A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To those in MModal Coding Training Program. - TiredMT

Posted: Jun 06, 2014

I was just curious to find out how the MTs are doing that were accepted into the first Coding training program working 20 hours paid training and 20 hours as MT.   I am possibly considering applying if it is offered again and wanted some experienced opinions of those in it.    Thank you!

See the coding/medical billing forum on this site. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

This IS the Coding/Medical Billing forum. - ??

[ In Reply To ..]

Originally posted on MM board and moved here. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
And how would we know that. - n
[ In Reply To ..]
Common sense - I had no problem
[ In Reply To ..]
Understanding what happened.
You might not have known that - but someone did
[ In Reply To ..]
You might not gave known that, but someone did and they shared it with you because you asked.

I don't understand why their answer deserved a snarky "and how would we know that."

Aside from all the dumb and inappropriate - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
responses below, I was under the impression (as an MM MT not previously selected for the coding program) that we did not apply to be in but were individually selected to test to be in it.

I know if I had the choice, I would have opted to take it, but since I'm 63 and don't intend to work past 65, I know I will never have the chance.

In any case, if I were interested in coding, I would not go the MM route. I'd be really afraid after the 1-year committment that only place I would be eligible to work in coding would be MM.
Last I heard it was a 2 year commitment. Did - that change? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
yes it is 1 year - East MT
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Could anyone apply at MM? - ac
[ In Reply To ..]
Were there any prerequisites or just anyone who passed the test?
We had to be notified to take the test, and not - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
all of us were. Do not know criteria. Did not receive invite. Am not the only one.
Everyone could test unless you were on performance - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
management.

You may have been missed on the email. If you hear about it again and still don't receive the email, I would ask your TSM for the email.

Interesting. - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been covering the shift from Hades for 19 years now; I don't think my supervisor wants me to go anywhere. I'm eligible to retire, so I don't think they would want to retrain me in any case.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Consensus Of The Best Training Program For Coding?
Dec 08, 2010

I am thinking of learning coding and would like to know what is the best training program for coding?  Thanks. ...

Guess I Will Not Be In The Next MModal Coding Program,
Mar 03, 2015

I just heard from someone who was in the class.  They took the final test and then the very next day they discontinued the program.   Don't know any other specifics.  Feel bad for the students.  Hopefully they can use any knowledge they gained to their benefit.  ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Anyone A Graduate Of M-TEC Training Program Or, Know Anyone?
Jan 05, 2010

I'm researching MT training programs & M-TEC seems to be the most recommended & credible, so far.  However, the price is over double the others, I suppose for good reason. Anyone trained w/M-TEC or, have any advice on training programs?  M-TEC, Andrews & Career Step keep popping up. thx so much. ...

Best MT Training Program? Thought It Was M-TEC!
Jan 06, 2010

I'm researching MT Training Programs & thought M-TEC was supposed to be the best.  However, just noticed on this Board, they've been bought out & program shortened, etc.? Now I'm really confused as to which is the best school for training & assistance with getting hired afterwards. Any recommendations? thx. ...

MTatHome Training Program
May 10, 2010

Is anyone familiar with the MTatHome Training Program.  I'm interested in becoming a MT.  What type of salary could I expect to make just starting out? ...

Ritecode Training Program?
Dec 31, 2014

If anyone has any experience with this coding training program, please share your comments. Thank you. ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

QMedET Solutions - Training They Offer Through Their PATH Program?
Apr 27, 2012

Anyone applied to this company and gone through the training they offer through their PATH program?   Have  never encountered anything like this and was wondering if anyone could share information.   Sounds really time consuming.  ...

Coding Training
Oct 05, 2012

Long time MT wanting to expand into coding to give myself more options.  I would like to know which places offer good training.  Thanks!  ...

Need Advice--Coding Or MTE Training
Jul 09, 2012

Any advice for getting some training in Coding/Billing or MTE training?  I have been unemployed for over a year.  Some schools will allow you to take advantage of the WIA program.  Looking for perhaps some advice on which way to go.  I am almost 57 years old and not sure which direction to head.  Thanks! ...

MM Offering Coding Training
Mar 10, 2014

it says if we qualify we will have three months of training, then spend three months in their apprentice program, and then will be given positions with them as coders.  We then have to work for them for 2 years or pay back for the program.  It doesn't talk about compensation or any certification.  Do you think this is a good idea? ...

MT Considering Coding/billing Training
Mar 13, 2014

I have been an MT for seven years and for the most part do enjoy the work, but find the "feast or famine" nature of the work difficult to make a decent living.  I will soon be divorced and won't have my husband's income to help support the house.  I have been thinking about training for medical coding and/or billing and am looking into different online courses.  I was considering a bundled course at MedicalBillingCourse.com.  Has anyone completed this course an ...

Coding Pay After Training And Apprenticeship Is
Mar 13, 2014

My HDSM answered my question about pay as follows......"pay is structured differently and is hourly.  Initial pay is based on experience with the growth potential to be more than transcription."  How do you all interpret this?  I say it means that there's the possibility pay will be less than benefit rate to start.  No one will have enough "experience" to justify anything higher than their minmum pay rate.  Feedback welcome :-) ...

