A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

BOREDOM!!!! - trskrybr

Posted: Apr 27, 2010

Does anybody else out there suffer with such BOREDOM that you can hardly stand it?  Just wondering what others were doing to help with it.Cry

Depends...do you mean with your job or just in general? - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes if it's a string of the same dictator doing pretty much the same report over and over again, I get bored. Since that rarely happens, I have a pretty decent variety of dictators and reports to keep the flow fresh and my mind focused.

I used to do Radiology and would get REALLY bored, though. Some nights it was like deja vu, transcribing the same report over and over and over again, so I can definitely relate to being bored by your job, if that helps. The only cure I found was to switch from Radiology back to acute care or clinic, anything but Radiology.

Boredom - trskrybr

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I meant boredom with my job. It is exactly like you said...The same dictators over and over saying the same things over and over. Oh well...

Ah, geez, I can SO relate.... - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, I SO feel your pain. There were 8-hour shifts of radiology with the same 3-4 rads dictating the same lengthy MRIs or CTs over and over again that I literally would sometimes just put my head on my keyboard and not know whether to laugh from delirium or cry from the sheer boredom and monotony. I had total burnout and knew it.

Any way you can try to get off whatever area you're transcribing in, if only for a short respite, and transcribe another specialty or anything to save you before you crash and burn?

I got lucky and had been offered a pediatric clinic on the side for 4-6 hours a day, which actually made the radiology even MORE unbearable when my shift rolled around. I ended up taking a full-time position that came up for the pediatric clinic and quit the radiology account.

Good luck to you...Burnout is no fun at all, so I hope you or your employer can get you onto another account or another work type for awhile.

Try to hang in there!

Helping the homeless/jobless/hungry (and animal shelters) is one reason I never get bored - Keeping life interesting

[ In Reply To ..]
There are so many people in need these days that it's impossible for me to get bored. So many people have been out of work for a long time and can't find jobs that it's a big problem for charities to be able to meet the needs.

If you have time, volunteer at a soup kitchen or donate to a food pantry. Once you start doing that regularly, you start caring more about those around you and you don't have time to be bored. Animal shelters often need old towels for bedding. There is something for everyone, depending on our personalities and character.

If you want just a short-term fix, exercise works, or learn a new language.

if you mean life in general, see inside - options

[ In Reply To ..]
Get a

dog
or
cat
or
boyfriend

Or all of the above!

Boredom - celloman

[ In Reply To ..]
Frustrated with little or no job opportunities, I have been doing a lot of yard work and getting ready to relandscape the front of my property. Waiting to get the pool ready and the summer furniture out of storage. These progress as the weather becomes nicer.
This week i send out a flyer, cover letter and business cards to local clinics and physican offices hoping to land an account, at this point in time even one would be wonderful. But to directly answer your question, I've hooked up with a friend to perform acoustic music at local bars and restuarant. that has been a saving grace for me. We practice every day and play in the evenings. I live in Lake George, upper NY state and the tourist season is quickly, so we'll play at outdoor restuarants. That's how I've keeping away form boredom.

BOREDOM!!!! - old and tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so bored with clinic work. The SOS day in and day out. I am a good transcriptionist for acute care but I can't get out of this dull clinic work that puts me to sleep every night at my computer. Some of the dictators I want to shoot. Not the ESL ones either. I am looking for acute care or just OPs because I cannot stand too much more of this crap work. Let the newbies do it. I have 30 plus years. They won't give me acute care because I am part time. That is BS too!

Similar Messages:

How Do You Deal With Boredom
Apr 24, 2012

I am doing VRE work.  The hours are just dragging.  I only do this part time but I can barely get through it.  Any ideas on how to stay "with it" and to stay motivated? Thanks. ...

Mind Numbing Boredom
Apr 19, 2014

I used to work on an account I loved and recently lost to EPIC.  I never minded voice recognition because the account was interesting and I took great pride in each report I typed.  Now, though, I understand what everyone is talking about when they say "mind numbing bordedom."  I must look at the clock 5000 times a shift and just keep counting the seconds until I can turn off the computer.  ...