A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

recently interviewed with Superior Global Solutions - Lissybell

Posted: Jun 13, 2013

I recently interviewed for this company. Spoke with a recruiter and hiring manager. They were offering 2nd and 3rd shifts. They provide 12 PTO days per year to be used after the first 3 months, 401 K, and benefits. The accounts they offered me were 100% domestic; however, they do off-shore some of their other accounts. Both gals seemed very nice, but the pay is very low. They pay 0.38 cpl for VR edited lines and 0.83 cpl for transcribed lines with 90% of their work being VR editing. How can one live with these types of wages? This is an insult as I have 15 years experience, 9 of those with the same company.

SG pay - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Their line rate may seem low, but it is better than what most companies are offering now. Most are offering around 0.07 for ST and 0.03 for VR. Good luck trying to find better now. I worked there for a while but was constantly out of work. At least the company I currently work for has steady work during my shift.

Superior Global Solutions - Lissybell

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your reply. With my experience I feel I should be paid a better rate. I was making 9.52 cpl on VR and transcribed lines which included spaces at my previous employer who unfortunately has decided to outsource their work because I'm sure they finally figured out that would be cheaper than paying us. This was a union position. I have already had another offer with better compensation through Precyse based on my experience.

GIS pay - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
They offered me a job too at those rates and I turned them down. Told the recruiter that it wasn't enought to pay my electric bill let alone anything else. She said it's the growing rate. I said they were in the U.S. not Asia. This ladies, is what they're doing to us. Turning us into 3rd world sweat shops out of our own homes at our expense.

GIS pay outahere - Lissybell

[ In Reply To ..]
You are absolutely correct. Slave wages. Some of the testing I took for these MT companies, you'd think they want you to be a physician for goodness sake. If they want quality work with the attention to detail this job requires, they should pay a liveable wage.

Wait, GIS or SGS? Two different companies - Which did you deal with?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
Nov 14, 2009

I worked about 3-4 weeks for SGS.  The people were really really nice.  The pay was on time.  The problem lies with too many Q.A. people and all having different opinions and no one agreeing on the same thing.  They nick-picked me to pieces.  I had a job come up today and it was a STAT.  I had no idea it was stat.  I was in Q.A. being checked for everything, so I was doing my normal be careful speed and they said hurry it up.  So, I did and then they would not let me have the line count ...

Superior Global Solutions..anyone QA For Them?
Jan 30, 2011

I have been looking for an hourly QA job for a while now and realizing that I made 18,000 last year with a good education and lots of experience really put the emphasis on how much I want to go hourly.  I am (I think) good at what I do and pride myself on accuracy.  Editing offshore work on production pay isn't working for me at my current position because the reports are a mess and take FOREVER.  At any rate, I've sent out about 8 resumes so far in the last 3 weeks with ...

Superior Global Solutions In TX
Sep 15, 2011

I cannot for the life of me figure out whether Superior Global Solutions out of Plano, Texas offshores or not.  There is a sentence on their web page that says "....and US and internationally based labor", and I have searched high and low on the web for any kind of good or bad about them and can find nothing!  I have heard now from a couple of people that they are a good company and so I was going to apply until I read that!  I even searched for a list of US medical transcrip ...

How Is Superior Global Solutions Out TX
Sep 15, 2012

I'm looking for a new, hopefully good, company to apply to.  Can anyone share their thoughts on how Superior Global Solutions out of Plano, TX is to work for?  I'd like to know things like QA conisistency, team lead helpfulness, pay scale and fairness, pay on time, PTO or vacations, etc.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance. ...

Superior Global Solutions (SGS)
Jan 02, 2014

Hi Everyone: Does anyone happen to know where the North Texas Accounts are going from SGS?  I believe they are losing this acct and wanted to know who was getting it.  If anyone has any information on this, please let me know. Also, is there a way of searching to see who is obtaining this account or other accounts from other companies in the future?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.   ...

Anyone Work For Superior Global Solutions?
Oct 19, 2009

If you work or have worked for this company, I would appreciate any comments about your experience.  Sorry if this has already been discussed here before.  I cannot search any archives and do not see it mentioned when I scroll down the page. ...

Any Info On Superior Global Solutions
Feb 04, 2010

I got an email this evening from SGS.  It stated they got my resume from an MT related job board.  The opening is for acute care and radiology.  My resume states my experience is neurology and psych.  Am I  going to be set up to FAIL?  They want to have a phone interview - if anyone has any input it would be most appreciated.  ...

Superior Global Solutions--can Someone Email Plz?
Apr 13, 2010

I was asked by the recruiter to test for them, but I am not sure I want to waste my time.  Can someone email me personally and give me some insight into this company.  Do they pay on time?  Can I make line count?  how is QA?  Do they hold checks? etc?   Thanks ...

Superior Global Solutions Info Please
Aug 03, 2010

Can anyone give me info, good or bad, about Superior Global Solutions?   Thanks!  ...

Any Info On Superior Global Solutions?
Sep 27, 2010

Any info on Superior Global Solutions?  I am always weary when I see Global in the title.  I got a call and she said they were an MTSO, but I think they might be a recruiter company and charge you.  ...

