A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

100% error free work - ooo

Posted: Jun 13, 2013

Help.  My self-esteem is in the basement.  What do you do when you are doing your level best and still not achieving the 100% error free work required?   I feel no one can do it.  I quit as I was doing my very best.....  What would you do?  Since errors were never recorded in a percentage type review I have no idea what I did wrong?  No feedback was included just told "little mistakes"  - so I am guessing an a, the or an error in punctuation.  My last company I did 98-99% error free.  I just want some reassurance that I am not totally screwed up here.  All I want to do is cry.....

That is such a ridiculous expectation. No one can do - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
100% error free work. I would like to know who this is to know who to avoid!

We are human - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
working in a field in which we are expected to be superhuman and since you know what rolls downhill and we ended up at the bottom... Please don't fault yourself for being human. I too feel like crap when I make an error and have to work on reminding myself I am human and the ones who tell me of my "mistakes" are human too and also make them.

mistakes - me

[ In Reply To ..]
If you think you may be making little mistakes in punctuation, maybe they can tell you what they were, so you don't do them again. I wanted to cry for 2 years and I did because of how "alien" some of these TSM's and QA people treat us. it's hard to find another job. Filing on line sucks cause they never answer. Get the local newspaper in your area and find a job the old fashioned way. You will be free of this depression most of us are going through.

ooo - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't beat up on yourself. To ask for 100% accuracy is unrealistic, especially in this day and age of dictators who sometimes can barely speak English. I venture to say that if the person(s) who expected you to be perfect were held to the same standard, they would fail miserably. Please go out and do something nice for yourself.

What company was this and - what grading scale did they use

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the companies have a very clear grading scale for errors and how they will be scored and what effect, if any, they will have on the score. For instance, using "a" instead of "the" might be marked as an error, but since it doesn't have any effect on the actual document, it would not have any points assigned to it, so if that was the only mistake made, then you would still have 100% for that document.

If the company you were working for does not/did not use clear cut guidelines like that for reviewing your work and if they did not give you any feedback on the errors you were making, then that's not a company you wanted to work for anyway.

Chin up. This was the company being jerks, not you being a bad MT.

original poster - oooo

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your input. I actually tested for another company today and feel much better. The 100% didn't actually have a grading system- a mistake was a mistake!!! My last company before that had the error/scoring system which I did well on. I'm moving forward... I wouldn't put the company's name on here as to not to burn bridges. They were so nice otherwise. But I have learned one lesson in all this - ask what percentage do they want for returned work!!

100% error free work..YOU MUST HAVE WORKED FOR PHOENIX MEDCOM - PAL

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what they EXPECT!

So much is subjective! How ridiculous of these companies to set the bar this high! - PetesSake

[ In Reply To ..]
Really, one QA person thinks a comma is needed and another says the opposite. Of course, it's not really a sentence anyway, just a fragment, etc., etc. Then, grammar and punctuation rules evolve and add in different account specifics, and it's absolutely ludicrous to demand 100%! All it does is cause stress and anxiety.

Good grief, but it makes me loathe this industry. Don't blame yourself!

QA - ME2

[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree with what's been said here.. Don't let these bullies get you down. If they had any sense or brains at all, they would know that threats and bullying only produce more stress and mistakes, and of course asking anyone to be 100% "perfect" is just ludicrous, especially with all the horrible dictators out there! :p

100% error-free work... keep smiling - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep your chin up and just try. Nobody can be completely perfect all the time..... just try your best! Put on a smile and do not let anybody put you down.

I have a 99.9999% expected accuracy rate, and NOBODY can be 100% all the time. I catch my own errors staff and clients do not after they edit (punctuation or whatever, not major or minor medical) or even more after they edit. I find that makes me make more mistakes. Just know you tried. Keep the faith:)

Similar Messages:

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

Free At Last!!!
Oct 25, 2009

After working for MQ for nearly 5-1/2 years, I'm finally leaving.  The first 5 years were great!  Then they decided to force QAs to do transcription and ASR.  If I wanted to transcribe I would have applied for an MT job.  Not to mention the fact that I was making close to $16 an hour and now this has been reduce to around $11 and sometimes under $8.  It's MQs loss.  It's too bad they don't treat their valuable employees better.  I just love ...

