A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

BOS and their industry standard? - Horski

Posted: Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard?

Yes - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

YES - NM - huh? not so fast - sm - BadHorse

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine doesn't. You really shouldn't presume to answer for each & every company out there.

MIne does not as it depends on the client. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xo

"All of yours" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
all of 'my' companies that I have worked for have used it as a standard... so the answer would be Yes. ;-)

I'm assuming the OP understands that I obviously cannot answer for every single MT on this board. At least I hope so.

ditto - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been in the business since the end of 1978, both working in hospitals and being an independent contractor, and not ONE has ever told me to use the BOS.

My company does, unless client requests differently. NM - Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Industry Standard - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
Basically, my boss has asked me to find the industry standard on some items, and so far I am not sure there is an industry standard. Some swear by ADHI and they endorse BOS, but others do not endorse BOS as the industry standard. Is there one? Maybe we just get to make up our own rules? I have worked for this hospital for a long time, but we are finally implementing QA and trying to get some kind of likeness of reports. Thanks.

If they are wanting standardization,then BOS would - ht

[ In Reply To ..]
be the way to go--however, while most still use BOS2,there is a BOS3 out there now with some changes. Ultimately, the client decides how they want their reports to look and that is the "standard."

To a point. There are always exceptions per - ht

[ In Reply To ..]
the client's preferences.

Thank you all very much! - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I have a better understanding of this now. Thanks for all your input.

Yes, but client preferences take priority. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Anything the client doesn't directly address in their preferences is defaulted to the BOS.

BOS - 7DayMT

[ In Reply To ..]
most of them have preferred their own standards with of course the account specifics overriding everything.

No, nope, not - VAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My account has stayed consistent over the years and not gone around the bend a few times like the BOS has.

Similar Messages:

Help Determining Industry Standard For Editing Platform
Apr 05, 2013

I supervise a group of transcriptionists who are offsite but work as hourly employees.  They work on a Nuance editing platform, but also do Radiology.  Currently they are required to do 15 min/hr and do 15 xrays/hr on an editing platform (PowerScribe) as well. The numbers are outdated and I want to up the amount of xrays they edit an hour, but am unsure what the industry standards are.  Does anyone know: 1.  What the industry standard is for how many x-rays you are required ...

Any Advice On Line Count "Industry Standard" Please
May 13, 2011

I wondered if any one on this board can tell me the industry standard for lines per hour or lines per minute are? Mostly what I see on this forum is discussion over CPL or hourly rates without a line per day requirement. My employer recently stated our department was not producing enough and is suggesting 1900 lines per day which seems high as a 5-day-a-week requirement. Right now I'm doing right at 200 lines per hour/approx. 1400 lines per day with template and about 1100 without temp ...

Which Do You Think Is Correct, Or Is There A Standard
Mar 29, 2010

Example:  The patient is a 60-year-old, middle-age/middle-aged female who comes in today for follow-up.  TIA!  I appreciate any and all responses.  ...

Double Standard
Mar 29, 2011

Time and time again it is reiterated the importance for us to remain professional, as we are a reflection of MQ.  For example, never say "poor dictator" because this may be insulting to the holy than thou doctor, PA or RN.  What about the annoying PA that constantly insults me by saying in middle of her dictation, "note to my typist."  And this is not insulting?  All the training, years of experience and BS I have to put up with to be called a "typist" repeatedly.  ...

Why The Double Standard
May 20, 2011

I read the job description for a production MT on the CBay India website and here are a few of the interesting requirements they must meet: Transcribing the given data for the day i.e. 450 to 900 lines per day as per the specified capacity of the MT. Production at least 75-80% accuracy in terms of medical terminology, American English, grammar, spellings, punctuation and formatting. Work closely with his/her QCE and making efforts consistently to upgrade his/her skills in terms of m ...

Can We F11 A Report If It An ASR That Has A Standard For The WT?
Dec 20, 2011

This one account drives me nuts.  it has a standard but most of the time is ASR and I have to move things around.  I cannot remember if we can use F11 for this or not.  Anyone know?  I was blessed with accounts in the past without standards so cannot remember if we can F11 to transcribe due to not having to move everything all over the place. ...

Is This Standard Procedure? Or Just Being Ignored.
May 08, 2012

I have been here a little while, about 3 months.  I have been switched around between CCMs already to go where my primary account goes.  I needed a few hours to go to a school function and asked for that leave.  I have never been responded to by my CCM.  Is this usual?  I put up my shift on the swapboard, said I'd make the time up.  Etc. Etc. But no response at all.  Do we ever get leave when asked? Or am I to say no to my child from now on.  I j ...

VR Versus Standard
Aug 23, 2012

We are told not to over edit VR reports, but the reports must be verbatim.  It's mutually exclusive! ...

Is There No Standard Of Quality In QA?
Sep 17, 2013

i am on 100% QA and am constantly confused.  I am corrected for things, ask my coach.  She tells me QA is correct.  Then when I change it how she says to I get it changed back to the way I was doing it before~!  I love Fluency, i am amazingly fast at it but i think QA will ultimately do me in...for doing what i'm told to do...GRRRRR ...

