A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

complaints on this board day after day about the MT industry? - tired of whining

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

Is anyone else sick of reading all the complaints on this board day after day about the MT industry?  Am I the only one who actually enjoys what I do?  If you hate Mting so bad, then quit!  Be thankful you have a job.  I know I will get lots of nasty replies, but I am so tired of all the negativity.  I would never want to go back to working at my previous job which was a call center where you sat all day and listened to ppl curse at you.  I do not miss all the gas money wasted because of driving back and forth to that job.  I do not miss having to get up and get ready.  I do not miss having to sacrifice spending time with my family.  Please be thankful you have a job and enjoy the benefits of working at home.

Well said!!! n/m - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

LOVE MY JOB! - still learning

[ In Reply To ..]
And I've often been irked at all the negativity. I WOULD like to know if there is anywhere out there where you can get enough transcription work and pay to make ends meet. Are there GOOD companies out there? All I ever hear of are the bad ones. I work in a hospital but they are going EHR to get Obama stimulus money... so I know my job is a matter going away, as a matter of when not if... and I'm sad, cause I LOVE what I do!

pardon me... time change is still addling me! - still learning

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you! I've often been irked at all the negativity. I WOULD like to know if there is anywhere out there where you can get enough transcription work and pay to make ends meet. Are there GOOD companies out there? All I ever hear of are the bad ones. I work in a hospital, and they treat the MTs wondefully well- but they are switching to EHR to get Obama stimulus money... so, being the next most recent hire in Transcription, I know my position here is going away, as a matter of when, not if... and I'm sad, cause I LOVE what I do! I'd love to work from home... but where can you get those IC jobs with fair pay? I don't need to be a millionaire, just make enough to pay the bills and live responsibly! Advice, any of you?? Thanks!

Not a nasty reply, but pointing out that yours is a complaint, too, just one you approve of. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think there are a lot of us who applaud the OP's protest against whiners - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

and those who simply have no sympathy or compassion for others' situations - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not to mention mgmt trying to get their workforce to simply accept what they give them and shut up. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
ABSOLUTELY! It is obvious that these people do not know what this - job used to pay . .. .
[ In Reply To ..]
And how flexible it was.

What bunch of stepford wives.

Ewww . . .

Not buying it for a minute.

I am soo very tired of all the whining. You said what I've been thinking - Thank You! See message

[ In Reply To ..]
This weekend I watched "Your Money" and they were giving all the awful statistics of people who have no jobs and have been out of work for more than 2 years, lost homes, etc.

Then I started thinking that I never remember my parents griping or complaining when things were really bad. My grandparents never complained. Neither did any of our family's neighbors and friends. They all just found respectable work and did it, so they could survive. If they had better options they took them in order to better themselves. If they didn't have better options, they made the best of it.

We've become a nation of whiners, or at least sometimes it feels that way. I don't want to overgeneralize. Not everyone whines. Those who do just do a lot of it. LOL

The key is to know when to move on if it isn't working for you. - There is a time for everything

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a time to move on. I think that's what everyone is saying. It is just so unproductive to see someone hurting but not willing to take steps to make things better. Nobody wants to see people hurt when they tell us there is no way that it will get better for them in this job or even this career. It isn't easy to make a big change, but when it gets bad enough, as some have said it already is, it's time to take action, right? No criticism implied here.

I know, I am sooo tired too of your whining. - Please, go, be underpaid in silence.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

Is it just me? - aqharyder

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm with you, I love my job as well.

I like my job, but - tiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
it is really hard to sit there and know you going deaf because of the background noise, the fuzz, static and all the other crap we're expected to muddle through. I feel particularly trapped because jobs are hard to find, and the current job I do have does not pay well - only in the sense the dictations are really, really difficult to HEAR. One cannot make money if one cannot HEAR the dictations. So, I sit and struggle, trying to make 1200 lines a day, which is very poor line counts in my opinion, struggling to make ends meet at a job that never allows me to get anywhere. I make less than minimum wage. That does not pay for the roof over my head, let alone food, the electricity bill, natural gas bill and the telephone. Yet, I sit here, hour after hour fighting for every job between the "no jobs available" and the static, fuzzy, clashing background clamor, to try to make enough feed the family.

