A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

so frustrated - leapfrog

Posted: Jun 06, 2012

I am just venting. I took a position with a company a few months ago as a secondary income and the platform and dictators are great - very easy to make good money. The problem is there's not enough work to hit my daily line counts and when I ask for more, I kind of get the brush off. It baffles me because there are other accounts in which they have work and they have even needed to post job openings and yet, I sit with no work. I also find it suspect that when I do ask for more work then all of a sudden I am getting "audits" with "several mistakes" in my work, but yet I run a 99% QA average. So sick of leaping from job to job, just want to find a place where I can stay a while. Rant over.

leapfrog - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Which company is it you're with now?

Frustrated Leapfrog - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Join the club, that happened to me after a few months and it doesn't get better. Watch the writing on the wall. Iloved it at first, but it went downhill real fast.

KS? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

not KS - leapfrog

[ In Reply To ..]
I would rather not say, I have already given enough info where they can probably identify me if they peruse these boards.

Similar Messages:

I'm Frustrated
May 24, 2010

So, our hospital outsourced and that did not work for me.  I am looking for another job, but from what I see, what used to be a valued service is now a low cents per line and you have to work nights and every weekend for half the pay.  When were we so devalued and how are they able to take this from us.  I am now looking at school because as a widow and two boys to still raise, I can't make it is the income.  I am not a slow transcriptionist, but I can't settle for ...

Frustrated With Pay
Aug 18, 2010

Just need to vent!!  I used to work for a transcription company on production pay at 7 cents/line after a few years there and basically getting starved out of the door for lack of work they were sending me I quit.  Now the clinic they were typing for has hired me to do the same work as I had been doing, same docs, same format, everything!!!  At, get this, $8/hour!!!!  I have a degree in MT plus close to 5 years experience doing THEIR dictations needless to say!!!  Really ...

Frustrated!!
Sep 19, 2011

Hi there fellow MT's.  I am so frustrated and wanted to find out if I'm on an island all by myself, or if there are other MT's that are just as frustrated!!  I have submitted, (NO JOKE) over 30 resumes within the past few months and I am getting absolutely, positively NO responses.  I have almost 10 years of experience, so I know that's not the problem.  I'm starting to wonder if it's my cover letter or resume, but I have used the same ...

I Am So Frustrated, It Seems I Took A Cut In Pay
May 07, 2012

and more that is unrelated to transcription.  This just seems wrong.  I get paid by production, yet I am doing all sorts of work that involves something a clerical worker should be doing.  Is anyone else experiencing this? ...

Frustrated New MT!
Nov 16, 2012

New MTs just curious, who has actually gotten a job!? And which company? I need some encouragement because I'm beginning to think this industry is completely bogus!  ...

New And Frustrated
May 19, 2013

I am new to Nuance. I literally started just this month. I have become very frustrated in the last few days. At first I thought I was really learning from my feedback but I continue to get QA scores of no greater than 95%. I work really hard, listen through reports 3 - 4 times, but I've always done something wrong. Just ranting. ...

Frustrated! Need A Job!!!
Nov 12, 2013

After 13+ years of working in transcription, I am so frustrated. The pay is less, the jobs seem abundant but getting hired is like pulling teeth from a rhino! I have plenty of experience in transcription, QA and account management. Hell, I've even worked the help desk and scheduling but no luck!   This mama needs Christmas cash and fast!  ...

Frustrated About OOW
Jan 16, 2015

I have been with Nuance for a month and a half.  How the heck can I get my 20 hours a week in when all week I have consistently been OOW.  I was told upon being hired that I would have plenty of work.  I need a dependable income and if this is going to continue, I will have to look elsewhere.  I will say that I like the account I am on and because of that I don't want to change where I work, but my bank account tells me I need money.  I have a friend that has told m ...

Frustrated
May 12, 2015

I am feeling rather frustrated and need to vent... Over the last month or so I have been actively pursuing other employment in the MT field. I realize the pickins are slim and the grass is NOT GREENER on the other side, so to speak, but it is what it is and this is the field I am in and need to be in while my kids still need me at home....  However, I am an experienced MT (14+ years experience)... while I understand a company wanting you to test, I do not understand these lengthy 2-hour lo ...

