A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Branching out - sm

Posted: Mar 26, 2014

I decided to test the waters and see what companies pay for other transcription, such as medical insurance transcription.  I was less than enthused to find that they no more than $25 per audio hour.  Assuming an audio hour takes 2-3 hours to complete, that's between $8 and $12 an hour before taxes.  There's no way of knowing if the dictation quality will be good or bad.  I think it's too big a risk to sign a contract for $25 per audio hour.  The companies told me that they charge the client $75 per audio hour.  What do you guys think?

Worth a try . . SM - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
The duration of the contract is what would worry me. I would only sign a contract for perhaps a month maximum to see if it works out financially for me. I would not want to be locked into anything longer than that.

Thank you, Liz - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll definitely take your advice and peruse the contract in detail before signing. If I even go that route. It sounds like there might be a lot of difficult-to-hear seminars, interviews, etc.

Similar Messages:

Section For New Opportunties; Branching Out From MT
May 05, 2012

Could there also be a section on this website for "New Opportunties for MT skills" or the like?  Or "What comes next" where people could share what they are working on for the future?     ...