A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Coding Schools - Andrews - houndstooth

Posted: Jul 14, 2011

In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with Andrews. I went through their medical transcription training course and did very well with my job search. Based on my training at Andrews, I have not had a problem with employment tests, passing the RMT and CMT, etc., and with the coding program, as long as I study hard  and do the assignments, I believe that I will have the same experience. Based on the excellent training I received at Andrews, I am beginning to go through the coding course. The instructors are all very well-qualified, are always available, (and have a great sense of humor). :0) Over the years, I have had virtual contact with many of the instructors and always keep in touch with Linda. She loves to hear from her students, and once you graduate from Andrews that does not mean you are pushed to one side. We all keep in touch and graduates/students are around to answer questions. I, too, looked at a lot of different schools, including on-line schools, local colleges, and universities. To me, they were only concerned about getting your $$$ and not about whether you learned the information. Based on the research I have done,  Andrews provides much more than any of the other programs and one of my favorite things is that  personal touch. One of the the things I have enjoyed about Andrews is the community environment. You have a feeling of family right from the beginning. AMong many other things, you will be learning the ICD-9 in order to meet the increased requirements of the ICD-10. The instructors are certified and are thorough. You will be more than ready when that ICD-10 transformation occurs and Andrews will make sure you are ready and able to handle this before you graduate. I wish you luck in your decision, but mine would be with Andrews every time.  Hope to see you on the Andrews' Coding Board soon!!! I could go on and on, and please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

coding schools - houndstooth - jan2

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi. Could you give me contact info? I went to their on-line site but didn't get very far. Also, I heard there are funds available from Government for learning ICD-10. Have you heard of this? Is cost (without any reimbursement money) around $10,000? Thanks.

Contact Info For Andrews - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Contact information would be linda@andrewsschool.com or 405-721-3555.

No, it should not be anywhere near $10,000 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Andrews is $3800. Everything is included.

I don't know about government funds for this. If you're considering a loan, be careful about getting sucked into a diploma mill. They offer loans that can sound really good, especially in the short term, but which are ruinous.

Similar Messages:

Coding Schools - Do Hospitals Respect Andrews?
Nov 17, 2011

I know Andrews is the school recommended for MT training, but is it equally recommended for coding school?  I'm looking into community colleges, etc., but wanted to check into online schools as well.  Do hospitals respect Andrews as much as they would a community college degree for coding? ...

Coding Schools--online Or Local Community College? Andrews Or M-TEC?
Mar 24, 2013

Hi - I am struggling with what to do, somebody please help! I have read that Andrews and M-TEC are the best schools online.  I am just concerned that I won't do well without hands on learning in a classroom?  I could really use some advice from some people who have done the coding courses through these places? Which is the best, and how does it work exactly?  Thanks ...

Medical Transcription Schools CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec
Jan 19, 2010

3 schools were recommended, CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec, not sure which one to go with.  The tuition goes from $1875-$4975, I am curious why such a huge difference and what is the normal time frame for training.  Some say a 4 month program, a 6 month program & a 9 month program.  Any info is appreciated! Can anyone recommend one of these schools over the other? ...

AHIMA Or Andrews? Arent These Two Schools Both EQUAL?
May 16, 2010

I would think the AHIMA would be a great place to take the medical coding classes.  They are the ones giving the certification examination and certification. I dont hear many people enrolled in AHIMA Cluster Program for Medical Coding. I wonder why? seems so many people go off this board and then follow along. ...

Pls Share Opinions On Schools Andrews, Meditech And CareerStep
May 03, 2012

No msg. ...

Coding Schools - Where Did YOU Go?
Jun 01, 2010

Okay, here we go again.....if anyone has attended a coding school in the last year, is attending a coding school, could you please post your thoughts (was it worth the money, quality, etc)?  I know several people are still on the fence as to whether to pay the large sum to go to a private school (Andrews, DeVry) or attend community colleges in preparation to take their credentials in coding.  I've been reading posts saying the education from all is basically the same, of course it ...