What Happened To Standard Forms?
Sep 22, 2011

Suddenly we have new QA and it's gotten crazy! We have some new PA's that dictate things so out of order as compared to the "norm" and QA wants us to give it to them instead of making reports alike as we were trained to do.  I've had some dictate drug allergies in review of systems and medications in the plan and QA wants this. I don't get it. I just don't understand how a doctor can know to check the plan for what meds a patient is on.  I also have a PA that ...

New Wave Of Pay/training, Becoming Standard?
May 02, 2013

Good morning fellow MTs; I hope everyone is having a productive day!  Lately I have been contacted by two different companies via email stating I had contacted them in the past with my resume.  I am working but could always use something better right?  So I proceed to see what it's about and you know you don't get answers to those questions regarding pay scales and pay frequency upfront usually even when you do ask so I followed their jungle of steps, wasting quite a bit ...

New QA Standard January 2014
Sep 23, 2013

They are now going to require 99.6% up from 99.5%.  Oh yeah.  How is this going to go?  Looks to me like a lot of us will be out.  Is this even humanly possible?  Maybe I should be a weatherman.  They can be wrong 50% of the time and keep their jobs.  HA. More stress for us.  It makes me physically ill anymore.  Too much stress. ...

If QA Score Is Below Standard, Do They Take Away Benefits?
Dec 28, 2013

I went from near-perfect and had 100% at one point down to 95%. Can they take away my insurance? ...

Problem With Standard/normal
Jan 03, 2014

Okay pulled in PE and major ARGH!!! I was told that tenses need to match.  However, in this particular case whoever entered it was jumping back between past and present.  Another  time consuming thing I get to do.  Interesting how that works. REALLY???????????????????????????? ...

My BOS Is Old -- What's The Current Rule/standard Wrt To:
Sep 11, 2014

apostrophes?  eg. ADLs or ADL's I gather that the move to make hard-measured units (rather than eyeballed measuired -- such as:  a 5-mm screw versus a 5 mm laceration -- died years ago. Is this correct? I'm anticipating doing some testing for a new position and don't want to fail this sort of "basics" Thanks!     ...

Acute Care - Define Please! And Standard 4
Jan 14, 2010

I have been an MT for 16 years and I am still not totally sure what "acute care" means and it is on almost every ad.  Does this always include Ops notes?  I also can only make educated guesses about what the Standard Four are too.  I am frantically looking for a job - no work at my current one - and I need to understand these terms better so I don't waste my time.  I have no Ops experience and seems everyone wants this.  Discouraging.  I have done only ER work ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard 10
Aug 28, 2011

I purchased and installed this application for some classes I am taking.  I thought it would save time with notes etc and it does ------ when functioning properly. I also contemplated the medical version for my transcription.   It is probably just me, I am sure, but I just do not know how to fine tune.  The only thing I know to do when I run into a problem is to uninstall and rei nstall.  To my knowledge there is no technical support. &nb ...

1st Pay Period With Nuance - ? About Meeting Standard
Aug 12, 2012

I am full time & started training class the last week of July so this is my 1st full pay period.  I know we are required to make $900 a pay period, but I can't find my offer letter and can't remember if this was after you'd worked 90 days, or that after 90 days they will check to see if you are averaging. (?)  I've done straight type & made a little over 100 lph so far with getting used to the platform/dictators and inputting type shortcuts & templates. ...

Does TransTech Have A Standard 90-day Wait For Insurance? Nm
Dec 11, 2013

xx ...

Olympus DSS Standard Player V1.0 To Play Ds2 Files
Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in ...

What Is Nuance's Standard Cpl Rate For Straight Typing?
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...

This Whole Industry
Aug 22, 2013

Here's the problem with MT's who work at home:  There's not one out of six of you that have ever grown a pair of cajones. ...

Industry Trends
Mar 21, 2010

I'm new to this board, but have been in the business a while.  There's obviously a lot of dissatisfaction on the way work is being moved to India and Speech Recognition.  Its affected me, too.  But, it is what it is.  The healthcare facilities  are being forced to cut costs, and the MTSOs have to respond to keep the business, which is unfortunate for us. First, there was India.  HealthScribe, Focus Informatics, CBay, Heartland and others pushed this ...

Backpaddeling With MT Industry.
Jan 19, 2012

Backpaddeling with MT industry.. In no time, it is going to hit deadend or get crashed ... CONCERNED, IRRITATTED, ANGRY, FRUSTRATED MT.   ...

No Future In This Industry?
Jun 29, 2012

I don't know why I'm posting, just a last bit of hope left in me.  I have devoted my entire adult life to this industry, what I used to consider a career. Over the decades, I became a top-notch professional MT, basically 100% accuracy, never needed QA help, and was a huge producer.   Fast forward 20 years, and I climbed up the ladder in our industry, joining QA, being a team lead, then up into management levels, and.... rather than have my salary 'commensurate with ...

MT Industry In Other Countries
Sep 24, 2012

Since the MT industry has suffered in the US with outsourcing to India and speech recognition, I was wondering if the transcription industry in other countries such as Canada, Britain, or others are suffering as well. Does anyone know about the nature of their work? ...

Is 7 Cpl Straight Type Standard For Acute Care Part Time? NM
Oct 03, 2012