A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alice in Wonderland - Totally befuddled

Posted: May 19, 2011

I've worked for many hospitals over the years as well as for clinics and private services, but I've never felt so lost without help as I do at my present job working for an online service.  The two key figures in my account keep popping in via email with a virtual smile on their faces telling me to just ask if i need anything, but when I do ask, the standard answer is, "I'll get back to you," and then the matter is dropped.  At first I put it down to their being too busy, or forgetful, but now I wonder if they're doing it to discourage being asked for help.   If you're ignored enough times, you eventually stop asking.  This whole experience seems like an unreal dream where nothing makes sense.  I really don't understand it.  Aside from the word expander, I have no access to anything that transcriptionists usually have access to in order to help them and speed up production.  I keep wondering if it's because they're withholding these gems of information because they're planning on dropping me altogether, pulling the rug out while hideously laughing like a fun house clown.  For now, I'll keep trudging along, pretending like it's all real because I do need what little money  I can earn.

Welcome to the MTSO world - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly how you feel, except I started working for the online world. All I can say is Google is my best friend. I used to have a wonderful QA person that would give me great feedback, but I haven't heard from her in a month or so now. If I ask for help, I usually don't get any response at all. All you can do is keep on keeping on. Eventually it does get easier. If you want, you can email me and I can try to offer some editing shortcuts that are Windows based and not software based (meaning they will work no matter what company you are working for). They may help you boost your production. They helped me greatly. And I'm not a suit or anything like that, just a friendly little MT who knows what you are going through. :)

That is so sweet of you! - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Alice in Wonderland - nina

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm very sorry that you are feeling so lost. I must say though that my MTSO has great communication. Emails are answered almost immediately and each account supervisor has their their own home phone number, company phone number/extension at home and most have a cell phone that they can be reached at if we need anything. It's definitely not fair to the MT to not have communication because there is always going to be something that we need help with. Do you have a number that you can call to reach their main office? I couldn't work for someone unless I knew there was a main office and a number I could call to get in touch with someone. Good luck to you. :)

Alice - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
I do have phone numbers, but get the same reply whether speaking on the phone or by email. It seems so strange and counter productive. Like so many other MTs, I wish for a miracle to get me out of this insanity.

Similar Messages:

S/l Alice Neck Brace???
Oct 23, 2009

or maybe Ellis ?? Allis ???? it is a L2-3 injury ...

Fossil Of Alice Region
Jan 09, 2011

"fossil of Alice region" of the atrial septum? ...