Just know this one fact. I happen to like being a medical transcriptionist. But the current climate and working environment that a MT is now required to work in is what is intolerable to a lot of people.

I would get out of MTing in a heartbeat if I could find another job that lets me work from home. I've been doing this for 20 years. I have seen a LOT of changes and most of them have not been good. Particularly, the pay scale, which has deteriorated. They are still paying the same 7 cents a line that they were 20 years ago, only now the cost of living has risen, so technically you are making much less than 7 cents than the 7 cents of 20 years ago.

Wow, I'm definitely tired. Sorry for the strange wording/typos nm - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Totally agree with you. I have been doing this for - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
30 years now and love it. We all have bad days, but the majority of the time this is my dream job, and I happen to work at a place that values their MTs and have plenty of work to go around.

may I ask - still learning

[ In Reply To ..]
Where do you work? There's plenty to go around?? Do you work from home? Are you paid well? I'd like to stay in the field!

tired of whining - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, I've whined but only to myself. I am thankful that I'm an MT. Things are much different than they used to be but I'm still thankful.

then why are YOU so negative? - ggmt

[ In Reply To ..]
If you hate negativity so much, why do you think adding to the negativity is a good idea? Also, I just don't understand how you could tell people to quit their careers just because you think you are forced to read posts on MTStars. Maybe you should start skimming and skipping posts that might upset you.

I miss... - Daylo

[ In Reply To ..]
making .13/line, enough money to pay my bills and have something left over. I miss the respect that used to be automatic when I told others of my profession. They knew I wasn't just a typist, but someone with skill. I EARNED the title.

I miss the really sincere appreciation when I transcribed extremely difficutly ESL dictators without any blanks. I miss the "Thank you for a job well done and by the way, since we were a little behind this weekend, the pay is .16/line. We will do this through the weekend to give you some extra money."

I'll just bet you've never heard those from the mouth of the MTSO's.

This is why Medical Transcriptionists are complaining. We EARNED the right to complain.

No we didn't "earn the right to complain" but we have the right to move on - To Another Job If You Want

[ In Reply To ..]
People can and do complain, but there's no "earning the right" to do it. We also have the right to go do something else if what we're doing isn't working for us. That is a healthy reaction. To keep doing something over and over again when it isn't working is not healthy. It's a sad way to live your life. You can do better. Go do it!

Right to complain - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a public forum and everyone has the right to complain if they choose to do so. I'm lucky to be in the situation that I have, hopefully it will last a few more years. I've never worked for an MTSO and I've learned a lot in a short time from reading the messages. There is negativity here but if I were in the same situation I might feel the same. Even though things are good for me now I am still trying to move on to a non-MT job but finding that is easier said than done in today's job market.

I disagree vehemently. - Daylo

[ In Reply To ..]
After you "pay your dues" and work in an evironment, which I just described for over 20 years, I believe we do have the right to complain when the pay for this once very well-respected profession becomes the property of MTSO's. who (have you noticed - all pay the same). There is a conspiracy between all MTSO's to pay the same. If they stick together and believe me they will, you will never earn more than what you now earn. It is a dead end street, that is fact, not fiction. I don't know about you, but I am only hanging on long enough to keep the bills afloat and finish a non-transcription project on the side that will hopefully get me out of the MT business altogether after 22 years. YES!!!!!! I HAVE earned the right to complain for my particular situation. Maybe you are still in the gravy, but I find that the corporations have invaded and taken the profits. For that I will vehemently complain
I agree vehemently with disagree vehemently - need work
[ In Reply To ..]
Amen. In these times we are all forced to do what we have to do to TRY to survive and not just MTs. This is all across America in all jobs. Big corporations swallow up little companies and drive down wages and the conditions of the workers. So, do we just shut up and swallow it? Most MTSOs would have us believe as individuals that we are the only ones with the issues we are talking about. It is because of a forum like this that we can find out that we are not the only individual experiencing this kind of treatment. I worked for what I thought was a wonderful company for 3 years. Until last summer when we started running out of work on a daily basis and they were searching for reasons to let people go. I worked every weekend just to make up the difference on my check. I was never scheduled to work weekends, but would even take my computer with me when I went back home to visit my family so that I could work the weekend. My computer got fried over the weekend and within 2 days I was told I no longer had a job! Does that earn me the right to complain? I believe so! Be thankful that you aren't in this type of situation and may be kind to those of us who are so that karma doesn't haunt YOU! Because karma is a bigger b*&^h than I choose to be!