So Many Coding Schools..recommendations?
Jun 23, 2011

I'm one of many MTs who are considering coding. I want to do acute care coding, or hospital/surgical. I've spoke with Allied, AAPC, and both sound reasonable for CPC-H certification. Does anyone have any experiences with either or other schools/courses they will share? ...

Before You Commit To Coding Schools
May 16, 2011

Hi all, I just wanted to say, before you commit to a coding course, make sure you have enough time to study! I started Andrews School last year, and right after I started I found out I was pregnant.  I work a full time job and now have a new baby.  After I completed the first module and started the second module, I was so stressed out I needed a break, now I am having trouble getting back into the swing of things and finding the time to study.  My entire tuition is paid for and I ...

Coding And Billing Schools
Sep 16, 2011

Just lost my part-time transcripton job and starting to hear that this field is becoming extinct. Thinking about going to school online for billing and coding.  Anybody know of a oustanding accredited school?  Do not want to waste time and money barking up the wrong tree.  Is it costly? ...

Choices Of Schools For Coding
Jan 10, 2012

I am trying to sort through the different options out there for education in coding - is there an online school that most of you would recommend?  I am officially out of  MT'ing after 20 years, threw up my hands, literally, gave up trying to make a living at it.  I would probably use up half of my savings for schooling, but after many months of trying on different "hats", so to speak, in the work force, my heart is pulling me back to the medical field.  Opinions??? ...

Medical Coding Schools
Jun 06, 2012

I have been researching schools & certifications for coding and getting a bit overwhelmed! I have pretty much decided on an online course but now to decide which one? From reading the forums i hear Andrews college is pretty good but this will cost $3800 and take about a yr. Another option i have is thru Ivy Tech which will be covered by FAFSA grant. I also checked into the classes directly thru AAPC. Is anyone familiar with any of these online classes that could give me some input? I am lean ...

Coding Schools/education
Mar 26, 2014

I think it would be very helpful for many people if some of the more senior coding people on this forum could advise on what new coders should look for in a school or training program.  I'm not looking for specific names, but rather that you should make sure your school teaches A, B and C.  Things you want to avoid are X, Y and Z.    Personally, my first school would probably have done the trick (a community college) if not for the fact that they only off ...

Coding Classes - Tons Of Schools
May 10, 2010

I have looked at tons of schools and read tons of info.  I am down to AAPC or Career step.  Which one is better?  And have you taken either at career step or AAPC ...

One More Question On Schools... Meditec. Does Anyone Know Much About The Coding Course Offered Thro
Nov 07, 2010

Just cannot decide between Meditec, AAPC, Career Step or Andrews.... ARGHHH   I am hoping to get into outpatient coding, preferably in an orthopedic practice!  I want the most in-depth training that is out there.  I want to be fully prepared.  If Andrews is most expensive but offers the most in-depth training, I will go with them.  It's a hard decision to make especially with so many different schools out there! ...

Andrews Coding
Mar 21, 2015

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Andrews coding program and if so did you pass the exams? Did you land a job immediately after completing the course? How difficult are the exams and how long did it take to complete the course? I was an MT for years but now I am looking for other options as the MT field has changed way too much and is no longer financially doable for me. ...

Best Coding Course Besides Andrews?
Apr 09, 2015

Hello all.  I am not a troll and am truly wondering if there is a coding course that is more economic than Andrews but still TEACHES you to code?  I am an MT but have no experience with coding.  Please help!  Thanks so much.   ...

Does Anyone Know If The Andrews Coding Program...sm
Dec 09, 2010

offers training of the 3M encoding software?  I read that Career Step does and when I look at most coding jobs, they require training and experience using 3M encoding software.  Thanks for your help! ...

