A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone ever experience burnout? - Crispy

Posted: Jun 05, 2013

Please, no snarky comments.  I know I'm blessed to have a good job and be able to work from home.  But I'm burnt out.  Fried.  Crispy.  This has been going on for about six months.  Anyone else brought themselves out of this?

I'm an MT and I have been this way for over a year. SM - mtwith6yearstogo

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to be able to talk myself out of it but not lately. I take more breaks, go for walks, try to get away from the computer more. I daydream about doing something else but no specific plans.

I hope someone else posts something more helpful. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Burnout - Emma

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if this is the same as burnout, but I had a very difficult time working at home, I had trouble with the social isolation and I got depressed (this was also as an MT). I had the opportunity to return to working on site and took advantage of that. I'm one of those people who needs to go through the motions of getting ready in the morning and actually going somewhere. For me, that was the downside of working at home.

I came out of it - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how well this solution will work for others or would even advise it, but it worked for me. Funny you post this on the coding board. I was burnt out on MT, had a hard time even making it through the day, production way down, no motivation whatsoever. I decided to learn coding thinking a career change would help me. After a couple of months, I felt like both coding and MT were too much, so I went part-time as an MT to focus on my studies. I think working part-time helped me so much, you really do need time away to get some perspective. Well anyway, I finished the coding course and could not find a job, and money was running low so I got another part-time MT job and it turns out I love it now, got my mojo back. Production is up, motivation is high, loving my job again, never thought it could happen, but it did. So I guess I have my coding education to thank for that, so it was not all in vain. Keeping up my credentials anyway, never know what will happen. Good luck to you, things can change.

Thank you all. - You have given some good advice.

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Similar Messages:

Burnout!!!
May 03, 2012

Okay, I have been having a total burnout this week and don't know where to turn. After doing MT work for 15 years with the last couple of years being forced to do VR with awful docs and the reports being such a mess that I could do them faster starting from scratch, I just want to be done! They are getting so bad that the other day I made about $4.00 to $6.00 an hour and worked about a 12-hour day just to make what I need to make on a daily basis so we can make ends meet.   I' ...

Burnout From MT... What To Do?
Apr 17, 2015

Hello everyone.  I feel strongly that I am suffering from burnout.  The problem is I cannot get out of MT just yet.  Do you have any suggestions on how to cope?  Yes, I am aware the best way to cope is to leave MT all together, but as I stated I cannot leave just yet.  Any advice is welcome!  Thank you so much!   ...

Avoiding Burnout/QA
Dec 15, 2009

I have been in transcription for over 10 years and doing QA for about 5.  I am soooo burnt out of this field.  So bored, creativity stifled, and unhappy.  Any tips on how to make my job more interesting, joyful, and creative? :(   ...

Burnout: Any Tips To Get Over It? Sm
Jan 31, 2010

I have been an MT for 13 years and lately I have been suffering from severe burnout.  I need the money so badly!!!  But it seems impossible to stay focused on my work.  Sometimes sitting down transcribing is nearly impossible - feels like trying to swallow bad cough medicine or something!  I have tried putting up pictures of reasons I need to be focusing and typing and have tried challenging myself with line counts, etc.  I just dont seem to be able to do it.  ...

Long Time MT With Burnout And Cabin Fever!
Dec 16, 2009

I've been an MT for 15 years and work full time, 40 hours a week.  Lately, I have been SO restless and bored to death with my job!  I'm married and have no kids--when my husband gets home from work, he is glad to be here; meanwhile, by mid week, I'm about to go stark raving mad due to being at home so much!  Now I'm not new at this, as I said.  I have also been in QA, which I enjoyed much more, but the pay was so dire that I went back to transcribing. ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

In Your Experience
Nov 10, 2009

I have seen that some MTs work two or three companies at a time and during the same hours.  Can you tell me if this was working with the same platform and same computer?  ...

Do You Think MT Experience Will Help In Getting An MR Job?
Feb 11, 2010

There is a hospital in my area that has 2 jobs I am interested in, one is a records analyst and the other is a records clerk.  I am definitely ready to start working outside of the home, but I fear my MT experience will not help me much in getting one of these jobs.  I am just wondering what you all think or if I should bother to apply.  I am thinking they are going to want people with hospital experience.  Thanks a bunch for any information!! ...

MD-IT..any Experience?
Apr 12, 2010

Hi.  I was recently hired as an employee with MD-IT.  I filled out all my paperwork, did my computer audit, background check, etc. and was supposed to call at 9:00 a.m. this morning to begin downloading their transcription platform.  Well, I called and got voicemail.  I left a message and have not heard back.  To me, if you have an appointment scheduled, you should be available for that appointment.  I'm sure they would expect nothing less from me.  I real ...

Experience.
Jun 08, 2010

I have been noticing that the experience level required to even get looked at for an MT job has went up. The 2 year experience mark has now went to 3 in most postings, and alot more postings are stating they want a minimum of 5 years. It is an up hill battle in an already hard market but with these kind of requirements I supose the seasoned MT's can rest a little easier and the newbies I guess can look for another line of work. I have already switched my gears and will finish my MA deg ...

Too MUCH Experience?
Jul 23, 2010

I am trying to figure why I never get a call-back on job applications anymore.  For instance I applied at one company who was advertising a week or so ago, I'm sure I did perfectly or almost so on the test, never heard from them, and yet now they are advertising again.   My range is not great, mostly ER and clinic, so maybe this is the issue but I have applied for these positions recently to no avail. I have 16 years experience and I wonder if they think I will want too much ...