Missing it too! - 20years in it

[ In Reply To ..]
I miss all that too. I was lucky with one company for 10 years without job hopping...never felt like number...until about a month ago major paycut.

I also miss getting up in the morning knowing there is work to type and loving my job....and feeling like I could breathe. Working conditions today make you feel like you are short of breath just from the nonstop stress of no jobs, low pay, no where to find a job when you are in a very rural area (not sure that even makes a difference these days). Just plan scary and stressful and I feel for everyone out there in the same situation. We all have different reasons for needing/wanting to work at home, many of us are/were very dedicated employees and here we sit....scared, not necessarily to make a change...but knowing there is not much out there for anyone.

I was very hurt, angry, scared when I got my recent paycut, but most of all felt like a big slap in the face!

Right on, Daylo! I miss not having to shop at Goodwill, - and not receiving daily collections calls! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

If you live it so much, why are you on this board - instead of working? nm

[ In Reply To ..]

[sigh] - TYPO - meant "love", not "live". - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh please, I am tired of YOUR whining . . . - Because you accept the unacceptable . .

[ In Reply To ..]
YOU and everyone who agrees with you are the reason our profession is in the toilet.

Or maybe you are all used to making a lousy living. I myself know what this career used to be and it USED TO be great. BUT NOT NOW.

So, quit your complaining about people speaking the truth about what this industry is now. I am sick of hearing your whining because everyone doesn't abree with you. If people like YOU would leave transcription, we would all make money again.

And I would bet you and everyone agreeing with you are one of 2 things:
1. An owner or corporate employee of an MTSO.
2. Not in need of a REAL money making career.

I would bet everything NONE of you if you are legit MTs, need anything more than a part time chump change job with no decent benefits.

Say what you want. But you know that I am ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!

See ya!
Wouldn't wanna be ya!

I agree with everything you said. They don't have - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
to read what other people say. They just want to sound so above it all!

see ya...wouldn't want to be ya???? - tired of whining

[ In Reply To ..]
Please grow up.

Ms. Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya, - are you currently

[ In Reply To ..]
working as an MT? AND complaining? Well then, who's accepting the unacceptable?????? Need to choose your words more carefully.

"Am I the only one who actually enjoys what I do?"... - YES!!!.......nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I really loved my job until CBAY bought MQ. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
I love the terminology. The pay used to be great but not anymore. We can't compete with cheap Indian labor.

Thanks to all who agree with my post.... - tired of whining

[ In Reply To ..]
but of course, here come out all the little whiners who are whining about my post. Do I hear the world's smallest violin?

It appears to mainly be MTs who work for 1 or 2 notoriously rotten companies - or may be 3 people posting many times

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the complaints have been about certain companies that have treated MTs poorly. The difference may have to do with where you work. I just wonder why people stay in those companies that abuse them or don't respect them. There are better options, as you can tell from those of us who know from experience. That's what I got from your comment. It isn't that people don't have legitimate complaints, but they don't do anything to change their situations, either by switching to another company or, if necessary, a new career. Griping never changes anything and just makes for a miserable life, which is contagious. There are people here who aren't miserable and don't want to catch that disease.

I wish that people would post the names - of these "better" sm

[ In Reply To ..]
companies. From reading here, I get the impression that they are all alike so the grass is not greener. It would be very helpful to know.

The ones I've seen that are the best pay incentive pay and bonuses - Just A Hint About The Best Pay

[ In Reply To ..]
That incentive pay really adds up if you stay focused. It's hard work, but possible to make some good money. Again, like any other job, it isn't easy, but the money is there if you are in the right place and pay attention to business.

You also have to have a good working attitude. In other words, you do it the way they want it done. There isn't time for drama if you want to make the higher income.