Free At Last!
Nov 11, 2009

I'm giving notice that I'm quitting very soon!  I made good money until the last year or so and I'm leaving this job that I find boring and lonely (and now doesn't even pay well).  I'm going to be working for a doctor as a scribe and getting paid per hour!  Woo-hoo!!  The pay is not great but at least I will be out of the house and doing something a little different.  I will have human interaction too!  I'm burnt out beyond belief, ...

Im Free
May 04, 2010

You know I am no longer with MQ. I did not pass the audit and honestly I really did not care to. I have figured out why bother.  Why kill myself for short checks. I have worked with them for 12 years and I feel so free right now.  I also am working for another company on the side so that helps  :)   ...

Moo Free?
Nov 12, 2010

Is there a type of chondroitin called "Moo free"?  I found it online, but as far as I can tell, it's for dogs. ...

Free At Last Also!
Dec 04, 2012

Judging from some of the recent posts below, there looks to be an exodus of sorts from MModal and MT in general. I have joined that group. I left MModal last month to pursue another at-home job NOT IN MT with flexible schedule, hourly pay, and pays substantially more than what I made at MModal. Don't know what took me so long to "take the plunge" away from MT. After many years of MT with 12 of those years being with Medquist/MModal and the last 7 on the same accounts, I already miss the wo ...

Free At Last ...
Dec 08, 2013

FINALLY! I have finally managed to get out of MT permanently. I'll have to drive 30 minutes each way to work, but I will have the same shift I had working at home only for a guaranteed hourly wage! What an amazing Christmas present! Good luck to all of you who are trying to escape. ...

Free At Last
Nov 11, 2014

I just turned in my resignation.  I am free of the dreaded N at the end of next week. ...

S/l In The Free Fragment
Feb 10, 2010

MRI scan does show an L4-L5 disc and L5-S1 disc in the free fragment in the disc canal.   I am unsure of the part underlined, as I have never head that before. tia.   ...

Free Fax Program
Mar 19, 2010

Are there any free fax software programs? ...

Is There A Free Antivirus That You Use?
Feb 23, 2011

I have been using Nortons, but keep having problems. I really don't want to spend more money since I just paid $70 for this and it is giving me problems. Thanks ...

I Think I Worked For Free.....
Mar 03, 2011

So I finished my MT course and began to look for work..It is going well other than I was contacted by, for now I will just say a company, I transcribed some audio files (not medical, which I found odd when she contacted me but okay) took me several hours, met the deadline, filled out the W9 form (with social security number) and sent it off. We had two seperate phone calls. She e-mails me that once the report goes through the proofing process and their system that I will get the repor ...

Finally Free!!!
Oct 06, 2011

The nasty Q and I have finally parted ways!!!!  Looking forward to better opportunities than this horrible job!!!! ...

Thank God In Heaven I'm Free At Last!
Mar 09, 2012

Woohoo! Got the job offer today.  At long last I am out of transcribing.  I feel such relief I cannot even believe it.  No more production pay at poverty rate.  No more frustration of broken promises.  For those of you staying, I really do hope the latest promises of hearing you and making changes will be kept.  And for those of you who keep saying quit whining and do something about it if you are unhappy, venting doesn't mean we aren't doing anything ab ...

Pain-free
May 26, 2012

She is now chest pain free with nitroglycerin drip.   Is this correct?? or  chest-pain free  with nitroglycerin drip chest pain free in nitroglycerin drip ...

Free Spaces
Jan 26, 2013

Hi from Australia on Australia Day.  Only new at this MT at home business.  Struggling to get my line count up.  In all honesty it would take a few months to add in enough shortcuts to make it worthwhile.  I have been racking my brain over how to get those two spaces at the end of a sentence for free.  Finally it has come to me.  We all need to do an autotext incorporaing the last letter of a sentence and the first letter of the following sentence ie  I saw Liz ...

