or keyboard shortcuts. I have a footpedal but cannot find a comfortable position for using it long term. I did find that Ctrl+P will play the audio but not when I am actually in the area where I need to type. In otherwords even if I keep transnet on top when I hit ctrl+p it wants to activate in my word document. I would appreciate any advice on this and also if there is a way to find out how to stop or rewind it using the hot keys. It seems that they already have shortcuts set up using Ctrl+ s,g,a,e and m that control other items.

Dictaphone TransNet w/o Footpedal - Transcriptionmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just wondering what company you are working for that uses the Dictaphone TransNet program. I might be interested in looking into the company. Thanks for the information.

Similar Messages:

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Dictaphone Transnet Not Working After Microsoft Updates
Oct 18, 2010

I have recently had to use system restore on several machines after Microsoft Updates were installed becuase Dictaphone Transnet would not work afterwards. Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, does anyone know which patch(es) cause the problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Dictaphone/Transnet Foot Pedal W/adapter
Sep 17, 2013

Although I have not gotten the official offer letter yet, my future employer wants me to get a "Dictaphone foot pedal with adapter".  I've worked in the office for many years with a Dictaphone system, but when looking for one on the Internet to buy, there appears to be different models/adapters.  Any ideas?  I don't want to ask them just yet what to buy as it is an IC position and I don't want to look stupid, though I guess I probably am. ...

Transnet-
Dec 04, 2009

Does anyone know if Transnet / Dictaphone is compatible with Vista?  I know it will not work on Windows 7.  If anyone is able to use this with Vista I would love to hear your comments. Thanks in Advance...  ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Transnet/EDOT
Mar 09, 2014

Has anybody heard of a company called Transnet or EDOT located in Oklahoma? They contacted me after I posted a resume in the resume bank.  I did find some info on some posts here from late last year, but it does not sound like very promising place to work. Anybody? ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

Infinity Pedal And TransNet
Oct 14, 2011

Does anyone know if Infinity USB-1 foot pedal is compatible with Dictaphone TransNet software and if so, how to configure? ...

Any Information On TransNet LCC That Does Medical
May 23, 2014

transcription. ...

TransNet Foot Pedal Question
Dec 15, 2011

Does anyone have any idea on why I cannot get the foot pedal to work.  What are your settings on the TransNet pedal and how do I figure out what my settings are? Any suggestions would be appreciated.  ...

How Can I Keep My Footpedal
Oct 16, 2013

It really drives me nuts.  I don't have carpet on the floor and my footpedal just constantly slides away from me.  Have to reach out with my foot and pull it back.  I tried putting a carpet square under it but that doesn't work, that slides too.  Any suggestions? TY ...

Footpedal Help
Aug 15, 2014

I currently am using a dictaphone footpedal for ExText, but I am in the process of upgrading to Windows 7 and was told the version of ExText upgrades and I need a USB-2 footpedal. Does anyone know if this can be replaced by the dictaphone or do I absolutely need to have a USB-2? TIA! ...

Footpedal Is Able To Be Used With A Laptop?
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know if a footpedal is able to be used with a laptop? Thanks. ...

Editscript And USB Footpedal
Nov 18, 2009

I have a VEC USB port. I cannot seem to get it to work in EditScript. I also have Express Scribe. Is there a way to get the foot pedal to work. Checked Belkin instructions, and there is no foot pedal listed in my ports. BTW, don't have Belkin so wont work anyway. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Footpedal Or Keyboard.sm
Mar 19, 2010

For those of you who are experienced with VR, do you use the footpedal to control the audio or the keyboard.   I am new to this.  I am used to using the footpedal but have heard from a couple of others that using the keyboard to control audio seems to be faster for them. I would like some opinions please.  Also, maybe you could tell me how long your learning curve was.  How long did it take to get your speed up to the point that you were making what you could make trans ...

Question On Footpedal
May 26, 2010

I need to know what footpedal is great to start out on to do my practice transcription? Just listening to Cd's is what I am dictating off from? The second thing what headphone would you go with also? Looking not too spend a lot of money either for headphones. Been looking in classifieds but want to hear form others first!   Thanks ...