How To Get Experience W/o Job & Job W/o Experience?
Sep 18, 2010

it's the old question - how to get acute care experience that everyone wants - when none of the local hospitals are hiring for MT (I've checked).  I could try "cold calling" doctor's offices and see who does their transcription (unless they have some kind of digital chart system - fill in the appropriate boxes on their laptops - I think our family doc uses that system). I actually had "formal" hospital acute care training 11 years ago - so seems like a lifetime ago.  Th ...

Can Anyone Please Tell Me Their Experience With...sm
Nov 22, 2010

eTransPlus?  I am considering sending my resume but can't afford to waste time with yet another joke.    Thanks much! ...

TTD QA Experience Anyone?
Mar 04, 2011

Anyone with any experience with TTD (The Transcription Doctors) in QA-just wondering how QA by the line works, also curious about how this company operates, or anything else that anyone wants to enlighten me on.  Archive information is old  and not that great at times, and would like some up to date information-good or bad.  You may email me if you would like.  Thank you fellow worker bees! ...

My Experience With TTS
May 26, 2011

I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know what my experience with TTS has been recently.  A job for a Delta Team member was advertised, for which I applied with my resume and cover letter.  It's worth noting here that I meet every qualification in the ad.  The job sounded like it was difficult, but I applied as I wanted a salaried position.  I received an e-mail from *******, the same one who was sent packing from another MTSO last year.  The e-mail gave all sorts of inf ...

No Experience No Job - No Job No Experience
Jul 30, 2011

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the situation of not having enough experience to get a job but not being able to get the experience if you don't get a job.  I have skiills and talent out the wazoo - I've passed numerous transcription tests - and I nearly always get a quick response to my application and resume submission.  HOWEVER, because i've never worked in a hospital and my 10 years of experience was more than three years ago - AND because I that experience w ...

TTS - Your Experience?
Sep 27, 2011

Do they really pay only 7 cents a line??  Unbelievable.  Do they base it on your experience?  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Your Experience?
Oct 27, 2011

Early on, when your experience was nil, how did you handle the struggle of trying to get your line count up while being challenged with ESL dictators as your training deadline date approached? ...

How Can I Get More Experience?
Jul 14, 2012

I was working 40 hours per week as an oncology transcriber until the company I worked for was outsourced by Nuance.  Now, I am trying to find another transcribing job that does not require 2+ years of experience.  I only have about 15 months of experience in oncology.  Does anyone have any idea of how I can get more experience so that I can eventually apply for jobs with 2+ years of experience?  I am willing to work cheap just so that I can get that two years in. ...

New MT....How To Get Experience?
Sep 17, 2012

Hello, I got a certificate from Allied schools that I completed their course for MT. I was under impression that the certificate was so that I could say I was a certified MT. I was wrong I guess. Makes sense.... I am a licensed vet tech and know that I had to take the vet tech boards before getting my certification/license for that. So my question is HOW do I do this? I want my certification and I want to be able to get some experience so I can say I have experience. HELP PLEASE. ...

Anyone Have Experience With TTS,
Jan 12, 2013

Thinking of applying and wondering if anyone has experience with this company/person ...

Anyone Experience This
Jul 18, 2013

Just curious to know if anyone else has ever had points deducted for a cc (taken from the roster) that was incorrect.    I just pull in the name when it is dictated, I don't check out their specialty, etc to make sure it is correct.  Would you?  ...

Anybody Have Experience With One-On-One?
Mar 24, 2014

Just saw their ad on the Job Seeker's Board and was wondering if anyone had heard how they are to work for.  Thank you in advance!! =) ...

Anyone Have Experience With TTS?
Dec 15, 2014

In all honesty, when I start checking out companies and reviews, all transcription companies seem to have really bad reviews. Are there any decent companies out there?     ...

How Do I Get Experience?
Jun 15, 2015

I am a transcriptionist with 25 years experience who is about to complete my A.S. in health information technology. How do I go about getting a coding job? Everybody wants years of experience, which I don't have. I haven't even completed school or gotten my RHIT and I'm already discouraged. Please tell me there is hope! My training included ICD-10, so I am hoping that will give me a bit of an advantage.  ...

What Price Experience?
Oct 11, 2009

I've been working doing transcription full time for a small privately owned company for over a year.  I am nearly done with my certification and lucked into this job through a friend.  I am also a Medical Assitant and work full time at another job (nonmedical...I relocated and have been unable to find a job in my field).  As I am learning on-the-job, I have been given a Neurologist, Urologist, Pain Management and Orthopedic Surgeon as my full time doctors.  I don't ...

DIT Transcription - Experience With Them?
Oct 20, 2009

Hi, Has anyone ever worked for DIT transcription or is anyone currently working for them? If so, can give me your experience with them?   thanks!   ...

Recent Experience??
Oct 25, 2009

I have been away from transcription for 3 years caring for my mother (now deceased).  I have 15 years experience, however.  I would like to get back into transcription but I notice that the ads all say "recent experience".   Can anyone give me some insight on whether or not I'll have a problem after my 3 year gap?  Thanks for any help. ...

Does Anyone Have Experience With Lofin?
Oct 27, 2009

I looked in archives and didn't find much.  I'm trying to get out of a bad situation (very slow pay), but don't want to get into one that is even worse.  Would appreciate any info.  Thanks.  ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...