While there may be a lot "whining" that goes in, this is the one - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
place that we as MTs can come and hope to find somebody else who might understand exactly how we feel about situations that we face in our jobs. I agree with you that for the most part I really like what I do, am very thankful to have a job, thankful that I can work at home, thankful that I save money by not having to buy gas, etc. However, there are aspects of my job that I find deplorable, as would be the case with any job and, once again, I'm thankful for a place where I can come and blow off a little steam from time to time. We all face different things every day and could sometimes use a little compassion instead of being rebuked for "whining."

I agree with muh of what you said, but prefer not to "live there" as some are doing - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
Was it Will Rogers who said, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

It doesn't really help to climb down into a pit and live there. It isn't healthy emotionally or even physically. It sounds like you have a good attitude, but look at some of the messages where people have stooped to the level of "Duh!" and "Blah, blah" and even trying to prove their self worth or impress people by using French words to attack each other. That's what happens when people "live there" instead of looking toward solutions.

I sure agree with you though that times are tough and people do need compassion. They also need encouragement and not to be drug down and told there is no way to get out of that pit. There are ways. Change employers. Change careers.

Get better at what you do or change to something you can do better.

I appreciate your message and the fact that you realize that a job normally has good and bad along with it. If it does turn out to be all bad, it's time to leave it behind and find something that works for you. You've already done that. I've already done that. It wasn't easy for me, but it sure was worth it. Medical Transcription was a better option for me and the one I turned to when my last career was not working. I wish for everyone that they find something that works well, not perfectly of course, for them.

You said it - looks like some people need a reality check - Suzanne

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll tell you like my mom told me many many years ago.

Be grateful for what you have. Do you know how many people would love to have a job like yours (this was over 10 years ago) or even a job at all. She said you should be thankful for what you have and don't b&m about things you don't have. So your boss is upset that you made an error. Learn from it. Don't expect they're going to praise you every day you work. There are things going on in their lives too. Nobody's job is perfect, but you just make the best of it. If you don't like it then find another job. My grandma was there too (she was born in 1910) and she told me when she was little she didn't have a lot to eat but she didn't complain because they were thankful for what they had. She wanted to go to school, but they had no shoes and very little clothes and they learned to read and write at home during their early years. My great grandmother was born in Ireland in the late 1800s and she and her siblings had to spend every minute of daylight gathering coal to burn at night time to keep warm. And they didn't complain.

I am grateful for what I have. Many people in my family are unemployed, which makes me even more grateful to have what I do. Would I like a raise...you bet...I'm making less than a lot of other people, but I like my job, I like my supervisors, I like that I don't have to get up early to get dressed up, spend a half hour or more in traffic. I save on gas, clothing, lunches, coffee funds, birthday funds, and all the other hassles of going into work. I don't get yelled at anymore if I'm 3 minutes past my logging in time. I don't have kids, but I do have animals and I like being around them during the day. I liked my past jobs just fine and the people I worked with, but I like this now.

I think people should be thankful for what they have and stop whining about what they don't have and how they constantly want to be praised, etc. I read posts on this board about someone complaining about one company, yet other people are happy there. If you are unhappy with what you are doing or your job then it's time to look for something else. My parents, grandparents, and great grandparents went though much harder times then I/we do and they didn't complain. They did what they had to. I'm a single income family, DH cannot get work and I don't complain about mine.

Excellent Message! You said it beautifully. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
lm

From OP...THANK YOU! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Okay, I am grateful that my MTSO gave me such a pay cut - that I cannot pay all of my bills now.

[ In Reply To ..]
Singing, so gratefully here.

While they board members get richer and richer.

The reality is that I am looking at being in the streets. I am my sole bread winner.

That is reality.

You need to be careful. Karma can get you, too.

Don't be so snooty.

It will come back to you.

Have you looked for another job? - Suzanne

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you talked to your supervisor? Have you put out applications? Have you searched of ways to lower your bills? Have you done anything to change your situation?

I never said that people should be grateful that they cannot pay their bills, but you are the only one who can do anything about it. There was nothing in my post that was snooty. Just tellin it like it is. I call it "Words of wisdom from my ancestors". Since I do everything I can to help out people when I can (being a one income family makes it tight, and more times than not I have not been able to pay a bill here), I think my Karma is just fine, but thank you for your concern.

