A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

e-scription worst experience - anon

Posted: Oct 09, 2011

I have worked for Nuance a long time ago.  They had e-scription and it was the worst program i have ever been in.  I had to check, check, and double check the demographics and God forbid if there was something i had to correct!  By the time i got to transcribing, i had already wasted a half-hour.  Anyone else with this experience?  And do they still have it?

My beef with Escription - Old Broad

[ In Reply To ..]
I generally don't have to fiddle with demographics that much, but my beef with Escription speech rec is that it is chock full of misspelled words, unnecessary hyphenated words and popular made-up words (like "alot"). The misspelled words including meds are very close to the correct spellings so they are easy to miss if you are not on top of things. No red squiggly line underneath these incorrect spellings either. It also likes to hyphenate like crazy where not needed. The other speech rec programs I have used had a lot of wrong spellings too. I don't know what the deal is.

escription - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed that also. It was real tricky.

Similar Messages:

Softscript Was The Worst Experience Of My Life
Dec 10, 2010

Softscript was the worst experience of my life.  Their software sucks - just about all applications within their program are slow, slow, slow - couldn't get any lines.  Go figure.  Do not waste your time with this company.  ...

Who Else Uses E-Scription Other Than
Dec 05, 2011

Nuance, Webmedx, TransTech, TTD, TTS?  I know I am missing quite a few companies who use the program, right? ...

E-Scription Platform
Jun 08, 2011

Somebody please tell me about the e-scription platform. Is it harder to work on as far as making the same amount as you were on the Dictaphone word client program.   thanks ...

E-Scription Doubt
Apr 15, 2014

Hi,   I noticed that some ES users download 5-25 jobs in the user ID even when QUEUE CACHE is set to '1'. That is when they are only allowed to download 1 job at a time. This is a flaw in the software and frustates other MTs who dont do any frauds like this.  Can anybody tell me how they download more jobs at a time?  I just want to stop this practice. thanks Jones ...

Are EditScript And E-scription The Same Program? What MTSO's
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

With E-scription, How Do I Delete An Entry In The Date Field
Dec 23, 2009

nm ...

Is It Possible To Make Decent Money With TransTech E-Scription VR? Nm
Dec 29, 2009

nm ...

Which Is The Worst?
Apr 09, 2013

When the dictator: 1.  Constantly saying "um" or "ah" or "and" throughout dictation? 2.  Sucking his teeth? 3.  Sniffing and snorting snot? ALL EQUALLY DISGUSTING TO ME. Take a second and blow your nose. ...

Worst Day Ever - Sm
Aug 15, 2013

11 reports in 1-1/2 hours, 246 lines, 24.6% to QA. Just shoot me now. ...

Worst Of The Worst
Jan 24, 2015

Today I seem to be getting the worst dictators in the history of mankind.  After a while your ears simply give out.  Enough already!! ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

DSG Seems To Have The WORST Dictators
Mar 26, 2010

I have been an MT for over 20 years and have worked at a few different companies.  I am currently with DSG, and I just have to say, DSG seems to have the WORST dictators of any company that I have worked for.  I work on 5 different accounts for them and it is all the same.  Any other DSG'ers out there that are experiencing the same thing?  I don't recall being told when I was hired that I would be typing 98% ESL.  Beware if you are thinking of working here!    ...

Today, ASR Is The Worst It Has Every Been!!
Apr 29, 2013

My count is in the toilet. 80% retype and I can't F11 ! Hey Amy, spent a day in my shoes. ASR has been worse lately, but this is the absolute worst. ...

Sometimes I Feel Like The Worst MT
Mar 27, 2014

Lately I have not bee doing well, short on line count, a few bad audits, I am in the dog house. I now have a fear that a I too will be let go. It is hard to work like this, wish I could just quit, but cannot right now, maybe in a few months, unless they terminate me. I understand the policy, 150 LPH, but sometimes I just cannot make it, dictators are bad, unfamiliar accounts. When it is good, it is good, but when it is bad, it is bad! I guess I will just keep plugging along until other wise :( ...

The Worst Thing You Can Do Is Nothing
Apr 23, 2014

In addition to writing to your representatives, we should all try to get our story in the news.  ABC World News or any of the others woulld be a great avenue to try.  We just need to get their attention.  Most average people don't even know about the MTStars site..we need to change that.  They ask to keep it brief, so I would refer them to the site and make brief statements about outsourcing, how our pay has been cut in half, that VR is not all it has been made out to be ...