Frustrated And Depressed
Apr 01, 2010

Is there anyone out there that is making the same or more money with MQ since all this has changed. I am an MME and I just cannot seem to make any money.   I try so hard to make ends meet, this is going to be the first time I will not be able to make my car payment.   When I get on a roll the system seems freeze up or I just get horrible dictators the rest of my shift.  I feel alone? If there was someone who can tell me, they are able to stay at same rate, then I can ...

Getting Extremely Frustrated
Aug 30, 2010

I have been out of school since July 15 and applied to over 30 companies.  I applied for this job at a company and haven't heard back yet.  I am optimistic that  I may get this job, but it is taking forever to hear back.  Passed their first test, took the second one, now I am waiting to hear back if I got hired or not. In the meantime though, how do I find other companies online?  I have looked everywhere and felt like I have already applied to every company online ...

Really Getting Frustrated And Depressed
Oct 08, 2010

I have been a stay at home mom since my son was born. During that time I also became a cancer survivor(ovarian). When my son started kindergarten, I decided to go back to school. Since medical transcription is really the only legitimate work you can do from home, I decided to go that route. I was amazed at the schooling and surprised at how well I did. I thought for sure, being an older student and out of the education loop for a while that I wouldn't do well. But I surprised myself. I real ...

VERY FRUSTRATED NEWBIE
Feb 17, 2011

I am new to this industry and have been looking for a job since October 2010.  I am very frustrated because I have filled out over 20 applications and taken over 15 tests.  I pass each and everyone with flying colors, but yet they have turned me down for having NO experience.  I do not understand that if I am passing their tests and they are so "impressed" with me (as they state when they give me my results), then why are they turning me down?  I may not have the experience, ...

Tired And Frustrated
Jan 20, 2012

I am working on a H&P, specifically the history of present illness and am just stumped on this sentence... Bowel urinary contains 10 (sl- nights n e) (sl- teading or tidding) tendencies, exercise (sl- toilets) unlimited. Does any of this make sense? Or can you make sense out of it? Would be greatly appreciated! ...

Frustrated ED Transcriptionist
Jan 21, 2012

Frustrated that even though I have stressed my proficiency in ED work, I am still forced to do other work types first, while yet others are getting ED work types in their "pools"... I would think you would want someone who types fast in a certain area be allowed to crank that work out first and then when it runs out, let the other work types they are not so good at roll into their pool....  Frustrated ...

Frustrated Newbie!
Mar 09, 2012

Hi, I graduated from a local community college with Medical Transcription back in May, last year. Since then it has been simply aggravating finding a job, I wish I had chosen a school on line instead. So far, I've come up with nothing, job wise, and I'm thinking I made the wrong decision about getting into this career. Everywhere I look, they are asking for two years of experience at least, to start out with, or they won't even give me a chance. It's extremely frust ...

Frustrated - Getting OOW When Jobs Are Available - Sm
Jun 14, 2012

I keep getting an OOW message on my account and when I look at NetScript, there are at least 10 jobs that are available to edit/transcribe and not checked out yet and every time I check, there are more available.  They are dictators I get all the time so I am not sure why I am getting OOW.  I emailed supervisor, but she doesn't start for another 2 hours.  I can't flex again because I have appointments to go to and my kids to take care of during my "off" time, and I don&# ...

Very Frustrated Right Now!! I Have Taken Some Tests
Sep 03, 2012

for MT jobs that were ridiculous as in you basically need to be a doctor to pass, but I took a pretest just to take the coding course and it was ridiculous, as well.  I sure felt like emailing them and saying nevermind, I would not consider taking a course that you have to be a doctor just to do coding!!  Very frustrating!!!! ...

Frustrated With This Field
Mar 25, 2013

After reading everyone's posts about how these companies are always running out of work, but always hiring, it's very discouraging to even apply for a position.  I'm currently PRN with a clinic that is suppose to be going EMR sometime this year and I've been out of work for the last 5 days.  No work = No pay!!!  I got on here to see what everyone was saying about some of the companies out there I could apply with for part-time work and it's just so discour ...

Very Frustrated!! I Have Been Trying To Apply
Jun 23, 2013

to apply for a position, but the online application keeps telling me to give distinct answers, which I did and it then tells me to correct the errors, which there were none.  Can someone help me past this? ...