It reminds me of that saying "There's no fate but what we make for ourselves". To me that means that I am the only one who can change my situation.

I also read a post about Karma and Morality. It is up to each individual to look at their own morals. People should not be lecturing other people about their Karma. In the end you will be eating your own words.

I'm sorry - need work

[ In Reply To ..]
that you are having such a hard time. I know you have to be very scared and not sure what to do.

I will be praying for you and your situation. You know, I have just recently lost my job and we had been very low on work for quite a while, and I have to admit that I have been feeling very sorry for myself and worried. I am fortunate though that I am not the only one working in my family.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I realized that I don't have to look very far to find someone worse off than me and I need to quit feeling sorry for myself.

Again, I am very sorry for your situation and if you need any leads on jobs, let me know. I have been doing a lot of searching and wouldn't mind passing on the information that I have gathered. I have been looking off of the beaten path in the hopes of trying to find a decent company.

Good luck to you and I will be praying for you. God Bless.

comparing today with your parents/grandparents days is unrealistic here. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

Comparing Virtues and Characteristics That Helped Them Survive Is Certainly Relevant - Not Meaning To Be Harsh Though

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's perfectly relevant to look back on how courageous our ancestors have been, even just as far back as our parents and grandparents. What did they do and how did they do it that we have replaced with gripes and complaints on message boards? Okay, they were out on the streets selling apples in some cases, not fun, but most of them did pull up their sleeves and did something about their situation. I know my Dad did. Nobody worked harder than he did, but I never heard one word of complaint ever. That's the kind of character I admire.

Not meaning to be harsh, just to suggest to anyone who is really serious about their predicament that those old sayings like, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" really have merit.
Thank you - see message - Suzanne
[ In Reply To ..]
This is what I was talking about. It's the virtues and characteristics people have. Our relatives did do whatever they had to do to survive and no, they did not complain. They didn't all gather (because they didn't have internet or gab boards) to whine about their situation, they gathered together to figure out how they could better their situation. Our dads sure are of a different generation. Mine too has worked all his life. He joined the Navy on the day he was old enough to so he could support his family (he had to support 2 parents and 2 siblings). He sent every penny he earned home, only keeping enough for soap, toothpaste, and that stuff) and he never complained. He was grateful for what he had. He is now 75 years old and has been unemployed for over a year now and needs work bad, but he doesn't complain. In fact when I talk to him he keeps a positive light about it. He knows at 75 years old the chances of him being hired are not all that great, but he keeps plugging along and doesn't whine about it. I try and follow in my dad and ancestors footsteps. When my mom and grandma told me that I am the only one who can change my situation and instead of whining (10+ years ago) I should do something about it, it woke something up in me, and now I try to be as good of a person as they were. Which is pretty hard to fill as they were perfect in every way.

No it's not. Complaining is complaining - Suzanne

[ In Reply To ..]
whether or not you do it now or they did it back then. There is no difference in the words my mom and grandparents told me that if you are unhappy with a situation you are the only one who can change it, or if I was to tell that to my grandkids today.
If you dont complain, dont try to change things, and are - happy with the status-quo, then it will never chan
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You can change yourself, but all the griping and complaining in the world never changed others - Never helped the griper either.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
you say griping, some say communicating - ggmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Despite people wanting to dismiss things as just complaining, ungratefulness, or griping, posting about problems in a public forum results in communication. Discussion about the issues straightens things out, causes others to think differently about a situation, even gets people organized so they can make changes. We work in an industry where, if it weren't for public forums, we would have NO idea what was going on. I think it's terrible that some of you are saying everyone should just shut up and accept their lot, especially in THIS industry.
Communicating with us? The arguments, duhs, and wahs communicate the wrong message - I do not think it is working
[ In Reply To ..]
It's going to take a higher form of communication and a better targeted one as well. Griping and complaining or whining is not a good communication technique anywhere!

Communication includes content, something that improves skills or informs. Whining does none of those.
I always read and think that's 1 person who is whiny and probably an ineffective worker - So I cannot relate
[ In Reply To ..]
In anything, you have people who do well and people who don't. When I see the whiny messages, I just read it and realize it's someone who doesn't communicate well and, with that whiny attitude, isn't someone I would want working for me if I were an employer. It makes sense that the whiner isn't doing well. That's not effective communication.