Free At Last From Nuance
Sep 11, 2013

Having a bad job is worse than no job, so I quit.  Nuance, a place with great expectations and a low-ball salary.  In fact it is the lowest wage job I have ever had with little to no benefits.   Can you imaging the smile on my face right about now.  Yes, yes, yes, I am free and singing a happy tune! ...

Soon To Be Free Of Mmoral
Feb 13, 2014

Yay, I just landed a new job away from this wretched place!  I posted my resume on the resume board and got a call out of the blue - perfect match for me and my experience and them and their needs.  I start very soon and could not be happier.  I just wanted to let you all know to keep trying, your perfect match will come to you too.  I wish for you all to feel the way I do right now, and it has been a long time since I have had this joy for work again.  I bid you all a g ...

Free Player
Aug 08, 2014

Peace Out...I'M FREE!!!
Oct 09, 2014

I finally did it...found a good, well-paying job outside of the MT world after 15 years! I felt bad giving no notice to my supervisor b/c I really like her, but I can't really feel bad for MM, the company itself....after the drastic cut in pay since voice rec, outsourcing, running out of work, all the demands on perfection and the crappy dictators, I feel like a giant weight has been lifted! ...

Need Free Spellchecker
Mar 20, 2015

Can anybody suggest an inexpensive medical spellchecker program? I have Stedmans 2008 on my "other computer" which quit working earlier this week, won't be fixed til next week. had to get an inexpensive replacement today so I can work -- can't afford to be not able to work for that long and it will do as a backup in the future. Apparently Stedmans does not "service" the 2008 edition anymore and I can't load it on this computer because they don't do the activation, etc., st ...

Error 372
Apr 01, 2010

Has anyone ever had this error?  The company I hired on with installed ES v 9 on my computer.  For some reason error 372 popped up when he went to open ES.  He tried a few things, but nothing worked.  He is supposed to get back to me when he finds a solution.  Has anyone else encountered this before?  If so, what did you do to fix it? ...

Re: Error 372
Apr 07, 2010

I am so frustrated!!!  I have a new job, and it looks like I am going to have to look for another one that does not use Editscript V9  because no matter what tech support does they cannot fix it.  They have even spoken to Escription.  I have 2 computers and neither one will work with ES 9.  Unbelievable.  One is less than a year old, and the other one is a few years old.  I have googled this error and tried all the things suggested and nothing works.  I ...

SR Error
Jun 03, 2012

I read all the time the postings from MTs on SR errors.  Had to share this one today!!! epinephrine - SR put "peanut friend"   Really????   ...

1-second Job Error
Jun 19, 2012

Every once in awhile, I get a job that is 1 second long with the error stating that the audio has failed to load.  I click okay and it's booted back in the pool only for it to be placed second in my queue.  This can go on all day.  Anybody else have this happen?  ...

Example Of Error From ILP
Oct 05, 2013

Dictated:  Hysteroscopy with D&C. Transcribed by ILP:  Hysteroscopy with drainage and clapping.   ...

ILP Error
Nov 15, 2013

Just corrected on a report on 100% review that already went through 2 layers of ILP QA:  "The patient was seen by the M as in Monkey service." I can't wait until they only have ILP QA checking the work.  You get what you pay for. ...

No Pay For Job With An Error
Dec 03, 2013

I work for a company whose policy is that if you make a mistake typing in the job number or date of service or ANY demographic information, then no matter how long the report is and how long it took you to type it and how much you struggled to undertsand the ESL dictator, they pay you absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA for it.  Is that even LEGAL?  ...

An Error I See A Lot
Jan 18, 2014

An error I see very often while doing QA, even though it has no impact on patient care, is a missing comma after the year on a full date, or missing comma after city and state.  I'm not trying to nag, just trying to help because, when audited, the powers that be will ding you for this and laugh maniacally.  Here are the rules in the style guide and BOS for any who want to argue. "Use a comma after the year when the sentence continues after a date: I saw the patient on May 17, 201 ...