CTC Coding Online Training
Dec 15, 2014

I am looking at various online options and have found CTC through the AAPC website.  I was hoping someone might have some experience or knowledge of this training program that they would be willing to share.  TIA! ...

Coding And Billing Training
Dec 31, 2014

I'm thinking about making the transition from transcription to coding/billing.  What are the best schools to attend?  I have seen many courses online, but not sure which ones are the best.  Thanks! ...

Question Abt MModal's VR Program Please? Sm
May 02, 2012

Can anyone share if the MModal VR platform has the option to attach the cursor to the voice on screen?  I ask b/c I used MModal at a different employer years ago and it did not work, driving me nuts!  Now my current hospital is moving to the MModal platform and I'm just curious if the VR has improved to allow the cursor to "move with" the voice?  TIA for any info. ...

I Am Almost Done With My Coding Program But
Sep 22, 2011

now I don't know if I want to be a coder :(.  I planned on taking the CPC and then after a few years taking the CCS.  Before I started my program, I was naive and didn't realize how difficult and complex coding is.  I don't know that I can sit in front of a computer for 8 hours and code all day long.  It's almost too much like MTing (desk work, I mean).  Plus, I am not confident in my ability to even pass the CPC.  I am not very satisfied with th ...

Has Anyone Gone To Heald College For Coding Training?
Nov 02, 2010

I've been going back and forth regarding which school to go to.  I'd prefer to do online training but would still like to have an instructor that I could ask questions of, speak to on the phone, etc.  I live in California in the central valley, anyone who has attended Heald college for coding I would love to hear from them. ...

Going To Start Training In Coding ASAP
Jul 07, 2013

I am going to start training in coding ASAP.  I have been a transcriptionist for many years in house, and it is time for me to go.  My hospital does not offer tuition assistance for coding.   I need advice.  CCS versus CPC -- which is better paying or is there a difference?  I work with someone with a CPC-A.  Is that apprentice degree something you HAVE to do, because I'd rather avoid that as much as possible.  CareerStep Versus Andrews -- From what I can tell, CareerStep is affilli ...

MT Looking To Take A Course In Either Medical Billing Or Coding To Have Something Else For Training
Feb 25, 2014

I need to make a switch if I should lose my transcription job. Which would you recommend to get into first? Wondering if I should take a medical billing course first which would help me get hired somewhere else and does have a billing background help with coding?? I have a local vocational school that offers a medical billing course but nothing nearby that offers coding. Also I would prefer to do an online course and not sure which one would be the best. I don't want to spend money if ...

MModal Perks Program. I Just Bought A
Oct 23, 2014

tablet from Best Buy last week, then got the MM Perks reminder email, so I looked to see how much I would've saved if I'd bought it through that.  The answer is nothing.  It was literally the same price.  So what exactly is the point of the Perks program? ...

Which Online Coding Program
Aug 17, 2010

How does one know which online coding program to take when they all seem pretty good, besides the price difference? I specifically want to know about AHIMA or Career Step from someone who has graduated and found a job. I know they have testimonials on their website, but how does one really know?  I was thinking about either their program or the one from AHIMA, which seems a lot longer, but apparently with either you will be able to sit for the credentialing exam, and they seem to be close in ...

Does Anyone Know If The Andrews Coding Program...sm
Dec 09, 2010

offers training of the 3M encoding software?  I read that Career Step does and when I look at most coding jobs, they require training and experience using 3M encoding software.  Thanks for your help! ...

AHDPG Coding Program
Jan 18, 2012

Has anyone attended thisl AHDPG coding program?  I see they are recommended by AAPC.  I am a little leary of them as I have never heard of them  before. ...

Question About A Particular Coding Program
Sep 07, 2012

I am looking for a medical coding program and have been checking into various ones. I came across this one and it seems too good to be true. All others have been at least $1000 but usually more than that. This programs states it is only $349 for a 6 month indepth course. You can find it at www.medicalcodingpro.com or just google Medical Coding Pro. My concern is, does this program really train you from scratch or is it meant as a refresher course for people who have worked in this field pr ...

Is It Important To Take A Coding Program That Is
Jul 29, 2013

or does it mostly boil down to going to a school with a good curriculum and then getting a certification? I'm trying to decide between a community college program and Career Step.  The community college program, I won't be able to graduate from until 2015, which seems like forever, but with Career Step, I could be done in a year from now.  Career Step is AHIMA approved, and MModal (my current employer) told me that the AHIMA approval is important. ...

CPC/CCS Coding Program Other Than Andrews
Sep 03, 2013

Does anyone know of a (non-degree) program other than Andrews that upon completion will allow you to be eligible to sit for the CCS and CPC exam. I have researched the Andrews program and think it sounds great and comes with awesome recommendations from this board. I just want to explore any other options available before I take the plunge. Not necessarily needing a degree, already have Masters in Health Administration. Thanks so much. ...

Coding Program And FT/PT Status . Wonder
Mar 11, 2014

If chosen for this program and moving down to PT production, I wonder if you are then considered PT and will lose health benefits? Has anyone inquired about this yet? ...

MM Coding Program Questions
May 08, 2014

For those of you in the HDS2Coder program, how do you like it?  Would you recommend it to other MM employees?  Is it harder than you expected or take up more of your time than expected?  I'm just wanting to know how you all are doing in there in case they offer the program again in July.  Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on!! ...