Similar Messages:

Pay Complaints?
Oct 12, 2011

How are people only making minimum wage.  I am an MT/MME/QA and between all three different pay ranges for each one I average 16-17$/hour, even when I do not have my most familiar accounts.  ...

DQ7.1 Complaints..Please Help If You Know
Oct 03, 2012

Can no longer capitalize the first letter in a sentence by hitting the space bar..and YES my capitalize toggle is on Expansion list is not easily navigated.  When Ctrl E cannot just quickly arrow up and down if you need to look for an expansion that you cannot recall what letters you assigned Phyisician look-up:  In consults or dictator for..what short cut to search for doctors.  Now when I alt I to get me to the optional part to fill in referring MD or dictator for I have to us ...

Are We Getting More And More Complaints Now
Feb 20, 2013

new TSM and new QC and it seems as though we are all doing wrong all of a sudden?  on accounts that are always complaining? and we are always out of work.  or is it just me? ...

Complaints
Mar 13, 2015

falling on deaf ears.  Constant account jumping, humanly impossible accuracy score and line count, extremely poor dictators, horribly picky clients who want this and that but not this and that, management that will not communicate.  If this is progression of technology and corporate greed, I'll go back to the good ole days when the primary concern for doctors, hospitals, clinics, transcriptionists, etc. was for the patient and the patient alone! ...

Two Complaints Here, On QA/QASAR
Jan 22, 2010

Enlighten this old gal.   Weren't we told to change q.h.s. to at bedtime some time ago (AHDI rules)?   and also were we not supposed to be ignoring commas versus semicolons.   I majored in English in college.   I am an old-school grammar girl, and a former editor of a publishing company.  I do know my grammar and punctuation; but really it is not that crucial to the report.  Only when you leave out periods... Now, the qhs situation.  P ...

Owner Complaints About ICs
May 13, 2011

Is there anywhere on this website that it is appropriate for owners to post about people who have been ICs with your company and you would like others to know about their work quality, etc?  I am just so fed up with we, as the owners, being put down about we did this or that, but we, as the owners, never have a say about the ones we weed out of our company because of work quality, etc.  Just upset and venting...but I would like to know if there is an area to post this information. ...

Nine Years, No Complaints, Now On QA?
Nov 30, 2011

None of my work for the past three days have gone through because I've been put on full QA.  Not one complaint.  They've hired a lot of new MT's so I'm wondering if they're looking to get rid of us older ones so they can pay less. Ever had this happen? ...

Transcend MLS Here. I See All These Complaints About
Sep 01, 2012

currently.  I have worked at Transcend for 8 years and I don't think I've ever been audited.  Is this to change and will we soon be at the mercy of Nuance QC?  I sure hope not by the description of the QC complaints here. ...

Re: Complaints About MTSOs
Jun 30, 2013

"complete power corrupts completely" these companies have complete power over us and we [as a whole] have given it to them.   there are lessons to be learned to all in healthcare from what happened to MT.   ...

So What Is New And Improved With Mail And Other Complaints
Jun 29, 2010

So, due to decreased pay constantly going down the spiral staircase, I could not pay my Charter internet DSL any longer.  I had to go to dial up because AT&T does not have DSL in my little spit of property.  IT IS A NIGHTMARE!!   I changed my schedule to graveyard so I would not be disconnected everytime someone calls me.  I don't have the money to pay for an extra line.  Charter wanted $89 a month for DSL only.   Of course, they wanted me to bund ...

COMPANY RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS ABOUT BABBLETYPE
Apr 23, 2013

Hi. My name is John Feldcamp and I’m the CEO of Babbletype. I’ve been reading this discussion thread over for the first time and have decided to respond to the comments below. I’m doubtful if I’m making the right choice in doing so, since there are certain people who, once they decide you are the enemy, don’t much care about the finer points of what may or may actually not be true. But on the other hand, MT Stars has brought us many great people that have done well ...

She Had A *litnea* Of Complaints Includi.ng Occipitally Based Headaches. Thanks. Nm
Apr 14, 2010

nm ...