Superior Global Solutions NOT A BAD COMPANY
Nov 03, 2010

This post is dated 11/3/10 just so we are clear. I would like to say that I currently work for Superior Global and I LOVE IT. If you don't make money, well thats your deal, because I can tell you that I make great money.  I have been doing this from home for 5 years and this is the best money I have ever made. They have NEVER held a check, they have NEVER not paid me, bounced a check or any of those other things I have read.  In fact, they usually send the check a few days earl ...

Superior Global Solutions Any Info?
Nov 06, 2011

Any info on Superior Global Solutions.   I see they are located in Plano, Texas which is close to where I am moving.  Any info appreciated.   ...

Anything, Good Or Bad, About Superior Global Solutions
Nov 30, 2011

Can anyone tell me anything, good or bad, about Superior Global Solutions. ...

My Experience With Superior Global Solutions
Dec 19, 2011

To sum it up, I just got back from the unemployment office. But for more details of it, here ya go.   I had just become certified and was notified of a paid 90-day internship with Superior Global Solutions (SGS). I quickly accepted the offer given that so many people I know have such a hard time finding work in their field. This internship popped up a week after becoming certified. I just wanted experience more than anything. I went through the 90-day internship with SGS and was really ...

Does Superior Global Solutions Use IC Employees?
Jan 14, 2012

Thinking of applying and looking for information.  I didn't see much in archives.  Thanks. ...

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS - LAID OFF QAS
Jan 20, 2013

If you are a previous employee at Superior Global Solutions as an hourly QA and were terminated within the past 2 years I have valuable information that may be of benefit to you. Respond with your contact information and I will get in touch with you. ...

Applied To Superior Global Solutions
Jul 15, 2013

I applied to Superior Global and was wondering if anyone has any RECENT experience with this company? ...

Any NEW Information On Superior Global Solutions Or Transcend?
Jul 14, 2010

Everything I seem to find in the archives is rather old and would like something more current.    Feel free to email me.  Anything at all on either of these companies that is current would be great!   Thanks in advance ...

Superior Global Solutions - Passed Their Tests
Mar 15, 2011

Passed their tests.  They wrote me a congratulatory email and a phone call that told me I passed.  Told me I needed Word 2003 (do you know how HARD it is to get Word 2003 anymore?).  Cost me $140.00 but I got it.  Sent in computer specifications, passed.  Gave former employer 5 days notice (SGS wouldn't hold my new job for 2 weeks, gave me only 5 days).  Received paperwork in email in the morning.  By 2 PM, received phone call, "we are withdrawing our job offer".  When I could get ...

Superior Global Solutions...do They Accept Satellite?
Mar 28, 2012

Trying to find companies besides M*Modal who allow satellite internet.  I currently work at Transcend and I can use it there BUT Nuance bought them out and eventually the account will go to Nuance's platform, and Nuance does not allow satellite.  So I am trying to prepare ahead of time.  Does Superior Global allow satellite?  ...

Superior Global Solutions - Name Of The Current Recruiter?
Aug 28, 2012

Is anyone able to give me the name of the current recruiter?  Thanks for your help!  ...

Got A Call Friday From Superior Global Solutions
Sep 24, 2012

So I got a call Friday from Superior Global Solutions.  Well I just wanted to take a moment of my time and give everyone the skinny... They ask "are you comfortable with HIGH ESL" They ask "are you comfortable with a very speciality op heavy account" They ask "are you comfortable with a teaching hospital" To all of this I said "Sure, I've been doing this for a long time, including PATH and RAD, and about half my long career in QA" and then they drop the bomb "With your super ...

Superior Global Solutions Information, Such As Benefits
Oct 08, 2012

information, such as benefits, ease of platform, pay, etc. ...

Superior Global Solutions. They Are Looking For Somone Very Good With
Dec 08, 2012

ESLs.  Can someone tell me the quality of the dictation and sound and if it is worth looking into.  Thanks much! ...

Superior Global Solutions - Information Regarding This Company?
Apr 04, 2013

Would like some information regarding this company.  How are they to work for, pay, work flow, etc.  ...

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS OUT OF PLANO TEXAS
Apr 15, 2014

Hi: I am looking to connect with MTs/MLSs who worked for or are currently working for Superior Global Solutions out of Plano, Texas. ...

Don't Bother Applying To Superior Global Solutions
May 20, 2014

I just received a call from the CEO stating that they were "making tough decisions" and I was to finish what I was doing and then I was laid off.  They immediately cut off my access to email, the SGS site with the timesheet and Spark. ...

Superior Global Solutions Pay, Hours, Work Flow, Etc ?
Apr 04, 2013

Anyone familiar with this company?  Pay, hours, work flow, etc. ...

Superior Global Solutions - Tough Company Decisions
May 21, 2014

Just wondering how many SGS MTs got the "phone call" yesterday and got laid off.  I was told I was not the only one.  But only reason was "tough company decisons".  I asked directly if it had to do with peformance, and the answer was "no".  Unemployment???? ...

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS Pay, Accounts, Work Loads, And Management?
Jun 17, 2011

After a long, long battle with my current employer (Nuance) I've thrown in the towel and am looking for a new place to work. I have a few old working buddies at SGS and even an old Team Lead who have nothing bad to say about it. I'm hearing there's LOADS of work and pay is pretty good, but I wanted to hear from any recent current or ex employees how it worked out for you. I am suposed to sign all the paper work Monday (and I'm not dealing with "K," so save those stories pleas ...