Becoming An MT 35 Years Ago Was The Worst
Apr 27, 2014

I just read an ad for a certified COURT REPORTER (the job training I stupidly turned down in order to become an MT) in San Jose CA.  Check out the annual salary: $68,237.73 - $86,700.64 Annually I think I'll go shoot myself now.   ...

ACK!! I Have To Say My Company Has To Have Some Of The Worst
May 30, 2014

MTs!!  No I am not perfect and yes I remember when I started how hard it was to remember a lot of things, but some of these mistakes are just stupid.  They do not do research or something.  I think what is driving me the most batty is they leave one space only after a period in 1 sentence and go back to 2 in the next.  Not uniform at all.  OKay, done now.  Hiding my OCD now ...

Anticipating The Worst... Is This Possible?
Aug 04, 2014

What if the extremely lower than ever volumes (OOW on 3 accounts at a time) is because some of the acute worktypes are being converted to ambulatory care WT since more and more patients are kept in observation status or "extended recovery" instead of being admitted. W(c)ould not some of those same-day surgery types perhaps be called ambulatory? We would likely be kept in the dark about that just like everything else, don't you reckon? Anyone able to confirm this with anyone?   ...

Best Company...or Maybe The Best Of The Worst
Feb 03, 2015

Hi guys, I have just gradded from an MT course and was looking through the postings here and there are a lot of horror stories. Just wondering what places you would recommend working? I have an interview with assistmed coming up but read some things about nonpayment. Any input in to a good company for a worker in canada would be great. ...

I Just Had The Worst Dictation.
Apr 03, 2015

Remember the Charlie Brown special. Well this dictation sounded like the sound effect used for Charlie's teacher (wawa). Somehow Mmodal still expects 100% accuracy.  I spent a good hour on this report, argh.  ...

Worst MTSO Ever
Jun 23, 2015

Don't ever work for this sham of a company, who decides at the drop of a hat to drop wages to minimum wage base and then gives a pay grid to aspire to, all the while tying your hands behind your back with no work and no pooling.  They came to the US a few years ago to hire every single MT and QC and manager they could to train their speech engine and their thousands of even more pitifully poor workers in India.  That phase is over.  You managers reading this will be the next ...

What The???? Do I Work For The Worst Company Or What?
Feb 02, 2010

Nothing but garbled sound files on cell phones, ESLs who don't even speak a semblance of English, THE WORST VR software I have ever encountered, leads who expect us to sit at our computers 24 hours a day to pick up what work straggles in.  The good accounts have been axed over the years leaving us with these gems that give me anxiety attacks daily.  I have been at this a long time, and tough accounts are not new to me, but this constant garbage just drives me crazy.  I HATE t ...

Best/Worst MTSOs To Work For
Jul 18, 2010

Does anybody know if there is a place where MTSOs have been ranked, best to work for, worst to work for, happiest customers? ...

On-Time Is The Worst. Avoid.
Apr 27, 2012

Been with this company for 11, almost 12, years and now we have new QA who have NO clue what they're doing.  No report is sent through without their checking it and messing it up first.  And no two QA make the same changes.  It's so frustrating to love a job and then dread working due to the unprofessional editing.  No wonder they're losing accounts left and right.  We're normally without work and I think my loyalty showed I was going to be there, at ...

Which Do You Find Is The Worst Bully
Sep 27, 2012

Nuance or M Modal... And how does a person get fired rather than quit if the bullying is too much to take. Thanks in advance for those who have experienced it and found a way to deal with it.   ...

MTs Input - Best And Worst Platforms
May 07, 2013

We are exploring new platforms.  We want to know which ones work most effectively for MTs and which ones to avoid.  Thanks for any input. ...

Worst Doctor Award
Jun 28, 2013

Now I've heard it all. Patient is 53 yo female, lives alone in a mobile home. Sprained both ankles, unable to bear weight on either ankle. No family/friends to take care of her as they work or in school. Asks if she can go to an assisted living until she is able to bear weight. Doctor tells her to..... get this....  just crawl around her mobile home if she needs to get around. Fifteen years of doing this and I'm so pissed off right now that I feel like writing him a let ...

Worst Companies To Work
Sep 07, 2013

MModal Nuance Precyse   The big 3 to stay away from ...

WORST Company I've Ever Worked For
Feb 10, 2014

Not only do they give is crappy software to deal with struggling to be paid on a production pay, but I get errors CONSTANTLY and can't work. Support is totally uninterested in helping me. I can't leave this company fast enough!  The software this company uses is like tying one hand behind my back.  Management SUX! ...

Nuance Is The Worst Company Ever
May 08, 2014

I HATE THIS COMPANY!  Just needed to vent.  ...