Regarding Complaints About Waiting For Work To Make Min. Line Count.
Jul 21, 2011

A couple of year ago, the company I was working for was off-shoring all they could, which left many of us without work.  We were required to clock in, out, in, out, in, out........ during our shift, but had to do so many hours and so many lines.  When it go next to impossible, and I was working days, nights, and weekends to try to make the minimum, I complained to my AM and asked that we bring in a third party on this issue, as I was not being supplied with the minimum amount of work r ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...

This Whole Industry
Aug 22, 2013

Here's the problem with MT's who work at home:  There's not one out of six of you that have ever grown a pair of cajones. ...

BOS And Their Industry Standard?
Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard? ...

Industry Trends
Mar 21, 2010

I'm new to this board, but have been in the business a while.  There's obviously a lot of dissatisfaction on the way work is being moved to India and Speech Recognition.  Its affected me, too.  But, it is what it is.  The healthcare facilities  are being forced to cut costs, and the MTSOs have to respond to keep the business, which is unfortunate for us. First, there was India.  HealthScribe, Focus Informatics, CBay, Heartland and others pushed this ...

Backpaddeling With MT Industry.
Jan 19, 2012

Backpaddeling with MT industry.. In no time, it is going to hit deadend or get crashed ... CONCERNED, IRRITATTED, ANGRY, FRUSTRATED MT.   ...

No Future In This Industry?
Jun 29, 2012

I don't know why I'm posting, just a last bit of hope left in me.  I have devoted my entire adult life to this industry, what I used to consider a career. Over the decades, I became a top-notch professional MT, basically 100% accuracy, never needed QA help, and was a huge producer.   Fast forward 20 years, and I climbed up the ladder in our industry, joining QA, being a team lead, then up into management levels, and.... rather than have my salary 'commensurate with ...

MT Industry In Other Countries
Sep 24, 2012

Since the MT industry has suffered in the US with outsourcing to India and speech recognition, I was wondering if the transcription industry in other countries such as Canada, Britain, or others are suffering as well. Does anyone know about the nature of their work? ...

A Flicker Of Hope For This Industry!!!
May 04, 2010

I spoke with a wonderful company today that offered IC positions and the owner of the company told me that she refuses to offshore because she could not honestly tell her clients that she can be HIPPA compliant when the files leave the US soil and that she refuses to under bid her MTs who contract with her and she tells anybody who wants to do business with her that she will not offshore and she chooses to pay her MTs an honest living wage!!!!  Hooray for her.  I was really impressed w ...

So Glad To Escape MQ And The Industry!!!
Jul 31, 2010

After nearly 20 years in this industry, I am happy to say that I am free now!  Praise God! ...

How Long Has It Been Since The MT Industry Started
Apr 18, 2012

I am fairly new to this. I have always worked as an MT, but always paid hourly. Obviously 4 cents per line is not enough for anyone to survive on unless you are doing it for supplemental income. So my question is when did these companies start paying 4 cents per line and how long has this been going on? I am just curious how so many have survived so long on these wages. Thanks. ...

I Wish The MT Industry Would Go On Undercover Boss
Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't that be an eye-opener for some of these MTSOs?  ...

People Who Will Stay In This Industry.
Jul 01, 2012

I think as things go forward the people that will stay in this industry are those with their own benefits either through husbands or retirement age or buying their own that dont need to support themselves or anyone else fully and have other income again either through a significant other, husband, etc. or are retired and collecting pensions and SS and what have you.  This will help fill in retirement as far as financial, keeping the mind active and help with keeping in the job market.  ...

The MT Industry Is Dead. Do You Agree Or Disagree? Nm
Nov 30, 2009

nm ...

Support Our Industry And Jobs - Please Write These
Mar 05, 2010

Instructions and model letter provided here.  INSTRUCTIONS: Instructions for Letter Writing 1. Find out who your federal legislators are: a. Find out who your Representative is by using the zip code search at www.house.gov. b. Find out who your two Senators are by using the “Find Your Senators” option at www.senate.gov. 2. Address your letters as follows: a. For Senators: The Honorable (Full Name) United States Senate Washington, DC 20510 Dear Senator (Last Name) b. ...