I'm Frustrated, 9/10 Reports So Far Have Been
Mar 12, 2014

foreigners with horrible accents, hard to understand, multiple blanks. I can't make money this way. I've noticed it gets worse and worse as time goes by. I know, I know, there are the US docs who talk fast and sloppy, but seriously between VR, unintelligible sentences, and low pay I'm ready to quit. Thanks for listening. ...

So Frustrated....why Can't I Get Webclock
Nov 16, 2014

to work from either my favorites bar OR saved on the desktop?  I am so tired of having to type the website directly.  I CAN save it to the desktop, but when I click on it, it just gives me a message that says "timeout condition detected" and will not go to Webclock.  ??? Anyone else have this problem? ...

Increasingly Frustrated With SoftScript!
Nov 28, 2009

I usually do not complain on this board, but I have seriously had enough.  I usually tried to stay positive about SoftScript, but no longer!  There are only 3 days left in this payperiod and I have done only just over 1000 lines.  "No Work Available" seems to be the pattern lately.  Plus, I have emailed management several times asking to get a secondary account and have not even gotten a reply email to say we are working on it or even "no", NOTHING!!!  I used to have a s ...

Frustrated With The BOS 3rd Edition Being Web-based!
Dec 30, 2009

The pdf electronic version of BOS-2 was so handy and easy to use.  Wonder what made them decide to do away with that & make it to where you have to open a browser, find the link, sign in, find the BOS page, etc., for the 3rd edition.  It's so much more time-consuming, not to mention the search feature doesn't work nearly as well as the BOS-2 pdf version.  For the first time ever, I can't wait for the 4th edition because surely nobody likes this & they will g ...

Frustrated With Schedule...Chill Or Say Something?
Dec 20, 2010

I took this job in the begining of the year the first transcriptionist on a new account and when hired they told me that a benefit of being the first hired on the account was that I was able to have first pick of schedule.  I chose Sunday night through Thursday night 3rd shift and worked that up until 4 months ago when my team lead e-mailed me and told me that weekends were the busiest time and that they got no weekend benefit from me working my current schedule so gave me the choice to wor ...

ExpressScribe Pro Expired? So Frustrated......
Jul 11, 2012

I was in the middle of working on a file on ExpressScribe Pro and a box popped up saying that it had expired and that I would have to purchase it.  It had said at the top that it was licensed and my name.  I was having issues with playing the files and they sent me an update link to fix it.  Now a month later it tells me that my program has expired and that I have to purchase it.  I am so frustrated right now and NCH will not answer my questions anymore or respond in any way ...

Frustrated, Exhausted, Need To Vent
Jan 21, 2013

I enrolled in an MT course in 2010.  I didn't realize how bad the industry was getting until after I signed up.  There were no refunds so I forged ahead and was determined to get as much out of it as I could.  I didn't find a job for nearly 2 years after graduation because I wanted something part-time so I could work around my full-time job.  I'm a frugal person and wanted to try MT long enough to at least make back the money I spent on the course, then decide ...

Job Not So Good! Frustrated This Morning!
Jun 12, 2013

Just want to vent! Here it is late morning, been available to work for over 4 hours, only worked less then 30 minutes, most of that is due to work availability. So just sitting here with no work- it seems like so much of the time is wasted waiting!!!!! Only if we could be paid to be available to work. It seems wrong that we get dinged for lousy dictators, even on a 100% QA account, isn't that the point of 100% QA, we get dinged for not making line count (no jobs, awful dictators, many corre ...

Getting Frustrated Keep Applying And Never Hearing Anything
Jul 31, 2014

Anybody elsewhere experience that?  I remember when I used to apply to someplace and I always heard at least invited to test or offered a position, now I can apply to at least 10 places and be very lucky even to hear from one of them.  Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong in my resume that I need to look at.  Just wondering if anyone else is having that problem?  ...

Frustrated With EScription Platform!
Jan 25, 2015

Is there any way to easily get capitals to change when you add or remove a period? It's so frustrating when, for example, when you take a period out and the next word doesn't automatically capitalize like it does in a lot of other platforms.  Word macros don't seem to work.  : (   ...