ExpressScribe And Footpedal
Oct 11, 2010

I have used expressScribe before with my footpedal... but I have forgotten how to hook it up!!!  What I mean is I stopped using ExpressScrbice for a while and deleted it from my computer- I just re-loaed it and now I cant use my footpedal!!   Can some one help me in setting this up again?!?!  Thanks!!! Jess ...

Footpedal Question
May 14, 2011

I have a Dictaphone foot pedal, an IN-150.   Is this the same as an IN-USB1?   Thanks. ...

Footpedal - Anywhere To Get One Cheaper?
Sep 29, 2011

Anyone know a website for cheap footpedals?  What I looked at was $75.  Is there anywhere to get one cheaper?  That's for the Infinity usb pedals. ...

Footpedal Sticking
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestion to stop a footpedal from sticking?  I have to push on it several times to get the voice to play and then when I lift my foot up the voice files continues to play.  I tried blowing in it to remove dust but that didn't help.  It just started this morning and it is driving me crazy!!! Thanks in advance! ...

Footpedal With Medialplayer
Apr 24, 2012

I have this doctor who wants me to do some transcription for him at home.  He dictates on some kind of digital "thing" (his words) and then removes the flash drive from it, which he will give to me to take home.  I am to stick this in my computer and it will play the files on Media Player.  I guess I get to type in plain old Word, pretty old school.  How do I get my foot pedal to work with Media Player?  It's just your standard old generic USB connected foot pedal ...

Does MT Test Allow Use Of A Footpedal? If Not,
Feb 12, 2013

nm ...

Footpedal For Chartnet?
Jun 17, 2013

Does dictaphone footpedal work with chartnet, or do I have to have a USB-1 or USB-2 pedal? TIA. ...

Testing -- Using Footpedal?
Jun 13, 2014

Last time I tested I was unable to get the footpedal to work with it and had to use hand controls to stop start.  PITA!!!   Is there a secret to getting this to work or are there some companies whose test dictations work better with foot control?  ...

Footpedal Issues
Nov 21, 2014

Hi all. I am using the Infinity USB-2 footpedal with Windows 7.  Recently, I started experiencing a problem wherein when I remove my foot from the play switch the dictation does not stop.  I try tapping the switch again and nothing happens.  I simply have to stp the dictation manually and exit my transcription program and then reopen the file and fast forward to the spot where I left off previously and continue transcribing.  I have noticed that this generally only happens wi ...

Escription Footpedal Problem
Nov 21, 2009

I'm using a USB footpedal (9-pin with an adaptor). Usually it works fine. From time to time I can't get it to work.  It has something to do with the settings. I know how to choose a setting (COM2, COM3, etc) in Escription. But I think it has to match the setting on the computer and that's what I forget how to do.  Can anyone help?  When I have a VR job it doesn't matter but when a regular transcription job comes along I need the pedal to work.  Thanks ...

Footpedal Adapter & Other Questions
Sep 29, 2011

I am researching getting some at-home work for either medical or regular transcription via the internet.  I am a very experienced med transcriptionist but am very hesitant to work for a national company due to a previous bad experience.  Can anybody give me a rundown on what the best equipment would be?  I am looking at an Infinity USB footpedal (do I also need a 9-point serial adapter for versatility? I do have an Olympus Pearlcorder T1000 micro-cassette transcriber, but am wonde ...

Footpedal Mystery, Ideas Anyone?
Dec 09, 2011

I need to work in bed for a few weeks due to a leg injury. Does anyone have any ideas so I can use my footpedal?  I have been trying to think of something to use besides pillows to hold it in place at the right angle but I'm not having much luck.  Figured one of my brilliant peers would have ideas!! ...

Getting Footpedal To Work With Bayscribe
Jun 13, 2012

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I go into "Transcription Productivity Tools," I put in my  "user name and password information and hit next available job," but I see no where to try to configure my foot pedal.  Just the demographics for the job.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or am I missing a step somewhere?  Thanks :) ...

ExText Footpedal Question
Aug 15, 2014

Does anybody work in ExText on Windows 7 and use a footpedal that is not a USB-2? TIA ...