Andrews School Of Coding A
Dec 19, 2010

Andrews School of Medical Coding and Transcription........... Just wanted to say a few words about Andrews School of Coding. 3 years ago I finished an AHIMA accredited program for Health Information, going through the program I realized there were some gaps that I needed to fill in on the coding end. I love AHIMA and being part of the organizaiton, and look forward to working in the field for a long time.  What I am finding with Andrews is that they offer an indepth, hands on training spe ...

Cost Of Andrews Coding Course?
Jun 30, 2013

Can anyone tell me the cost of the coding course at Andrews? Do you still get a discount if you completed the medical transcription course? ...

Andrews For Coding - Have To Be A Citizen?
Jul 26, 2013

I am interested in The Andrews School for medical coding, but I see on their website that you have to be a citizen.  I am a resident alien and I am wondering why you are required to be a citizen in order to attend the school.  Thanks in advance. ...

What's The Best Coding School Outside Of Andrews?
Aug 03, 2013

I was wondering what the best coding school is, other than Andrews? ...

CPC/CCS Coding Program Other Than Andrews
Sep 03, 2013

Does anyone know of a (non-degree) program other than Andrews that upon completion will allow you to be eligible to sit for the CCS and CPC exam. I have researched the Andrews program and think it sounds great and comes with awesome recommendations from this board. I just want to explore any other options available before I take the plunge. Not necessarily needing a degree, already have Masters in Health Administration. Thanks so much. ...

Andrews Coding Students
Dec 15, 2013

How long did it take you to finish the coding course? Thanks. ...

I Want To Consider Going To Andrews For Their Coding Program
Apr 27, 2015

and I think I'd enjoy the job (after researching for the past year). I really want to do something interesting for the rest of my working life (and still have a career rather than just a job like I do now), but now I'm starting to wonder if I am too old at 58.  I guess I'd get through the schooling in about 12 months, then take the CCS exam (takes time?) and then I say give myself up to a year to find a job (??).  That would mean I could be pushing 60 when I began.  ...

Can Andrews' Coding Course Be Completed In Less Than 12 Months?
Jan 24, 2011

I've been looking at both Andrews and Career Step for online coding classes.  One thing that I've noticed (other than the cost differences) is that the Career Step course can be completed in as little as 4 months.  It seems the Andrews course takes a minimum of 12 months.  Is it possible to complete it in less time or is that frowned upon?  If I had the extra money and time, I would probably be leaning toward Andrews (particularly since I already completed thei ...

Andrews Coding/CMT CECs Question
May 06, 2012

I just spent a few hours getting some CECs for my CMT and it got me thinking. Does anyone know if the coding program at Andrews could be used for my CMT CECs? I apologize if this has been discussed in the past. I tried to search the archives but came up with nothing. Thank you for any input! ...

Andrews School And Medical Coding
Jul 29, 2012

Andrews School and Medical Coding.  Is this a good program. ...

Any Andrews Coding Graduates Getting Jobs?
Oct 07, 2012

Has anyone graduating from the Andrews coding course gotten jobs. I know how hard it is to get a job without prior experience. I am 61 and wondering if it is worth the expense and effort to take the couse. I have fifteen years of MT experience and also have worked in a hospital for years before that. Thanks. ...

Questions For Andrews Coding Graduates (sm)
Jan 08, 2013

I have been doing research on the various coding programs out there and before I spend a large amount of money on training, I want to ask former Andrews coding students a couple of questions. 1. Did you pass the certification exam(s) and, if so, did you feel like the schooling that you received prepared you for the exam? 2. Are you currently working as a coder and, if not, how long have you been actively looking for a job and have you been able to get job interviews. I realize that getting ...

Andrews Coding: Time To Complete?
Jun 30, 2013

One thing I haven't seen posted re: Andrews is a reasonable expectation of a timeframe for an experienced MT to complete their program.  What has been everybody's experience thus far? I realize we all have different home situations and some are pulled in more directions than others.  I work full-time.  Kids are no longer underfoot.  Not caring for parents as they are deceased already.  No yard to tend. I've found myself cornered into an untenab ...